• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly Reinhardt and Olwen getting variants that barely look any different doesn’t bother me for 2 reasons.

1. I don’t care about Leif’s game cause it’s currently japan only
2. I don’t even play FEH anymore.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
OH LOOK AT THAT S.H FIGUARTS CHOCOLATE GOT REVEALED AS A P-BANDAI EXCLUSIVE HMM

Excuse me, I have some plane tickets to buy.

Yeah, Sony is easily the best company to work for in Game Development. Sony Santa Monica, in particular, treats its employees wonderfully, paying them well above the standard rate and giving them plenty of time off, which allows a team of talented writers, artists and programmers to create such fantastic final products worthy of such high praise.

Oh, wait, you're trying to say the game is awful because you disagree with the premise. Carry on, then.
Well, I'm sure we can all agree a studio paying their employees a good wage, is a good thing.

Bonjour.

Reminder that dragon lolis are one of the best cures against bad mood (closely followed by @rowletbot).
Has someone got that image? You know the one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Straight from the Mashed Potato Samurai's mouth: Don't expect any Super Sand Legends in Smash:
Just play Super Smash Flash 2 or Super Smash Bros. Crusade to get your fix.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Siegfried bois
when's Raphael and Taki

I think the most intersting thing about Siegfried in this game is the fact that Nightmare is also Siegfried in this game, just like SC2 (which didn't have Siegfried as a separate character).

Does that mean we'll actually see Siegfried become Nightmare as the story goes on?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sakurai also said that animal crossing villager wouldn't work in smash, mind you
For completely different reasons.

He thought Villager wouldn't work in Smash because he couldn't think of a moveset for him, iirc. Either that or that he couldn't see something so cutesy fit in a fighting game. Or both. Don't really remember which, but I know it's one of those for sure.

Goku, being from what it basically Fighting People: The Anime, clearly doesn't have the same kind of issue.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And that is anytime. Do you think men being emotional is funny!?
Again... depends...

Also...
@Final Smash Gamer Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @Yellowlord @Apollo Justice @Mythra ...
Something funny happened when I was trying to do the Nopon Doubloon and 12 Brothersisterpon searching...
I already got 10 out of 11 Doubloon... guess where was the one I missed?

Argentum...

And who was the last Nopon I didn't find?
Kawawa... in Plains of the Evening Calm....

And @Mythra
Defeated most of the Superbosses:
Gladiator Orion: took 3 tries
Reeking Douglas: took 1 try
Pernicious Benf: took 1 try
Cloud Sea King Men: Haven't get into the foggy weather yet...
Mk. VII Arek: 1 try... but it was pretty hard... or really put up some fight...
Artifice
Ophion
:... 4 tries... and took a really long time to rack its damage down... and do chain attack...
Chickenheart Dagmara: 1 try, this one was pretty easy... a bit too easy for a lv 120 superboss though
Tyrannotitan Kurodil: ??? tries... but beat it ??? times to get the Taychon chip.

Note:
I never use Pneuma...
Haven't level Poppi up to max...
Driver Combos and Chain attacks are your friend... except... when battling against Ophion... Driver Combos are basically useless on it...

And woah... I have completely nearly every Blade's affinity chart... it wouldn't take too long for me to 100% the game.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For completely different reasons.

He thought Villager wouldn't work in Smash because he couldn't think of a moveset for him, iirc. Either that or that he couldn't see something so cutesy fit in a fighting game. Or both. Don't really remember which, but I know it's one of those for sure.

Goku, being from what it basically Fighting People: The Anime, clearly doesn't have the same kind of issue.
My point is that Sakurai's word is not the word of God. It's not chiseled in stone.

Something isn't going to be in Smash until it is

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Again... depends...

Also...
@Final Smash Gamer Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @Yellowlord @Apollo Justice @Mythra ...
Something funny happened when I was trying to do the Nopon Doubloon and 12 Brothersisterpon searching...
I already got 10 out of 11 Doubloon... guess where was the one I missed?

Argentum...

And who was the last Nopon I didn't find?
Kawawa... in Plains of the Evening Calm....

And @Mythra
Defeated most of the Superbosses:
Gladiator Orion: took 3 tries
Reeking Douglas: took 1 try
Pernicious Benf: took 1 try
Cloud Sea King Men: Haven't get into the foggy weather yet...
Mk. VII Arek: 1 try... but it was pretty hard... or really put up some fight...
Artifice
Ophion
:... 4 tries... and took a really long time to rack its damage down... and do chain attack...
Chickenheart Dagmara: 1 try, this one was pretty easy... a bit too easy for a lv 120 superboss though
Tyrannotitan Kurodil: ??? tries... but beat it ??? times to get the Taychon chip.

Note:
I never use Pneuma...
Haven't level Poppi up to max...
Driver Combos and Chain attacks are your friend... except... when battling against Ophion... Driver Combos are basically useless on it...

And woah... I have completely nearly every Blade's affinity chart... it wouldn't take too long for me to 100% the game.
I still don't get how you can have so much problem on Kurodil. Yet, have little to none on Orion.

Lucky devil, I tell ya.

Also, don't forget the NG+ blades. And the Hidden Affinity chart in NG+ too.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man it’s fun fighting a boss in FEW with a mage character who is 20 levels higher and their health goes down incredibly slowly.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I knew that for a long time.
I said sorry to "Burb", because he might not like when I made that stupid story.
I didn't mind the story at all.

The only part I had an issue with was the little "( I do know that Burb and the Human Disasters are both males but.... Oops. )" footnote that was originally there. @The Human Disaster and I are both openly gay, and I know you know that, because you've given Likes to posts I've made in the past where I explicitly mention that fact.

But you already edited that out of the post, so the only legitimate issue with the post is already fixed at this point. No need for apologies.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I still don't get how you can have so much problem on Kurodil. Yet, have little to none on Orion.

Lucky devil, I tell ya.

Also, don't forget the NG+ blades. And the Hidden Affinity chart in NG+ too.
The explnation is pretty simple...
I wasn't even at lv 99 when set off that Kurodil... not to mention...
I haven't got Blade Nia, and last but not least... master driver Rex.
And facing those super bosses after 450 hours of gameplay... the XC2 battle system which most people who play it for the first time consider difficult... it is easily manageable to me...
And Kurodil's HP is super strong...

About NG+... I saw this video today:
Visual and location spoiler by the way.
Pretty much this video mentioned... I nearly did it all...

And oh yeah... gotta get those stuff to feed that Armu in NG+

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Man it’s fun fighting a boss in FEW with a mage character who is 20 levels higher and their health goes down incredibly slowly.
If you still have Bronze Weapons on them then try going up to Iron or Steel tier weapons instead.
That has a huge effect on the damage dealt. It's also worth swapping to another character and seeing how they fare. Some bosses are stronger against magic than others but they'll then be weaker to physical damage.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If you still have Bronze Weapons on them then try going up to Iron or Steel tier weapons instead.
That has a huge effect on the damage dealt. It's also worth swapping to another character and seeing how they fare. Some bosses are stronger against magic than others but they'll then be weaker to physical damage.

The game refuses to give me the one item I need so Tharja can use better weapons. I ended up swapping to Azura and she took off half his health in 2 hits. :/

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Whoa what a whoa....

Avengers and My Hero Academia has collaboration? Am I dreaming?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think the most intersting thing about Siegfried in this game is the fact that Nightmare is also Siegfried in this game, just like SC2 (which didn't have Siegfried as a separate character).

Does that mean we'll actually see Siegfried become Nightmare as the story goes on?
I will point out that Siegfried was in the original Soul Calibur, alongside Nightmare, who was possessing Siegfried. But that was when clones were more of a thing and Nightmare was a copy from Siegfried. Siegfried also had his own ending and whatnot in Soul Calibur, so it could be a similar situation here.
If they do add parts of Soul Edge/Soul Blade in though, we could see Siegfried become Nightmare. But I'm pretty sure Siegfried is in because he's become just as iconic as Mitsurugi, Ivy and Nightmare, especially his conflict with Nightmare.
Siegfried bois
when's Raphael and Taki

Just give me Talim and Tira already!
If this timeline is anything accurate to the original, Talim is likely 10-12 years old, considering there was a considerable time gap between Soul Calibur 1 and 2. Possibly the same with Tira. Raphael is an interesting case. He's around the adult age span in SC, but he had no reason to go after Soul Edge as he had not met Amy then.
Zasalamel makes sense as one, he can reincarnate and two, he is part of the clan that watches over Soul Calibur, so it would make sense for him to actually be around, even if he was merely watching Soul Edge & Soul Calibur around then rather than trying to get both SE/SC to get rid of his reincarnation. It will be interesting to see him interact with that new character who is also a member of a clan related to Soul Edge/Soul Calibur.

But this is an alternate timeline, so obviously, screw canonicity.

Edit: The other thing I realized about Siegfried is that we could be seeing him wield Soul Edge and killing people. Cause before he was possessed, Soul Edge did convince Siegfried that the way to bring his father back was with getting souls. So Siegfried did kill a bunch of people before Soul Edge eventually possessed him and made him Nightmare.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I didn't mind the story at all.

The only part I had an issue with was the little "( I do know that Burb and the Human Disasters are both males but.... Oops. )" footnote that was originally there. @The Human Disaster and I are both openly gay, and I know you know that, because you've given Likes to posts I've made in the past where I explicitly mention that fact.

But you already edited that out of the post, so the only legitimate issue with the post is already fixed at this point. No need for apologies.
That would imply Shiny actually reads posts before hitting the Like button

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Finally got my Wii U set back up again - a multi-day affair, as I also wanted to get my living room set back up for it. The whole reason I wanted it operating again? I **** you not, UFC Personal Trainer.

Now if you go on Metacritic, they'll politely inform you the game is a buggy, repetitive piece of ****. And it is. It is a buggy, repetitive piece of ****.

It's a buggy, repetitive piece of **** that got me in ****ing phenomenal shape several years ago.

It turns out the routines are solid, even if the detection's not. Fancy that. Used to work up a real sweat with it - although I admit I still couldn't tell you how to throw a proper punch or kick.

Third shift tech support job has me lounging about in front of a laptop at least 8 hours a day, five days a week. I've been lax and limp that whole time. It's hammered my mental acuity, my creativity, and my overall psyche.

Enough is enough. It's time to bring baller Red back.

Preliminary tests show my Wiimotes are in decent enough condition to register what the game's looking for. First easy routine shows it's certainly more difficult than it used to be, but I ain't fragile either.

I sense promise. Wish me godspeed.

I know there's something to be said for Arena bonuses, but other than that I have to ask.

Why is Anna an option out of this set?
Because Anna is apparently a solid character when you build her, plus I like Anna.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Snoke not being explained was so dumb. Rian can go ''Well the Emperor wasn't explained originally" Well, yeah, but the Emperor had the luxury of that. He wasn't suppose to be his name applied all we need to know about him in the original story.

When you plop a highly sensitive force individual in a time where there aren't a lot of Jedi and Sith running around and have him be all powerful and have him turn a Skywalker child like Palpatine before him. You. Have. To. Explain. Him.

You can't just plop someone like that in the landscape of Star Wars as we know it now. Then kill him and go ''Oh well. It was always meant to be this way." Because nah, fam. It doesn't work that way.

Also what happened to the Knights of Ren? Who are they? Where did they come from? Connection to Kylo? Connection Snoke? The sequel trilogy's writing for it's villains all around is just gross.
I agree with you on the villains, while the original trilogy is mostly remembered from Darth Vader, it still handled its other villains in a passible manner. I can't say any of the new trilogy's villains have been that strong.

Snoke, as you said, was a waste and it makes little sense to discard him when A) he pops up out of nowhere and is responsible for all the chaos currently going on, and B) is built up to be this strong Sith lord that has to be overcome. Even if Kylo Ren had designs to overthrow him like his predecessor, he still should've gotten some time to be expanded and fleshed out so that he didn't feel like a complete afterthought when everything was done. Captain Plasma is in the same boat, she feels like she was supposed to be something bigger, but in the end was just another General Grievous for all she accomplished. The Knights of Ren only get alluded to in an offhand statement from Luke (IIRC, he states Kylo took a handful of his students with him), but otherwise were completely ignored in the second movie. Finally, Kylo Ren going in a different direction is appreciated, but even then he still has some notable flaws such as his whiny nature. It's better then what he was and hopefully the next movie continues off the direction, but he's still rather lacking as the new trilogy's Darth Vader.

Right now, the best thing we can hope for is that the Knights of Ren and Kylo Ren himself get a satisfying conclusion since they're the only villains left to carry things, but two movies in it's not looking good for at least the former.

Games I want to play right now
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fire emblem Fates
ARMS

Cant bring Wii U to college, and I would not have brought XCX anyway because I "would never have the time to want to play it"
Fates I didnt bring even though I have a 3DS at college because "I would never want to play that game again"
ARMS I didnt bring even though I have my switch because "It's the only game on Switch I have no desire to ever play again"

Why am I like this
:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom