• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I refuse to believe I have actually said that
:061:
You said that like a while ago, I promise you did. :p
It was somewhere around NintendoZone 5.
If they are no longer your waifus, I apologize.
The Skullgirls are not as attractive as I thought. :p

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Yet that person cared so much to call another person rude just for stating their opinion. They cared that someone didn't give all their reasons why they didn't like something. Then when somebody does give their reason, the person tells them why are they telling him when they should be telling someone else?
I meant if they have problems with the mod then they should they the person who made the mod itself, like I said multiple times before.

Is there not something wrong here? Didn't they want to know why the other person thought it was boring, so when they are told why, they say that they shouldn't be telling them when they asked why? What was the point of asking if they didn't want to be told?.
Read my post above.

Also, obviously if both sides are responding continuously, both do care. They obviously care enough to respond back. They might state that they don't care, but if they didn't care, why would they keep responding back for so long?
I mean already stated I cared so yeah.

Either way, I want it to stop before it starts reaching levels of "No one cares about me." and other not-so-good posts. I care about it reaching possibly reaching levels of depressions and whatnot. Because we do have people like that here and for their sake, I want it to stop before we reach that.
Oh please that's not going to happen.

Morbi

Scavenger
After the Rain Overall Impressions:

I have seen bits of After the Rain in anime advertisements and in a news article that gave the original source material awards in 2018. After researching the anime and its premise on MAL, I was very interested. A romance between a 40 year old man and a high school girl. That got me wanting to see the anime day one after its airing of Episode 1. Man, watching this entire anime unfold was worth it.

Although the anime may feel slow-paced watching for the first time, it is incredibly appropriate and purposeful as it helps me sink in the many moments of Akira’s journey to loving Masami. After the Rain’s strongest aspects is its minimalistic storytelling and using visual presentation and animation for engagement. The story is very focused and has all the dialogue necessary for solid progression. This anime never ceases to amaze me with many memorable scenes that are beautifully animated by WIT Studio that captures the emotion of story events greatly. This is all presented in a way that is VERY genuine and true to the seinen genre, yet is never detrimental to plot progression.

The anime gets better every episode, exploring Akira’s and Masami’s relationships with other side-characters that gradually made me wanna root for their romantic love more. Surprisingly, the exploration of side-characters are treated as kind of sidelined, but their role in the story is still purposeful. The progression of side-characters is present and the moments of those type of characters feel well-built up enough for me to care for the rest of the cast. I will say, never have I once felt uncomfortable watching After the Rain. The strongly engaging narrative and plot never goes to weird territory. The romantic progression feels natural and ties its build-up very nicely for me to not worry as much.

One thing I have to note is the anime ends though. It ends in a way that halts the progression of Akira and Masami’s relationship rather abruptly. Apparently, the anime’s ending is basically the manga’s ending (Which came out recently), skipping a lot of chapters. While that is really disappointing to hear, I feel everything that was set up for the anime adaptation’s story with it being a one-cour was summed up well enough to make watching the entire anime somewhat satisfactory. I would say that the After the Rain anime is a somewhat similar case to A Silent Voice’s movie adaptation. Basically, it is summing up the entire story in a short span of time, yet has enough content and quality to satisfy. (Although, I have yet to watch the movie of SV, I am basing this on the general reception of the movie and manga.)

I would definitely look into the After the Rain anime if you are looking for a simple/engaging story. Whether you want to see a high school girl fall in love with an older man is up to you, but if you choose to watch it, you will be in for a great time! This anime gets a VERY high recommendation from me for the Winter 2018 season.
I was not planning on reading this post, I just looked for a tl;dr and read the last paragraph. But, I will admit, my opinion of you has changed. Like, how is that a draw, BluePikmin?! I am going to have to read this... am I not?

Memorable scenes and yet no examples? Tsk tsk tsk...

It probably does get better each episode, because the whole "I love a forty year old man" takes time to explore tastefully, I am sure. What is their (side characters) role in the story, to be as disturbed as I am?

Not surprising that you were never uncomfortable because that was the reason you started watching it.

I am not looking for a simple and engaging story, thankfully. So, with that, I take your VERY high recommendation and try to forget this ever happened. :awesome:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
You know the thread had a bad argument when the last page is mostly people remarking on how bad the argument is

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That is not "mathing" hard.
Well I mathed extra wrong because I get paid 5 per day for walking the dog .And I walked her 3 days and i accidently told her "20" accidently skipping 15 She still gave me the 20 tho.
You know the thread had a bad argument when the last page is mostly people remarking on how bad the argument is
So, like, all the time?

Morbi

Scavenger
Me when I browse my Smashboards history.
You never know, there was this one clown that was trying to convince me, or more likely, everyone else that I stated something in particular; however, given the diction, I knew it was not even vaguely close to what I would usually say. I was pretty confident I never stated it, but he had the post right there and so I started feeling as though perhaps I had a weird lapse in judgement. I had to go back to find the original post that he was responding to only to figure out that he maliciously edited it for whatever reason.

Long story short, some people are psychopaths.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So have you heard about this thing call context?
Have you?

Honestly, it makes a lot of sense to share an opinion on the mod here since it was shared here.

It was a conversation topic of the moment, so talking about it was expected, whether it was positive or negative.

I meant if they have problems with the mod then they should they the person who made the mod itself, like I said multiple times before.
Going to the thread where it comes from just to say "it looks boring" is basically just gonna make Lampy look like an asshole and probably stir up a flame war too.

D

Deleted member

When I browse my post history, I'm more surprised about the actually good posts.
"I didn't know old me wasn't a complete idiot"

Morbi

Scavenger
Have you?

Honestly, it makes a lot of sense to share an opinion on the mod here since it was shared here.

It was a conversation topic of the moment, so talking about it was expected, whether it was positive or negative.

Going to the thread where it comes from just to say "it looks boring" is basically just gonna make Lampy look like an ******* and probably stir up a flame war too.
Lmfao, did you seriously just go into the old argument to get involved? Ha ha ha... :laugh:

MFW I cannot get people to watch anime I praise and recommend:

You guys need to be cultured with more anime. :upsidedown:
Yo, give me something hard like Dragon Ball Z, homie. :awesome:

When I browse my post history, I'm more surprised about the actually good posts.
I am just surprised at how much of a douche I was and impressed that I can still be douche-y, just with a bit less edge.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not at all embarrassed about my old posts. Not even when I see stuff I was wrong about, like Bayonetta and Roy.

No shame in being wrong, especially when you've gotten as many things right. I think the fact that I stuck to my guns and continued to believe the ESRB roster was the full roster even after Neo had "proof" there were more characters is something to be proud of, in particular. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

MFW I cannot get people to watch anime I praise and recommend:

You guys need to be cultured with more anime. :upsidedown:
I mean, tbh, most of the shows you talked about are shows I already heard about during this season and didn't want to watch. Except Pop Team Epic, that was the first "just watch it. Trust me." type of recommendation I ever accepted from a friend and I regret nothing.

Now, since it starts real soon, watch My Hero Academia season 3 all of you damn weebs

Ivander

Smash Legend
That's what you want to believe. :smirk:

In all honesty, we all want to believe we aren't being completely dumb when in some cases, we very well could be.

D

Deleted member

I'm not at all embarrassed about my old posts. Not even when I see stuff I was wrong about, like Bayonetta and Roy.

No shame in being wrong, especially when you've gotten as many things right. I think the fact that I stuck to my guns and continued to believe the ESRB roster was the full roster even after Neo had "proof" there were more characters is something to be proud of, in particular. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am. One time I called Swamp my dad and Swamp almost ignored me.
( That happened a long time ago )

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Please this is way too one sided to be called a argument.

Have you?

Going to the thread where it comes from just to say "it looks boring" is basically just gonna make Lampy look like an ******* and probably stir up a flame war too.
True and I called him out on it, what's your point?

True and it was negative so I called him out on it.

So wait if him going to the other thread to say it looks boring makes him looks like a asshole then why did he say it in the first place, again what's your point.

D

Deleted member

I am dumb. I just accept it. It makes my daily douses of society a little easier.
You should not accept being dumb.
Being smart is actually important in society and if everyone has to enter survival mode because of an apocalypse, the smarter people are going to be the survivors, or the last standing at least. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger

Ditto. I got a few things wrong and even had to temporarily quit because I got Ridley wrong and I was so utterly confident in him, but I got a metric ****-ton correct. Almost all of it, even. This time around is going to be even easier.

D

Deleted member

Sure thing, as long as you admit Froppy is the worst MHA girl and bully her in torture for years to come. :smirk:
You are mean, do not bully or torture anyone. :(
( I know what BluePikmin11 said is a joke, before you say "IT IS JUST A JOKE SHINY". )

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
It's okay, anyone who says they never called their teacher "mom" is a lying *****.

BluePikmin11 is cancelled forever I'm hacking Smashboards to delete his account for this terrible offense.
Nah, fam, I have never done that and I have only ever witnessed two students that accidentally did so. Albeit, I ditched school as often as humanly possible without courts getting involved.

That being said, I did accidentally call my Grandma "Mom" and my mother "Grandma" temporarily after visiting her. Constantly, actually. To that end, I am surprised I never called a teacher "mom" or that so few people, in my experience, have.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Ditto. I got a few things wrong and even had to temporarily quit because I got Ridley wrong and I was so utterly confident in him, but I got a metric ****-ton correct. Almost all of it, even. This time around is going to be even easier.
I'd like to think the whole "Ridley's shadow" thing was a learning experience for the community, and nothing like that will happen again.

It's good to remain hopeful, but when people have to go to that level to keep hope alive, that's usually a good sign it's time to abandon ship.

I am. One time I called Swamp my dad and Swamp almost ignored me.
( That happened a long time ago )
what

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's okay, anyone who says they never called their teacher "mom" is a lying *****.
I didn't. Mostly because back then, I was one of those people who had to be so literal. You'd be amazed at how many people I got ticked off because I was so literal back then.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't even watch much anime anyway.

Soul Eater's pretty cool. Need to finish that one.

And I've thought about watching JoJo, Full Metal Alchemist, Dragon Ball, and maybe One Punch Man at some point.

But that's about it. And I stopped following the Pokemon anime several years ago.

I'd consider watching One Piece too, but with over 600 episodes, I don't think I'd ever manage to catch up with it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't. Mostly because back then, I was one of those people who had to be so literal. You'd be amazed at how many people I got ticked off because I was so literal back then.
What does being "overly literal" have to do with accidentally referring to your teacher in a name that is not their own? I actually had a teacher, Mr. Small. However, I would always accidentally call him Mr. Smalls and it would piss him off so much. However, I literally could not help it. It just rolled off the tongue.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Can't ever call your teacher Mum, if you only ever had male teachers :troll:

Go on, Shishoe, I dare you to make the obvious joke, I DARE you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom