• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>TT is not Sacred Stones themed
>No Innes banner
>Lyon is not a bonus unit
>Marisa is the reward
>Poison Strike Seal
>Hone Atk seal
I sleep
>Axezura as a bonus unit
>Free Infantry Pulse
>Loki in the TT
>That ****ing TT final map
Real ****
>Drive Def as a seal
Screenshot_20171129-104807~3.png

The new seals are poison strike, hone attack and drive defense. Kinda underwhelming after the other seals we got. I want to go for Ike, but I rather save my orbs for now.
Drive Def makes super happy because it means Axezura can now carry both Drive Res and Drive Def for support. It also means we can get other 1-2 Tier skills(though I can't think of any right now lol)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today, 10 years ago, Brawl was released in Japan. Once again: time flies.
This entire decade was played on fast forward I think. There's no way it could have gone that fast.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

Switch already sold more than the Wii U. Software sales are just over half of total Wii U sales.
I wonder what that will mean for other Nintendo IP's that have been dormant for a very long time.

Obviously Nintendo was very conservative of what they let on the Wii U due to poor sales (which is why I think we only saw the big title names on the Wii U) so maybe the Switch's success could lead to Nintendo being more open to the idea of bringing back older series.
Will the Switch keep up its LEGS?
It may or may not but it still has it's ARMS to help keep it afloat.

I just had to make that pun. Dammit.

D

Deleted member

I bought Axiom Verge. I'm not far on it yet but I'm enjoying it, best part is how smooth the controls are, it always feels like I'm in control of the character which is something I deeply appreciate. Only complaint is the weapon select, it opens up a menu no matter what, I should be able to just cycle through them without having to open a goddamn menu and press confirm every time.
Also, I got a drill and that means I can make Gurren Lagann references. I want a mod that makes it so that whenever the drill is activated, the Gurren Lagann OP starts playing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm confident the Switch will at least be comparable to the Wii in terms of sales by the end of it's lifetime or maybe even surpass it, as long as it doesn't stop getting all those such interesting titles
I actually still don't expect Nintedo Switch sales surpassing Wii lifetime sales. I think it will be around the 3DS total sales...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm confident the Switch will at least be comparable to the Wii in terms of sales by the end of it's lifetime or maybe even surpass it, as long as it doesn't stop getting all those such interesting titles
I don't think it's going to reach the same level as the Wii mainly because it doesn't appeal to casuals in the same way. Yes, there are motion controls and the console is cheaper than the competition, but I think the casual appeal isn't as strong.

Then again, the hardcore gamer appeal might balance that out.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'd say they aren't evil for doing this, they're just utterly and disappointingly stupid and greedy.
They're not that stupid. They're that desperate.

Disney probably has some licensing team's balls in a vice over this one, and they're doing whatever they feel like they can to make enough money that their deal doesn't put them in the red.

Clearly they feel like at this point no amount of work on the game itself will un**** their financials after the massive backlash the game received. Or if it could, it wouldn't come fast enough to keep the game viable long-term. So they're milking the one source of money they think they might still have, because they don't think they'll get another.

I understand why they're doing it. It's short-sighted, but it isn't imbecilic. They know exactly what they're doing.

That just makes it douchey.

Chrono.

Interesting thing to note about Xenoblade 2's sales: Persona 5 and Nier:A took around 9 months to reach 2m sales.

I'm not saying XC2 will reach that in less time, or at all ( I even doubt it does ). But it's pretty cool that it may be able to keep up with them.This is also hilarious seeing as how everyone thought the game would be delayed to this year.

Really curious to see how a third game or an X port would do now.

Or maybe that fantasy RPG they're working on.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
People keep telling me, "oh lynels are haaaaard" and I'm just like, "***** you right, but only if it has a club".

Seriously, Lynels aren't really that tough. But if they have clubs? **** that. Time to use those fairies you stocked up on. *grumble*

Chrono.

People keep telling me, "oh lynels are haaaaard" and I'm just like, "***** you right, but only if it has a club".

Seriously, Lynels aren't really that tough. But if they have clubs? **** that. Time to use those fairies you stocked up on. *grumble*
Honestly, Silver Bokoblins give me more trouble.

They're not harder than Lynels, but they have a tendency to blindside me while I'm out and about, and those little ****s hit like trucks. On top of that they're kinda everwhere.

I imagine the Golden ones aren't much better especially with their Regen.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Lynels are only challenging when you don't know how the dodging mechanics work.

Otherwise, they're more like a Bokoblin with a ton of health, imo.

Chrono.

BotW is probably the only game where my method of combat is going "okay what's the most impractical and convoluted way of dealing with these clowns" as opposed to the "right" way of dodging and whacking things till they die.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Only dangerous thing I've ever found about Lynels is breaking all my weapons on them.

It's kind of a sad state of affairs when the economics of ass-beating are the scariest thing they offer.

Chrono.

Monster Hunter XX apparently sold very well on Switch, meanwhile Ultra SF2 was a "smash hit", meaning...

Ryu is back in Smash baybeeeeeeee.

The replies on the Nintendo everything tweet are just begging for the localization for XX.

Also is Smashboards on mobile acting weird for anyone else? Half my words get auto corrected into gibberish or something else entirely.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I did a free pull on the Legendary Banner and got Summer Frederick.

Honestly I'm happy about it. He was pretty much all I even really wanted from the banner (not interested in Ike, Gunnthrá, S!Xander, S!Robin, P!Azura, or Siegbert, already have Fjorm, Sanaki, B!Lucina). Takumi and Faye would have made fine pity breakers, but man...first pull was all it took. I generally only care about seasonal they're for characters I really like, while not being too horrendously out of character (Chrom's a dork enough to wear a Santa suit, I swear), so considering Frederick is one of my favorites, I'm happy.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't think it's going to reach the same level as the Wii mainly because it doesn't appeal to casuals in the same way. Yes, there are motion controls and the console is cheaper than the competition, but I think the casual appeal isn't as strong.

Then again, the hardcore gamer appeal might balance that out.
True, but I think Switch hits the spot for those people like me who wants to play console games but either don't have TV or just always need to go outside and do stuff such as working, hanging out with friends etc... and compare to the casuals, this type of people are those who will invest more on Nintendo Switch, whereas back in the Wii days due to the fact that Wii's success was build mostly on the motion controls and the blue ocean strat... the sales were crazy, but the side effect was that many Wii were left in the dust pretty quickly... kind of like my Wii right now, I used to love the motion controls and .... Brawl.... and many others, but after a we got Wii U we quickly abandoned our Wii...

My daily routine so far just made home consoles unappealing to me, that's why despite there are many awesome games on PS4... I don't have the time to play all those games...this is not only why Switch solds well in Japan but also other Asian countries like Taiwan and South Korea where basically our lives are just filled with errands... I can play my XC2 while shopping with my mother or need to go somewhere with my friends and family... that's just insane.
Monster Hunter XX apparently sold very well on Switch, meanwhile Ultra SF2 was a "smash hit", meaning...

Or new MH game, and new Street Fighter game...
and I am still fingers crossed for Dragonball Fighter Z come to Switch...

Chrono.

Or new MH game, and new Street Fighter game...
and I am still fingers crossed for Dragonball Fighter Z come to Switch...
Honestly I think the FighterZ port will only happen after all the DLC is out or an updated version of the game is out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mfw Xenoblade 2 ships over 1 million in less than 2 months:

And Mario Odyssey overcomes BotW as the best selling Switch game.

Everything goes back to normal.
And tfw MK8Deluxe is the 2nd best seller

The first time I saw a Lynel, he took outbhis sword and just stared at me. Then he took me pulling up my camera as a battle cry and went charging and killed me. I didnt know how to fight him pf. This was the one on the bridge by the memory

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I've been using small/bigbrain a whole lot recently and I should probably learn to stop before I'm 65 and still describing things as "smallbrain"

D

Deleted member

BotW is probably the only game where my method of combat is going "okay what's the most impractical and convoluted way of dealing with these clowns" as opposed to the "right" way of dodging and whacking things till they die.
If you're killing enemies with a weapon you're doing it wrong.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

The replies on the Nintendo everything tweet are just begging for the localization for XX.

Also is Smashboards on mobile acting weird for anyone else? Half my words get auto corrected into gibberish or something else entirely.
So MHXX sold well.. Yet they are still pussyfooting( yes that is an acual word. No im not censor dodging) around localizing it?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Honestly I think the FighterZ port will only happen after all the DLC is out or an updated version of the game is out.
If that's really the case, then that's actually pretty awesome. This means if we not concerning the performance, DragonBall Fighter Z on Switch might be the best version since they might just include all the DLCs in game. I hope that happens even if it will cost more than other versions.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i blew 99 orbs on the legendary banner cant complain with what i got

first 5* Gunthra, im glad because i legit didint get ehr last time

second and third 5* back to back in the same session Summer robin, didnt have har either but wouldnt have minded a brave lucina

and then i got a 4* soliel but hey didnt have her either

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
If that's really the case, then that's actually pretty awesome. This means if we not concerning the performance, DragonBall Fighter Z on Switch might be the best version since they might just include all the DLCs in game. I hope that happens even if it will cost more than other versions.
There's a TON of games i'd love to see ported for the Switch. I don't really care that much about the "downgrade" honestly, I don't thing it's such a bad thing as some people say it is

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, ****, I just realised something about A Hero Rises, what if we can vote for the villains? Could we finally get Veronica?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The first time I saw a Lynel, he took outbhis sword and just stared at me. Then he took me pulling up my camera as a battle cry and went charging and killed me. I didnt know how to fight him pf. This was the one on the bridge by the memory
First time I saw a Lynel was the one on the plateaus in Faron.

He noticed me way, way off in the distance, from the next plateau over. We stared each other down a bit. Then he calmly pulled out his bow and fired in the air. Learned homing arrows are bull**** real fast.

Stayed away from them for a while after that, but I started turning the tables during the Vah Ruta lead-in.

Next time I met the Faron one I beat his ass with a sword one of his bros dropped. Didn't need his ****, was just on principle.

D

Deleted member

First time I met a Lynel, I went "so this is why everyone is scared of these ****ers"
Every following encounter was a joke because you can beat any of them by simply dodging and flurry striking, their moves are incredibly telegraphed.
Also, Stasis+ helps.
And later I learned I could just slap their butts and ride on them for even more easy damage

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If Dragon Ball FighterZ does come to the Switch and I get it, I plan to use the Pokkén Tournament Pro Pad.
I might try out table top Mode when playing with others.
There's a TON of games i'd love to see ported for the Switch. I don't really care that much about the "downgrade" honestly, I don't thing it's such a bad thing as some people say it is
Especially fighting games, Role playing games and other indie games that tends to sell well on Switch.
There's another fighting game that I want to see on Switch is Skullgirls. With Switch still doesn't have any fighting games that I want to buy (ARMS, close but not that close, SNK Heroines... Nah... BBCTB? Hell no, for now ), of Skullgirls does come to Switch I will be super excited. And yes, I aware I have said this many times like a broken record lol.
As for performance, as long as the game runs smooth, I don't care toouch on the graphics and frame rates.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Last night I learned you can DHC without the need of using a Super or Meteor with your Point character. This is gonna be fun to experiment with.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So potential leaks for the Gen 8 Starters have come out:

I don't know if I believe these, but grass bear is amazing.

Chrono.

Ah yes, leak season.

I don't know what to make of this other than the water one looking like Phantump's weird cousin.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I know this isn't really a tangible thing to critique, but those just LOOK like Fakémon. The aesthetic is too different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom