• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, look at this rare blade!

So much fanservice, like, URGH!! They really don't respect female those japanese devs.

And look at this!
She is like, what? 75% naked? And you can see her crotch? What the person who drawn her was thinking?!

Also, you like Pyra/Mythra but then you complain about fanservice.

Never change Shiny, never change.
Tbf heaint lying that most of the blades are TnA

But that first one looks pretty cool, like, really cool

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Probably not. I was warned for posting a shirtless dude. I should mention; however, that the moderators blatantly hated me back then. I even got back to back infractions for the same offense and they claimed I threatened someone when I just did not. I doubt you need to worry about it.
Really?

Man, that must suck. If this is the case, I can see why you would be worried.

But don't be worry, I be fine...I guess.:drshrug:

And hey, even if I do get a warning. Atleast, I will know better for next time. So, no problemo.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ingird is best girl.
Evening everyone. Back from work.
That wasn't the main point of my post, my point was more that he said all rare blades were digsuting fanservice bags. While at the same time saying that he really liked Pyra & Mythra, which are like worse when it come to fanservice. Me showing the 20% was more a joke, while also showing to Shiny that he actually didn't know every blades in the game.

Also, I don't think I said that there wasn't alot of fanservices. I just said that not all the rare blades that had fanservices were 100% bad, like Vale, Vess & Herald have some elements of fanservice, but not much compared to say, Perun or Newt, who can I hardly defend.

Finally, does that mean that I am going to get a warning for posting this?

After all, he doesn't seem to wear any outfit or anything. stupid sexy Wulfric.
And Wulfric is best Blade.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Being someone who isn't into anime or most ''OH LOOK AN ANIME SWORDSMAN." games can be so difficult on the internet when you're a gamer.

I feel it's the true minority of gamer. Everyone thinks it's the girl gamer, but nah man. It's the person who scratches his or her head at that particular type of subgenre.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I mentioned this a few days ago, but I'll say it again.

Not liking fanservice is fine. Believe me, I don't either. Not liking a character's design because of that is also a very justified reason.

But people let their stance on fanservice get in the way of things WAY too much.

Xenoblade 2 is a great game. The story is engaging, and so are the characters for the most part. Pyra may look awful design wise, but she's actually an extremely likeablel and enjoyable character in the actual game. Same goes for a lot of the other blades. Designs are only something that will bother you for the first few moments of your time with them, and afterwards it just blends in and isn't a problem anymore.

In fact, Xenoblade 2 parodies it's fanservice elements very much. Tora is an absolutely thirsty little Nopon who loves maid outfits and has a few dirty little interests as is revealed in his heart to hearts. But he never gets away with it, nor does that ever inturrupt his ACTUAL character and motivations throughout the story and other heart to hearts.

If OTHER aspects of Xenoblade 2 don't interest you, I totally understand that. But if character design and fanservice are your primary reason for not giving a game a shot... I feel that's just taking it a bit too far. You're free to think that way, but you're missing out on a stellar JRPG.

Dust: An Elysian Tail comes to mind a lot when people talk about this. There were people who legit didn't want to even try that game because it was made by a furry and had very "furry" character designs. Yet underneath that was a bloody amazing and beautiful Metroidvania that far too many people missed out on.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Not liking fanservice is fine. Believe me, I don't either. Not liking a character's design because of that is also a very justified reason.

But people let their stance on fanservice get in the way of things WAY too much.

Xenoblade 2 is a great game. The story is engaging, and so are the characters for the most part. Pyra may look awful design wise, but she's actually an extremely likeablel and enjoyable character in the actual game. Same goes for a lot of the other blades. Designs are only something that will bother you for the first few moments of your time with them, and afterwards it just blends in and isn't a problem anymore.

If OTHER aspects of Xenoblade 2 don't interest you, I totally understand that. But if character design and fanservice are your primary reason for not giving a game a shot... I feel that's just taking it a bit too far.

Dust: An Elysian Tail comes to mind a lot when people talk about this. There were people who legit didn't want to even try that game because it was made by a furry and had very "furry" character designs. Yet underneath that was a bloody amazing and beautiful Metroidvania that far too many people missed out on.
I was wondering if that was a thing with Dust.

I never played it, but I saw Johnny's review on it one time I binged his videos. Looked really fun too.

Morbi

Scavenger
Being someone who isn't into anime or most ''OH LOOK AN ANIME SWORDSMAN." games can be so difficult on the internet when you're a gamer.

I feel it's the true minority of gamer. Everyone thinks it's the girl gamer, but nah man. It's the person who scratches his or her head at that particular type of subgenre.
I have no idea what you are talking about; however, I believe you are throwing shade at weeb culture and to that end, I support you in this regard. Anime swordsmen are lame unless we are talking about Trunks because Dragon Ball Z is not an anime, it is American, clearly.

If OTHER aspects of Xenoblade 2 don't interest you, I totally understand that. But if character design and fanservice are your primary reason for not giving a game a shot... I feel that's just taking it a bit too far.

Honey, the fan-service is the ONLY reason I would give the game a try. The developers know what they are doing, most people love fan-service except for their target audience, apparently. But it sells for a reason, fam.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Like especially on this forum though.

I can't tell you how many times I come to my most frequent threads and it's all about Fire Emblem or Xenoblade or something of a similar nature.

Actual picture of me typically in those discussions:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

In fact, Xenoblade 2 parodies it's fanservice elements very much. Tora is an absolutely thirsty little Nopon who loves maid outfits and has a few dirty little interests as is revealed in his heart to hearts. But he never gets away with it, nor does that ever inturrupt his ACTUAL character and motivations throughout the story and other heart to hearts.

If OTHER aspects of Xenoblade 2 don't interest you, I totally understand that. But if character design and fanservice are your primary reason for not giving a game a shot... I feel that's just taking it a bit too far. You're free to think that way, but you're missing out on a stellar JRPG.

Didnt care much for Dust because I just see it as a off brand version of Muramamasa the Demon Blade

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Everyone thinks it's the girl gamer, but nah man. It's the person who scratches his or her head at that particular type of subgenre.
I mean I see where your coming from but that's a pretty bad comparison.

Women in general have it pretty bad when it's comes to gaming but I get what you mean when it come most anime like video games.

I totally understand that. But if character design and fanservice are your primary reason for not giving a game a shot... I feel that's just taking it a bit too far.
Most female characters in gaming are usually made to like that it very understandable why people feel that way in the first place, heck you can;t call out something that's problematic without someone jumping down your throat.

Gamers can't be pretty ****ing nasty, trust me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have no idea what you are talking about; however, I believe you are throwing shade at weeb culture and to that end, I support you in this regard. Anime swordsmen are lame unless we are talking about Trunks because Dragon Ball Z is not an anime, it is American, clearly.
Not really shade. Just an observation of how the two so often connect. Like I bump into gamers who are obsessed with that type of game/gameplay far more than FPS shooter die-hards and that's the most used insult in gamer-dom.

''Oh go play Overwatch or Call of Duty you try-hard."

Like no.

More power to whatever you like but it just leaves me so confused.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I just beat Riviera: The Promised Land on the GBA. It was pretty damn good, not gonna lie. I liked the characters and the game had a great deal of challenge.

Next up...

I dunno.

We'll see.

EDIT: Okay I can't take it anymore. I'm changing my avatar.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Women in general have it pretty bad when it's comes to gaming but I get what you mean when it come most anime like video games.

Most female characters in gaming are usually made to like that it very understandable why people feel that way in the first place, heck you can;t call out something that's problematic without someone jumping down your throat.

Gamers can't be pretty ****ing nasty, trust me.
Most women have it pretty bad because they make it known that they are women. You just have to not tell anyone and it is a much better experience.

Not really shade. Just an observation of how the two so often connect. Like I bump into gamers who are obsessed with that type of game/gameplay far more than FPS shooter die-hards and that's the most used insult in gamer-dom.

''Oh go play Overwatch or Call of Duty you try-hard."

Like no.

More power to whatever you like but it just leaves me so confused.
Overwatch is definitely the best, I agree.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

The comparison wasn't in slight of the difficulties female gamers have. I'm simply saying there are far far far far more of them out there than even they seem to think. And they all probably face some sort of unnecessary misogyny or downright hatred.

It was just a lighthearted joke, not a slight against them.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Like especially on this forum though.

I can't tell you how many times I come to my most frequent threads and it's all about Fire Emblem or Xenoblade or something of a similar nature.

Actual picture of me typically in those discussions:

Same here, and I actually like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

.......It's the waifu talk that's basically foreign to me, for obvious reasons. :awesome:

Chrono.

So I just beat Riviera: The Promised Land on the GBA. It was pretty damn good, not gonna lie. I liked the characters and the game had a great deal of challenge.

Next up...

I dunno.

We'll see.

EDIT: Okay I can't take it anymore. I'm changing my avatar.
*Looks it up*

Oh it's one of the Wonderswan games that got ported. Neat.

It also has a PSP port, but idk if I'm willing to dust it off for this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Same here, and I actually like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

.......It's the waifu talk that's basically foreign to me, for obvious reasons. :awesome:
Ah, yes. They have that V where you'd rather see a P.

Same.

But even trying to husband a video game character or fictional character of any kind is so weird to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah, yes. They have that V where you'd rather see a P.

Same.

But even trying to husband a video game character or fictional character of any kind is so weird to me.
Huh? I prefer that most people who identify as a woman have a "P."

Chrom is best husband even if he forces you. Maybe I like it that way.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner was Azura of the remaining Fates character. Overall, it was a bit once sided since she is a main character compared to a bunch of side characters. But at least Niles and Oboro has more supporters than Rinkah.

Next would be the first of two Kirby Icarus polls, focusing more on the classic games. Your choices are Medusa, orcas, Pandora, and Thanatos.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know what, ****, Imma find Mulan online to watch, I need to watch Mulan
Ah, I just re-watched it for the Lunar New Year. I was going to get some Panda Express with it; however, apparently a bunch of other people were also celebrating and the line was outside of the building. Instead, I just got a box of cheap fortune cookies. I definitely honored the Chinese people with my ambitious plans in the same way that Mulan honored China, ya dig? Oh, and Szechuan sauce shortly thereafter. For the memories.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Most women have it pretty bad because they make it known that they are women. You just have to not tell anyone and it is a much better experience.
I legit don't if this is meant to be joke or not.

The comparison wasn't in slight of the difficulties female gamers have. I'm simply saying there are far far far far more of them out there than even they seem to think. And they all probably face some sort of unnecessary misogyny or downright hatred.

It was just a lighthearted joke, not a slight against them.
I mean if that was joke then my might need to go back to comedy school.

inb4 someone thinks I'm trying to start something. :laugh:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I legit don't if this is meant to be joke or not.

I mean if that was joke then my might need to go back to comedy school.

inb4 someone thinks I'm trying to start something. :laugh:
No joke, just personal experience and that of most other women before they start entering voice chat or something. Everyone assumes you are male by default. It is really easy to take advantage of.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Didnt care much for Dust because I just see it as a off brand version of Muramamasa the Demon Blade
Again, reasons like that are different arguments entirely.

But there is a notable amount of people who refused to give it a try because it was "Furry Trash".

Stuff like that makes me sad, man.

Honey, the fan-service is the ONLY reason I would give the game a try. The developers know what they are doing, most people love fan-service except for their target audience, apparently. But it sells for a reason, fam.
That kind of reasoning is certainly not why I play games under these accusations, but like you said, it sells.

For something like, say, Seran Kagura though, the games themselves are not NEARLY good enough to justify... everything else to me.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ah, I just re-watched it for the Lunar New Year. I was going to get some Panda Express with it; however, apparently a bunch of other people were also celebrating and the line was outside of the building. Instead, I just got a box of cheap fortune cookies. I definitely honored the Chinese people with my ambitious plans in the same way that Mulan honored China, ya dig? Oh, and Szechuan sauce shortly thereafter. For the memories.
I think Lion King 1 and 2 and Mulan are the only two Disney movies I would rewatch over and over

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*Looks it up*

Oh it's one of the Wonderswan games that got ported. Neat.

It also has a PSP port, but idk if I'm willing to dust it off for this.
There's a bath scene~ ;)

Actually I don't know if there is. But after looking up some Riviera art, I found some, heh, stuff.

But really- the game is awesome.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You insult someone by calling them unfunny?

But you're not starting something.

I'll return the favor by saying that you also should go back to school to learn how to word yourself better since you knew someone could misconstrue your post to be an attack, meaning that you, yourself knew that it was the wrong thing to say, therefore you had to tack that on to safeguard yourself.

What's the saying? Can't say anything nice, don't say it at all?

Ah, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom