• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
The winner was unsurprisingly Camilla of the Norhrian siblings. Leon was the second most wanted with Xander right after. Then there Elise. lol

Next will be the last Fates poll and FINAL Fire Emblem poll ever. This one will be mostly Fates fan favorites. Your picks are Niles, Azura, Oboro, and Rinkah.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.
This is going to be a one-sided poll, you take what is basically the main character of the series and pit her against second-rate nobodies. Blatantly rigged. Not that I mind. ;)

D

Deleted member

Like seriously, why should he have to bring his point to the mod thread?
Especially when all he had to say was that what was shown wasn't interesting?

Like, why exactly should anyone care about such an opinion (meaning no offense whatsoever to the original poster) so much that it HAS to be addressed to whoever made the mod to begin with?
Why would they even care?

Poster: "The mod is boring to me."
Anyone in charge of the mod:

Not that big of a deal.

D

Deleted member

God this has got to be one of the "stupidest arguments the NintenZone Social went through".
I don't remember the others well enough to say if they were worse or not.

D

Deleted member

....You're joking right?
No. No I am not.
Look at my other post.

And seriously, if you find it necessary for someone to go out of their way and enter a thread for a mod just to tell people they think it's boring just because someone showed them said mod in another thread, then who is the one that's joking?

Morbi

Scavenger

Like, why exactly should anyone care about such an opinion (meaning no offense whatsoever to the original poster) so much that it HAS to be addressed to whoever made the mod to begin with?

Not that big of a deal.
I have no idea why anyone cares about this discussion at all, to be quite real with you.

D

Deleted member

"Hey look at this thing"
"I did, I don't like that thing"
"Then why are you telling me this? Go say that to who made the thing, not me!"

D

Deleted member

"Hey look at this thing"
Hell, the one who showed him the mod isn't even the one that's complaining about what he said.

The one who showed him actually agreed with him.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
God this has got to be one of the "stupidest arguments the NintenZone Social went through".
Its not the worst by any means, but its up there.

I'm just glad I'm a bystander.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
User was warned for this post

Not that big of a deal.

OK let me get this straight if the person has issues with the mod then he shouldn't share his opinion with the creator?

I mean sure he would have no problem sharing his opinion with him and how to improve the Mod in the first place.

To be fair this is a board make for Smash Brothers so stupid arguments a bound to happen. :p

No. No I am not.
Look at my other post.

And seriously, if you find it necessary for someone to go out of their way and enter a thread for a mod just to tell people they think it's boring just because someone showed them said mod in another thread, then who is the one that's joking?
I don't see how that's a joke, agree with me or not that's just rude
I have no idea why anyone cares about this discussion at all, to be quite real with you.
I mean I saw some being rude and it broke down from there, not much I can tell yea.

I know, right?

It's like:
I care and you guys cearly care enough to keep talking about it.

"Hey look at this thing"
I mean but that's the right thing to do so yeah.

Hell, the one who showed him the mod isn't even the one that's complaining about what he said.

The one who showed him actually agreed with him.
And again he was rude about it.

D

Deleted member

OK let me get this straight if the person has issues with the mod then he shouldn't share his opinion with the creator?

I mean sure he would have no problem sharing his opinion with him and how to improve the Mod in the first place.

To be fair this is a board make for Smash Brothers so stupid arguments a bound to happen. :p

I mean I saw some being rude and it broke down from there, not much I can tell yea.

Enough is enough.
Can you please stop arguing? You are overreacting.
This argument is leading to nowhere at all.

Morbi

Scavenger
Its not the worst by any means, but its up there.

I'm just glad I'm a bystander.
Perhaps it is not the worst; however, I genuinely believe it is the most pointless.

I honestly do not blame you. But you might as well get used to it.

If people aren't allowed to share their opinions on media then we shouldn't comment on anything.

We can't share opinions on movies without sending them to the director and actors.
We can't share opinions on smashboards unless they are sent to Sakurai's team.
We can't share opinions on music and art unless they are sent to the artist.

That's silly.

Unrelated: did well on an exam. I've had two professors compliment me in two days. This is unusual. **** yea.
:061:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Can this thread get locked, all the trash taken out and and then have us start on a completely different subject? Cause obviously, this isn't going to end as long as this mentality of "I must be told I'm right." is around.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
If people aren't allowed to share their opinions on media then we shouldn't comment on anything.

We can't share opinions on movies without sending them to the director and actors.

That's silly.

Unrelated: did well on an exam. I've had two professors compliment me in two days. This is unusual. **** yea.
I have no idea, a week or two ago, someone had a mental breakdown because someone made fun of a television show. If you cater to those types of people, we REALLY should not comment on anything.

Can this thread get locked, all the trash taken out and and then have us start on a completely different subject? Cause obviously, this isn't going to end as long as this mentality of "I must be told I'm right." is around.
Why does everyone ask for a lock anytime there is the tinniest disagreement? The world genuinely scares me.

Chrono.

I mean there's only one person stirring the pot.

I'd say ignore him and move on.

D

Deleted member

Congratulations Zeb! I am really happy that you did really well!
I hope you continue to do well on the exams! :)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I drew a picture a couple of days ago and said I didn't like how it looked.

Clearly, I need to go look myself in the mirror and tell myself my picture is a piece of crap.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Why does everyone ask for a lock anytime there is the tinniest disagreement? The world genuinely scares me.
I don't care about the disagreement. I care about the fact that it has dragged on for so long. Obviously, no one is listening if it has dragged on for long and I am definitely seeing the mentality of "You're wrong. I'm right. And we will keep talking until you agree I'm right." It needs to stop.
At this point, it's no longer about the argument. It's about trying to be the one in the right, which when it's about a frickin' video game in general, is ultimately pointless. There's nothing satisfactory. It only brings out anger and whatnot. And for what? A toy? It needs to stop before this anger reaches the worst levels and if people won't agree to stop it, it needs to be forced to stop.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For the record I don't think I have ever implied my enjoyment of Skullgirls has had anythign to do with attraction to any characters

I just like it as a fighting game as a beginner. Story is neat.
Oh. Well I look like an idiot for making that post. :facepalm:

Also Ivander Ivander nice avatar! I love me some Fallen Robins. :grin:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't care about the disagreement. I care about the fact that it has dragged on for so long. Obviously, no one is listening if it has dragged on for long and I am definitely seeing the mentality of "You're wrong. I'm right. And we will keep talking until you agree I'm right." It needs to stop.
At this point, it's no longer about the argument. It's about trying to be the one in the right, which when it's about a frickin' video game in general, is ultimately pointless. There's nothing satisfactory. It only brings out anger and whatnot. And for what? A toy? It needs to stop before this anger reaches the worst levels.
If this is what people want to talk about, there is nothing stopping them and getting on your knees and begging for a lock is not really the solution. The real solution is to just change the subject; however, something is so clearly enamoring about jumping on someone's comment and picking it apart that I suppose they are too busy doing that.

The guy who "started" it clearly cares less than the people badgering him.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965

That's silly.

So have you heard about this thing call context?

That's a bit extreme.

I have no idea, a week or two ago, someone had a mental breakdown because someone made fun of a television show. If you cater to those types of people, we REALLY should not comment on anything.
Yeah that person was actually me so I tell you this once so you don't **** yourself over, watch what you say about that buddy.

I mean there's only one person stirring the pot.

I'd say ignore him and move on.
If people wanted to move on then they should had said something in the beginning, plus to say i'm the only stirring the pot while everyone else is replying to me is just plain wrong.

I drew a picture a couple of days ago and said I didn't like how it looked.

Clearly, I need to go look myself in the mirror and tell myself my picture is a piece of crap.
Or you could redo the picture and get better at it slowly, again context.
At this point, it's no longer about the argument. It's about trying to be the one in the right, which when it's about a frickin' video game in general, is ultimately pointless. There's nothing satisfactory. It only brings out anger and whatnot. And for what? A toy? It needs to stop before this anger reaches the worst levels and if people won't agree to stop it, it needs to be forced to stop.
That's pretty dumb, like no one here is getting mad or at least i'm not, besides nothing here is getting out of hand so locking the thread because I called someone out is silly and pointless, kinda like this "argument".

Ivander

Smash Legend
If this is what people want to talk about, there is nothing stopping them and getting on your knees and begging for a lock is not really the solution. The real solution is to just change the subject; however, something is so clearly enamoring about jumping on someone's comment and picking it apart that I suppose they are too busy doing that.

The guy who "started" it clearly cares less than the people badgering him.
Yet that person cared so much to call another person rude just for stating their opinion. They cared that someone didn't give all their reasons why they didn't like something. Then when somebody does give their reason, the person tells them why are they telling him when they should be telling someone else?
Is there not something wrong here? Didn't they want to know why the other person thought it was boring, so when they are told why, they say that they shouldn't be telling them when they asked why? What was the point of asking if they didn't want to be told?

Also, obviously if both sides are responding continuously, both do care. They obviously care enough to respond back. They might state that they don't care, but if they didn't care, why would they keep responding back for so long?

Either way, I want it to stop before it starts reaching levels of "No one cares about me." and other not-so-good posts. I care about it reaching possibly reaching levels of depressions and whatnot. Because we do have people like that here and for their sake, I want it to stop before we reach that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because I like them? It is rare that I find a post that I do not like. Basically it has to be extremely low effort, one-word or image only sort of posts. But even then, if the image is funny or if a moderator gets mad at it, I will like it too.
Oh, okay.
I only like posts that appeal to my side. Usually the funny or just good ones in general.
I generally do not like posts when a moderator gets mad at it.
Morbi, do not like this post please.
If you do not like this post, I will offer you gratitude.
EDIT: MORBI NOOOOOO :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yet that person cared so much to call another person rude just for stating their opinion. They cared that someone didn't give all their reasons why they didn't like something. Then when somebody does give their reason, the person tells them why are they telling him when they should be telling someone else?
Is there not something wrong here? Didn't they want to know why the other person thought it was boring, so when they are told why, they say that they shouldn't be telling them when they asked why? What was the point of asking if they didn't want to be told?

Also, obviously if both sides are responding continuously, both do care. They obviously care enough to respond back. They might state that they don't care, but if they didn't care, why would they keep responding back for so long?

Either way, I want it to stop before it starts reaching levels of "No one cares about me." and other not-so-good posts. I care about it reaching possibly reaching levels of depressions and whatnot. Because we do have people like that here and for their sake, I want it to stop before we reach that.
I just stated that they seemingly care LESS, which is actually something that I could not possibly know, as is. My only point is that in an argument, you need two to tango and he has more than one dance partner.

I definitely agree, there is something wrong. But, again, if that is what is driving discussion, so be it.

At first, I thought it was not a risk (because why would it be?); however, after learning who they were, I guess there is precedent to support your conclusion. So, I concede. You are correct. That is sadly a realistic possibility.

D

Deleted member

For the record I don't think I have ever implied my enjoyment of Skullgirls has had anythign to do with attraction to any characters

I just like it as a fighting game as a beginner. Story is neat.
You said that they were your waifus too. I guess it must have something to do with how they act and how they are in the stories instead.
Either way, they have nice legs and breasts. :p
( HornyLegendary is gone, you are safe )

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
You said that they were your waifus too. I guess it must have something to do with how they act and how they are in the stories instead.
Could have fooled me.

That being said, the Skull Girls are pretty fine. Let us be real, that is the reason the game got so popular. If you want a real fighting game, there were always better choices. But those better choices did not have waifus.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
After the Rain Overall Impressions:

I have seen bits of After the Rain in anime advertisements and in a news article that gave the original source material awards in 2018. After researching the anime and its premise on MAL, I was very interested. A romance between a 40 year old man and a high school girl. That got me wanting to see the anime day one after its airing of Episode 1. Man, watching this entire anime unfold was worth it.

Although the anime may feel slow-paced watching for the first time, it is incredibly appropriate and purposeful as it helps me sink in the many moments of Akira’s journey to loving Masami. After the Rain’s strongest aspects is its minimalistic storytelling and using visual presentation and animation for engagement. The story is very focused and has all the dialogue necessary for solid progression. This anime never ceases to amaze me with many memorable scenes that are beautifully animated by WIT Studio that captures the emotion of story events greatly. This is all presented in a way that is VERY genuine and true to the seinen genre, yet is never detrimental to plot progression.

The anime gets better every episode, exploring Akira’s and Masami’s relationships with other side-characters that gradually made me wanna root for their romantic love more. Surprisingly, the exploration of side-characters are treated as kind of sidelined, but their role in the story is still purposeful. The progression of side-characters is present and the moments of those type of characters feel well-built up enough for me to care for the rest of the cast. I will say, never have I once felt uncomfortable watching After the Rain. The strongly engaging narrative and plot never goes to weird territory. The romantic progression feels natural and ties its build-up very nicely for me to not worry as much.

One thing I have to note is the anime ends though. It ends in a way that halts the progression of Akira and Masami’s relationship rather abruptly. Apparently, the anime’s ending is basically the manga’s ending (Which came out recently), skipping a lot of chapters. While that is really disappointing to hear, I feel everything that was set up for the anime adaptation’s story with it being a one-cour was summed up well enough to make watching the entire anime somewhat satisfactory. I would say that the After the Rain anime is a somewhat similar case to A Silent Voice’s movie adaptation. Basically, it is summing up the entire story in a short span of time, yet has enough content and quality to satisfy. (Although, I have yet to watch the movie of SV, I am basing this on the general reception of the movie and manga.)

I would definitely look into the After the Rain anime if you are looking for a simple/engaging story. Whether you want to see a high school girl fall in love with an older man is up to you, but if you choose to watch it, you will be in for a great time! This anime gets a VERY high recommendation from me for the Winter 2018 season.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nah sound like he’s here now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom