• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't even look at Daisy seriously on character select screens anymore.

I've tried to speak in their corner of the Mario world, because Mario is my favorite franchise and I respect every aspect of that franchise and love it, even Daisy, but she's been warped when every time I try to approach any corner of the web discussing Daisy it's either about how she's the worst, or how she's the best and everyone else in Mario that came after her that gets attention is the worst.

Neither side is fun to interact with and it's very hard to remain neutral on the subject of her.

D

Deleted member

Ugh.

I think K. Rool is legitimately becoming "the new Daisy" for me...which sucks, considering (in a vacuum, without regard to his fanbase) I actually like K. Rool...
Join the Funky side, my brother.

We small, but we chill, yo. ...except on the racetrack. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Join the Funky side, my brother.

We small, but we chill, yo. ...except on the racetrack. :p
Personally I prefer Dixie (mainly because the idea of her using her Bubble Gum Gun to make explosive sticky traps on the stage, allowing her to get in close to grapple with her hair is really neat to me) but I'd be more than okay with Funky. :p

Also he'd have Wario's Side Special but with the Flame Runner instead. Watch out, people.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Popping in to say that if we can’t get playable elite beat agents they should be an assist:
how could you say no after such an emotional level?

D

Deleted member

God that mew MHA episode was just perfect, can't wait for next week where **** gets really real.
Wanted to oost Ashido's beautiful reaction but the gifs aren't working so I'll give you all this instead.
40784ffe-651f-481e-855d-46d263900d3e.gif

Because more than a handful of K. Rool supporters (weirdly enough it's worse here than a lot of other places) act like everything is a threat or have incredibly shortsighted and entitled attitudes when it comes to character additions.

Everything that debuted after 2008 is "an advertisement." Anything that isn't cartoony is "irrelevant weeb trash." K. Rool "obviously won the rigged ballot." There's no character as "important and deserving" as an obese crocodile who was written out of his own franchise a decade ago.

And it sucks, because K. Rool himself is pretty great. But him getting in means rewarding a bunch of entitled whiners stuck in the nineties and armchair game developers, so the idea gets less thrilling with each passing day. Harsh, maybe, but who cares.
I have to agree, which is unfortunate because I clearly remember the K.Rool fanbase being pretty chill back in the Smash 4 speculation era but it all changed after the release.
After Ridley was written off as impossible, K.Rool was seen as the "Big One" and that went way over their heads, the Ballot period is when it started to get really toxic with K.Rool being considered as much of an inevitability as Ridley once was. And that hasn't really died off, it's still the same now.
The problem is that K.Rool has a different problem from Ridley, not being gameplay related, but rather about relevance. And it just gets kinda sad to see them flip over a street name in Mario Odyssey :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't even look at Daisy seriously on character select screens anymore.

I've tried to speak in their corner of the Mario world, because Mario is my favorite franchise and I respect every aspect of that franchise and love it, even Daisy, but she's been warped when every time I try to approach any corner of the web discussing Daisy it's either about how she's the worst, or how she's the best and everyone else in Mario that came after her that gets attention is the worst.

Neither side is fun to interact with and it's very hard to remain neutral on the subject of her.
Daisy was always alright with me. Liked her more than Peach, though Rosalina is actually pretty cool all things considered.

That said, I'd fight someone to get a new Peach game, it'd be kind of cool if Daisy and/or Rosa were playable too, and they had differences in playstyle like Mario/Luigi/Wario/Yoshi in SM64DS.

Or Mega Man Starforce 4. I'd also fight someone for my dude Geo "Real *****" Stelar to get more respect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Speculation was something. I can not believe people still think Lucario is getting cut. Lucario is a lock. Lucario is never going to get cut at all.
In heaven guiding all of you, my children.
I feel honored.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A game where everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom including Bowser and Bowser Jr is kidnapped by a new villain and the playable characters are Peach, Pauline, Rosalina and Daisy would be incredible.

It'd also probably do their fanbases some good, because it is so incredibly hard to find fan art of all four of them together because everyone tries to pit all four of them against one another.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My Crystal team
Totodile, Drowzee, Onix, Zubat and Growlithe. They’re all level 15 and I’m in Goldenrod City doing a touch of grinding before fighting the gym and.., Whitney.

D

Deleted member

Personally I prefer Dixie (mainly because the idea of her using her Bubble Gum Gun to make explosive sticky traps on the stage, allowing her to get in close to grapple with her hair is really neat to me) but I'd be more than okay with Funky. :p

Also he'd have Wario's Side Special but with the Flame Runner instead. Watch out, people.
Dixie, Cranky, hell, even the big lug K. Rool, it's all cool, brother.

Regardless of which DK newcomer makes the cut, nothing will harsh our mellow. :cool:

(That's what happens when your character makes a big splash a bit too late in the game and isn't one of the ones that's been in discussion since at least Smash 4 speculation. :p)

....but Nintendo should really let us raise hell on the racetrack again. Why is DK the only Kong in Mario Kart now? :/

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want Cranky to have a Kill Bill moment with Mario if he ever gets in. Just the Kill Bill siren when they see one another.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm pretty sure most people would be happy with any DK character. I know I would be.

Except maybe Kiddy Kong. I don't think he really has a ton of fans.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I tried playing Smash 4 after so many months at a convention, trying to play competitively in a casual match melts my brain away so quickly. I better practice soon before Smash Switch launches or else I will be a laughing stock. :9

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All fanbase that want their characters over others while being jerk about it should just eat delicious pasta. Like I'm doing right now.:luigimelee:

Good pasta heal a salty soul.
-Malos, 2017-2018

Chrono.

I tried playing Smash 4 after so many months at a convention, trying to play competitively in a casual match melts my brain away so quickly. I better practice soon before Smash Switch launches or else I will be a laughing stock. :9 #SmashBros
Why... did you put a hashtag in there?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know what other games do a good job with multiple playable characters? Mega Man Powered Up, and Mega Man X8.

In MMPU, you've got MM1 Mega Man, MM3(With the Slide) MM4+(With the Slide and Charge Shot), Protoman, Roll, AND all 8 Robot Masters. A ton of different styles to go through. And there's even Rock, which is Mega Man without any weapons, so you kick **** all day.

Mega Man X8 has Mega Man X, Zero and Axl, and probably has the best enhancements to their mechanics in the series. All of them get different weapons, and there's a two different armors(well...3) for Mega Man X. It's not my favorite in terms of level design, but mechanically, it's where I think the series should be headed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A game where everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom including Bowser and Bowser Jr is kidnapped by a new villain and the playable characters are Peach, Pauline, Rosalina and Daisy would be incredible.

It'd also probably do their fanbases some good, because it is so incredibly hard to find fan art of all four of them together because everyone tries to pit all four of them against one another.
"Super Princess Peach 2, The Mushpire Strikes Back!"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Super Smash Bros. Crusade appears to dislike me using the Switch Pro Controller. It only does digital movement during gameplay and it doesn't recognize left/right on the right stick at all.

Super Smash Flash 2, on the other hand, doesn't have any problems with said controller.

D

Deleted member

Hey Opossum, what is your FEH friend code?
I want to be friends with the marsupial king himself. :4marth:
I am not tagging you, because tagging can be annoying to you.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Opossum Opossum I saw this image and thought of you.
Patroka's design to me is OK, at first, I was bothered by how revelating the lower part of her outfit was. But after looking more at the rest of her design, aswell as the way she move and fight. I warm up to her design and consider it quit fitting for her character.

Plus, dang, that's some hot legs she got, if I may say.:denzel:

So yeah Aetheri Aetheri , I can understand your view on her.
Joke: Patroka is ****ing pissed
Broke: Patroka is ****ing annoying
Woke: Patroka is ****ing hot

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The depths of the earth are hot
...Fair point.

Still, she ain't got nothing compared to Newt's abs, now that's what I call a hot blade.:denzel:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Because more than a handful of K. Rool supporters (weirdly enough it's worse here than a lot of other places) act like everything is a threat or have incredibly shortsighted and entitled attitudes when it comes to character additions.

Everything that debuted after 2008 is "an advertisement." Anything that isn't cartoony is "irrelevant weeb trash." K. Rool "obviously won the rigged ballot." There's no character as "important and deserving" as an obese crocodile who was written out of his own franchise a decade ago.

And it sucks, because K. Rool himself is pretty great. But him getting in means rewarding a bunch of entitled whiners stuck in the nineties and armchair game developers, so the idea gets less thrilling with each passing day. Harsh, maybe, but who cares.

Donkey Kong Country 2 is my favorite video game. By a pretty hefty margin, at that. Going back to that "four most influential games" thing, it'd be Donkey Kong Country 2, four times. No other game has had as strong an impact on me as a gamer, an artist, and a game artist. Everything from the level design, to the art direction, to the score, right down to the movement mechanics, it's all as close to perfect in my eyes as it can get. I (rather unfairly) judge every single platformer by its standards, to the point where I actively struggle to enjoy otherwise objectively great platformers. Tropical Freeze, for example, just frustrates me for being different in just about every way possible, which makes it very hard for me to appreciate the otherwise really clever level design.

I have not, and will not, go into the K. Rool support thread. I've been in the Dixie one once, and that was enough for me. The fanbase for this franchise, at least the ones that overlap with the Smash fanbase, is getting more and more desperate by the day, and its not a good look.

To be honest, though, I feel that way about just about every popular request for this game, even the ones I actively support (but especially the ones I don't; we all have our biases). As a result, talking about newcomers just isn't fun for me anymore.

I'm only here for the leaks.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shiny, you did it again.

You liked a post I made on someone else's profile from three years ago. AFTER I told you not to do that, and you apologized.

You've learned nothing and it's really disappointing.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Very funny.. .
Here's her official artwork:
At first I was going to mention how this character art reminded me a lot of Final Fantasy's designs...then I remembered Nomura actually did work on character art for this game...so its no wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom