• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I loved The Force Awakens when it came out. I still love it, even now when so many have turned against it. I think it's a fine addition to the collection. But The Last Jedi just pisses me off. Rian Johnson doesn't understand character in the slightest. He just engineers things he wants the characters to do, and then railroads the characters down that path kicking and screaming.

Rey. Re-watch TFA and you'll notice something. Not once does Rey say she doesn't know who her parents are. We, the audience, don't know who her parents are, but Rey never gives any indication she doesn't. She can clearly remember them leaving her when she was a child, and she's waiting for them to come back. Her character arc in TFA is about letting go of the past and moving forward.

But come TLJ, all she can do is dwell on the past, on her mysterious parents who she suddenly doesn't know. Until partway through the film when Kylo tells them they're dead nobodies, and then Rey repeats her arc from TFA. She should have already been at that point at the beginning of the film, but it takes until the end, after she's already left Luke, for her to finally accept that she needs to move on. Her arc is wasted.

Finn. In TFA, he's a stormtrooper, abducted and brainwashed as a child to fight for a cause he doesn't believe in. His first experience with battle is so traumatic he flees the First Order at great risk to himself, and then when he meets Rey, he lies to her about who he is, because he's scared she'll either judge him or not help him. When they get to Takodana, he jumps ship at the first opportunity, signing up with a ship that's about to leave. He'a a selfish coward. His arc completes itself when he chooses to come back to help Rey, and then later chooses to infiltrate Starkiller Base to save her and help the Resistance.

But come TLJ, just like Rey, he's reverted back to how he was at the beginning of TFA. He's a coward, he's out for his own head, and he has little desire to help the Resistance in their fight. In fact, he has to be lectured on how child slavery is bad by Rose. The ex-Child Soldier has to be told Child Slaves are bad by the girl who's never seen a battle in her life. Yadda yadda yadda, pointless animal racing and Phasma slaying side quests, and by the end of the film Finn is once again ready to put himself in harms way to help the Resistance.

Kylo. His arc in TFA is much simpler. He's bad, but not all bad, he's conflicted, maybe he turn back to the light side. But then he kills his father, and "completes" his training. He's Team Evil now, ready to destroy the universe and be a compelling villain.

In TLJ, he, too, reverts back to the troubled, conflicted state he was at the beginning of TFA. He hesitates and ultimately fails to fire on his mother's ship. Rey still thinks there's good in him, and she goes to meet him. She tries to pull him back to the light, but then he murders Snoke and once again goes full Team Irredeemable Evil, ready to destroy the universe.

It's absolutely infuriating to see that Rian was so creatively bankrupt that he couldn't develop the characters past where they were at the end of TFA, instead reverting every last one of them back to their original status quo only to tell the same story with them a second time.
He just want off the rails in general, he did not use anything JJ set up and he clearly does not understand Star Wars if he characterized Luke that way. Oh, and I used to defend that Rey was not a Mary Sue, I changed my mind after watching that garbage. They definitely confirmed most people's initial impression. He added his own OC to be a romantic love interest... Come on. Ridiculous that people defend this... And I enjoyed the prequels.

D

Deleted member

Pizza and pineapple, never tried it before. I heard about it when I was young though.
Looks pretty cool though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Morbi

Scavenger
Pizza and pineapple, never tried it before. I heard about it when I was young though.
Looks pretty cool though.
I bet that most people have never tried it. It is just a meme to hate on it. I hate oven-baked pizzas, or I used to, once I decided to try pineapple pizza from the frozen food section, I figured out that it was serviceable. Realistically, that is not what you want though. You have to go to a genuine pizza restaurant... Or just stick with a chain, whatever, the godlike flavor will always carry it. Think about it, someone said that separately they are great. Well, there is the truth. Combining them changes nothing. You just have to try it for yourself to see through the propaganda.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
, then I'll gladly be the dumbest person alive.
Might have to sig this.

I loved The Force Awakens when it came out. I still love it, even now when so many have turned against it. I think it's a fine addition to the collection. But The Last Jedi just pisses me off. Rian Johnson doesn't understand character in the slightest. He just engineers things he wants the characters to do, and then railroads the characters down that path kicking and screaming.

Rey. Re-watch TFA and you'll notice something. Not once does Rey say she doesn't know who her parents are. We, the audience, don't know who her parents are, but Rey never gives any indication she doesn't. She can clearly remember them leaving her when she was a child, and she's waiting for them to come back. Her character arc in TFA is about letting go of the past and moving forward.

But come TLJ, all she can do is dwell on the past, on her mysterious parents who she suddenly doesn't know. Until partway through the film when Kylo tells them they're dead nobodies, and then Rey repeats her arc from TFA. She should have already been at that point at the beginning of the film, but it takes until the end, after she's already left Luke, for her to finally accept that she needs to move on. Her arc is wasted.

Finn. In TFA, he's a stormtrooper, abducted and brainwashed as a child to fight for a cause he doesn't believe in. His first experience with battle is so traumatic he flees the First Order at great risk to himself, and then when he meets Rey, he lies to her about who he is, because he's scared she'll either judge him or not help him. When they get to Takodana, he jumps ship at the first opportunity, signing up with a ship that's about to leave. He'a a selfish coward. His arc completes itself when he chooses to come back to help Rey, and then later chooses to infiltrate Starkiller Base to save her and help the Resistance.

But come TLJ, just like Rey, he's reverted back to how he was at the beginning of TFA. He's a coward, he's out for his own head, and he has little desire to help the Resistance in their fight. In fact, he has to be lectured on how child slavery is bad by Rose. The ex-Child Soldier has to be told Child Slaves are bad by the girl who's never seen a battle in her life. Yadda yadda yadda, pointless animal racing and Phasma slaying side quests, and by the end of the film Finn is once again ready to put himself in harms way to help the Resistance.

Kylo. His arc in TFA is much simpler. He's bad, but not all bad, he's conflicted, maybe he turn back to the light side. But then he kills his father, and "completes" his training. He's Team Evil now, ready to destroy the universe and be a compelling villain.

In TLJ, he, too, reverts back to the troubled, conflicted state he was at the beginning of TFA. He hesitates and ultimately fails to fire on his mother's ship. Rey still thinks there's good in him, and she goes to meet him. She tries to pull him back to the light, but then he murders Snoke and once again goes full Team Irredeemable Evil, ready to destroy the universe.

It's absolutely infuriating to see that Rian was so creatively bankrupt that he couldn't develop the characters past where they were at the end of TFA, instead reverting every last one of them back to their original status quo only to tell the same story with them a second time.
Ya know... I couldn't put it in to words before, but this perfectly sums up my thoughts on TLJ. Granted, I still liked the movie and thought it was still enjoyable (flaws in writing tend to annoy me less than others), but yeah I agree with everything here.

I'm real curious as to what you thought of Luke's portrayal and Rose in general. Those were some of the most contested parts of the movie.

D

Deleted member

People in this thread arguing that Pizza and Pineapple is really good and a lot of people in this thread arguing that Pineapple and Pizza is a sin and I am like:
Scout.PNG

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't you ****ing dare bring that garbage up again.

I don't know what you expected

If being smart means liking pineapple on pizza, then I'll gladly be the dumbest person alive.
I did not expect ****. I just enjoy the flavor. Look, back then, I did not drink water. Terribly unhealthy. I just drank juice, milk, and soda. We had none in the house and I was thirsty. There were liquids. After how delicious it was, I continued. Just two nights ago, I drank an entire bottle of lemon and holy **** did it hurt. But it was worth it.

I actually asked a person "Did you actually eat Pineapple pizza?" And they said "No I didnt".":031:then, like, how the hell would you know"
I am not surprised.

Morbi

Scavenger
I’ve had pineapple pizza before many times and it’s just wrong..
Anytime one of the homies would come over and we had pizza, I would ask them to sample some of the product, and every single time, they were all like, "no it's just wrong" until they actually tried it. The ones that said they tried it before, well, I told them to try it again and be honest. They backed down. Why? Because memes influenced their opinion and they realized that simply adding pineapple to a pizza did not magically make it disgusting. Or they were just being polite. Regardless, it does not matter, I could care less if you are missing out on the nectar of the gods. I am glad, in fact. Sheep do not deserve to know love.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've had pineapple on pizza and its always been amazing.

Honestly my favorite kind of pizza.

D

Deleted member

Me to all of you:
Arguing.gif

Can we all accept the fact that everyone has their separate opinions? It is their opinion.
No need to get too heated here.

Morbi

Scavenger
lemon? Like Lemon Juice? Man, how did you do that, i cant even suck on a lemon and not have my face go into itself
I always enjoyed sour candy, but it was too pussified for me. Warheads are great... For a couple of seconds until they get sweet to cater to the masses. I need something that remained sour. Lemons. I can eat a whole lemon. It is like an orange, but sour. It is just a preference, I suppose. I once sucked on one too many sweet tart things (I cannot remember the name) and the acid burned a hole in my tongue. I actually could not taste anything regularly for a week.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Anytime one of the homies would come over and we had pizza, I would ask them to sample some of the product, and every single time, they were all like, "no it's just wrong" until they actually tried it. The ones that said they tried it before, well, I told them to try it again and be honest. They backed down. Why? Because memes influenced their opinion and they realized that simply adding pineapple to a pizza did not magically make it disgusting. Or they were just being polite. Regardless, it does not matter, I could care less if you are missing out on the nectar of the gods. I am glad, in fact. Sheep do not deserve to know love.
I’ve hated pineapple pizza for 20 years.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's pretty amusing whenever the thread gets into a topic about pineapple pizza. Heck, I think in every Nintenzone topic, there's always at least one or two discussions about pineapple pizza. It's just an amusing topic to me in general, since I don't really care and just find it amusing to see people get so heated up.

Regardless, seeing people argue about it makes me think about that one image of Jesus with the Pharisees, with Jesus telling them the "truth" and the one Pharisee going, "Shut up!" :laugh:

D

Deleted member

It's amazing how much herectics(pineappleXpizza shippers) will try to reason that the enlightened ones(anti-pineappleXpizza shippers) have reached the truth because they never ate it. I've eaten it. It's ****ing disgusting.
It's pretty amusing whenever the thread gets into a topic about pineapple pizza. Heck, I think in every Nintenzone topic, there's always at least one or two discussions about pineapple pizza. It's just an amusing topic to me in general, since I don't really care and just find it amusing to see people get so heated up.

Regardless, seeing people argue about it makes me think about that one image of Jesus with the Pharisees, with Jesus telling them the "truth" and the one Pharisee going, "Shut up!" :laugh:
Me: "Pineapple on pizza sucks ass"
Those herectics:
05903a89-2155-4258-8923-b3dc33573eeb.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh please, if I remember, you said you never even touched pizza before
Oh I have. Not that I need to when it is filled with tomato and cheese
Gwen, go back to watching kamen rider we don't need you to be super wrong.
**** you you're just jealous my main character plays with dolls in a heated drama between two men

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
i have half a mind to ask anyone who hates Pineapple pizza did they actually eat it and if they didnt, they are just saying it to mem
I've had it and I still would consider it one of my least favorite topping to put on a pizza. I just found the flavor really... jarring to say the least, and not in a good way.

So yes, I still would consider it a crime against humanity. I know it's my opinion, but I'm right. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here is what I am going to make this other part.
This is about the dictator's daughter.

She is one of the smartest people in her planet, she is very attractive. If she entered a beauty conest, she would be number one. MY STORY IS ANIME STYLE. She also has big breasts, but never wears revealing suits. She only wears a fancy suit and a tie, as she likes to dress modest and formal instead of in a bikini. She falls in love with the protagonist, who is your average guy.

The daughter is supposed to marry what the dictator chooses. The dictator will not chose a pheasant, but our protagonist is.

How is it going so far?

Also....
YES!!!!!!!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... question...

What other toppings were on the pineapple pizza? Because just slapping pineapple on pepperoni or something is gross.

With Canadian Bacon or chicken, the flavors compliment each other and taste great.

Morbi

Scavenger
And I bet you will hate it for another 40-50 years until you begin to get old and reflect on the past. You will try it once more, after a lifetime of ignorance, because, why not? You do not have much time left. Old people are more open-minded than us young and fresh kiddos. After you try it and realize that you wasted your entire life eating bad pizza, hit me up and I will definitely send my condolences... and laugh at you.

I've had it and I still would consider it one of my least favorite topping to put on a pizza. I just found the flavor really... jarring to say the least, and not in a good way.

So yes, I still would consider it a crime against humanity. I know it's my opinion, but I'm right. :)
Humanity deserves crimes to be committed against us. Thank you Pineapple Pizza, our Savior.

Heated up... Like a freshly baked Pineapple Pizza? It is funny how desperate they are to try and convince more people about how terrible it is. I suspect it is because they are closeted pineapple fans. They just want more pineapple pizza for themselves and to feel special for enjoying what should be a universally appealing food. Assholes.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So... question...

What other toppings were on the pineapple pizza? Because just slapping pineapple on pepperoni or something is gross.

With Canadian Bacon or chicken, the flavors compliment each other and taste great.
The only good topping is margarita.

And before any of you say it isn't a topping, that's my point :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And I bet you will hate it for another 40-50 years until you begin to get old and reflect on the past. You will try it once more, after a lifetime of ignorance, because, why not? You do not have much time left. Old people are more open-minded than us young and fresh kiddos. After you try it and realize that you wasted your entire life eating bad pizza, hit me up and I will definitely send my condolences... and laugh at you.

Humanity deserves crimes to be committed against us. Thank you Pineapple Pizza, our Savior.

Heated up... Like a freshly baked Pineapple Pizza? It is funny how desperate they are to try and convince more people about how terrible it is. I suspect it is because they are closeted pineapple fans. They just want more pineapple pizza for themselves and to feel special for enjoying what should be a universally appealing food. ********.
Old people are way more stubborn though. Also i had pineapple pizza like last month and didn’t like it still

D

Deleted member

Topping 3 Pizza(ha, get it?):
  1. Chicken with catupiry
  2. Pepperoni with onions
  3. Margherita
This is the truth and no one can deny it.
Oh I have. Not that I need to when it is filled with tomato and cheese

**** you you're just jealous my main character plays with dolls in a heated drama between two men
Gwen, if I were ever gonna envy something you have it would most definitely not be the toy commercials
She is one of the smartest people in her planet, she is very attractive. If she entered a beauty conest, she would be number one. MY STORY IS ANIME STYLE. She also has big breasts, but never wears revealing suits. She only wears a fancy suit and a tie, as she likes to dress modest and formal instead of in a bikini. She falls in love with the protagonist, who is your average guy.
Ok, Shiny, we need to talk.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just don't agree with putting fruit of any kind on a pizza.

I'm a meat lovers sort of guy. Or supreme.
I feel the same about vegetables. No idea what the obsession is with that nonsense. I put pineapple on my meat lovers pizza, it is about that accent flavor, fam.

Old people are way more stubborn though. Also i had pineapple pizza like last month and didn’t like it still
Yet you keep crawling back and groveling before pineapple pizza. You will be back in another month. "I do not like it" you will say as you shove a third piece into your mouth. The month after that... "I do not want pineapple pizza" you say, as you just finished ordering a large extra pineapple pizza. Yeah, yeah, okay, we get it. You do not enjoy pineapple pizza. ;)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I always enjoyed sour candy, but it was too pussified for me. Warheads are great... For a couple of seconds until they get sweet to cater to the masses. I need something that remained sour. Lemons. I can eat a whole lemon. It is like an orange, but sour. It is just a preference, I suppose. I once sucked on one too many sweet tart things (I cannot remember the name) and the acid burned a hole in my tongue. I actually could not taste anything regularly for a week.
Id **** with sour candy for sure but I couldnt drink raw lemon juice, Imma coward lol
Me to all of you:
View attachment 141345
Can we all accept the fact that everyone has their separate opinions? It is their opinion.
No need to get too heated here.
I dont care if they hate it, its the fact they hate it without even trying it first *shrug*
Im one of those guys that says ,try it before saying you dont like it"
At leaste you ate it first pff

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel the same about vegetables. No idea what the obsession is with that nonsense. I put pineapple on my meat lovers pizza, it is about that accent flavor, fam.

Yet you keep crawling back and groveling before pineapple pizza. You will be back in another month. "I do not like it" you will say as you shove a third piece into your mouth. The month after that... "I do not want pineapple pizza" you say, as you just finished ordering a large extra pineapple pizza. Yeah, yeah, okay, we get it. You do not enjoy pineapple pizza. ;)
All we had left was pineapple pizza, I took a bite of it and then scraped the pineapple off it when I realized it had pineapple.

Morbi

Scavenger
All we had left was pineapple pizza, I took a bite of it and then scraped the pineapple off it when I realized it had pineapple.
It sounds as though someone in your family is attractive, intelligent, healthy and overall a kind humanitarian. You should strive to be more like the person who ordered the pineapple pizza, if you ask me. Great life advice.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If I want accent, then I'll date a Scottish lady.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom