• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I know this isn't really a tangible thing to critique, but those just LOOK like Fakémon. The aesthetic is too different.
idk dude. This artstyle really reminds me of the latest pokemon games artworks.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Friendly reminder of how starters are chosen
  • Grass starters are based off something extinct
  • Fire starters are an animal from the Chinese Zodiac
  • Water starters are non-fish water dwellers
- There are bears species that are extinct
- Horse is a Chinese Zodiac animal
- What the heck is Water supposed to be?
I like the designs though.

And we shouldn't see any official details for Generation 8 yet because there's still one Generation 7 Pokémon that hasn't been officially revealed/released.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Damn, think I really messed up my Fire Emblem Sacred Stones save file.

Never once went to the Tower to grind for levels on my units because I never felt it was necessary.

But now I'm on the final chapter at the map screen and the final boss one shots a lot of the units that have legendary weapons.

Which means I have to get really, really lucky with misses and/or criticals, which wouldn't be as much of an issue if the map doesn't start you back from the very beginning when you lose.

Not sure if I even want to complete the last battle at this point if it is going to be a tedious and time-consuming effort.

It's my fault for not wanting to grind just to be safe. But due to the nature of permadeath and weapons having durability, the idea just really did not seem enjoyable to me at all, so I pushed through with what I had. Ah, what a disappointing way to conclude my play through of the game...

Chrono.

And we shouldn't see any official details for Generation 8 yet because there's still one Generation 7 Pokémon that hasn't been officially revealed/released.
Wasn't that pattern debunked or am I thinking of something else?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Those things honestly look like Fakemons in my eyes. Just too "out of type" with the starters, so I believe Opossum Opossum .
I remember when gen 7 starters where leaked and people said the same thing, that they didn't look interesting and appeared to be "fakemons". Yet it was the truth.

Honestly since gen 5 i feel like the starter pokemons have been kinda like that; they don't seem to be interesting at first but they eventually grow on us.

Edit: Sorry for quoting you wario bros, is misreaded your post

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I said "shouldn't" not impossible.

And I meant showing Gen 8 to the general public, not beginning development.
I noticed I misreaded your post and already edited mine. :p

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last night I learned you can DHC without the need of using a Super or Meteor with your Point character. This is gonna be fun to experiment with.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I had seen things on this earlier. Is it true you actually have to do a half circle instead of quarter circle? Either way, it's a neat mechanic that wasn't thrown in peoples faces. This game just got started and already I'm impressed with what people are finding.

So potential leaks for the Gen 8 Starters have come out:

I don't know if I believe these, but grass bear is amazing.
I kind of hope not. They look like freaks. It'd be a major downgrade from Gen 7. Watch them be real, I hope they look better in 3D if that's the case.

Cyndaquil isn't exactly based on the Chinese Zodiac. It's final form is a ferret/badger thing.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I had seen things on this earlier. Is it true you actually have to do a half circle instead of quarter circle? Either way, it's a neat mechanic that wasn't thrown in peoples faces. This game just got started and already I'm impressed with what people are finding.
Yeah, HCF for the level 1 and HCB for the level 3. Just when I thought I had escaped half circle motions. :p

But yeah there seems to be a lot of neat things that were hidden, like being able to use your vanish without attacking by holding the vanish keys while in Sparking mode.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

Switch already sold more than the Wii U. Software sales are just over half of total Wii U sales.
-Great hardware sales for the Switch, it did in less then a year what took the Wii U its lifetime.
-Congrats to Xenoblade for getting its first million seller.
-BotW is destroying its predecessors and is on the way to becoming one of the best selling games in the series, very impressive and deserving considering it took a different direction. Odyssey as well since it seems to be on track to beat Galaxy.
-Nintendo reported 8 games that sold over a million, and of them, six are Nintendo games and two are third parties with Mario + Rabbid being a candidate for one. It's great for the software side of things, though it begs the question what the second one is.
-Pokémon USUM blew past Emerald, but has not quite beat Platinum or B2W2's sales yet. Probably will surpass the former, the latter remains to be seen though.
-Nothing on Samus Returns yet, hopefully it reached the million mark.

In terms of Capcom, Monster Hunter is still dominant as 5 million shipped for World and the Switch version of XX being considered a success makes it one of Capcom's strongest franchises now. It's pretty surreal to see how much it's grown since the Tri days.

Wasn't that pattern debunked or am I thinking of something else?
It's less debunked and more that it's contested. The problem with the theory is that it debatable if it still fits as it has a couple potential contradictions in 2/3 of it and the fanbase can't agree on if they really throw it out or can be ignored. Grass says the trend is prehistoric animals, but Serperior and Chesnaught aren't clearly based on extinct animals and the ones that they may be (Titanoboa and Glyptodons) are more questionable territory since they have stronger connections to still living ones (grass snakes for Serperior and hedgehogs for Chesnaught). With Fire, it's believed to be based on the Chinese Zodiac, but Fennekin isn't a dog and Cyndaquil isn't a mouse and you have to get pretty deep to really make sense of either for the theory to still work (foxes being in the canidae family and Cyndaquil's Pokedex classification). It is still plausible since you can explain the issues away, but the fact that you can poke those holes in both do make it harder to get a general agreement on if it's an actual trend that the starters follow.

Water does still work though as all seven are based on non-fish aquatic animals, which makes sense since it's easier to use an animal that can work on land then it is to use one restricted to the sea.

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder that these fan rules were never confirmed by GF
Damn, think I really messed up my Fire Emblem Sacred Stones save file.

Never once went to the Tower to grind for levels on my units because I never felt it was necessary.

But now I'm on the final chapter at the map screen and the final boss one shots a lot of the units that have legendary weapons.

Which means I have to get really, really lucky with misses and/or criticals, which wouldn't be as much of an issue if the map doesn't start you back from the very beginning when you lose.

Not sure if I even want to complete the last battle at this point if it is going to be a tedious and time-consuming effort.

It's my fault for not wanting to grind just to be safe. But due to the nature of permadeath and weapons having durability, the idea just really did not seem enjoyable to me at all, so I pushed through with what I had. Ah, what a disappointing way to conclude my play through of the game...
Did you promote everyone at Lv10 or did you wait until Lv20? If not the former, you must have gotten pretty RNG screwed

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But what I really want to see from the next gen is a Pokémon based off a dolphin.

The fact it didn't happen in a generation that completely takes place in a group of tropical islands irritated me greatly.

The cat isn't in the Chinese Zodiac, is it? There's a whole story behind it I know from elementary school Chinese, which includes why the cat was excluded.
Tigers are in the Zodiac

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
-Great hardware sales for the Switch, it did in less then a year what took the Wii U its lifetime.
-Congrats to Xenoblade for getting its first million seller.
-BotW is destroying its predecessors and is on the way to becoming one of the best selling games in the series, very impressive and deserving considering it took a different direction. Odyssey as well since it seems to be on track to beat Galaxy.
-Nintendo reported 8 games that sold over a million, and of them, six are Nintendo games and two are third parties with Mario + Rabbid being a candidate for one. It's great for the software side of things, though it begs the question what the second one is.
-Pokémon USUM blew past Emerald, but has not quite beat Platinum or B2W2's sales yet. Probably will surpass the former, the latter remains to be seen though.
-Nothing on Samus Returns yet, hopefully it reached the million mark.

In terms of Capcom, Monster Hunter is still dominant as 5 million shipped for World and the Switch version of XX being considered a success makes it one of Capcom's strongest franchises now. It's pretty surreal to see how much it's grown since the Tri days.

It's less debunked and more that it's contested. The problem with the theory is that it debatable if it still fits as it has a couple potential contradictions in 2/3 of it and the fanbase can't agree on if they really throw it out or can be ignored. Grass says the trend is prehistoric animals, but Serperior and Chesnaught aren't clearly based on extinct animals and the ones that they may be (Titanoboa and Glyptodons) are more questionable territory since they have stronger connections to still living ones (grass snakes for Serperior and hedgehogs for Chesnaught). With Fire, it's believed to be based on the Chinese Zodiac, but Fennekin isn't a dog and Cyndaquil isn't a mouse and you have to get pretty deep to really make sense of either for the theory to still work (foxes being in the canidae family and Cyndaquil's Pokedex classification). It is still plausible since you can explain the issues away, but the fact that you can poke those holes in both do make it harder to get a general agreement on if it's an actual trend that the starters follow.

Water does still work though as all seven are based on non-fish aquatic animals, which makes sense since it's easier to use an animal that can work on land then it is to use one restricted to the sea.
Personally I'd argue Chesnaught is a LOT closer to a glyptodon than a hedgehog.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
But what I really want to see from the next gen is a Pokémon based off a dolphin.

The fact it didn't happen in a generation that completely takes place in a group of tropical islands irritated me greatly.
If we ever get a Greece region, a Poseidon mon can be a Dolphin, since it's the animal that represents him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

The water is suppose to be coral and stay pure water. It could maybe evolve into something land based with coral on it, but with how limited land based water animals are, changes wouldn't surprise me.

D

Deleted member

Foxes aren't in the Chinese Zodiac either unless someone wants to argue that it's a "dog"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Foxes aren't in the Chinese Zodiac either unless someone wants to argue that it's a "dog"
There certainly are people that argue fenniken is a phenic fox which is related to dog.

I think if any thing, the zodiac is loosely considered for starters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll agree when I get my Rabbit Fire starter and someone explains what a Cyndaquill is
It's an echidna that evolves into a badger, but its Dex entry says it's the "volcano mouse."

So mouse/rat mainly due to technicality. It's definitely the one that fits the least, though.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Friendly reminder that these fan rules were never confirmed by GF

Did you promote everyone at Lv10 or did you wait until Lv20? If not the former, you must have gotten pretty RNG screwed
At level 10.

And nevermind, I was able to manage a kill by giving a legendary weapon to Gerik and rushing the Demon King down before he could get to his second turn and attack. :laugh: I beat it! Whoo. I'm officially no longer just a Fateswakening of Valentia noobie.

I really enjoyed it, although I wish Lyon was more of a part of the story. Would've made his fate much for tragic. Still not a fan of possession overall in story telling, but he was done much better than anything in the recent games when they did it. Decided to +2 him in FEH.

Also I only ended up getting like three supports lol. Crazy when compared to the recent games.

Anyways, for the longest time I thought Seth was going to start underperforming, because he started off as the overpowered unit that can solo a chapter. But nope, all the way up into the end he was the strongest. :laugh:

Shout out to Knoll for summoning those sacrificial pawns, Those things make moving through maps so much easier. <3 Summoner. Now I want to summon in FEH, make it happen IS.

So sad Marisa is done wrong in this game. She came in so much weaker than everyone else, and since I didn't grind she never caught up, whereas Joshua as the Swordmaster put in a lot of work. Still made her an assassin because I wanted something different, but by then the game was nearly over. So instead I'll refine and merge her in Heroes, upgraded the Panic Ploy seal to 3 just for her. The art recently has just been so on point. Aside from the rosy cheeks, I hate how prevalent that can be in video game and anime females.

Didn't get Cormag because lol I wasn't waiting on that map for him to show up, executed the boss and ended the chapter in like two turns. Also, in the map where Eirika and Ephraim meet up in the desert, which was taking me several tries, I accidentally let L'Arachel get defeated and in my impatience I went on to complete it, so I sadly went without a healer for the most part aside from Knoll a few times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At level 10.

And nevermind, I was able to manage a kill by giving a legendary weapon to Gerik and rushing the Demon King down before he could get to his second turn and attack. :laugh: I beat it! Whoo. I'm officially no longer just a Fateswakening of Valentia noobie.

I really enjoyed it, although I wish Lyon was more of a part of the story. Would've made his fate much for tragic. Still not a fan of possession overall in story telling, but he was done much better than anything in the recent games when they did it. Decided to +2 him in FEH.

Also I only ended up getting like three supports lol. Crazy when compared to the recent games.

Anyways, for the longest time I thought Seth was going to start underperforming, because he started off as the overpowered unit that can solo a chapter. But nope, all the way up into the end he was the strongest. :laugh:

Shout out to Knoll for summoning those sacrificial pawns, Those things make moving through maps so much easier. <3 Summoner. Now I want to summon in FEH, make it happen IS.

So sad Marisa is done wrong in this game. She came in so much weaker than everyone else, and since I didn't grind she never caught up, whereas Joshua as the Swordmaster put in a lot of work. Still made her an assassin because I wanted something different, but by then the game was nearly over. So instead I'll refine and merge her in Heroes, upgraded the Panic Ploy seal to 3 just for her. The art recently has just been so on point. Aside from the rosy cheeks, I hate how prevalent that can be in video game and anime females.

Didn't get Cormag because lol I wasn't waiting on that map for him to show up, executed the boss and ended the chapter in like two turns. Also, in the map where Eirika and Ephraim meet up in the desert, which was taking me several tries, I accidentally let L'Arachel get defeated and in my impatience I went on to complete it, so I sadly went without a healer for the most part aside from Knoll a few times.
Yeah, that was your problem, you should wait until later to promote. Doesn't need to wait until Lv20 but you shouldn't promoting units as soon as Lv10 unless they're a healer or a filler unit in your army.
I did that on my first Fates playthrough on Normal and I struggled more than my other playthroughs on Hard and Lunatic at later levels.

Also, HOW do you make Lyon more tragic, I can't cry more than I already have and I fear the possibility of doing so.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What, you mean you didn't spend 200 turns each chapter just standing around to grind out C rank supports between everyone? Scrub.

Yeah, the GBA support system is kind of dumb in ways like that. I think the Tellius and DS games (FE9, 10, 11, 12) did it right, where supports are tied to the number of chapters a pair is deployed together in. None of this faffing about with making them spend 2609 turns just standing around beside each other, or being forced to pair them up, they can actually go and do their own thing while still gaining support levels. Also lets them do stuff like tie the topics of the conversations to story events, so you can see how characters are reacting and developing around the events of the war.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, funny that Holder mentioned SS because I was just about to get back to it.
Ch20 and Endgame left, let me show you all how you truly play Sacred Stones
No Seth. Joshua only.
What, you mean you didn't spend 200 turns each chapter just standing around to grind out C rank supports between everyone? Scrub.

Yeah, the GBA support system is kind of dumb in ways like that. I think the Tellius and DS games (FE9, 10, 11, 12) did it right, where supports are tied to the number of chapters a pair is deployed together in. None of this faffing about with making them spend 2609 turns just standing around beside each other, or being forced to pair them up, they can actually go and do their own thing while still gaining support levels. Also lets them do stuff like tie the topics of the conversations to story events, so you can see how characters are reacting and developing around the events of the war.
I think SoV had my favorite support system, outside some characters getting shafter on numbers like Genny.
Tying them to story progression is a great thing and having them happen during battle prevents you from being overwhelmed by supports(I honestly didn't bother with a single Birthright support because I'd have about 10 per chapter).

I hope FE16 at least keeps supports locked until specific chapters.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So potential leaks for the Gen 8 Starters have come out:

I don't know if I believe these, but grass bear is amazing.
Watermon looks like Spewpa x Phantump
Grassmon is a bear cosplaying Reuniclus
Firemon is just Keldeo with the face of Mr. Krabs' daughter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Somebody toucha my spaghet" > Ugandan Knuckles

I found something neat by the way, not made by me at all.
Precious.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I love when an unit completely monopolizes a type of weapon and then you have don't have enough space in their inventory to use all the cool weapons you have.
Like my Innes(why won't you come home) who has a Silver Bow, a Killer Bow, a Longbow, a Brave Bow and Nidhogg.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Vote for Mythra you chums :4zeke:
Or Satsuki, because I requested her too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As someone who works on her own games and such, it's quite common to take a concept and twist is quite often to create a character/monster/whatever. So sometimes you see things that barely have to do with the concept, but it can still originate from it. It's quite possible they are loosely basing the Fire Starters on the Chinese Zoodiac, but it's also possible that it's not actually relevant at all. It's obvious they aren't hard-based upon it regardless, but eh.

...Speaking of, I really need to finish the rest of my monsters for my Dungeon Crawler. I got most done, but every monster gets one counterpart before I feel properly finished. The rest is just giving them elements for the purpose of gameplay(Earth, Fire, Air, Water. Only one monster can possibly be any of those 4 due to its basis).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom