• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Exactly my point. Even the crocs steer clear.
The crocs AND the sharks steer clear.

Admittedly the show was dramatized so no idea how accurate, but one of those "vs animals" shows suggested that a shark can't even bite through hippo hide.

I don't see any reason to doubt it with how utterly tank-like the things are, though.

Also hippos sweat a blood red liquid as natural sunscreen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will say though as a counter to my previous point, Kirby feels spot on and Ness and Pikachu are good translations of their RPG styles. Ness's case, more thematic than literal. His moveset is a bit awkward and quirky, like Earthbound itself.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Question, am I the only one who thinks that some of the the original 8-12 characters are hamstrung by their relativity basic movesets? Samus for example has a similar floatiness to super Metroid but is otherwise not really at all like how she was in the original series.

-She has to plant her self in place to use her arm cannon
-Charge shots are a commitment
-Screw attack... Ok you couldn't get that one in as is without breaking the game.
-Bombs are strange and Samus can't use her morph ball freely

Compare her to Mega Man who can play almost exactly like his old self.

Others ones I can mention are Donkey Kong (throwing barrels as a floor hugging projectile), Link & Yoshi (seem to be heavywieght for the sake of weight distribution in a game without big bad villains) and, in a melee special mention, Zelda.

Smash may not have full-on power creep (outside of :4bayonetta:) but it has a lot of moveset creep.
If Samus could at least get a 'crawl' by dropping into Morph ball like in Project M, that would be swell...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If Samus could at least get a 'crawl' by dropping into Morph ball like in Project M, that would be swell...
Metroid can't crawl.
I don't get this episode of Bones I'm watching.

One of the characters has tickets to Avatar and they even showed the trailer for it, so it's not like they'll make up a fake movie instead of showing the real thing.

Yet the case being investigated is some kind of fictionalised King of Kong story with murder thrown in. The victim holds the world record in, "Punky Pong" which not only sounds like Donkey Kong but has an arcade cabinet resembling it. The victim is named Steve and the previous record holder is named Billy, so they've just taken the story of Steve Wiebe vs Billy Mitchell and changed the last names. It's like the only thing that doesn't make it Donkey Kong is the game having had a rerelease on Xbox.

I get they probably couldn't either have a fictional Donkey Kong champion which would clash with the real world, or just straight up kill a fictional version of Wiebe but there's some real disonance between showing a real movie and having to come up with some poor but obvious parody of a real video game and the competiton for its world record.
Oh come on. Now the Billy Mitchell character is upset that Steve won the title after submitting a video of him playing the game.

At least Billy here makes a living repairing arcade machines and not running a restaurant and selling hot sauce.

EDIT: And they even got a referee ala Twin Galaxies.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here’s another animal fact... err well bug fact.

When a house fly eats it regurgitates the meal then eats it again.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Bugs are animals.

They just don't have rights like animals.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fun Fact:

Yoshi's almost always fall off of cliffs upon birth making them an endangered species. No one knows why this happens though.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Mario having a basic moveset is fine since he's supposed to be the Ryu of the game.

Other characters, though... yeah.

Like, why'd it take 4 games for DK to get his roll.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I call lies. Cause if it could simply regurgitate it's meal and eat it again, it shouldn't need to keep going after my blood.

Also......in strange changes tonight, IS changed Marth's look on the CYL2 Results screen from his New Mystery look to his Shadow Dragon look.
I know that accurately, Marth's FE1 form was 3rd place compared to his FE3/12 look which was lower, so changing his FE3/12 art to his FE1/11 look on the result screen makes some sense, but still...what exactly prompted them to do so?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That is one fact I didn't want to know... :scared:
Wanna know a REALLY fun fact?

Entomologists who deal with studying roaches sometimes become allergic to them, showing symptoms even when a roach is remotely present. Curiously, they also experience this reaction when drinking most types of pre-ground coffee.

I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mario having a basic moveset is fine since he's supposed to be the Ryu of the game.

Other characters, though... yeah.

Like, why'd it take 4 games for DK to get his roll.
Maybe Sakurai saw DK64 where Dk kicked instead of rolled.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That’s why I had to post it.
You are pure evil.

Entomologists who deal with studying roaches sometimes become allergic to them, showing symptoms even when a roach is remotely present. Curiously, they also experience this reaction when drinking most types of pre-ground coffee.

It's a good thin I don't trink coffee then :p

D

Deleted member

We talking about first times? I'd rather not, I was completely stupid back then.
I started not being stupid after I stopped being straight, so there's you solution, everybody.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

COCKROACHES ARE MADE OF COFFEE!

Maybe if I drank more coffee I'd like them more. More of a tea person myself.

Last edited:

Chrono.

If you're a fan of Vegeta, then the new Super episode is for you.

- Toppo about to roflstomp 17 when SURPRISE it's not Vegeta, but rather, Frieza
- Frieza spams some beams against Toppo but it's pretty useless
- The only reason Toppo and Vegeta end up fighting is because Jiren regroups with him to force Goku and Vegeta to split up
- Vegeta actually saying he's fighting for his family and Cabba, while calling out Toppo for relying on his pride was so ****ing dope.
- Vegeta ends up eliminating Toppo with Final Explosion, of all things, he's also figured out a way to not get himself blown up by it so that's neat.
- 17 is definitely gonna be gone by next episode, good night sweet prince
- Jiren was definitely not so heroic towards Toppo at the end there
- Curiously, Frieza completely disappears right before Toppo was about to blast him and 17, with zero acknowledgement from either the characters, the show itself or the next ep preview. So he's definitely gonna be playing a role later.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Scientists have performed brain surgery on roaches.

Why? **** if I know.

Ivander

Smash Legend

HOT CHOCOLATE 4 LIFE! :shades:

In all seriousness, I don't drink coffee. I may have tried it once or twice, but I drink hot chocolate whenever I have a hot drink in the winter.

Also, talking about all these facts, anybody having flashbacks about when we were talking about birds having teeth? And when I showed the tongue eating parasite?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dude, I never knew that!
You probably know that roaches can survive for a week, but that is because they have multiple nerve command centers, so they can still function. It is just that they would die because of starvation.

Here is another interesting fact:
IC 1101 is the largest galaxy found so far.
About a billion light years in diameter, it could be approximately six million light years in diameter. In comparison, the Milky Way is approximately 100,000 light years in diameter. That means that IC 1101 is sixty times the diameter of our Milky Way! While your galaxy contains approximately a hundred billion stars, this galaxy could contain a hundred trillion stars. That is one huge galaxy.
I had to get the information for the galaxy by a website, but I knew the roach one just in case ( without a website ) if you were asking about the information.
Lets continue the science here!

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What if Arale was chosen for the Tournament of Power?

Honestly though, changing what characters participated would be a cool what-if scenario for a DB video game.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
TEA FTW!!

Nothing beats a nice Earl Grey!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Scientists have performed brain surgery on roaches.

Why? **** if I know.
What do scientists NOT perform random surgery on?

One time they grew a human ear on the back of a mouse. Another time I think they gave one two heads.

I don't actually have a problem with "for science" and this kind of stuff could have actual medical applications down the road all things considered, but it's still wacky. And I don't really envy those mice.

D

Deleted member

**** I fogot about Super today.

Guess I gotta wach it tomorow.
Will you watch the superbowl though? Just kidding :troll:
Yeah, I am an introvert. I feel like the odd one out about not caring for any sports broadcasts at all. Almost everyone else I know well does.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The average person eats 8 spiders in their sleep.
That's actually fake.

That myth came from a website listing things people would believe off the internet.

There's virtually no chance a spider would just wander into someone's mouth to be eaten. I guess sleep eating is a thing but that doesn't make people eat spiders.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Dude, I never knew that!
You probably know that roaches can survive for a week, but that is because they have multiple nerve command centers, so they can still function. It is just that they would die because of starvation.

Here is another interesting fact:
IC 1101 is the largest galaxy found so far.
About a billion light years in diameter, it could be approximately six million light years in diameter. In comparison, the Milky Way is approximately 100,000 light years in diameter. That means that IC 1101 is sixty times the diameter of our Milky Way! While your galaxy contains approximately a hundred billion stars, this galaxy could contain a hundred trillion stars. That is one huge galaxy.
I had to get the information for the galaxy by a website, but I knew the roach one just in case ( without a website ) if you were asking about the information.
Lets continue the science here!
Octopi also have nerve clusters in each of their tentacles that act like mini-brains. Tentacles can keep moving independently after they're severed, and an octopus can have it's tentacles do things without the main brain actually being aware of it.

But I mean, I know that one more because people bring it up in the context of Octarians in Splatoon. . .

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

- The only reason Toppo and Vegeta end up fighting is because Jiren regroups with him to force Goku and Vegeta to split up
- Vegeta actually saying he's fighting for his family and Cabba, while calling out Toppo for relying on his pride was so ****ing dope.
- Vegeta ends up eliminating Toppo with Final Explosion, of all things, he's also figured out a way to not get himself blown up by it so that's neat.
- Curiously, Frieza completely disappears right before Toppo was about to blast him and 17, with zero acknowledgement from either the characters, the show itself or the next ep preview. So he's definitely gonna be playing a role later.
Mfw he does the job but not in the way we expected.

Imma steal this from Reddit: Damn, Bulma and Trunks must make life at home hell for Geets. Every time he thinks of them, he blows himself the **** up.

What the ****. How does that even work lmao. The whole point of that move is the result.
:061:
He played the Tenkaichi games and realized he can pull that without completely depleting his HP.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I KNEW IT! All Vegeta had to do was think about Bulma and Trunks. He can't lose now that he has something to fight for damn it! Yeah, R.I.P 17 I guess. But the guy put in a lot of work. Give him his boat, so he can ride it for 7 years straight. Frieza may or may not still scum it out to the very end.

I think Jiren was disappointed Toppo had abandoned justice, yet nothing came of it. Even though Toppo and Dyspo are cooler than Jiren, they basically did nothing thanks to Gohan, Frieza and especially Vegeta! Now all we need is Goku to finish off Jiren and wait 9 months for the movie to come out. After that, I hope DB continues, because I've been liking that they have used more of the cast recently.

Basically, each Saiyan played a part in taking down a Pride Trooper.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Will you watch the superbowl though? Just kidding :troll:
Yeah, I am an introvert. I feel like the odd one out about not caring for any sports broadcasts at all. Almost everyone else I know well does.
Uhh... bud, what is the correlation between the two?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I remember seeing a story about scientists putting spiders on drugs and seeing how that affected the patterns produced when making spider webs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom