• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And you could have just ignored it lol, just saying.
:
Did you miss the part where I was being harassed for a post I made several weeks ago in a completely different thread? If Final Smash Gamer wants to act like a whiny toddler, I'm gonna call him out on it.

I'm not getting into another Pyra debate, but to attack someone because they don't want a character in Smash is borderline insane.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Did you miss the part where I was being harassed for a post I made several weeks ago in a completely different thread? If Final Smash Gamer wants to act like a whiny toddler, I'm gonna call him out on it.

I'm not getting into another Pyra debate, but to attack someone because they don't want a character in Smash is borderline insane.
That was me yesterday with Waluigi.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

To be honest here, yes, and I'm sorry that happened.

And OK... there goes calling someone a toddler... I never like to calling a person out and calling someone in a derogatory term... But I guess that is what happens if you don't give out your opinion properly? Not too sure so don't quote me on that.

And agree with you there, but... don't want a character in Smash Switch just because you don't like a character for trivial reasons is also insane in my opinion.
Edit: attack is not a good thing to do. But Other people giving out rebuttals to your statement shouldn't be regard as "attack".

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That was me yesterday with Waluigi.
Exactly. I'd love to have Waluigi in Smash, but you don't see me harassing users who don't. Yeah I may ask them why, but hey, it's a discussion forum. And I definitely don't go around calling people "beyond stupid" for not wanting him.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Exactly. I'd love to have Waluigi in Smash, but you don't see me harassing users who don't. Yeah I may ask them why, but hey, it's a discussion forum. And I definitely don't go around calling people "beyond stupid" for not wanting him.
And. ... Vice Versa for me, I am actually not too fond with the idea of Waluigi in Smash (reason: too many Mario characters... Sorry) but I don't harass those who want him. Or criticize Waluigi himself. ....even though I don't really like him either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, clearly anyone who doesn't want Wonder-Red in Smash is a big ass J.E.R.K.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
While a port would be nice, you know so people would look at game again for its own merits. I predict in about 10 years, we will have the actual opinion of Zero, meaning all the reactionary **** will have gone away, all those who loved it, will have come to terms with some of the actual problems, not the stuff that was just a fad to hate on.

Really what I'm saying, in away Zero will be vindicated, in that it'll finally have people who like it, for what it was trying to be, instead of having to have those who had the fad of hating Motion controls, and yes hating motion controls was a fad, just like how praising them endlessly was, cause with the current gaming era, we're starting to see proper criticisms for motion controls, as in what worked about them and what didn't

Also I'd rather have a Command sequel, so that we can go back to the universe that has the characters that I fell in love with. Yeah the Zero Universe would give them a better chance to better integrate Krystal and Dinosaur Planet, that still doesn't change the fact Command left a bad taste in a lot fans mouth when it came to the 64-Adventures-Assault-Command continuity.
My main criticisms with Zero were the motion controls, having to split my attention between the screen and gamepad, and that it's another retelling of the Lylat Wars. I still enjoyed the game though, despite some of my issues with the game.

I agree that a Command sequel would be the best thing to come next, but I'm curious which ending they'd run with. The default ending is the 3rd, it ends on a pretty sour note, and you don't even defeat the main antagonist of that run. Whereas the 1st ending is the most "Star Fox" feeling ending, and you actually defeat the game's main antagonist.

I'd love to see a sequel in that timeline that places the 1st ending as the official canon ending, as well as a canon path to get there. I just hope that the next Star Fox game, in terms of gameplay, is able to evolve properly and the series is able to outgrow the shadow 64 left behind. This video here I feel is a great way for the series to be taken, although I think more could be added.

Star Fox Zero was made specifically for the wii U. They’d have to do a major overhaul for it to work on the Switch.
I think it is able to be done though. The non-motion pilot controls already exist within the game, so it wouldn't be hard to remove the gamepad as a controller. The 'Look at the gamepad for precision aiming' could still be done, too. Perhaps a toggle-able secondary screen that pops up over the comms, where you can open it and take control of that screen while still being able to see where you're flying.

Appreciate you both replying to the post. I posted last night, then came back this morning to see no-one replied. I was sad, ha.

D

Deleted member

I don't say that to their faces, but anyone who doesn't want Isaac and Decidueye should clearly get permabanned.
I swear if people take this seriously

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Soooooo....to talk about something else. What did you guys & girls eat lastly? Was it good? Meh? Or bad?

Me, I eated potatoes, meats, carrots and pea (this is how "petit pois" is written in English?...the more you know I guess), it was pretty good and pretty balanced. I ended up taking two plate due how good it was.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
At this point we might be getting PyraBoards for the April's Fool joke. I just find fascinating that whenever she appears on a thread it goes on fire (Get it? Because it's a fire blade...That was terrible)

What about Viewtiful Joe? Lol
Jokes aside, Viewtiful Joe is one of my most wanted characters EVER for Smash (I wonder if I should make a support thread for him), but since his chances are lower than him getting his trilogy completed... Now I'm sad... Why Capcom...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Soooooo....to talk about something else. What did you guys & girls eat lastly? Was it good? Meh? Or bad?

Me, I eated potatoes, meats, carrots and pea (this is how "petit pois" is written in English?...the more you know I guess), it was pretty good and pretty balanced. I ended up taking two plate due how good it was.
I just had some peanut butter.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, I've spent probably way too much time today thinking about the future of Star Fox. Zero's lackluster reception and sales have me worried. Although Miyamoto has stated that he wishes for Fox to be a larger name, and that he'll be putting more energy into the series. I don't think the series is dead, but I really hope we don't have to wait 5+ years for another game. So, two questions:
OR

1) Do you think we'll see Star Fox Zero ported onto the Switch, or maybe a whole new game, within the next 1-2 years? 3+?

2) What do you want to see in either a Star Fox Zero port or a whole new Star Fox game?
Chances are, with Star Fox Zero being so heavily dependent on the Wii U's GamePad, and the fact that it's considered to be one of the worst games of 2016 by some gaming communities, a Switch port will likely never happen for Star Fox Zero.

At best, we could probably hope for a new Star Fox title for the Nintendo Switch, but even that may be considered doubtful.

D

Deleted member

I imagine Buzzwole playing like Bugzzy from Kirby.
Except, y'know, with less cartoony animations.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I’m eating waffles right now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I had cereal and grapes for breakfast.

Get on my level boys and girls.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did you eat something else with it? Like bread or somethin'?
Nah, just peanut butter.

Needed to head out early today and the twisty-tie thing on the bread wasn't worth my time. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m eating waffles right now.
Hey, I love waffles! Especially with some sugar on it. It's delicious!
Nah, just peanut butter.

Needed to head out early today and the twisty-tie thing on the bread wasn't worth my time. :p
Oh, OK.

While I don't eat peanut butter myself. I just founded that weird that you would eat something like peanut butter without mixing it with something else. Though, maybe that's just me. And by that, I mean, definitly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
An issue? they just have to cover those part to prevent Smash 4 get "partial nudity" claim since it's already E10+ when she gets in Smash 4.

And again, it's just mere speculation at this point, you can stick to your opinion but don't treat it as a fact, it can't get to anywhere. You are just clearly showing your bias, which is okay... I guess... just say you don't like Pyra and hope she gets heavily censored to the part that it's significantly different from her original game.
Again, you're not using CERO who Sakurai has expressed were rather difficult. This isn't even about me not liking Xenoblade 2. I like Corrin in Smash despite hating Corrin's character and I adore Bayonetta yet they changed despite being not being as bad and again, THARJA'S TROPHY GOT CUT. Pyra WILL get changed, whether she's wear more, get a breast reduction, I don't know, but if she gets in it WILL happen, I'm not arguing they CAN'T add her, so this isn't even about my opinion

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll never really understand why of all the 7th generation Pokemon, people want Decidueye as a Smash Bros. fighter. I know that it got a playable appearance in Pokken Tournament DX, but there really isn't anything about it that would be considered special. It's just another starter Pokemon, but it can't mega evolve like Charizard, and Battle Bond is exclusive to Greninja. And the biggest nail in the coffin right now is the lack of an anime appearance, and being far less popular than its very first form, Rowlet.

Personally, I think that an Ultra Beast would be a better option for a playable 7th generation Pokemon. I mean, we have at least two Ultra Beasts who would fit the bill, and they possess the Beast Boost ability, which could have some potential as a new mechanic, though some balancing measures would have to be taken along the way.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Chances are, with Star Fox Zero being so heavily dependent on the Wii U's GamePad, and the fact that it's considered to be one of the worst games of 2016 by some gaming communities, a Switch port will likely never happen for Star Fox Zero.

At best, we could probably hope for a new Star Fox title for the Nintendo Switch, but even that may be considered doubtful.
Awesome, another response. Much appreciated.

If they opt not to, I can't say I blame them. I just hope its sales don't hurt the series too much, and that Nintendo learns what went wrong. Motion controls and dealing with the gamepad weren't popular, and it didn't help that the game came out on a dying system, anyways.

One thing to note is how positive the reaction was to Star Fox 2 being released with the SNES Mini. I'm not saying Star Fox 2 is what sold the thing, but I'm hoping Nintendo saw the positive reaction and realized that strong interest in Star Fox does still exist. I could see them try to test the waters with porting Star Fox 64 or some other title to the Switch, should the Virtual Console make a comeback within the near future. Then, if the controls work out, maybe start working on a new title.

I'm confident that Zero isn't the end of Star Fox, as Miyamoto has stated that he wished Fox was a bigger name, and that he'll be putting forth more energy into the series in the future. I just hope that it hasn't created another five-year drought until we possibly see anything for the series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll never really understand why of all the 7th generation Pokemon, people want Decidueye as a Smash Bros. fighter. I know that it got a playable appearance in Pokken Tournament DX, but there really isn't anything about it that would be considered special. It's just another starter Pokemon, but it can't mega evolve like Charizard, and Battle Bond is exclusive to Greninja. And the biggest nail in the coffin right now is the lack of an anime appearance, and being far less popular than its very first form, Rowlet.

Personally, I think that an Ultra Beast would be a better option for a playable 7th generation Pokemon. I mean, we have at least two Ultra Beasts who would fit the bill, and they possess the Beast Boost ability, which could have some potential as a new mechanic, though some balancing measures would have to be taken along the way.
I want a full blown archer in Smash, owls are neat, and Grass and Ghost are some of my favorite Pokémon types.

So Decidueye is basically perfect for me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Two reasons

1. Ghost Owl Archer is a neat concept
  2. The big one: Theming.
Basically, there's a fully evolved Fire Starter and Water Starter so the human brain, in it's search for patterns, desires a Fully Evolved Grass Starter to complete it.
See also, Waluigi completing the M/Wario Bros, Daisy completing the Princesses and Chrom completing the Awakening protagonists.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Buzzwole though...
Can't really see Buzzwole getting in over Decidueye, Incineroar, or even Mimikyu.

I know oddball picks are par for the course in Smash, but Pokemon reps tend to be the most predictable of any series. Sure there's been some hiccups along the way (Sceptile, Zoroark), but plenty of people saw Greninja coming, and everyone and their mothers knew we were getting Lucario in Brawl and Mewtwo in Melee.

The only times we've gotten the weirder ones (Pokemon Trainer, Pichu) were in games where the more obvious newcomer was in, as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Awesome, another response. Much appreciated.

If they opt not to, I can't say I blame them. I just hope its sales don't hurt the series too much, and that Nintendo learns what went wrong. Motion controls and dealing with the gamepad weren't popular, and it didn't help that the game came out on a dying system, anyways.

One thing to note is how positive the reaction was to Star Fox 2 being released with the SNES Mini. I'm not saying Star Fox 2 is what sold the thing, but I'm hoping Nintendo saw the positive reaction and realized that strong interest in Star Fox does still exist. I could see them try to test the waters with porting Star Fox 64 or some other title to the Switch, should the Virtual Console make a comeback within the near future. Then, if the controls work out, maybe start working on a new title.

I'm confident that Zero isn't the end of Star Fox, as Miyamoto has stated that he wished Fox was a bigger name, and that he'll be putting forth more energy into the series in the future. I just hope that it hasn't created another five-year drought until we possibly see anything for the series.
All that I know is that when you look at Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, it never received a Switch port. Instead, Nintendo decided to make a completely new Mario Tennis title for the Switch, likely because the reception that Ultra Smash received was very bad as a whole, and as such, there was literally no reason to be making a Switch port for it.

A similar dilemma could happen with Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom