• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

And apparently he's received death threats for that video
Absolutely unacceptable...

Seeing MvC go down like this, it really pains me. I remember the exictement I had when it was announced in that PlayStation experience. How did we end like this.
Max even said in the video that he kept getting toxic comments in almost all his MvCI videos. This is just proving him further right. People need to take a chill pill or 20.

Side note but thanks to Twitter replies I got a new pic for my ZAMAS folder.
Melee has aged well.

Come at me.
It's kinda sad people blindly hate on Melee just because people play it competitively.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Putting Obrona on Morag

Bro, what the bluudy heil is wrong with you?:4charizard: You can have INFINITE BREAK ON NIA.

Plus,
Mikhail is waaaaaaay better on Morag than Obrona. Mostly because he is an evasion tank than basically combine the best aspect of every tank blade

I just said Obrona for the lelz; I def keeping her on Nia

>tfw I haven't recruited Mik yet because Im playing XCX :034:

But tell me, is he better than Theory? he rivals Brighid a least a bit?
Side note but thanks to Twitter replies I got a new pic for my ZAMAS folder.
Obligatory Subarashii

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, anyone wanna fill me in on what the hell Dragon Ball GT even was? Did it suck? Was it horrendous? Was it just total bat****? Why is it considered noncanon everywhere?

I've been thinking of starting Dragon Ball for the first time and then transitioning into Z Kai since I've only seen the original DBZ series. Wanted to know if GT was even worth watching.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 You see this?
This post is what I meant.

Melee aged very well.
Brawl on the other hand did not.

Anyone sending death threats for a video is just..... no.
Humans are cruel.
I feel Brawl's problem is that Smash 4 is basically a refined Brawl with more content versus match wise.

When I ever feel like playing as Snake I go back to it. Boss battles was fun and Subspace Emissary was neat. Maybe I should replay them sometime.

I do go back to 64 and Melee more often than Brawl just because the differences from Smash 4 are more noticeable. In fact I've been playing a fair bit of 64 recently. Some Melee but not as much as 64.

D

Deleted member

I feel Brawl's problem is that Smash 4 is basically a refined Brawl with more content versus match wise.

When I ever feel like playing as Snake I go back to it. Boss battles was fun and Subspace Emissary was neat. Maybe I should replay them sometime.

I do go back to 64 and Melee more often than Brawl just because the differences from Smash 4 are more noticeable. In fact I've been playing a fair bit of 64 recently. Some Melee but not as much as 64.
I barely played 64.
I played 64 on this stupid emulator that I never used again, and I played 64 for a little bit in my school and I won all the rounds.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just said Obrona for the lelz; I def keeping her on Nia

>tfw I haven't recruited Mik yet because Im playing XCX :034:

But tell me, is he better than Theory? he rivals Brighid a least a bit?
Oof, you had me worry for a second there.

As for
Mikhail

Like I said, he is pretty much every tank in the game.

He is great at keeping aggro.

He has arts and special that deals bonus damages on aggro'ed enemy or just enemy in front of you.

Morag get a healing art.

You get a massive bonus in agility when he have max affinity. (45%)

You get aggro just by being here.

Your entire team, aslong as Mikhail is here, have a 30% of inflicting blowdown on the ennemy if said ennemy attack any of you. (think of Boreas ability but better in every way)

You get a good boost in ability by having Mikhail around.

You have 3 aux core placement with him, so you can go nuts.

So, like I said, Mikhail is pretty much a fusion of every good thing about tanks. Try to have him as fast as possible, he is worth the deal.

Plus, you can release him and get him at the same place you got him. So you can experiment with every drivers if you feel like it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do think he's right that the Marvel vs Capcom series is dead.

I see Disney going out of their way to either avoid Marvel fighting games or just giving the rights to someone else. Which will suck because by that time?

The Fox buyout will probably be done and the thing that held back the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, and characters of the matter will get into THAT game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So, anyone wanna fill me in on what the hell Dragon Ball GT even was? Did it suck? Was it horrendous? Was it just total bat****? Why is it considered noncanon everywhere?

I've been thinking of starting Dragon Ball for the first time and then transitioning into Z Kai since I've only seen the original DBZ series. Wanted to know if GT was even worth watching.
From what I hear, it's kind of like DB fanfiction.
The first part of GT tried to be more like DB, rather than Z. After that it pretty much just became Z again but everything's more powered up.

TFS said it's not that good but nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

People consider it noncanon for a variety of reasons:
Anime only
Super messes things up. SS4 is like, the ultimate form in GT but SSGSS looks like it's stronger
Chris Sabat (iirc) said it's no longer canon
I don't think Toriyama actually worked on the story

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

GT was eclectic and tonally inconsistent. The evolution of the franchise from goofy sex comedy to life or death energy battles against aliens was gradual enough that Dragon Ball never really lost its narrative thread. Then with GT, Toei opted to go back to the franchise roots, with a lighthearted comedy with some raunchy jokes. Fans of the tail end of DBZ reacted quite negatively to the sudden change in direction, and Toei responded by hastily and abruptly course correcting back to DBZ style seriousness, but with all the trappings of the original comedy pitch still in tact (Goku being a kid again, Pan's entire character). This resulted in a show that didn't know what it wanted to be which pleased no one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, it was like I was abducted by aliens. I put chicken in the over for 20 minutes. Sit down and BAM, I hear the oven timer warning me less than a minute is left.

Missing time

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Eh. It was weird.

Ain't a scholar, but what I know and remember of it felt like it was trying very hard to bring Dragon Ball's more irreverent feel into Dragon Ball Z's seriousness. It never quite nailed either one and ended up feeling like a couple of filler arcs put together.

It ain't heinous, and there's some legitimately baller concepts in there, like SSJ4. And the animation stepped up. But other than that it doesn't feel like it's on the same level.

SS4 is like, the ultimate form in GT but SSGSS looks like it's stronger
The debate rages to this day.

Ultra Instinct shuts both of them down, though.

D

Deleted member

I am going to send out my thoughts for each game.
I am not including 3DS because I never played Smash Bros. 3DS.

Smash 64: I think this game aged very well. Combos are nice and smooth in the game, due to the high hitstun. The controls are really not that bad with the Nintendo 64 controllers. Roster is very balanced.

Melee: Aged very well. Roster is unbalanced, but it is overall fun. It is nice to learn a new skill in that game, and overall, the characters are fun to play though. Combos are easier and more diverse like in 64, despite the lowered hitstun.

Brawl:
Casually, it is really fun to play. Subspace is nice. However if you want to go in a competitive, Brawl is tedious. Characters can DI and SDI easily and live for a long time. Air dodges are too strong and it is way too floaty. Barely any combos. Also only the top and high tiers are viable and every other character is a phesant compared to Brawl MK. :lol:

Smash Bros. Wii U:
I only play this as of now, and it is my favorite. For Glory is fun, and I like how we have a lot of characters. I like how they upped the competitive level from Brawl while not making it too competitive. I am so grateful edge-hogging is removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are some good elements to GT

I actually like the first part that is more like Dragon Ball. I kind of wish the Baby aspect was expanded more throughout a universal chase. It really feels like they rushed the end of the baby saga just to change the direction of the show. It doesn't even show what they do to get the last 2(?) dragon balls

The Super Android 17 saga was the absolute worst. It feels like a filler saga in a filler series. The only saga worse than it is the Garlic Jr Saga.

The last saga with the dragons I think started to give GT it's own personality, somewhat balancing between the adventure part and the fighting. But it was at the end.

SSJ4 is an awesome transformation, and I like it a lot better than any of the super transformations. I like the character of Baby

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow... an hour passed.
That hour felt like fifteen minutes.

Are you guys secretly time lords and ladies or something? :laugh:
You guys are fun.

Good night everyone. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow... an hour passed.
That hour felt like fifteen minutes.

You guys are fun.

Good night everyone. :)
You were abducted by aliens too I see.

Missing time.

Chrono.

GT was also pretty bad with it's side characters. Like, Uub was probably the biggest waste of a character I've seen.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
One of GT's biggest problems was its execution. Brilliant ideas for story arcs and villains (Baby and Omega Shenron are particular standouts, with Super 17 being medicore, but not terrible) but ultimately fell flat in the end.

Also, I finished Bayonetta 2 today, so I can finally scratch one more off my long list of games to finish. Next are Bayonetta and both Gunvolt games.

Last edited:

Chrono.

GT was eclectic and tonally inconsistent. The evolution of the franchise from goofy sex comedy to life or death energy battles against aliens was gradual enough that Dragon Ball never really lost its narrative thread. Then with GT, Toei opted to go back to the franchise roots, with a lighthearted comedy with some raunchy jokes. Fans of the tail end of DBZ reacted quite negatively to the sudden change in direction, and Toei responded by hastily and abruptly course correcting back to DBZ style seriousness, but with all the trappings of the original comedy pitch still in tact (Goku being a kid again, Pan's entire character). This resulted in a show that didn't know what it wanted to be which pleased no one.
GT airing right after Z ended (in Japan) probably didn't help it much either.

I imagine people were burned out by DB at this point.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
GT was also pretty bad with it's side characters. Like, Uub was probably the biggest waste of a character I've seen.
Urgh....don't remind me of Uub in GT. It make me depress just to think of the potential Uub had, oh, Buu fusion with Uub? Great! Now let's put him out of the action and let's focus on Goku! Because everyone want to see Goku again and again and again, and again and- you get the point.

In fact, I think the reason why I am not very interested in Super is because Goku is still the main character. Yeah, some character get their time to shine, but I am just sick of seeing Goku, he is just not very interesting at all now those days.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Buu is one of my favorite Dragon Ball characters I did not like Majuub. Uub still didn't really win fights and now we couldn't even get to see Buu fight

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
For those who both play FEH and care - a Venn Diagram that is quite nearly two entirely separate circles - I've finally built my dragons to the point where showing them off seems viable.

Ain't finished. Taking feedback.

dragon squad_4_6_18.png

Last edited:

Chrono.

Urgh....don't remind me of Uub in GT. It make me depress just to think of the potential Uub had, oh, Buu fusion with Uub? Great! Now let's put him out of the action and let's focus on Goku! Because everyone want to see Goku again and again and again, and again and- you get the point.

In fact, I think the reason why I am not very interested in Super is because Goku is still the main character. Yeah, some character get their time to shine, but I am just sick of seeing Goku, he is just not very interesting at all now those days.
Super does a far better job at balancing out the cast imo. In fact, despite being the main character and focal point, a lot of the other characters get to shine over him.

Hilariously enough, Goku's Win-Loss ratio is pretty horrid in Super, at least before the ToP.

He lost to Beerus, he lost to Frieza, he surrendered to Hit, he couldn't get rid of Goku Black and didn't do much against Fused Zamasu. Jiren was the closest he got at a legit W but the rules and nature of the tournament make that flimsy.

What's more, Goku only had two real wins before the ToP began. Which were against Botamo and Bergamo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Super does a far better job at balancing out the cast imo. In fact, despite being the main character and focal point, a lot of the other characters get to shine over him.

Hilariously enough, Goku's Win-Loss ratio is pretty horrid in Super, at least before the ToP.

He lost to Beerus, he lost to Frieza, he surrendered to Hit, he couldn't get rid of Goku Black and didn't do much against Fused Zamasu. Jiren was the closest he got at a legit W but the rules and nature of the tournament make that flimsy.

What's more, Goku only had two real wins before the ToP began. Which were against Botamo and Bergamo.
He did win against Hit, just not in the universe 6 tournament

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
For those who both play FEH and care - a Venn Diagram that is quite nearly two entirely separate circles - I've finally built my dragons to the point where showing them off seems viable.

Just used your Grima in the voting gauntlet. It's pretty disgusting. I'd give him armour boots as a sacred seal though, that way he can keep up with the rest of the team.

I've been using female Grima and it's pretty underwhelming to be honest. The one I'm using has the same IV's as yours. I'd take out Cancel Affinity (Since RavenTomes/Triangle adept aren't that common anymore) and give her vantage or quick reposte.

Edit: You can give her guidance as sacred seal, it would give so much movilty to your whole team.

That Nowi build definitely work for countering red units, and seeing the rest of the team, it's obvious you need a counter for them, so as a budget build it works. Of course you can improve it with Warding/Steady Breath, but those skills are pretty rare, so I wouldn't change much.

A!Tiki has defiant attack... I'd change that, not a very good skill. If you can't go with the Breath skills, triangle adept works pretty well with her (that's what I have on her and it does wonders). Also, spur Res isn't that good, I think other support skills are much more consistent. I'd say speed buffs, but seeing all your units are pretty slow, that wouldn't work very well. Maybe Spur Attack/Hone attack goes better.

The problem with Dragons teams is that they are always enemy phase oriented, so they don't work that well as defensive teams. But if you are using them then they are pretty effective. My Dragon team has Tiki, Nowi, Corrin and Fae, and both Corrin and Fae run speedy builds to avoid getting doubles.

That's my take on your team. Wish I had male Grima...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

You are right, I think however I just become very sick of seeing Goku, especially in Super.

Goku was fine from DB up until the end of the Cell Arc, in the Buu Arc, he was OK but he was pretty much here for fanservice.

In GT, he again take the main spolight while Vegeta, Goten & Piccolo just bite the dust I guess. And while it was balanced with Pan & Trunk, even both of them were kinda leave out toward the Baby Saga. Trunk in particular in such a sad case, seeing adult Trunk from the present could have been very interesting. But instead, he was more the comic relief.

Then, the movies, beside Bojack & a few other, were pretty much always with Goku as the star while everyone else were just jobber or comic relief to increase the lenght of the movie. Yeah, some character did have their moment, but in the end, it was always Goku stealing the win. (The worst exemple being Meta-Cooler, seriously, Piccolo should have been the main character. He is stronger than Goku at this point for lord sake!)

It's like, Toei, Toriyama and Japan in general just can't leave this monkey alone. What I liked about Z was that the show wasn't as Goku focused as one might think. Sure, Goku saved the day in the Frieza Arc, but even then, he got his body stolen, beaten, then when he recovered, he had the fight the strongest opponent he ever faced. And when he won, I didn't feel like that Goku just come to get the kill, no, I actually felt like Goku earn it, he didn't just fight for his friends, he fighted for the universe, bur most importantly, to avenge Vegeta and the Sayian Race. (Ok, more for Vegeta but you get the idea) And most important of all: Goku taked the fight seriously, he doesn't "ATATATATATATATA" or joke around and treat like the fight isn't really that important, no, he actually give a ****, the moment he is on Namek, Goku is on full serious mode.

This is why Goku was so interesting to me before the latter half of Z. We see him grow, from his childhood to to adulthood, we see him grow, the end of the Frieza Saga was the perfect ending for the character. And while he did survive and came back, him leaving the earth to Gohan was also great, because it show how much he trust his friends and his son, he isn't necessary anymore, the world doesn't need Goku, the world needed Gohan, a half-human, half-sayian hybrid, two races who did their best to save the world in DB and DBZ respectivaly, this was the perfect send-off.

Now, I just don't give a ****, Goku is just here because Toei and Toriyama have an unhealty obsession over him that actually hurt other character. His character is just a blank state to give power-up that just make the power scale even more **** up than it's already is, and aslong he still be the main hero, I be unable to care for whatever happen to him, because Goku character arc was over, a very long time ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Melee would have aged better if it added a function to disable tap jump.

Just sayin'.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Most of Melee aged pretty well.

But those character models are fugly even for back then.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really disagree that Melee's models were bad, even back when it came out.

I've seen PS2 models that make Melee look state of the art.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think it's about time a take a break from the boards for a while.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, yeah it is. It's nobody's fault, though. I understand that these discussions often strike farely close to peoples hearts. I was just trying to argue my point that I didn't think she was the most popular female in gaming but it kinda got spun into me saying she wasn't an icon, or that I just didn't like her or something. Quote soup can be a pain in the ass when you're in an English degree and are taught to add certain words to give your writing flare.

Basically, it just kinda stressed be out that my argument got twisted up and I really don't need stress right now, to be honest. Doctor's orders.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, yeah it is. It's nobody's fault, though. I understand that these discussions often strike farely close to peoples hearts. I was just trying to argue my point that I didn't think she was the most popular female in gaming but it kinda got spun into me saying she wasn't an icon, or that I just didn't like her or something. Quote soup can be a pain in the *** when you're in an English degree and are taught to add certain words to give your writing flare.

Basically, it just kinda stressed be out that my argument got twisted up and I really don't need stress right now, to be honest. Doctor's orders.
I hope you feel better soon.

Get some rest.

And don't worry, I knew what you meant.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Banjo-Kazooie. Super Mario 64. Jack & Daxter. Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3. And of course, without doubt, Donkey Kong 64. Cause everyone loves DK64.
I don't like how the collect-a-thon was handled in DK64, tbh.

That was basically the one stain on what it an otherwise solid game.

If a remake happens, I hope that's handeled better.

Cool remix ideas, but 64 is on the DS. You can play DS games with 3DS.
If you want another one....well then. :lol:
That didn't stop Bowser's Inside Story, did it?

Well, after going through about half of the pages I missed and seeing a post from @praline showing her former avatar of Tharja except in GIF format, my computer decided to crash... I wonder why that happened. >_>
You got a hex, I believe :p

Any Nintendo fan that don’t ain’t a Nintendo fan. JS.
Are you sure you're not talking about the Wii U, boi?

All I want is Capcom Vs Capcom or Nintendo Vs Capcom man.:drsad:
If Capcom VS All Stars or Nintendo VS Capcom ever happen, they better be pretty good games. I'd hate to have one of those titles go out like Infinite...
Capcom VS Capcom already happened :troll:

Humans are cruel.
Welcome to the world, Shiny.

Not without my horn :urg:

Never liked Dragon Ball, though I respect it for what it is.

Despite that I still bought Fighterz.
That MvC itch was too much, huh?

Warding Breath and Vengeful Fighter on your Grima?

Seems strange to me since I don't think those skills stack.

Honestly, yeah it is. It's nobody's fault, though. I understand that these discussions often strike farely close to peoples hearts. I was just trying to argue my point that I didn't think she was the most popular female in gaming but it kinda got spun into me saying she wasn't an icon, or that I just didn't like her or something. Quote soup can be a pain in the *** when you're in an English degree and are taught to add certain words to give your writing flare.

Well, I hope you have a nice rest then, pal.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'hope you have a nice rest NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , it's always hard to come back from a argument that was misunderstood and give off the wrong impression, I know that very well...:drsad:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Capcom VS Capcom already happened :troll:
We don't talk about that... Yet another Capcom failure to the list.

Warding Breath and Vengeful Fighter on your Grima?

Seems strange to me since I don't think those skills stack.
Well, it does work well since you also receive the cooldown reduction when you get hit, apart from when you hit. And vengeful fighter is simply a better version of QR, so it's basically like all Breath/QR sets, but the condition to activate it is easier. Of course, you could go the mixed phase with bold fighter and QR sacred seal while keeping the breath and making him a threat in both phases, but personally I'm not a fan of mixed phase units.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We don't talk about that... Yet another Capcom failure to the list.
Fair enough.

Well, it does work well since you also receive the cooldown reduction when you get hit, apart from when you hit. And vengeful fighter is simply a better version of QR, so it's basically like all Breath/QR sets, but the condition to activate it is easier. Of course, you could go the mixed phase with bold fighter and QR sacred seal while keeping the breath and making him a threat in both phases, but personally I'm not a fan of mixed phase units.
I get your feeling, but personally, I don't like to see a skill not work because another skill prevents it to work, which is the kind of interaction cooldown reduction skills tend to have (unless it's Wrath, I guess)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I finally finished my first +10. Love the border they get on their icon.
Mfw you promote a 3* Nino thinking you din't have a 4* but turns out you do so you just wasted 2k feathers

Also, Catria lost and this means Chrom cheated. I demand justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom