• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Time for sum XC2 datamine goods
Tagging Chrono. Chrono. Metal Shop X Metal Shop X and @mario123007
These files cover stuff up to end Chapter 7
Conceptual art of hoodie Pyra:

-The artworks of the Torna Blades within the files are different to the ones used in-game when they're your Blades; the artworks in the files are the ones seen in the Official Artbook. The absence of the NG+ portraits is explained because this datamine was made on the 1.1.0. Version.
-Jin and Malos have diamond icons (the ones used when a quest specifies certain characters to continue them), probably placeholders.
-No full artwork of Pneuma
-***** Destroyer Rex:

-Many rough beta artwork of the characters; Mythra apparently has extra ones probably used for dummy testing
-All the artworks of all the Common Blade designs; including the Beta ones of the E3 2017 showcase
-The scrapped Bestiary:

-There's an unmasked Jin portrait, but no Sephiroth Jin
-No Malos with his core exposed either
-The special meter icons go all the way to Lv. V
-There's a full color Mor Ardain symbol for some reason
>No full artwork of Pneuma
The Dream Is Dead...for now atleast.

Beside that, REX LOOK SO FREAKIN' COOL IN THIS OUTFIT, GOD (or rather, architect), PUT THAT OUTFIT IN SMASH.

Also, Hooded Pyra look so cute. We need her as an alternate costume.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Time for sum XC2 datamine goods
Tagging Chrono. Chrono. Metal Shop X Metal Shop X and @mario123007
These files cover stuff up to end Chapter 7
Conceptual art of hoodie Pyra:

-The artworks of the Torna Blades within the files are different to the ones used in-game when they're your Blades; the artworks in the files are the ones seen in the Official Artbook. The absence of the NG+ portraits is explained because this datamine was made on the 1.1.0. Version.
-Jin and Malos have diamond icons (the ones used when a quest specifies certain characters to continue them), probably placeholders.
-No full artwork of Pneuma
-***** Destroyer Rex:

-Many rough beta artwork of the characters; Mythra apparently has extra ones probably used for dummy testing
-All the artworks of all the Common Blade designs; including the Beta ones of the E3 2017 showcase
-The scrapped Bestiary:

-There's an unmasked Jin portrait, but no Sephiroth Jin
-No Malos with his core exposed either
-The special meter icons go all the way to Lv. V
-There's a full color Mor Ardain symbol for some reason
Took a gander at the Google Drive before coming here.

I actually thought the Golden Pyra from forever ago was a fake lol. Guess it wasn't.

Full artwork for The Chad, Rex is appreciated tho. Sad about no Verde.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
-sees Grima on the new banner-

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! BETTER IVS! :awesome:

-tries to summon and eventually gets one with more than half my orbs to spare-

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-checks IVs-

+HP! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-Def... not so yee...

I thought it was cause frenchies like frog legs...
I don't like frog legs.

Got a funny story about how my sister mistook them for chicken wings though :p

Often I see people who joined here later than me have like triple my post count.

What the **** are y’all doing? Are your fingers ok?
You must be worried sick about me then. :laugh:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well we got some boxarts.

And a trailer.

Collection 1 has X1-X4, Collection 2 has the rest.

Only a physical version for the one that includes both games.

Also a new mode that's essentially a boss rush randomizer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Me, realising Bows are categorized the same way as Dragonstones and as such we'll have colored Archers using Brave Bows and Firesweep Bows: "Why do you hate me, IS?"

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
How do you even get so many 5 stars?
Frankly?

Money. I purchased an exorbitant amount of orbs, and I burnt the lot in offering.

I don't know if you'd call me a whale, but I'm definitely a dolphin.

In specific, I love Dragon Emblem. So dropping cash on this, where I could pull on anything but colorless, was a modest ROI. But in general, the idea was to only purchase orbs until I caught up though, and my Arena record suggests that I have.

Since Grima's the unit I lean on the most, I'll probably snipe greens off the dragon banner with the free 20 and anything else I can scrounge up in the next 6 days, see if I can pick up another. But I don't see myself spending any more cash for a while.

Well, Hinoka can be used for hone fliers support, so she can have that use at least. And even then, her attack and speed hasn't been touched, so she can still be useful. And I'd say that Chrom is pretty good, he's going to be slow, but with fury he can reach 40 defense unboosted. Add to that horse buffs and the falchion bonus and there you have it, a tanking machine. And even if he had bad IV's, he has sword valor, which makes him useful to train other sword units.
Neither are hopeless by any stretch, but they're competing with other units unless I double up on colors in my Horse and Flier teams.

Which I might. Hinoka and Morgan would work reasonably well together, and Sigurd can tank the mages that Chrom can't.

-sees Grima on the new banner-

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! BETTER IVS! :awesome:

-tries to summon and eventually gets one with more than half my orbs to spare-

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-checks IVs-

+HP! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-Def... not so yee...
Little lame, but 32 DEF isn't straight terrible and the +HP should at least help bring some bulk back.

What was your previous Grima again?

Ooo.... two Reinhardts?
I guess "double" the memes now. :troll:
Nah.

Just more of the one.

43199-full.png

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Little lame, but 32 DEF isn't straight terrible and the +HP should at least help bring some bulk back.

What was your previous Grima again?
I had three Grimas and ended up choosing the -Atk/+Def due to the potential tankiness and the fact that 53 Atk was still pretty goddamn good.

So using him as my main merge source would cost me 6 Def.

Decided to compare the stats I'd get between the two I have with all the merges.

Current (merged with new): 50 HP / 54 Atk / 25 Spd / 39 Def / 28 Res

New (merged with current): 53 HP / 57 Atk / 25 Spd / 33 Def / 28 Res

That should help visualize which one would be the best option for a +3 Grima.

Also, take in mind my Grima has a Close Def 3 seal. Decided to go that way since Expiration affects only ranged units, so I wanted something for the close units.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I had three Grimas and ended up choosing the -Atk/+Def due to the potential tankiness and the fact that 53 Atk was still pretty goddamn good.

So using him as my main merge source would cost me 6 Def.

Decided to compare the stats I'd get between the two I have with all the merges.

Current (merged with new): 50 HP / 54 Atk / 25 Spd / 39 Def / 28 Res

New (merged with current): 53 HP / 57 Atk / 25 Spd / 33 Def / 28 Res

That should help visualize which one would be the best option for a +3 Grima.

Also, take in mind my Grima has a Close Def 3 seal. Decided to go that way since Expiration affects only ranged units, so I wanted something for the close units.
Oh **** yeah top one wins by a mile. Right call, man.

Hope some of my sniping pays off and I can join you in the +3 Grima Club.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yes because they're ranged. Reinhardt isn't OP because he has a Brave weapon on a horse. He's OP because he has a Brave RANGED weapon on a horse
I think the OPness of Reinhardt comes more from three different factors;
  • Dire Thunder is a Brave tome, meaning it targets Res instead of Def. Considering how many meta threats have lower Res than Def, this gives Reinhardt the opportunity to dish out a lot of damage against some of the strongest units.
  • His speed is so low than the drawback of a Brave weapon is inexistant. As proof of this, Blue Olwen also comes with Dire Thunder and she's not nearly as powerful as Reinhardt with it due to both the lower attack and the fact that her speed is actually decent, so having her default tome hurts that.
  • The fact that he's a horse mage because Emblem buffs.
Oh **** yeah top one wins by a mile. Right call, man.

Hope some of my sniping pays off and I can join you in the +3 Grima Club.
That's what I thought too.

54 Atk is still really damn good, which is why I'm not mad at him being -Atk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think the OPness of Reinhardt comes more from three different factors;
  • Dire Thunder is a Brave tome, meaning it targets Res instead of Def. Considering how many meta threats have lower Res than Def, this gives Reinhardt the opportunity to dish out a lot of damage against some of the strongest units.
  • His speed is so low than the drawback of a Brave weapon is inexistant. As proof of this, Blue Olwen also comes with Dire Thunder and she's not nearly as powerful as Reinhardt with it due to both the lower attack and the fact that her speed is actually decent, so having her default tome hurts that.
  • The fact that he's a horse mage because Emblem buffs.

That's what I thought too.

54 Atk is still really damn good, which is why I'm not mad at him being -Atk.
The main reason is still the absurd range with two guaranteed attacks that generally result in death. Brave Lyn with a Brave Bow just isn't as dangerous because she doesn't have as much Atk.
A Red Brave Bow would be an absolute nightmare when paired with the Reinhardt.

Meanwhile, German Reinhardt(that's what I'm calling the new one) only has 1 Rng which means Mages and Archers can get in easily and chip away even if they can't ORKO him.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The main reason is still the absurd range with two guaranteed attacks that generally result in death. Brave Lyn with a Brave Bow just isn't as dangerous because she doesn't have as much Atk.
A Red Brave Bow would be an absolute nightmare when paired with the Reinhardt.

Meanwhile, German Reinhardt(that's what I'm calling the new one) only has 1 Rng which means Mages and Archers can get in easily and chip away even if they can't ORKO him.
Until German Reinhardt is given a Distant Counter.

Which he will be. By every player that receives him. The second it becomes possible for that player to do so.

At which point:

MVAklN7TBTGTssTR1K53Yzlz3g23VZZchVgVlP-Vslg.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Until German Reinhardt is given a Distant Counter.

Which he will be. By every player that receives him. The second it becomes possible for that player to do so.

At which point:

View attachment 141133
DC isn't optimal when he should be running his default(bless IS for the maymays) Death Blow.
Even if his German Master Sword works on enemy phase, that's not how anyone will ever use Brave weapons because the goal is to kill everything before they can touch you.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
DC isn't optimal when he should be running his default(bless IS for the maymays) Death Blow.
Even if his German Master Sword works on enemy phase, that's not how anyone will ever use Brave weapons because the goal is to kill everything before they can touch you.
I'm so used to Enemy Phase strats by this point I wouldn't know what to do with a Brave weapon.

I'm just imagining how to make him more terrifying to see in an enemy's Arena team.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

And a trailer.

How are X5 through X8? I've only played Mega Man X out of that series; I wanted to get the collection for the Gamecube, but then I found out that used copies tend to hover around the $80 range. I figure that the first collection is a must-have, though I might download it if it doesn't take up much space.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

And a trailer.

RIP collection 2, has 2 terrible games that ened up killing the franchise. Though will they fix the X6 script?

ALSO NORIO WAKAMOTO FOR SMASH SWITCH ANNOUNCER YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

And a trailer.

I still have a lot of mixed feelings towards how they're handling this, but at the very least, there seems to be a lot more effort put into these sets than the Classic Collections. I like that they're doing slight face lifts for each of the games and I'm curious to see all of the products they'll include. The Classic Collection really surprised me by having pictures of the Capcom published version of the NA Mega Man 6.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The new Professor Layton anime was pretty good with Episode 1. It is kinda like a friendlier version of Detective Conan, interesting mysteries with episodic storytelling. I enjoy how energetic Katrielle is in the anime compared to the games. It is not really amazing, but definitely a good time. I could do without the fourth-wall breaking, but I can understand somewhat given the demographic of this anime. Maybe there will be an anime adaptation of the seven original Layton games one day. I am crossing my fingers that this anime helps boosts the sales of Layton's Mystery Journey so that more animated Layton content can be made in the future, much like with Yo-kai Watch.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How are X5 through X8? I've only played Mega Man X out of that series; I wanted to get the collection for the Gamecube, but then I found out that used copies tend to hover around the $80 range. I figure that the first collection is a must-have, though I might download it if it doesn't take up much space.
X1 - Arguably the best Mega Man game.
X2 - Not as good as X1, but still a lot of fun. Doesn't do much of anything new.
X3 - About on par with X2. Adds more but is a lot harder.
X4 - The best 32 bit Mega Man game and one of the best in the entire series.

X5 - Not bad, but a step down from X4 in terms of overall design. The multiple endings make the plot confusing. It might be worth a playthrough.
X6 - Possibly the worst official 2D Mega Man game and it further messes up the plot. Lots of bad design choices.
X7 - Possibly the Sonic 06 of the Mega Man franchise, though I've heard many prefer it to X6. Lots of bugs, bad VAs, and load times. Plus you have to unlock X as a playable character.
X8 - A huge step in the right direction and is worth a playthrough. 6 playable characters, tag team attacks, item shop, etc.

Based on the extras & X8, your money will probably be better spent on this rather than the PS2/GC collection. You'll only be missing out on the 32 bit version of X3 and not having to import Battle & Chase. Plus the GC version has an awkward control scheme and questionable emulation.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Go on....
Sister mistook them for chicken wings.

Man these are a weird shape. Tastes a little fishy.

Nobody says anything until later.

horrible_realization.jpg.

Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Just saved Uni a half hour of typing.

Unless I'm wrong.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
X1 - Arguably the best Mega Man game.
X2 - Not as good as X1, but still a lot of fun. Doesn't do much of anything new.
X3 - About on par with X2. Adds more but is a lot harder.
X4 - The best 32 bit Mega Man game and one of the best in the entire series.

X5 - Not bad, but a step down from X4 in terms of overall design. The multiple endings make the plot confusing. It might be worth a playthrough.
X6 - Possibly the worst official 2D Mega Man game and it further messes up the plot. Lots of bad design choices.
X7 - Possibly the Sonic 06 of the Mega Man franchise, though I've heard many prefer it to X6. Lots of bugs, bad VAs, and load times. Plus you have to unlock X as a playable character.
X8 - A huge step in the right direction and is worth a playthrough. 6 playable characters, tag team attacks, item shop, etc.

Based on the extras & X8, your money will probably be better spent on this rather than the PS2/GC collection. You'll only be missing out on the 32 bit version of X3 and not having to import Battle & Chase. Plus the GC version has an awkward control scheme and questionable emulation.
Which one has all the characters named after Guns and Roses members?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Which one has all the characters named after Guns and Roses members?
X5. For example: Tidal Whale became Duff McWhalen.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'just bought 4 overdrive protocol for the new blades & if I decide to go back on me giving Kasandra to Nia instead of Fourth. So far, it's kinda of mixed, but Nia does good damages while being safe enough thanks to Ultimate Shield.

Thank god that buying Overdrive Protocol is a thing on NG+, make experimenting with different blades on different drivers far more easier.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Go on....

Unless I'm wrong.
Actually, she didn't mistake them for chicken wings.

My grandfather purposely told her they were chicken wings for the sake of making her try new things, but everyone else knew the truth.

She even thought they tasted like actual chicken wings for a moment until my dad told her.

Then the jpg :p

Everything else is accurate though.

Moral of the story? Placebo effects are real.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Unless I'm wrong.
You were wrong about the half hour. It was really three quarters of an hour. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom