• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Games I want to play right now
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fire emblem Fates
ARMS

Cant bring Wii U to college, and I would not have brought XCX anyway because I "would never have the time to want to play it"
Fates I didnt bring even though I have a 3DS at college because "I would never want to play that game again"
ARMS I didnt bring even though I have my switch because "It's the only game on Switch I have no desire to ever play again"

Why am I like this
:061:
I get it with XCX... You will hardly have a time to play this game...

Even me playing XC2 on Nintendo Switch is a bit of a time consuming...

Don't really make sense when it comes to Fates and ARMS... You said you want to play those games bit you didn't take them to college lol.

Once I finish XC2 I don't know if I will go back to Xenoblade 3D and Bravely Default...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
and I know you know that, because you've given Likes to posts I've made in the past where I explicitly mention that fact.
Implying Shiny reads. :troll:

EDIT: Implying Swamp doesn't get ninja'd.

:(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't mind the story at all.

The only part I had an issue with was the little "( I do know that Burb and the Human Disasters are both males but.... Oops. )" footnote that was originally there. @The Human Disaster and I are both openly gay, and I know you know that, because you've given Likes to posts I've made in the past where I explicitly mention that fact.

But you already edited that out of the post, so the only legitimate issue with the post is already fixed at this point. No need for apologies.
I thought you were joking about having a crush on @The Human Disaster
I am really sorry, I do not care if you go out with him.
Do whatever you want with that relationship stuff.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought you were joking about having a crush on @The Human Disaster
I am really sorry, I do not care if you go out with him.
Do whatever you want with that relationship stuff.
I think you're focusing on the wrong thing here.

Burb wasn't upset about their true love shipping.

He was upset you implied two guys couldn't love each other.

D

Deleted member

My biggest complaint about the sequel trilogy, as much as I've enjoyed it so far:
Grevious underuse of R2-D2.

Star Wars movies are ranked on the amount of screen time he gets (proven PLATINUM7 fact) and the sequel trilogy just keeps fumbling around with who is perhaps the single greatest Star Wars character.

They had the perfect opportunity to rectify The Force Awakens R2 shortcomings in The Last Jedi and they completely blew it.

R2 is meant to save the day at least once each movie. He just serves to conveniently hand over the rest of the map at the end of Force Awakens, despite not doing so when first in proximity of BB-8. The Last Jedi just has him play a cheap shot on Luke to get him to stop being such an old fart and then nothing else.

George Lucas didn't recycle Japanese film characters story driving techniques into perhaps the most iconic robots in pop culture for nothing. At least C-3PO gets to bumble about as usual (and even then not as much as previous trilogies). But for ****s sake, USE R2. Have him do something and not just take a back seat to BB-8 the whole time. Yeah I like that they actually are giving the new characters the spotlight but R2 needs to be there too. It's pretty much the first thing in the Star Wars bible. Let there be R2 (and 3PO) and let him do **** that means something

End rant
I agree.
I like R2D2 better than BB8, but I feel like BB8 is going to be the main protagonist's droid, and BB8 is going to have a minor role.
R2D2 did have part of the map to help the characters find Luke, but I felt like R2D2 did not do that much. I barely remembered what R2D2 did even. Hopefully the ninth star wars movie does something more with R2D2, like save the gang from something. However, Disney does like BB8 a lot it seems, so it seems that BB8 is going to be the main droid who saves everything and stuff and R2D2 is going to watch and just be "there".

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Well you’ll have to try it for me since Sonic’s don’t exist in Canada as far as I know.
they don't :V

they do down in the states though, in nevada theres one in the commercial district down in the town i live

but ya will try one out for ya

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Unless you're one of those old-timey health benefits types there's a laundry list of reasons why not.

Top of which, is the taste.

yes

i actually love the taste, especially in summer :V
...cept for Katt.

In which case I'm at a bit of a loss. Do as ye do, I suppose.

D

Deleted member

I have a stupid idea for my story that I never did yet.

So this guy who is average lives in a planet like Earth, except everyone is happy. However, there is a dictatorship. This dictator makes sure the people likes him and not revolt. The dictator is cruel to other planets and encourages tons of wars and chaos, which causes fear among the protagonist. Everyone likes the dictator, so the protagonist is an "odd ball". The dictator has a daughter however, and she wears a suit just like her father does. She only wears formal stuff. She is attractive though, and she has a crush on our protagonist. The dictator does not like that, as the general wants to marry the dictator's sister and the dictator does not like our protagonist. So the dictator hires his huge army to go and to kill our protagonist, but the daughter of the dictator likes him. So they travel all over the place and go on adventures and stuff. The planet that our protagonist lives on with the dictator is the best empire by far. Best army, best and most resources, most wealth, etc.

How do you feel about this base idea? :)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have a stupid idea for my story that I never did yet.

So this guy who is average lives in a planet like Earth, except everyone is happy. However, there is a dictatorship. This dictator makes sure the people likes him and not revolt. The dictator is cruel to other planets and encourages tons of wars and chaos, which causes fear among the protagonist. Everyone likes the dictator, so the protagonist is an "odd ball". The dictator has a daughter however, and she wears a suit just like her father does. She only wears formal stuff. She is attractive though, and she has a crush on our protagonist. The dictator does not like that, as the general wants to marry the dictator's sister and the dictator does not like our protagonist. So the dictator hires his huge army to go and to kill our protagonist, but the daughter of the dictator likes him. So they travel all over the place and go on adventures and stuff. The planet that our protagonist lives on with the dictator is the best empire by far. Best army, best and most resources, most wealth, etc.

How do you feel about this base idea? :)
That sounds like a premise that could work. It sounds engaging, at least.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

i'm just weird -3- its always been a refreshing summer drink ever since i was little
Eh. Not the weirdest thing I've heard.

Ain't a fan personally though. I got a sweet tooth, straight vinegar usually sits odd with me.

D

Deleted member

This thread has discussed many disgusting things but drinking vinegar is probably the worst of them all.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Eh. Not the weirdest thing I've heard.

Ain't a fan personally though. I got a sweet tooth, straight vinegar usually sits odd with me.
if ya don't think i got a sweet tooth ya haven't seen me inhale some of konnies home made sweets then~

but ya everyones got their own taste of what they like and what they don't like

for the life of me i can't stand anything spicy

Morbi

Scavenger
This thread has discussed many disgusting things but drinking vinegar is probably the worst of them all.
Oh, man, when I was younger I used to drink vinegar with the lemon juice. And AI steak sauce, it destroyed my stomach, fam.

Hold up lemme grab some pineapples and pizza.
Best pizza, only sheep believe otherwise. The trick is to get rid of that Canadian bacon nonsense and use pepperonis instead.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I loved The Force Awakens when it came out. I still love it, even now when so many have turned against it. I think it's a fine addition to the collection. But The Last Jedi just pisses me off. Rian Johnson doesn't understand character in the slightest. He just engineers things he wants the characters to do, and then railroads the characters down that path kicking and screaming.

Rey. Re-watch TFA and you'll notice something. Not once does Rey say she doesn't know who her parents are. We, the audience, don't know who her parents are, but Rey never gives any indication she doesn't. She can clearly remember them leaving her when she was a child, and she's waiting for them to come back. Her character arc in TFA is about letting go of the past and moving forward.

But come TLJ, all she can do is dwell on the past, on her mysterious parents who she suddenly doesn't know. Until partway through the film when Kylo tells them they're dead nobodies, and then Rey repeats her arc from TFA. She should have already been at that point at the beginning of the film, but it takes until the end, after she's already left Luke, for her to finally accept that she needs to move on. Her arc is wasted.

Finn. In TFA, he's a stormtrooper, abducted and brainwashed as a child to fight for a cause he doesn't believe in. His first experience with battle is so traumatic he flees the First Order at great risk to himself, and then when he meets Rey, he lies to her about who he is, because he's scared she'll either judge him or not help him. When they get to Takodana, he jumps ship at the first opportunity, signing up with a ship that's about to leave. He'a a selfish coward. His arc completes itself when he chooses to come back to help Rey, and then later chooses to infiltrate Starkiller Base to save her and help the Resistance.

But come TLJ, just like Rey, he's reverted back to how he was at the beginning of TFA. He's a coward, he's out for his own head, and he has little desire to help the Resistance in their fight. In fact, he has to be lectured on how child slavery is bad by Rose. The ex-Child Soldier has to be told Child Slaves are bad by the girl who's never seen a battle in her life. Yadda yadda yadda, pointless animal racing and Phasma slaying side quests, and by the end of the film Finn is once again ready to put himself in harms way to help the Resistance.

Kylo. His arc in TFA is much simpler. He's bad, but not all bad, he's conflicted, maybe he turn back to the light side. But then he kills his father, and "completes" his training. He's Team Evil now, ready to destroy the universe and be a compelling villain.

In TLJ, he, too, reverts back to the troubled, conflicted state he was at the beginning of TFA. He hesitates and ultimately fails to fire on his mother's ship. Rey still thinks there's good in him, and she goes to meet him. She tries to pull him back to the light, but then he murders Snoke and once again goes full Team Irredeemable Evil, ready to destroy the universe.

It's absolutely infuriating to see that Rian was so creatively bankrupt that he couldn't develop the characters past where they were at the end of TFA, instead reverting every last one of them back to their original status quo only to tell the same story with them a second time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pineapple on pizza is a blessing.

You say otherwise, you have the dumb.

Status