• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What have you done?
Ah, yes, this dark side of Wii U.

I don't know how Ninja Pig Studios thought two **** quality meme-fest games would go well. Funny both only lasted on the eShop for only a couple days (but not surprising).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
-sigh-

I think its fairly obvious that a lot of creative liberty is taken with the characters in Smash...

Look at Olimar, look at Bowser, look at Mewtwo whos actually heavier than most of the cast...

Point being, its not that Ridley is too big, bottom line is Sakurai is unwilling to take those creative liberties with Ridley as a character for Smash (for understandable reasons I must admit) but that also doesn't Sakurai can't change his mind about it (not saying whether or not he will just saying that its possible)...

People try to take things too objectively rather than looking at things with a more open mind...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My first posts on this site.....I'd rather not look back at them lol.

I was a lot more naive and overly-sensitive back then. Looking back, I would say this applies to at least my entire first year on the site, really.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think my first post was saying that Muddy Mole would be a great character in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I don't talk too much in real life, but I post a lot on the Internet. Whether it is on YouTube, DeviantArt (I know), this site or anything else, I simply happen to have some leeway when it comes to communication on the web.

In retrospect, I feel that my first posts on the site, as well as those ranging from October 2015 to 2016, pale in comparison with my latest ones in quality. I used to post for the sake of posting early on, as particularly noticed by what happened in the fifth 3DS/Wii U social thread where Hylian came in, and told everyone to stop posting like that, and this said trend peaked its highest point when I got my gifted Premium membership, because I chose to post numbers on a thread over there in the Disco Room. I used to post in most 3DS/Wii U social threads, created the Dr. Mario character social thread for 3DS/Wii U (but then I gave it away to Bedoop) and posted a lot on the Disco Room's threads, which felt refreshing for a while.

In April 2016, I chose to stop using emoticons altogether in the site, and now barely use them everywhere else. Perhaps it just so happens that as you grow older, you'd rather want to type in like a more civilized person. And of course, for some reason, I chose to cater to what I do best later on-- drawing and playing games instead of using a dull, dead TV character as an avatar on here that's not worth doing so, because that got old really quick and I have better things to do. By the end of the year, I saw the light and changed the way how I perceive things, which further led me to want to be really me instead of faking stuff up.

I don't post that much anymore since last year. I figure forums are outdated and are a thing of the past for the most part, but since I have an account in here, I don't mind checking in every once in a while. I wouldn't say something like Twitter is the best replacement for this site, as I feel there are several faults with that. Using Discord is alright, but I feel I like the general, non-gamey design Skype has better, even though I've talked about how boring Skype became for me. But since most people have now hopped in to the former, I have no choice but to use it instead. Which is kind of interesting, because I joined in much earlier than most and left my Discord account dormant for almost a year.

A bit of a wall of text, yeah. Some servers on Discord would see this and find it unnecessary, but I'm posting on a forum site anyways. But yes, I feel like my ways of posting have evolved since I joined.

D

Deleted member

My post was in the Smash Brothers for Wii U Third Tier List ( Not the Analysis , talking about the tier list thread ). I think my other posts are deep in the Competitive V3 Analysis. Ah good times, when someone ( not going to say the name ) called me drunk for making a tier list in the Analysis thread ( which is banned, but I was not warned because I was new ). :laugh:

Ivander

Smash Legend
To think this is how a former mod started...
Don't we all start out stupid when we go onto a forum for the very first time? I remember my first time....:skull:

That being said, I really can't remember my first post here. Or at least, I don't know where it find it as I can't find it in "My Content".

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Don't we all start out stupid when we go onto a forum for the very first time? I remember my first time....:skull:

That being said, I really can't remember my first post here. Or at least, I don't know where it find it as I can't find it in "My Content".
I'm honestly too scared to look for it.

I'd have to go through over 50k posts...

D

Deleted member

Just bought Bayonnaise 1 & 2. :4bayonetta: It's pretty cool that it only takes a fraction of a second for the games to pop up onto the Switch when you purchase them from nintendo.com.

Also, why is the Switch still only allowing 170 characters when posting screenshots onto Twitter? :glare:
Yeah. I saw a video from NCL showcasing how you can order a title digitally from the website (Mario Odyssey being listed as an example) and how fast it'd show up on the system. Also, the good old January 2015 eShop theme. Very good.

And for the latter, it's-a Nintendo. Nothing can be-a done about it. Mamma mia! If you remove the game name hashtag and "#NintendoSwitch" there's (obviously) some room to post a few more words.

If you notice any grammatic mistakes, that's just being me being lazy with the keyboard at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
-sigh-

I think its fairly obvious that a lot of creative liberty is taken with the characters in Smash...

Look at Olimar, look at Bowser, look at Mewtwo whos actually heavier than most of the cast...

Point being, its not that Ridley is too big, bottom line is Sakurai is unwilling to take those creative liberties with Ridley as a character for Smash (for understandable reasons I must admit) but that also doesn't Sakurai can't change his mind about it (not saying whether or not he will just saying that its possible)...

People try to take things too objectively rather than looking at things with a more open mind...
I would find it easier to take creative liberty in shrinking Ridley to be playable if Samus wasn't already there. Aside from the first Metroid being some early installment weirdness, he's always towering over Samus. Since Samus is already one of the taller smashers, keeping him true to his character while making him playable in Smash seems weird.

That being said, if Sakurai or someone else was to introduce a shrunk down playable Ridley, I could still see myself warming up to it. It's a new playable character after all and I don't dislike Ridley.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
To think this is how a former mod started...
Meh, Muddy Mole is pretty tame compared to the kinds of things I've seen people ask to have in Smash.

AFAIK in Smash speculation anything goes, unless it's a Sonic character in which case it's somehow offensive.

As a tradeoff, every character already in Smash is requested to be cut and replaced with progressively more obscure and confusing ones.

. . .The more I think about speculation culture, the less it makes sense.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Meh, Muddy Mole is pretty tame compared to the kinds of things I've seen people ask to have in Smash.

AFAIK in Smash speculation anything goes, unless it's a Sonic character in which case it's somehow offensive.

As a tradeoff, every character already in Smash is requested to be cut and replaced with progressively more obscure and confusing ones.

. . .The more I think about speculation culture, the less it makes sense.
This is because people have strong biases.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oldest post I can find on the site is me arguing against changing "clone" characters just for the sake of it.

Could be worse, I suppose.

D

Deleted member

-sigh-

"Look at Olimar".

Already covered that. His entire universe is scaled up proportionally, not just him.

"Look at Bowser".

...what about Bowser? He's a size-shifter in canon, and didn't really start showing up as a hulking figure in boss fights on a regular basis until AFTER his Smash debut.

"Look at Mewtwo, whos actually heavier than most of the cast"

Weight in Smash =/= actual weight.
Weight in Smash refers to knockback resistance, which Mewtwo has less of because it's using telekinesis on itself on a regular basis to levitate.

EDIT:
And you're right. It isn't just because Ridley is "too big". It's because Ridley's design doesn't work very well when scaled down, too. Not without drastic alterations that no other character has had to have thus far JUST to be playable.

So I say again, if Ridley's going to have a chance, a newer workable design within the Metroid series has to come first.

D

Deleted member

Especially Sakurai.

**** that guy for including X character over Y. *rolls eyes*
Exactly. You stated the Smash community perfectly as the Unicorn stated.
Sakurai is my hero. Enough said, people should stop complaining about his choices. He did make Smash Brothers. Man the Smash community can be really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom