• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'll never really understand why of all the 7th generation Pokemon, people want Decidueye as a Smash Bros. fighter.
Speaking for myself here, but
  1. It's my favorite grass starter, favorite grass type, favorite alola starter, favorite alola Pokemon, second favorite starter, and 3rd favorite Pokemon overall
  2. I think it could have a very unique moveset by having a moveset that mostly revolves around shooting arrows
  3. Very minor, but completing the type triangle would be neat
I know that it got a playable appearance in Pokken Tournament DX, but there really isn't anything about it that would be considered special. It's just another starter Pokemon, but it can't mega evolve like Charizard, and Battle Bond is exclusive to Greninja. And the biggest nail in the coffin right now is the lack of an anime appearance, and being far less popular than its very first form, Rowlet.
A Pokemon doesn't have to be "special" in order for people to want it in Smash.
People typically support characters that they like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'll never really understand why of all the 7th generation Pokemon, people want Decidueye as a Smash Bros. fighter. I know that it got a playable appearance in Pokken Tournament DX, but there really isn't anything about it that would be considered special. It's just another starter Pokemon, but it can't mega evolve like Charizard, and Battle Bond is exclusive to Greninja. And the biggest nail in the coffin right now is the lack of an anime appearance, and being far less popular than its very first form, Rowlet.

Personally, I think that an Ultra Beast would be a better option for a playable 7th generation Pokemon. I mean, we have at least two Ultra Beasts who would fit the bill, and they possess the Beast Boost ability, which could have some potential as a new mechanic, though some balancing measures would have to be taken along the way.
You do realize Greninja was selected for Smash based entirely on concept art, and none of that stuff even existed at the time of its selection, correct?

Things that happened in the anime and a lack of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond means absolutely nothing. Given that the series mascot doesn't even have a Mega Evolution at this point, I can't even fathom why you'd think that's a requirement. Or why the significantly less-popular Ultra Beasts would be a better or likelier choice.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love when people expect random irrelevant non-starter Pokemon to get into Smash. Gee, I wonder what irrelevant little pink puffball started that. Granted, at least she was a break out on the anime/cartoon at the time of her being added in.

Mimikyu is the only Gen 7 who has any chance of getting with Decidueye or instead of it. And that's simply because it's the other break out and is connected to Pikachu, the you know actual mascot of the franchise.

D

Deleted member

Like I'm not saying Decidueye is without a doubt the most likely Pokemon newcomer (too many people are taking him for granted imo), but he is the one I want.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Again, you're not using CERO who Sakurai has expressed were rather difficult. This isn't even about me not liking Xenoblade 2. I like Corrin in Smash despite hating Corrin's character and I adore Bayonetta yet they changed despite being not being as bad and again, THARJA'S TROPHY GOT CUT. Pyra WILL get changed, whether she's wear more, get a breast reduction, I don't know, but if she gets in it WILL happen, I'm not arguing they CAN'T add her, so this isn't even about my opinion
Ok, but I brought up a proper explanation of ratings that by another user. And how is Sakurai even a matter of this? Can you give me the source and proper explanation?
Again, I think clothing tweaks will happen, but now mentioning breast reduction...? I don't think so. Talking a bit out of league on my opinion.

And I want to agree with you that this isn't a matter of you disliking Xenoblade 2 but from how you are so persistent on censoring Pyra, at least from what I am reading now, it is... Sorry...

All in all, this discussion is a wrap because this is just mere speculation at this point.
Poor Marina

I'll eat kettle corn here and there, but who'll pick that over good ol' buttery?
Um... My brothers they like sweet popcorn.

And if current NA Splatfest is brought over to Europe, soccer (or football) will destroy baseball.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's essentially Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Sakurai somehow was given concept art of a Gen 8 Pokemon from Pokemon Switch.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Can't really see Buzzwole getting in over Decidueye, Incineroar, or even Mimikyu.

I know oddball picks are par for the course in Smash, but Pokemon reps tend to be the most predictable of any series. Sure there's been some hiccups along the way (Sceptile, Zoroark), but plenty of people saw Greninja coming, and everyone and their mothers knew we were getting Lucario in Brawl and Mewtwo in Melee.

The only times we've gotten the weirder ones (Pokemon Trainer, Pichu) were in games where the more obvious newcomer was in, as well.
I’m not saying Buzzwole is a shoein I’m just saying it woukd be much cooler than Decidueye.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I never predict a Pokémon nor do I put them in my wishlist. With over 800 mons and no clear pattern on who gets in, I believe it's completely impossible to predict correctly.

Remember Zoroark had a good chance?

Remember Sceptile was a shoe-in because of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, Pokkén Tournament, AND to "complete" the Grass/Fire/Water starter triangle?

Me neither

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
All that I know is that when you look at Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, it never received a Switch port. Instead, Nintendo decided to make a completely new Mario Tennis title for the Switch, likely because the reception that Ultra Smash received was very bad as a whole, and as such, there was literally no reason to be making a Switch port for it.

A similar dilemma could happen with Star Fox.
You make a valid point, actually. I wasn't familiar with that happened with Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. It gives me a slight spark of hope, but at the same time, it doesn't.

The thing is that Mario is, in just about every way, shape, and form, bigger than Star Fox. One failed Mario Tennis game likely wouldn't kill off that spin-off series. Whereas Star Fox has been struggling for some time now, and likely isn't able to recover as easily as a Mario spin-off can.

Hopefully, they'll look at Zero the same way they did with Ultra Smash, realize what went wrong, and continue on.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'll never really understand why of all the 7th generation Pokemon, people want Decidueye as a Smash Bros. fighter. I know that it got a playable appearance in Pokken Tournament DX, but there really isn't anything about it that would be considered special. It's just another starter Pokemon, but it can't mega evolve like Charizard, and Battle Bond is exclusive to Greninja. And the biggest nail in the coffin right now is the lack of an anime appearance, and being far less popular than its very first form, Rowlet.

Personally, I think that an Ultra Beast would be a better option for a playable 7th generation Pokemon. I mean, we have at least two Ultra Beasts who would fit the bill, and they possess the Beast Boost ability, which could have some potential as a new mechanic, though some balancing measures would have to be taken along the way.
It provides a dedicated Archer archetype much like Green Arrow in Injustice. It could also set up numerous traps with Spirit shackle making it excellent at controlling the stage.
Z-Move is an obvious Final Smash.
Greninja had nothing going for it when it was selected. Sakurai just liked how it looked.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok, but I brought up a proper explanation of ratings that by another user. And how is Sakurai even a matter of this? Can you give me the source and proper explanation?
Again, I think clothing tweaks will happen, but now mentioning breast reduction...? I don't think so. Talking a bit out of league on my opinion.

And I want to agree with you that this isn't a matter of you disliking Xenoblade 2 but from how you are so persistent on censoring Pyra, at least from what I am reading now, it is... Sorry...

All in all, this discussion is a wrap because this is just mere speculation at this point.

Um... My brothers they like sweet popcorn.

And if current NA Splatfest is brought over to Europe, soccer (or football) will destroy baseball.
**** this, if you genuinely think the fact I'm not interested in Xenoblade 2 means I'm too biased to discuss this Mr. "HOW DARE YOU MAKE A DAISY JOKE ABOUT THE BLADE WITH THREE EYES" Mario then **** it, I'll shut up

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
At this point we might be getting PyraBoards for the April's Fool joke. I just find fascinating that whenever she appears on a thread it goes on fire (Get it? Because it's a fire blade...That was terrible)
And it a fire on oil... With more oils being put on the fire... You get what I meant...
Some people just think criticizing Pyra is a "cool" thing to do here unfortunately.
I wonder what will happen if I bash Fire Emblem. ... (JK guys, never gonna do that)
Jokes aside, Viewtiful Joe is one of my most wanted characters EVER for Smash (I wonder if I should make a support thread for him), but since his chances are lower than him getting his trilogy completed... Now I'm sad... Why Capcom...
Hey, Megaman is in Smash so, not far fetched I guess?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You do realize Greninja was selected for Smash based entirely on concept art, and none of that stuff even existed at the time of its selection, correct?

Things that happened in the anime and a lack of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond means absolutely nothing.
You do have a point there, and maybe I'm just saying this because I'm not a fan of Decidueye. We'll just have to wait and see how the next Smash Bros. installment handles its next new Pokemon rep (if there is one), and so far, the debut of the Ultra Beasts could give us something that none of the Pokemon reps to date have in their arsenal.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No one
Oh my god, I thought the face that Marx make in Star Allies when he fire his lazer was made up.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier to be wrong.:laugh:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mimikyu is a far better concept than Incineroar and one of the most clever things Pokemon has done in a long ass time.

They tried so hard to just rip-off Pikachu each generation to mimic it's cuteness, until they realize ''Hey! That's what we do! We create a rip-off Pikachu" and now it's one of the most popular non-starters in a long ass while.

Pokemon who is secretly scary, but just wants to be loved like like the lovable mascot? Genius.

Flaming muscle cat Pokemon? Not so much. Cool, but not really all that impressive as a concept.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh my god, I thought the face that Marx make in Star Allies when he fire his lazer was made up.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier to be wrong.:laugh:
That's the face he makes when he's ranting about capitalism

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
**** this, if you genuinely think the fact I'm not interested in Xenoblade 2 means I'm too biased to discuss this Mr. "HOW DARE YOU MAKE A DAISY JOKE ABOUT THE BLADE WITH THREE EYES" Mario then **** it, I'll shut up
Okay, just say you are interested in Xenoblade 2 in the first place.... Sorry, it was because you used to criticize XC2 back in thew day (remember that quest?) so.. Yeah.. Please don't blame on that.

And chill. We are talking something that has no conclusion, why do you have to mad? (insert the "it's only game. Why do you have to be mad meme" ... Hope it cheers you up)
Mega Man: Video game icon

Viewtiful Joe: (Relatively) obscure video game character from a dead series
Wasn't Megaman also a bit "dead" too? No too sure though.

And is Viewtiful Joe obscure? Maybe not at least in the Nintendo community.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I still think Incineroar would be the more unique option in Smash.

Decidueye would be cool, but it would basically be just another projectile zoner, which Smash has plently of. He could make things unique, fun and cool-looking, but in the end, he'd just be part of a general archetype that is already well-represented.

Incineroar would most likely be a true grappler, something Smash has never had in the nearly 20 years it existed. Closest things are Bowser and Ganondorf, and even then, they're only half-grapplers. And we know that archetype can work in Smash thanks to Paco in Brawlout and Luffy in SSF2.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Nintendo community is an echo chamber and I don't even see him being discussed frequently here.
But he was mention quite often when it comes to Smash newcomers right?

Anyhow, for some people that might be a long shot, and they are not wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Decidueye would be cool, but it would basically be just another projectile zoner, which Smash has plently of. He could make things unique, fun and cool-looking, but in the end, he'd just be part of an archetype that is already well-represented.

Incineroar would most likely be a true grappler, something Smash has never had in the nearly 20 years it existed. Closest things are Bowser and Ganondorf, and even then, they're only half-grapplers. And we know that archetype can work in Smash thanks to Paco in Brawlout and Luffy in SSF2.
There's another character that I want that can fill the grappler archetype, but he's never happening.
Incineroar is probably my 2nd favorite of the realistic options.

Mimikyu is a far better concept than Incineroar and one of the most clever things Pokemon has done in a long *** time.

They tried so hard to just rip-off Pikachu each generation to mimic it's cuteness, until they realize ''Hey! That's what we do! We create a rip-off Pikachu" and now it's one of the most popular non-starters in a long *** while.

Pokemon who is secretly scary, but just wants to be loved like like the lovable mascot? Genius.
You forgot to mention that it looks like an air sickness bag that was made to look like Pikachu by a 4 year old

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Some people just think criticizing Pyra is a "cool" thing to do here unfortunately.
She's a frontrunner for a newcomer in Smash. She's going to get discussed a lot and people will mention her design among other things.

Add Fiora and Mumkhar instead you cowards

FeelsBadMan

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Decidueye would be cool, but it would basically be just another projectile zoner, which Smash has plently of. He could make things unique, fun and cool-looking, but in the end, he'd just be part of a general archetype that is already well-represented.

Here's the thing though.

Smash has never tried at it's core to be your typical fighting game. So when people get so hung up on ''grapplers" and various other types of fighting game characters it confounds me.

Because you know in your heart of hearts, Sakurai is not going to view ''Typical fighting game archtype" as the most creative addition to the roster. This is the man who look at the pasty ass host mannequin of Nintendo's fitness series and went ''Ah, yes, perfect."

Dedicated archer in a fighter or ''typical wrestling grappler brute".

Deep down ask yourself who Sakurai is more likely to gravitate towards knowing his past history.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay, just say you are interested in Xenoblade 2 in the first place....
**** that noise, I have to be interested in a game I have zero desire to play to be deemed as credible but the Xenoblade 2 fanboy who constantly posts about it, complained about review scores and whined at the 'lol they gave Daisy a redesign' joke is as credible as one can be?
Mega Man: Video game icon

Son of a ***** I would post the Mebius crying scene but my phone refuses to load it

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But he was mention quite often when it comes to Smash newcomers right?

Anyhow, for some people that might be a long shot, and they are not wrong.
Honestly, I feel like Phoenix Wright has better chances than Joe.

Third-party companies would probably prefer picking a character from an ongoing and still popular franchise (Ace Attorney) rather than pick something from a dead franchise that hasn't seen a game in 13 years and was made by a subsidary that was shut down 11 years ago (Viewtiful Joe)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's another character that I want that can fill the grappler archetype, but he's never happening.
Incineroar is probably my 2nd favorite of the realistic options.

You forgot to mention that it looks like an air sickness bag that was made to look like Pikachu by a 4 year old
Ah, you mean part of it's whole charm?

Honestly. It's a great great great concept. You legit have a Pokemon who is so horrifying but he's secretly just wanting to be loved so he found a piece of trash and threw it over himself to make himself look like a clumsy Pikachu rip-off.

You can say that's bad design, but it's truly not. Especially when you look at **** like Pichu, Plulse and Minun, Emolga, Dedenne, who were so obviously the ''HERE TAKE ANOTHER CUTE CHUBBY RODENT AND LOVE IT PLEASE."

It's Nintendo taking it's try hardness at mimicking the mascot and subverting it on it's head and it's brilliant.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
D

Deleted member

Ah, you mean part of it's whole charm?

Honestly. It's a great great great concept. You legit have a Pokemon who is so horrifying but he's secretly just wanting to be loved so he found a piece of trash and threw it over himself to make himself look like a clumsy Pikachu rip-off.

You can say that's bad design, but it's truly not. Especially when you look at **** like Pichu, Plulse and Minun, Emolga, Dedenne, who were so obviously the ''HERE TAKE ANOTHER CUTE CHUBBY RODENT AND LOVE IT PLEASE."

It's Nintendo taking it's try hardness at mimicking the mascot and subverting it on it's head and it's brilliant.
The air sickness bag part bothers me more than the Pikachu part, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
*** that noise, I have to be interested in a game I have zero desire to play to be deemed as credible but the Xenoblade 2 fanboy who constantly posts about it, complained about review scores and whined at the 'lol they gave Daisy a redesign' joke is as credible as one can be?
Wow, one user has already get called out for bringing up old complaints, now you do too?
And not to mention you bring up my INITIAL complaint when it comes to review scores yikes, keep up the update please. Now I actually agreed on some of the reviews, but I still consider the some scores are heavily underrated. Even to you is complaint, this is nothing to do with what we were discussing, nice to make it off topic.

I already admit I am a Xenoblade fanboy, what can you do about it?
And was Daisy in Xenoblade 2? Didn't know about that...

And bruh, chill and keep it clean lol. You may dislike and have grudge on me but at least keep your words chill.

Okay... I also found this pic very very hilarious @Final Smash Gamer
I am a huge fan of Rush Hour.... Because of Jackie Chan.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
MY TITLE ACCIDENTALLY PREDICTED THE FUTURE.

BE RIGHT BACK.
IS OPO A MONADO BOY?!?
MetalFaceHeadSSB4-U.png

'CUZ HE CAN SEE THE FUTUUUUUUUREEEEEEEEEEE.
Wow, one user has already get called out for mentioning old stuff, now you do too?
And not to mention you bring up my INITIAL complaint when it comes to review scores yikes, keep up the update please. Now I actually agreed on some of the reviews, but I still consider the some scores are heavily underrated. Even to you is complaint, this is nothing to do with what we were discussing, nice to make it off topic.

I already admit I am a Xenoblade fanboy, what can you do about it?
And was Daisy in Xenoblade 2? Didn't know about that...

And bruh, chill and keep it clean lol. You may dislike and have grudge on me but at least keep your words chill.

Okay... I also found this pic very very hilarious @Final Smash Gamer
Woah, we finally can talk about Morag now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom