• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Rose is just a really poorly written character, in that she doesn't need to be in the film. She doesn't add anything to it. She's there to give Finn a reason to learn the things he'd already learned in the last film. "We fight to save what we love" is the prime example of that. The primary motivation for Finn abandoning the Resistance in the movie is to save Rey, and at the end of the film, he's perfectly willing to give his own life to save the Resistance. She's just there to spell it out for the dumb people in the audience. And my single biggest gripe in the movie is how she's the one who points out the suffering on Canto Blight, completely ignoring the fact that Finn was the one who was kidnapped as a child and brainwashed into being a Space Nazi. Like, yeah, Rose, Finn knows the universe isn't fair more than most people.

As for Luke, there are parts I like, parts I don't. Some people take umbrage with Luke snapping and almost murdering his nephew. I don't. That's always been part of Luke's character. He has a spark of his old man's darkness in him. One of the best moments of the OT is when Luke goes ballistic on Vader during their duel in ROTJ, only to stop when he realizes he's not very different from Vader after all.

I'm less fond of him completely writing Kylo off after he turns. That's completely out of line with Luke in the OT, who wouldn't listen to Obi-Wan, Yoda or Vader himself telling him Vader was beyond saving. That could have been handled way better, and it wouldn't even need that big of a change. All they had to do was say Luke already tried to turn Kylo back to the light, and failed. At least then he'd feel more like his old self.

Similarly, shutting himself off from the Force just feels wrong for so many reasons, but the chief reason being Luke cares for his friends. He disobeyed Yoda and took off for Cloud City on basically a hunch that his friends were in danger. He's the kind of guy who'd walk into Jabba's palace unarmed and with no real plan, just to save his friends. If Kylo is beyond saving, that's one thing, but he'd never abandon Han and Leia to their fight against the First Order. And even if he DID feel the need to exile himself out of guilt and stay out of the fight, he still wouldn't shut himself off from being able to watch over Han and Leia in case they really needed him.

And the whole Luke dying thing. I don't hate Luke dying on principle. I fully expected to have to watch him die before TFA even came out. I just hate the WAY they executed it. Luke goes to Crait, he fights the First Order, and then he's killed by Kylo. Oh, no! But, wait, just kidding, Luke was just astral projecting and he's still alive. Hurray! Oh, but astral projecting also killed him.

I can't be the only one who had the gravity of his death stripped away by the double fake-out.

And Rian, man, explain to me one thing, please. Why is Luke using the blue lightsaber in the Crait battle? A.) We watched the blue lightsaber get destroyed like half an hour ago. Kylo watched the blue lightsaber get destroyed half an hour ago. B.) Luke hasn't used that lightsaber in decades. Decades! Why would he feel the need to project himself using it? He has a perfectly good green lightsaber! I was waiting for that green lightsaber allllll film, and all you do is tease me with it when Luke tries to murder Ben in his sleep? Why?? Why can't you give me this ONE thing??
Interesting. Again, I agree with a lot of this.

What about the bit with Poe?

That was a mess in my eyes.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Interesting. Again, I agree with a lot of this.

What about the bit with Poe?

That was a mess in my eyes.
Poe was handed the idiot ball, but he was basically a non-character in TFA. He's absent for the entire middle of the film and has no character arc, so I'm overall less annoyed by his plot in TLJ, just because at the very least it's not a retread of what happened in TFA.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
if ya don't think i got a sweet tooth ya haven't seen me inhale some of konnies home made sweets then~

but ya everyones got their own taste of what they like and what they don't like

for the life of me i can't stand anything spicy
Spicy is like...my other lifeblood, after caffeine.

I like it hot. Maybe not Carolina Reaper hot, but respectably toasty.

i have half a mind to ask anyone who hates Pineapple pizza did they actually eat it and if they didnt, they are just saying it to meme
I have not.

I did in fact just say it to meme.

I knew full well that I had some errands to run, and all I had to do was say "pineapples" and "pizza" in the same sentence and y'all would be on that train for a while.

smug_kamui_small.png

Misshun comprete. :foxmelee:

Its okay man, you just need to admit you have a problem, we all do. Its a typo problem, we all have it, just not as bad @Zeb~ :troll:
Find one of mine and get back with me.

Here is a modified version of my plan.
This is about the dictator's daughter.

She is one of the smartest people in her planet, she is very attractive. If she entered a beauty contest, she would be number one. MY STORY IS ANIME STYLE. She also has big breasts, but never wears revealing suits. She only wears a fancy suit and a tie, as she likes to dress modest and formal instead of in a bikini. She falls in love with the protagonist, who is your average guy. Also the dictator's daughter is one of the nicest people in the world. She is nice and very caring, and selfless. Though the dictator's daughter is not perfect. She has flaws.

The daughter is supposed to marry what the dictator chooses. The dictator will not choose a pheasant, but our protagonist is a pheasant according to the dictator.

Can you all tell me how you feel about it please?
Cute girl in a suit and tie. I'm on board.

Would advise working out specifics on the flaws and coming up with justification for their existence. Bonus points if her strengths also tie back into it.

And remember, this is worldbuilding, but in the story itself learn this mantra well: show, don't tell.

Also the word you're looking for is "peasant," but like Coricus Coricus noted that typo is an awesome accident.

Amibos are really strong.
Amiibos cheat. Their AI at Lv50 is a slightly adjusted version of the Lv9 CPU, input reads and all.

Was still a fun concept. Wouldn't object to it returning in an expanded way for Switch, but they really gotta make that AI more unique somehow.

I mean a peasent, not a bird. :lol:
Still a typo.

Bird's still probably better.

Poe was handed the idiot ball, but he was basically a non-character in TFA. He's absent for the entire middle of the film and has no character arc, so I'm overall less annoyed by his plot in TLJ, just because at the very least it's not a retread of what happened in TFA.
His opening comm with the destroyer was by far my favorite part of the movie.

Also while I've little to add, just wanted to say, digging the analysis. You raise a lot of good points.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I feel like people are sleeping on the fact that we have a literal 14 year old girl in Smash now.

D

Deleted member

Would have preferred Star Allies or Smash Bros. Wii U, but my siblings wanted me to play Mario Sports Mix with them.
So I did.
I have not played Mario Sports Mix in years, and it was 3 v 3 Dodgeball as usual.
I was Waluigi and my partner was Ninja and if no player was on my team, Cactaur.
I chose Waluigi for the lols.

Also in the last round, we almost lost, but I came in clutch.

I used to be really good at Mario Sports Mix, but I am not that good anymore.

I just prefer other games. I have to say, I had fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sorry, missed one:
i cant even suck on a lemon and not have my face go into itself

I feel like people are sleeping on the fact that we have a literal 14 year old girl in Smash now.
I feel like you snuck octopus **** under the radar.

Well done.

Also valid point but I'm not convinced Ninty's sass game could do it justice.

D

Deleted member

Cute girl in a suit and tie. I'm on board.

Would advise working out specifics on the flaws and coming up with justification for their existence. Bonus points if her strengths also tie back into it.

And remember, this is worldbuilding, but in the story itself learn this mantra well: show, don't tell.

Also the word you're looking for is "peasant," but like Coricus Coricus noted that typo is an awesome accident.
Yes, I am aware of that typo. I meant "peasant", not a type of bird.

Her existence is to help out the protagonist and tell her about stuff. She is also smart. She is like an important helper.

Also, do not worry. She is going to be modest and always wears a suit and tie. There is going to be no "bikini" stuff.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess my final question would be, what did you think of Leia?

D

Deleted member

Well if you guys do not know, I played a game that my siblings wanted to play with me. It was a new experience, it felt good.

Also....
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not know why I did not show this to you hours earlier, but you all probably know.
If she wasn't modest I would of assumed she was a lesbian.

That's not out of the question however.
Wha....uh....???
I really do not like that image at all. It is not unsettling or scary.... it just makes me unsatisfied.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Her existence is to help out the protagonist and tell her about stuff. She is also smart. She is like an important helper.

Also, do not worry. She is going to be modest and always wears a suit and tie. There is going to be no "bikini" stuff.
It's the former I'm worried about, not the latter.

I don't care about a realized human being, even if they're in a bikini. I'm concerned about expository furniture, even if it dresses modestly.

Don't focus on what your character looks like or wears. Focus on who they are.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I guess my final question would be, what did you think of Leia?
Screw the haters, Leia finally using the Force in a big way was awesome. It's just too bad we won't get to see that thread carry forward.

D

Deleted member

It's the former I'm worried about, not the latter.

I don't care about a realized human being, even if they're in a bikini. I'm concerned about expository furniture, even if it dresses modestly.

Don't focus on what your character looks like or wears. Focus on who they are.
Ahh.... I get it.
I will.
She is a really nice / cute character who is very smart and helps the protagonist, but she has flaws.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Nobody scolded me so I guess its night time.

Yee.
I saw sass.

I ain't calling out sass, I got other things to be hypocritical about.

Ahh.... I get it.
I will.
She is a really nice / cute character who is very smart and helps the protagonist, but she has flaws.
Good start.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Screw the haters, Leia finally using the Force in a big way was awesome. It's just too bad we won't get to see that thread carry forward.
I agree. I'm glad Leia is using the force and I'm surprised she didn't use it sooner.

I will admit, that the way the movie did it was a bit of an ass pull.

Love the concept, not the execution, ya know?

D

Deleted member

If she wasn't modest I would of assumed she was a lesbian.

That's not out of the question however.
I have no idea what this was meant to be and I do not care because the way you worded it just makes me want to punch your face.

This is a message from your trusted "I'm tired from making useless callout posts" Shishœ. For more information, please check our official page.
you enter a room with 2 exits a small fire and 3 goblins eating their dinner, they have not noticed you yet,
roll for stealth
Uhm, ****, I didn't expect you to still be here.
So, uhm, *roll*(?)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
One of my biggest issues with the state of the Star Wars fandom is the way people misunderstand the way the Force works.

Allow me to explain.

Rey gets called a Mary Sue fairly often because of how fast she learned to use the Force, how she could use the mind tricks and the telekinesis with no training, etc.

And that bugs me, because her abilities are 100% in line with the way the Force is portrayed in the Original Trilogy. Over the course of the three movies, Luke receives very little actual training. His first big use of the Force was in helping him aim his missiles to blow up the Death Star. Obi-Wan certainly didn't teach him how to use the Force in that way; the only thing we see Obi-Wan actually teach Luke is how to see without seeing. But Obi-Wan tells Luke to use the Force, and Luke allows the Force to work through him, and he successfully makes the shot.

Fast forward a couple years, and Luke is stuck upside down in a Wampa cave. And what does he do? He pulls his lightsaber out of the snow and up into his hand, using telekinesis, an ability he has no reason to believe is even something the Force can do. Obi-Wan never uses the technique in front of him, and certainly never teaches it to him. Luke trusts in the Force, and through it he can accomplish the impossible.

When Luke finally arrives on Dagohbah and meets Yoda, this lesson is taught to him again, only more explicitly. "Do, or do not. There is no try." All you have to do to use the Force is believe that you can. When Luke is unable to lift his X-Wing out of the mud, Yoda is disappointed. There is NOTHING different about lifting a stone or lifting a giant ship. Through the Force, all things are possible. "I don't believe it," Luke says. "That is why you fail," replies Yoda.

Which brings us to Rey. She's heard the stories. The legends. She knows all about Luke Skywalker, but she "thought he was just a myth." Then she meets Han Solo, and he tells her all the legends are true. Everything she's heard about the Force is real. And just look at her face in this scene. She believes it completely. Later, after she comes face to face with Kylo and sees the Force first hand, she no longer has any reason to doubt its power.

The first time she attempts to mind trick the Stormtrooper, she's still unsure, and it fails. But then she reaffirms her belief, and mind tricks him with ease.

Now, that all being said, I sort of understand why people are annoyed. They've spent almost two decades with the Prequels existing, establishing the Force as this rare ability that takes years and years of one on one training to master, and you can't use Jedi Mind Trick until you reach level 20. But the prequels suck, and the new movies rightfully decided to go with the way the Force was originally conceived.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thanks!

Also I have not watched DHMIS for almost two weeks.... do not know why.
At some point, even the shows you destroy the playback button on eventually don't strike you as urgent enough to rewatch.

It'll live on cherished in your memories, and you'll find something else to be addicted to in time.

D

Deleted member

Well....
As soon as I typed "how anime" I saw a thumbnail with "two giant basketballs".
I liked it a bit.

I think I am ruining myself. :lol:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have no idea what this was meant to be and I do not care because the way you worded it just makes me want to punch your face.
That's unpleasant. Well you can't, because you're on the computer, shoes. Or phone.

I mean you could try but you're gonna smash your screen and I don't recommend smashing your screen, it is innocent to this crime.

Actually I wish you would punch me in the face because I won't feel it and you might break the tooth in the back of my gums.

I'll tell you what I'll send you my address via yahoo and you can drive over, or swim, or whatever the **** and then you can just jab me in the right. I'm totally okay with that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im kinda mad with myself; my bloody high school crush reappeared on my dreams :V

Again... depends...

Also...
@Final Smash Gamer @Malos @Yellowlord @Apollo Justice Mythra Mythra ...
Something funny happened when I was trying to do the Nopon Doubloon and 12 Brothersisterpon searching...
I already got 10 out of 11 Doubloon... guess where was the one I missed?

Argentum...

And who was the last Nopon I didn't find?
Kawawa... in Plains of the Evening Calm....

And Mythra Mythra
Defeated most of the Superbosses:
Gladiator Orion: took 3 tries
Reeking Douglas: took 1 try
Pernicious Benf: took 1 try
Cloud Sea King Men: Haven't get into the foggy weather yet...
Mk. VII Arek: 1 try... but it was pretty hard... or really put up some fight...
Artifice
Ophion
:... 4 tries... and took a really long time to rack its damage down... and do chain attack...
Chickenheart Dagmara: 1 try, this one was pretty easy... a bit too easy for a lv 120 superboss though
Tyrannotitan Kurodil: ??? tries... but beat it ??? times to get the Taychon chip.

Note:
I never use Pneuma...
Haven't level Poppi up to max...
Driver Combos and Chain attacks are your friend... except... when battling against Ophion... Driver Combos are basically useless on it...

And woah... I have completely nearly every Blade's affinity chart... it wouldn't take too long for me to 100% the game.
lul my last Doubloon was the same too.

Anyway
Orion: 5 tries, I needed some Reflect Immunity Aux Cores
Benf: 4 tries, this battle made me realize that Nia was a weak link on my team because I don't need healers anymore
Douglas: 1 try, I was Lv. 91 btw
Giga Squidward: 1 try
Arek: 2 tries, I realized that spamming Double Spinning Edge wasn't enough, so I spammed Double Spinning Edge harder
Chicken****: 1 try while leading with Four. I think both escaped from its bull**** moveset:
This happened to a dude:
1519786074270.jpg

Kurodil: 2 tries
Ophion: 1 try, it survived a Full Burst and I did a clutch Supernova save with Mythra to win.

I activated Pneuma most of the times, but I realized isn't necessary, but I enjoy the obscene Overkills

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Uhm, ****, I didn't expect you to still be here.
So, uhm, *roll*(?)
I shout boo at them, so @Shishœ can sneak past.
the goblins distracted the Cure's shout of boo do not notice you make your way across the room, however you feel your self about to trip onto a unconspicuous coffetable and into their fine china cabnet
roll reflex vs gravity

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I had a crush in high school, and when I asked her out, she told me that she was an atheist.

I'm not kidding- that was her excuse.

Apparently I came off as the religious type, but I'm not religious, mostly. I mean, I'd like to believe that's more after life but I don't want to assume what it actually is, you know?

I told her I wasn't religious and she laughed and walked away. I decided then, as a means to comfort myself, that maybe she wasn't my type, which was bull**** but I managed to fool myself all these years.

I'm actually surprised I remembered this now. Thanks a lot, Mythra Mythra .

D

Deleted member

via yahoo
Eww no thanks, I'll pass
the goblins distracted the Cure's shout of boo do not notice you make your way across the room, however you feel your self about to trip onto a unconspicuous coffetable and into their fine china cabnet
roll reflex vs gravity
Reflex vs gravi-- what?
Ok, fine, I do a jump into a triple flip and land on my feet without making a noise.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
roll reflex vs gravity
Reflex vs gravi-- what?
Ok, fine, I do a jump into a triple flip and land on my feet without making a noise.
avi_peeking_post.png
I shove Shoe into the cabinet and run like little yellow hell.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Give me an idea on how dreamy they are, Mythra.
It felt real, but it wasn't romantic, so my boxers are free of sin stains.
She even played XCX with me lul.

Hopefully, you get your love to love you. :)
lul, I haven't seen her since 2011, we talk on FB from time to time, but I don't have that kind of feelings for her anymore, however she still is a very special person for me.

I had a crush in high school, and when I asked her out, she told me that she was an atheist.

I'm not kidding- that was her excuse.

Apparently I came off as the religious type, but I'm not religious, mostly. I mean, I'd like to believe that's more after life but I don't want to assume what it actually is, you know?

I told her I wasn't religious and she laughed and walked away. I decided then, as a means to comfort myself, that maybe she wasn't my type, which was bull**** but I managed to fool myself all these years.

I'm actually surprised I remembered this now. Thanks a lot, Mythra Mythra .
If that was a bad memory, sorry :p

Ironically the dealbreaker with my HS crush is that she's a Mormon; nothing against them of course, but our conflicting ideologies can ruin any potential stuff.

Still I managed to confess to her in the last day of school. I 200% knew I was getting rejected but I still spent an entire day gathering force from within myself just to say the words, I think that made me grow as a person tbh.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Did I miss anything yet today?

I know Rabbid Peach is now in Just Dance 2018 and her dancing to Beyonce's Naughty Girl is the most amazing thing I have EVER seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom