• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Pokemon shouldn't count in this since Poke Balls exist.
The original assist trophies, and fam, I can tell you, there are a lot more Pokeball Pokemon than assist trophies.

Yeah but there's nothing stopping Pokemon from getting an AT like a human character doing something on the battlefield.
Lmfao. Professor Oak? Officer Jenny? Nurse Joy? Bruh.

D

Deleted member

Sonic. For the love of god, Sonic.
I only dislike fighting a few characters, and Sonic is one
Sonic is probably my second least favorite character to fight.
Sonic can be a little easy in For Glory, but when you find a good Sonic ( which is extremely rare )..... O_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Lmfao. Professor Oak? Officer Jenny? Nurse Joy? Bruh.
Sabrina could use her psychic powers to aid the player or even attack all enemies in the battlefield.

Chuck could also be an AT tossing his weights at the opponent.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Even series that are considered big by Nintendo like Pokemon and Fire Emblem are very scarce when it comes to AT's; the former having no AT's at all. I wouldn't look in to that much.
Well, yeah, I would think Pokemon wouldn't get ATs when there's an item that basically serves the same function, only specifically for Pokemon.

:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

Tom: "So, did I do better than Marco?"
PHRASING PLEASE.

Also, a human character from Pokemon as an AT would be completely pointless. The whole game is designed around the Pokemon and not even Pokemon Trainer fought in Brawl. Like, what can trainers even do besides ordering Pokemon around?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I have a question. What character do you dislike fighting the most in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U?
I dislike fighting :4bayonetta:the most out of everyone else.

I am not saying get rid of Bayonetta or ban her, just.... she is so strong. :p

Bayonetta should never be banned nor removed from Smash for Switch.
From the brief time I got to play at a friend's birthday party...I also dislike fighting Mayonesa...I mean, Bayonetta, along with Paletuna and King Surely You Jestin'.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
PHRASING PLEASE.

Also, a human character from Pokemon as an AT would be completely pointless. The whole game is designed around the Pokemon and not even Pokemon Trainer fought in Brawl. Like, what can trainers even do besides ordering Pokemon around?
If I was a Pokemon Trainer, I would get in there and scrap with the Pokemon myself.

You say that, but have you ever been to the safari zone? You throw rocks/mud at those clowns. The next logical step is to be creative and use your Pokeflute as a blunt object or spray potion in their eyes, anything for the win.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Is the thread title alluding to WaluigiBoards two days from now?

Or is it just Opo and his thread title changing ways?
Well, yeah, I would think Pokemon wouldn't get ATs when there's an item that basically serves the same function, only specifically for Pokemon.

:rolleyes:
See my other post. I pitched the idea of having a human character from PKMN as an AT.

D

Deleted member

From the brief time I got to play at a friend's birthday party...I also dislike fighting Mayonesa...I mean, Bayonetta, along with Paletuna and King Surely You Jestin'.
So :4bayonetta::4palutena::4dedede:?

Finding a Palutena in For Glory is extremely rare, so I have little advice. Just try not to get up air'd.

King Dedede looks scary, but just play more patient. Do not let him get his slow and powerful attacks on you and punish him hard, considering Dedede is combo food.

The characters I dislike fighting are :4bayonetta::4sonic::4link:.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
See my other post. I pitched the idea of having a human character from PKMN as an AT.
Why does Pokemon need Assist Trophies when it already has an item dedicated to it that serves the same function?

I get what you're saying, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Chrono.

Hey y'all.

Girlfriend's having a pretty major surgery today. Removing parts of her liver, gall bladder, and some parts she probably doesn't want me broadcasting.

Gonna be some five to six hours long in the operating room, and even if it all goes as planned it'll be a pretty rough recovery to boot.

People of Nintenzone.

Send her your power.
\o/

Hoping she comes out of it well.
PHRASING PLEASE.

I remember ages ago in the early Brawl days people making up movesets for Red.

It was stuff like "Bicycle for Side B, Fishing Rod as a tether grab" it was hokey af even back then.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, I kinda wish the April Fools joke is a huge mind**** where SquidBoards and SmashBoards basically just switch their look :p

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't why that fact kind of scares me...
Embrace your meme overlord.
Why does Pokemon need Assist Trophies when it already has an item dedicated to it that serves the same function?

I get what you're saying, but it still doesn't make much sense.
It doesn't need to have them but it can. I was just throwing the idea out of human characters as an AT.

D

Deleted member

Any good advice on fighting Link? It is interesting to hear all of your opinions on this subject.

This is good advice for fighting a For Glory Link. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think this year's April Fools should be a massive swerve and have no April Fools joke at all.

Then throughout the entire day people will be wondering what the joke is and why it hasn't started.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a question. What character do you dislike fighting the most in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U?
I dislike fighting :4bayonetta:the most out of everyone else.

I am not saying get rid of Bayonetta or ban her, just.... she is so strong. :p

Bayonetta should never be banned nor removed from Smash for Switch.
A tough question, considering that I never really did much online matches. I will say that I'd hate to be on the receiving end of Giga Mac's assaults.

Morbi

Scavenger
Any good advice on fighting Link? It is interesting to hear all of your opinions on this subject.

This is good advice for fighting a For Glory Link. :p
Normally my advice is to play the character yourself, that gives you a chance to learn their weaknesses and see, first-hand, how the opponent tries to counter you; however, Link is literally one of my characters and I still have difficulty fighting him. He is broken at lower levels, I tell you.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've wondered for a while what it'd be like if Sakurai had chosen trainers over Pokemon in SSB64. Red and Blue would've been playable over :pikachu64::jigglypuff64:. Don't know if transformations would've worked, but the trainer could've had Pokemon appear for different attacks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How many of you guys even use SquidBoards?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sleeping in a hospital waiting room sucks, but man, I needed it.

Good news so far though. Surgery part one went well, surgery part two to follow.

Shout-outs to the people who've sent support over the last few hours. I'd tag you all if I weren't mobile and hug you all if it weren't through the internet.

*insert Oprah here*
You get cancer. You get cancer. Everybody gets cancer.
Hoooooo boy.

So...the coffee thing is stone cold imbecillic. I get where the judge is coming from - too much caution versus not enough - but stone cold imbecillic nonetheless.

But, uh.

Cancer jokes falling just a little flat today, won't lie.

That's what they've been taking out of my girlfriend for the last few hours.

Sidenote, ain't trying to single you out per se Ivander, yours was just the first I scrolled to.

D

Deleted member

Sleeping in a hospital waiting room sucks, but man, I needed it.

Good news so far though. Surgery part one went well, surgery part two to follow.

Shout-outs to the people who've sent support over the last few hours. I'd tag you all if I weren't mobile and hug you all if it weren't through the internet.
I really hope the second surgery goes out well for your girlfriend. My parents are still in the hospital on my grandfather, but at least my grandfather did well. It pains to see your loved one hurt, hopefully she recovers soon. :)
-hugs you-
Hoooooo boy.

So...the coffee thing is stone cold imbecillic. I get where the judge is coming from - too much caution versus not enough - but stone cold imbecillic nonetheless.

But, uh.

Cancer jokes falling just a little flat today, won't lie.

That's what they've been taking out of my girlfriend for the last few hours.

Sidenote, ain't trying to single you out per se Ivander, yours was just the first I scrolled to.
I agree that cancer jokes are mean.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally got 100% completion in Kirby Star Allies today by beating the Soul Melter difficulty in the Ultimate Choice.

I got to admit, this is the first True Arena-like mode that gave me trouble in a long while, but that's because there was no Archer Kirby to help me cheap my way through it. It took me about eight tries to finally beat it.

I used Hammer Kirby, with Burning Leo, King Dedede, and Chef Kawasaki as my allies. Burning Leo gave the flame power-up for both Hammer Kirby and King Dedede, while Chef Kawasaki was there for the healing potential every now and then.

The only earlier battles that I can recall giving me some difficulty were the ones where you fight the mini-bosses. I found them to be surprisingly more chaotic than usual, especially when fighting the Twin Mr. Frosties and Twin Vivdrias. Meta Knight and Twin Krackos were also a pain to deal with. Meta Knight got more difficult when his clones dragged on fighting on their own, and Twin Krackos had those dual rain and lightning attacks that required me to test my patience and wait for the attack to finish or find an opening to hide in and hopefully attack when the option was available.

As for the final set of brothers, the three Jambastion Mages were easy to deal with, and Hyness didn't give me as much trouble as last time. Morpho Knight was difficult to deal with though, especially in the second phase when it uses the that buzzing attack that can steal your allies.

The Void Termina fight was difficult this time around, and I was grateful for that considering how easy it was in the story. The punch attack in the first phase now sends out five waves instead of three, which means you can't just avoid it by moving to the side. Instead, you have to move back until you can find a clear opening to go through. The shockwave attack when he jumps on the ground was also harder to dodge, now that multiple waves are released closer to each other. Nothing was different about the heart phase, but the bird phase was definitely one of the harder parts. The the lightning attack can get pretty chaotic, to the point some might appear in front of you which then require you to jump. The laser attack was more challenging, and it was one of that was giving me the most damage before fighting Void Soul. I ended up learning when to jump in order to avoid taking too much damage before the next phase that was to come.

Void Soul definitely put up a good fight. I was very close to beating it in my first run of the Soul Melter, but I died when it used that multi-laser attack towards the end. This time, I was more prepared. I played quite defensively when it first used that ally-steal attack as well as the wheel-like orb attack and that one move when it splits itself and starts jumping everywhere. I accidentally found myself in the water when it used that one laser attack, but I got out in time for the second and did as much damage as I could once it returned to the water. I also learned that you could wipe out those mini Voids before they did their inhalation attack, so it made that part of the fight easier. It only had a sliver of health by the time it went for the multi-laser attack, but I managed to avoid it by staying around the center of the screen when the lasers were fired. When it returned, I finally dealt the finishing blow to kill Void Soul once and for all.

What I found to be surprising is that completing all the puzzle pictures is not required for 100% completion. The only puzzle pieces you need to collect are the rainbow pieces found in secret parts of the level; the rest are optional and are not required to achieve 100% completion. This caught me by surprise since past Kirby games required you to collect even the "generic" secrets as well if you wanted to fully beat the game (in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, you needed to obtain all the generic key chains/stickers respectively as part of the overall completion).

Looking back at this game, Kirby: Star Allies is an alright entry. The ally feature works well and even paves the way for some interesting mixups with the ability combinations that come from it. The graphics were fantastic, and the music was solid too. The levels were nice but could've had more effort put into them, and the story was average + a downgrade from the past Kirby games. It is also one of the easiest Kirby games I played; accumulating lives is really easy here, and so does most things with the allies. The only parts that gave me trouble were the Soul Melter difficulty of the Ultimate Choice and that chopping mini-game on the highest difficulty.

It's not a Kirby game I'm likely to replay, but for those that like multiplayer games/any game that lets you play with your friends, it's worth it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I am not fresh enough and even if I were, Splatoon fans are a bit too cringey for my taste.
I was just never able to get in to Splatoon. The premise of the game just doesn't sound interesting to me.

Thought for the game to be successful as it has it has to be doing something right.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will gladly keep supporting you redfeatherraven redfeatherraven , I think everyone else will support you as well. :)
You can't have April Fools Day without everyone's most infamous man in purple though...

Now, if only SmashBoards could do it just once...
WaluigiBoards would be hype yet..... "interesting".

Morbi

Scavenger
Finally got 100% completion in Kirby Star Allies today by beating the Soul Melter difficulty in the Ultimate Choice.

I got to admit, this is the first True Arena-like mode that gave me trouble in a long while, but that's because there was no Archer Kirby to help me cheap my way through it. It took me about eight tries to finally beat it.

I used Hammer Kirby, with Burning Leo, King Dedede, and Chef Kawasaki as my allies. Burning Leo gave the flame power-up for both Hammer Kirby and King Dedede, while Chef Kawasaki was there for the healing potential every now and then.

The only earlier battles that I can recall giving me some difficulty were the ones where you fight the mini-bosses. I found them to be surprisingly more chaotic than usual, especially when fighting the Twin Mr. Frosties and Twin Vivdrias. Meta Knight and Twin Krackos were also a pain to deal with. Meta Knight got more difficult when his clones dragged on fighting on their own, and Twin Krackos had those dual rain and lightning attacks that required me to test my patience and wait for the attack to finish or find an opening to hide in and hopefully attack when the option was available.

As for the final set of brothers, the three Jambastion Mages were easy to deal with, and Hyness didn't give me as much trouble as last time. Morpho Knight was difficult to deal with though, especially in the second phase when it uses the that buzzing attack that can steal your allies.

The Void Termina fight was difficult this time around, and I was grateful for that considering how easy it was in the story. The punch attack in the first phase now sends out five waves instead of three, which means you can't just avoid it by moving to the side. Instead, you have to move back until you can find a clear opening to go through. The shockwave attack when he jumps on the ground was also harder to dodge, now that multiple waves are released closer to each other. Nothing was different about the heart phase, but the bird phase was definitely one of the harder parts. The the lightning attack can get pretty chaotic, to the point some might appear in front of you which then require you to jump. The laser attack was more challenging, and it was one of that was giving me the most damage before fighting Void Soul. I ended up learning when to jump in order to avoid taking too much damage before the next phase that was to come.

Void Soul definitely put up a good fight. I was very close to beating it in my first run of the Soul Melter, but I died when it used that multi-laser attack towards the end. This time, I was more prepared. I played quite defensively when it first used that ally-steal attack as well as the wheel-like orb attack and that one move when it splits itself and starts jumping everywhere. I accidentally found myself in the water when it used that one laser attack, but I got out in time for the second and did as much damage as I could once it returned to the water. I also learned that you could wipe out those mini Voids before they did their inhalation attack, so it made that part of the fight easier. It only had a sliver of health by the time it went for the multi-laser attack, but I managed to avoid it by staying around the center of the screen when the lasers were fired. When it returned, I finally dealt the finishing blow to kill Void Soul once and for all.

What I found to be surprising is that completing all the puzzle pictures is not required for 100% completion. The only puzzle pieces you need to collect are the rainbow pieces found in secret parts of the level; the rest are optional and are not required to achieve 100% completion. This caught me by surprise since past Kirby games required you to collect even the "generic" secrets as well if you wanted to fully beat the game (in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, you needed to obtain all the generic key chains/stickers respectively as part of the overall completion).

Looking back at this game, Kirby: Star Allies is an alright entry. The ally feature works well and even paves the way for some interesting mixups with the ability combinations that come from it. The graphics were fantastic, and the music was solid too. The levels were nice but could've had more effort put into them, and the story was average + a downgrade from the past Kirby games. It is also one of the easiest Kirby games I played; accumulating lives is really easy here, and so does most things with the allies. The only parts that gave me trouble were the Soul Melter difficulty of the Ultimate Choice and that chopping mini-game on the highest difficulty.

It's not a Kirby game I'm likely to replay, but for those that like multiplayer games/any game that lets you play with your friends, it's worth it.
That is basically the only reason I would consider it (co-op); however, last time, I tried Yarn Kirby or whatever, yeah, the crushingly easy difficulty turned me off from the series permanently, I am afraid.

D

Deleted member

Star vs spoilers
How the **** did Ms.Heinous go from "evul arc villain" to "saturday morning villain" and now to "tragic backstory villain"? I mean, damn, kinda hard to not feel sorry for her even though she's being a huge ****ing ****

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
On to lighter fare.

How many of you guys even use SquidBoards?
I did when it first released.

Haven't been by recently though.

I think this year's April Fools should be a massive swerve and have no April Fools joke at all.

Then throughout the entire day people will be wondering what the joke is and why it hasn't started.
Heh.

That might legit be the most effective prank ever.

Doubt it'd be the best received though.

Splatoon fans are a bit too cringey for my taste.
...eh.

Cringey's not the worst thing I've been called today.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was just never able to get in to Splatoon. The premise of the game just doesn't sound interesting to me.

Thought for the game to be successful as it has it has to be doing something right.
I actually really enjoyed the game, because I play a lot of shooters and usually you want to aim for the head. Splatoon was very interesting in that you have to cover the ground. It was fun, it just did not have lasting appeal and I never really got into the sequel despite a lot of apparent improvements. But that only really worked for me because I am a huge shooter fan and that contrast was there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Star vs spoilers
How the **** did Ms.Heinous go from "evul arc villain" to "saturday morning villain" and now to "tragic backstory villain"? I mean, damn, kinda hard to not feel sorry for her even though she's being a huge ****ing ****
It's to the point where I'm almost rooting for her at this point.

Poor Gemini though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom