• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The air sickness bag part bothers me more than the Pikachu part, but whatever floats your boat I guess.
I mean you have an avatar of what bothers me most about later gen random Pokemon. The ones that feel like they just looked at a random household object and said ''BUT SECRETLY IT'S A TERRIFYING BATTLE MONSTER."

I mean sure in a way that's also brilliant, but it's also incredibly lazy and makes me think of that Family Guy clip of how as Stephen King went along in his career. Even better? Said clip is about a lamp monster.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
And is Viewtiful Joe obscure? Maybe not at least in the Nintendo community.
Joe is so obscure that people only know him from that anime he had, not from the actual games. Being from a niche genre like beat em up doesn't help either. I'm still hoping for a revival one day (Since he had a cameo in Wonderful 101), but before seeing Joe in a crossover we need Viewtiful Joe 3.

Honestly, I feel like Phoenix Wright has better chances than Joe.

Third-party companies would probably prefer picking a character from an ongoing and still popular franchise (Ace Attorney) rather than pick something from a dead franchise that hasn't seen a game in 13 years and was made by a subsidary that was shut down 11 years ago (Viewtiful Joe)
This is pretty much the reason why I'd love a Nintendo VS Capcom. Phoenix Wright is my most wanted character for Smash, and Joe is probably the second, but both of them have pretty much zero chances since we already have Megaman and Ryu. And even if we got a third Capcom rep, I feel like Monster Hunter is more likely than the other two. So, the only place where I could see Joe and Wright fighting Nintendo characters would be in a Nintendo VS Capcom.

But knowing Capcom they'd probably leave both out from the game, just like they did in Infinite. Stupid Capcom...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wow, one user has already get called out for mentioning old stuff, now you do too?
And not to mention you bring up my INITIAL complaint when it comes to review scores yikes, keep up the update please. Now I actually agreed on some of the reviews, but I still consider the some scores are heavily underrated. Even to you is complaint, this is nothing to do with what we were discussing, nice to make it off topic.

I already admit I am a Xenoblade fanboy, what can you do about it?
And was Daisy in Xenoblade 2? Didn't know about that...

And bruh, chill and keep it clean lol. You may dislike and have grudge on me but at least keep your words chill.

Okay... I also found this pic very very hilarious @Final Smash Gamer

I am a huge fan of Rush Hour.... Because of Jackie Chan.
"Oh wow you brought stuff up from the past!" said the poster who feels the fact I've been vocal on Xenoblade 2 IN THE PAST means I'm biased and that I have to say I'm interested in a game I would only buy if it was 15 euros or less.
You posted a picture of that dumb three eyed blade with an eye on tbe back of her head, to which I joked that the designs of the game were so bad Daisy was unrecognizable. Which you took seriously. Want me to dig it up? It's not hard to find old posts and I can find your post saying "Oh no the review scores are too low" too if I want to.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean you have an avatar of what bothers me most about later gen random Pokemon. The ones that feel like they just looked at a random household object and said ''BUT SECRETLY IT'S A TERRIFYING BATTLE MONSTER."

I mean sure in a way that's also brilliant, but it's also incredibly lazy and makes me think of that Family Guy clip of how as Stephen King went along in his career. Even better? Said clip is about a lamp monster.

In his defense, Stephen King can make a story about a Lamp Monster terrifying as hell.

D

Deleted member

Ingo_Chandelure_Psychic.png
Now's a good time to drop this conversation

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still think Incineroar would be the more unique option in Smash.

Decidueye would be cool, but it would basically be just another projectile zoner, which Smash has plently of. He could make things unique, fun and cool-looking, but in the end, he'd just be part of a general archetype that is already well-represented.

Incineroar would most likely be a true grappler, something Smash has never had in the nearly 20 years it existed. Closest things are Bowser and Ganondorf, and even then, they're only half-grapplers. And we know that archetype can work in Smash thanks to Paco in Brawlout and Luffy in SSF2.
I think you're overlooking the very important fact that Decidueye is also a bird....

And a bird could make for some interestingly unique attacks...

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I... didn't even know he had an anime.

TvC and MvC are where I learned he existed lol
Welp, I knew Joe from the anime first, and then the videogames. It's one of those animes that magically got into TV for some reason (the good old days), and since I was so young, it was the only place I could watch them. I mean, the anime did the trick, I bought the games because of it hahaha. But going back to it, it was a pretty bad anime, so you don't miss anything if you don't even know it existed (I liked the opening song though).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Isn't the concept of household objects being haunted by spirits a big thing in Japanese culture?

I think you're overlooking the very important fact that Decidueye is also a bird....

And a bird could make for some interestingly unique attacks...
Um...

Decidueye would be cool, but it would basically be just another projectile zoner, which Smash has plently of. He could make things unique, fun and cool-looking, but in the end, he'd just be part of a general archetype that is already well-represented.
Pretty sure I covered that part.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
User was warned for this post
View attachment 140077
Now's a good time to drop this conversation
I mean he's better than the ****ing ''ICE CREAM CONE POKEMON!"

''ACTUAL SWORD POKEMON!"

Isn't the concept of household objects being haunted by spirits a big thing in Japanese culture?
I believe so, yeah.

But when you reach 800 plus monsters and then you start cashing in on that part of your culture it's bound to look like you're just phoning it in to some.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I believe so, yeah.

But when you reach 800 plus monsters and then you start cashing in on that part of your culture it's bound to look like you're just phoning it in to some.
That's because those "some" only take the face value of things and don't take the time to think of why things are as they are. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
promo for the star vs season finale. And did Marco just called everyone waifus? Lmao if true.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean he's better than the ****ing ''ICE CREAM CONE POKEMON!"

''ACTUAL SWORD POKEMON!"
Hey, that sword pokemon is a sword with a shield.

That's like, totally different & unique.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, my dislike towards Mimikyu is more of a person issue than anything so I'm pretty biased against it

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have no problem with inanimate object pokemon...

except Klink Klang....

Magearna did gears better...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"Oh wow you brought stuff up from the past!" said the poster who feels the fact I've been vocal on Xenoblade 2 IN THE PAST means I'm biased and that I have to say I'm interested in a game I would only buy if it was 15 euros or less.
That is fine if that is the case.
I recently saw Xenoblade X on a very cheap price, hoping to get it sometime.... But... It is in Japanese...
You posted a picture of that dumb three eyed blade with an eye on tbe back of her head, to which I joked that the designs of the game were so bad Daisy was unrecognizable.
Oh.. You mean this pic?
IMG_20180331_233123.jpg

This pic was posted like... Over 4 months ago? I remember I stated I didn't realized it was a joke until you clarify it was, again bringing up something that was a misunderstanding... Nice one.

But still, this Blade is called Newt and she is a very powerful Blade to use. But as her design I am not gonna defend it.... But calling her dumb is still, improper in my opinion. But hey I respect that. She can be a bit dumb in her quest.
Want me to dig it up? It's not hard to find old posts and I can find your post saying "Oh no the review scores are too low" too if I want to.
Oh yeah, I am so shameful for letting other people to know that lol.... Like anyone will care.
Be real now... yeah you are right they aren't hard to find lol. Same as you bring up Bravely Default having fair censorship which the fact those were in Second... I was mentioning the first game...
If you wanna start a drama or something (Half joking btw lol, not gonna happen) , then keep digging.......and spoiler alert, they aren't relevant to what we were discussing... So there's no use to bring it up... Only to show that you are pretty .. resentful? For some reason. Hope I use that word right..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone who ****s on Aegislash or Mimikyu will feel the wrath of my ****posting

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I beat Detective Pikachu last night. Was pretty good except for two things:
my only complaint is it felt a bit short. The chapters were all great though and I enjoyed the story conclusion. It’s just a bit disappointing that you don’t learn anything on Harry and there’s a lot left unknown about Pikachu and mewtwo. I guess they are setting up for a sequel but still would have expected Harry to show up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh god. That monster. I put it in the PC once it evolved so it could never harm anyone ever again.
If it's any consolation, Trubbish and Garbodor are almost extinct in Alola because Grimer keep eating them. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of inanimate object Pokémon, Chandelure and Klefki are some of my favorites.

Dhelmise too if you count him, but the Pokédex implies the actual Pokémon is the seaweed, not the jetsam.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Garbodor. Good. Let that ************ burn.

Trubbish. No. My sweet baboo. </3
Honestly I do kind of like Trubbish, mainly because it completes a trio with Grimer and Koffing.

Grimer for water pollution.
Koffing for air pollution.
Trubbish for land pollution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom