• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New FEH manga chapter

Leon doesn't even try to be discrete hahaha. This manga doesn't make much sense outside of Japan since Kamui is called Corrin here, but it's a really nice chapter.

On another note, Reinhardt's new sword is called MeisterSchwert. Translated from German, it means Master Sword. Reinhardt is actually Link.

Breath of the Magic is my favourite Reinhardt game.
Someone made note of the fact that only seven characters at appeared in the background of the CYL 2 website weren't in the game: Marisa, Myrrh, Leif, Nanna, Aversa, Owain (kinda), and Valbar. The first four were added afterward. As well, one of the previous comics foreshadowed Alfonse and Sharena getting alts.

I really hope all this is pointing to Valbar getting in the game soon. He's great and he deserves it; he's one of my favorites from SoV.
Also give us Silque, IS.

D

Deleted member

Bonjour.

Here's a random poll because why not:

Are you rather KFC or Burger King?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Is anyone hopeful for a Nintendo Direct this week or next week? From what I've seen, April has almost always had at least one Nintendo Direct with the exception of 2016. I know there was one over a month ago, but I imagine there could be at least one for this month, even if it's just another Mini Direct (heck, I imagine that's what we would get if there was one this month).

Plus, I really miss Picture of the Day from Smash 4 and I am hopeful to see it get confirmed in a Nintendo Direct. What makes me really curious is if it does come back, would it be confirmed that way or would we have to wait until E3?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Fried Froppy is phenomenal food.
You go anywhere near Froppy, and I will smash you into the ground.

Bonjour.

I'd rather eat Wendy's, at least she has sass :p

Is anyone hopeful for a Nintendo Direct this week or next week? From what I've seen, April has almost always had at least one Nintendo Direct with the exception of 2016. I know there was one over a month ago, but I imagine there could be at least one for this month, even if it's just another Mini Direct (heck, I imagine that's what we would get if there was one this month).

Plus, I really miss Picture of the Day from Smash 4 and I am hopeful to see it get confirmed in a Nintendo Direct. What makes me really curious is if it does come back, would it be confirmed that way or would we have to wait until E3?
At most, I think a mini-direct will happen at late April to Mid May.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Reinhardt is the first villain character to have 2 summonable units, right?

Zelgius doesn’t count cause they both have different names

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, screw Nia X Kasandra, Zeke X Kasandra is the true meaning of love...and bad luck but hey, atleast, they can understand each other.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Zelgius wouldn't count anyway since Black Knight was a TT reward.

But technically Grima has two summonable versions...one's just legendary.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Zelgius and BK are the same character and the game makes no effort in keeping that spoiler hidden. It should count.

With that said, BK was a Tempest unit. He can't be summoned.

There's also been two Grimas before two Reinhardts due to the two Fell Robins, but the female one is a Legendary and thus, would only show up temporarily in Legendary banners.

So Reinhardt is essentially the first villain to have two versions of himself in the permanent pool.

Not to mention that I think he was the first villain to be summonable rather than be a Grand Hero when he first showed up. Might be wrong on that though.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Zelgius wouldn't count anyway since Black Knight was a TT reward.

But technically Grima has two summonable versions...one's just legendary.
I forgot about Grima.

Also I don’t like the summonable characters that look identical to their others. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see any difference between the 2 Olwen’s and Reinhardt’s.

D

Deleted member

Oh, yes I can.

Oh, but you see Shishoe, my avatars are always female.

Silly Shishoe, I was only referring to your EO copies, every other copy not owned by you would be save. :evil:
Your avatars are always two females. So I know it! I'm gonna make you those two creepy twins that are basically one person
Not mutually exclusive.

They are very tasty friends.
You don't eat your friends tho
HOLY ****, CONNOR! :joyful:

Connor is this image personified

It's actually Xander due to Spring and Summer Xander. Ironically, his default version isn't summonable.

Also, if anyone is gonna argue Xander isn't a villain, he's as much of one as Reinhardt.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Your avatars are always two females. So I know it! I'm gonna make you those two creepy twins that are basically one person

It's actually Xander due to Spring and Summer Xander. Ironically, his default version isn't summonable.

Also, if anyone is gonna argue Xander isn't a villain, he's as much of one as Reinhardt.
Xander isn’t a villain if you play Cinquest

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

On one hand, Reinhardt turned a blind eye to a **** ton of ritualistic child sacrifices to get into Ishtar's pants.

On the other hand, Xander keeps Peri employed.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...-x-legacy-collection-1-and-2-launch-july-24th

Capcom Unity has given further info on the X Collections. The retail versions will cost $40 ($5 per game) and includes two disks, except for the Switch, which will have Collection 1 on cart & Collection 2 as a digital download code. The release date is July 24th.

Also confirms there will be new remixes, Day of Sigma will be in both collections, and will feature various original commercials and trailers.

While I still have a couple complaints, Capcom is at least releasing them bundled together for the retail release and that there is more effort being put into this than the Classic Collections. Personally I'll probably pick up the PS4 version as I dislike digital only releases.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Y'all sick of hearing about dragons yet?

Too bad.

dragon squad_4_10_18.png

Thought it'd take me a lot longer than four days to build em decent. Also thought I'd never snipe that third B!Ike off what I could scrape up from Lunatic maps. But here we are.

The strategy is as ever tank and retort. If you don't kill me on hit one, you won't get hit two.

Individual thoughts:

M!Grima is complete for now. He tanks all kinds of **** and hits back hard. I've seen 70s.
Reinhardt hates this guy. Lose a blue mage every day with this one weird trick.

Nowi's Rally Defense may get swapped out for Def/Res to help a larger variety of tanking situations. Quick Riposte Seal needs to be honed to 3. Would love some Aether action if she could get it.
Ravioli ravioli break upon the dragon loli.

F!Grima probably needs something subbed in for Cancel Affinity that makes her more dangerous in combat. Right now she's squishy flying buffs and movement; she can dish decent hits but can't take any. I think Ivander mentioned something I wanted to try but other things came up and now I can't recall what. Quick Riposte and Guard are in the recommended build; leaning towards the former, but G Tomebreaker might be an interesting way to halt Naga users.
*angry Grima noises*

Tiki's Drive Res is a trial run, see if it helps me tank mages and other dragons that might be able to punch holes in the squad. If it ends up being a moot point, I can swap it out for another Drive - Def or Atk comes to mind - but having a Drive skill on Tiki boosts the dragon ball and lets it exist in looser formation than Spur if I have to pre-empt something, so it seems like a reasonable way to go. Tiki would also appreciate some Aether action if she could get it.
Boobs of steel.

Fae's still around too, but she isn't built in the least, and would have a hard time replacing any of the above. She's not much of a priority at this point either.
"Hey, mind playing with me? Please? Pretty please?"

Next goal - figuring out Summoner and Ally Supports with this group.

Bonjour.

KFC, hands down.

A long time ago you might've heard the opposite, but every Burger King I've been to in the last five years has been an utter ****show, and I've been to em everywhere between Louisville and Madison.

Meanwhile every KFC I've been to has at least remained consistent. The more rural, the better, actually.

You go anywhere near Froppy, and I will smash you into the ground.
Funny story.

I legitimately forgot who Froppy was.

Of course we're not cooking the frog girl.

You don't eat your friends tho.
That depends more on your definitions of "eat" and "friends" than you might think.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
M!Grima is complete for now. He tanks all kinds of **** and hits back hard. I've seen 70s.
Reinhardt hates this guy. Lose a blue mage every day with this one weird trick.
I still think it's weird to combine Warding Breath and Vengeful Fighter.

With that said though, it does mean you still get the accelerated cooldown even if VF stops working, so that kind of idea does have value.

Nowi's Rally Defense may get swapped out for Def/Res to help a larger variety of tanking situations. Quick Riposte Seal needs to be honed to 3. Would love some Aether action if she could get it.
Ravioli ravioli break upon the dragon loli.
Yeah, Def/Res would be good. Especially since every dragon on your team but her doesn't really have an amazing Res stat.

F!Grima probably needs something subbed in for Cancel Affinity that makes her more dangerous in combat. Right now she's squishy flying buffs and movement; she can dish decent hits but can't take any. I think Ivander mentioned something I wanted to try but other things came up and now I can't recall what. Quick Riposte and Guard are in the recommended build; leaning towards the former, but G Tomebreaker might be an interesting way to halt Naga users.
*angry Grima noises*
Her Res isn't really high enough to have Res Smoke work properly.

Would've actually worked better on Nowi due to her having the highest Res in your team, but I doubt you'd want to kill off F!Grima.

G Tomebreaker is a great idea, but not for F!Grima since she's faster than both Naga users to the point where the G Tomebreaker setup (tome user can't follow-up but you have an automatic one) would very likely happen anyway.

I'm a bit iffy on Guard though since she doesn't really have the highest health or the best defenses. Would work early on, but would be useless once she gets hit.

Tiki's Drive Res is a trial run, see if it helps me tank mages and other dragons that might be able to punch holes in the squad. If it ends up being a moot point, I can swap it out for another Drive - Def or Atk comes to mind - but having a Drive skill on Tiki boosts the dragon ball and lets it exist in looser formation than Spur if I have to pre-empt something, so it seems like a reasonable way to go. Tiki would also appreciate some Aether action if she could get it.
Boobs of steel.
So +7 Def/Res when combined with Male Grima's Ward Dragons and +10 on anyone who would get the theorotical Rally Def/Res.

That idea has potential, not gonna lie.

Fae's still around too, but she isn't built in the least, and would have a hard time replacing any of the above. She's not much of a priority at this point either.
"Hey, mind playing with me? Please? Pretty please?"
RIP the chicken kid

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ya'll talking about dragons and all I can think about is Kojiro slicing them im half.
On one hand, Reinhardt turned a blind eye to a **** ton of ritualistic child sacrifices to get into Ishtar's pants.
I need context
Also, Xander turned a blind eye to Literally Everything Garon Did so they really do fill the same role
That depends more on your definitions of "eat" and "friends" than you might think.
You still shouldn't eat Froppy because that's illegal

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I love Mega Man. I love Mega Man X. But Mega Man Zero is my ****ing jam. When am I getting that legacy collection?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So. My night was... Eventful.

We went to the laundromat to wash some clothes when we met a newcomer in town. Guess he moved in recently. He was a total loon- but he was certainly one of the honest folk.

Afterwards we went to Walmart and my friend bought a game called Nioh, which is some Samurai game. Its pretty good. We were gonna try out Kirby Star Allies on the demo Switch but this kid was on the game already and we were on a schedule, so we moved out to get some gas and I saw a kid from High School who was now married with a kid. I was talking to him and I learned that another kid I knew in high school, who was a friend as well, apparently ***** his little little sister, and that broke my heart to learn that. I decided that I'm just going to forget about it. My plate's full enough and we haven't seen each other in awhile, so I'm just gonna leave it on the shelf.

Went back to the laundromat and picked up the clothes, went hone, trued out Nioh, then went to bed. Couldn't sleep well because of a toothache.

A simple trip to the laundromat became a branching drive. Who would've thought.

Ivander

Smash Legend

On the other hand, Xander keeps Peri employed.
At the very least, we don't know if he fully did. I mean, we know Ishtar aided with helping some of the children escape behind Julius' back. Who's to say that Reinhardt didn't help her at one point or another? And c'mon, IS has been one of those who've been adding info and lore outside of the game, like they recently did with Echoes. And considering Reinhardt's popularity, IS may add a lot to him when Thracia gets a remake.
On the other hand, he did pretty much go FA when he was released out of service by Ishtar when she was forced by Julius, which is different from when Xander went FA in Birthright. Reinhardt's definitely not the bigger saint here.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo. You can challenge two bosses at once in the X Challenge mode. And that White and Blue Ultimate Armor is kind of clean.

X1 - Arguably the best Mega Man game.
X2 - Not as good as X1, but still a lot of fun. Doesn't do much of anything new.
X3 - About on par with X2. Adds more but is a lot harder.
X4 - The best 32 bit Mega Man game and one of the best in the entire series.

X5 - Not bad, but a step down from X4 in terms of overall design. The multiple endings make the plot confusing. It might be worth a playthrough.
X6 - Possibly the worst official 2D Mega Man game and it further messes up the plot. Lots of bad design choices.
X7 - Possibly the Sonic 06 of the Mega Man franchise, though I've heard many prefer it to X6. Lots of bugs, bad VAs, and load times. Plus you have to unlock X as a playable character.
X8 - A huge step in the right direction and is worth a playthrough. 6 playable characters, tag team attacks, item shop, etc.

Based on the extras & X8, your money will probably be better spent on this rather than the PS2/GC collection. You'll only be missing out on the 32 bit version of X3 and not having to import Battle & Chase. Plus the GC version has an awkward control scheme and questionable emulation.
Too bad I already bought the Mega Man X Collection on Gamecube like 2 and half years ago. Personally, I'd have to skip it since I'm only really missing Mega Man X8, and I don't really plan on playing X7.

On the bright side, Battle and Chase is pretty fun. Wouldn't mind a second one in 21XX. Especially if they include characters throughout Mega Man's entire franchise.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I love Mega Man. I love Mega Man X. But Mega Man Zero is my ****ing jam. When am I getting that legacy collection?
Truer words couldn't be said better.

Yeah, I know about the DS Collection, no, I don't care about it. I want those games to have a rerelease with some fix here and there and some new stuff.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At the very least, we don't know if he fully did. I mean, we know Ishtar aided with helping some of the children escape behind Julius' back. Who's to say that Reinhardt didn't help her at one point or another? And c'mon, IS has been one of those who've been adding info and lore outside of the game, like they recently did with Echoes. And considering Reinhardt's popularity, IS may add a lot to him when Thracia gets a remake.
On the other hand, he did pretty much go FA when he was released out of service by Ishtar when she was forced by Julius, which is different from when Xander went FA in Birthright. Reinhardt's definitely not the bigger saint here.
I mean, I know it's technically not 100% certain, but considering he was Ishtar's ward, there's no doubt he didn't know about it, and yet he still acted as a general for, essentially, the Loptyrian cult. So even if he was attempting to go against them behind the scenes, he still followed orders from the cult itself. It's still pretty heinous imo.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
man....i used to sleep around 4 am and then wake up around 12-1pm

now that i've been working and keeping busy my whole original schedule is screwed up, where i wake up 8am and pass out around 11pm

so much for my vampire-ism nocturnal lifestyle X-X

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
man....i used to sleep around 4 am and then wake up around 12-1pm

now that i've been working and keeping busy my whole original schedule is screwed up, where i wake up 8am and pass out around 11pm

so much for my vampire-ism nocturnal lifestyle X-X
Welcome to my world, kitty.

The day world.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Personally, I prefer Classic Mega Man, and ESPECIALLY the first few Mega Man X games, most other platformers don't touch them if you ask me. But nothing wrong with liking MMZ too, I guess.

When the hell do we get a Mega Man Battle Network Collection? I really want to get into that series, but if I do buy 6 of the main games, that's a pretty penny. Not to mention at this point, I wouldn't be directly supporting the franchise if I got them online or anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom