• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Can someone convince me that Ridley would be an interesting character in Smash?
I really wanna get on board with him, but movesets are the deal breaker for me and I feel like Ridley's potential isn't interesting enough.
he big

put big boi in smash bois

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its not about what Ridley can do, its just him being there and being playable.

Nobody actually gives a hoot at this point what he could do- people just want to see him actually BE playable.

Honestly, after seeing Cloud, I believe Ridley will just be a bigger Charizard with fireballs. :p

D

Deleted member

Its not about what Ridley can do, its just him being there and being playable.

Nobody actually gives a hoot at this point what he could do- people just want to see him actually BE playable.

Honestly, after seeing Cloud, I believe Ridley will just be a bigger Charizard with fireballs. :p
If that's the case then I can't get invested at all.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
If that's the case then I can't get invested at all.
Go to the Ridley thread if that's the case.

That's just how I see it.

I've been here for awhile and I've rarely seen anyone talk about Ridley's potential outside of attempted reinforcement of his inclusion.
So I take it that you never been to the Ridley thread before?

D

Deleted member

Go to the Ridley thread if that's the case.
I'm a bit scared of that place considering some of them have heard the not-so-nice things I've said about Ridley in the past

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm a bit scared of that place considering some of them have heard the not-so-nice things I've said about Ridley in the past
You don't even have to say anything. You can just, like, read the opening post or smth

D

Deleted member

You don't even have to say anything. You can just, like, read the opening post or smth
Last time I checked there was only one moveset in the OP (shows how dedicated they are) and I wasn't fond of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Can someone convince me that Ridley would be an interesting character in Smash?
I really wanna get on board with him, but movesets are the deal breaker for me and I feel like Ridley's potential isn't interesting enough.
Back in 2015 people would've drowned you with responses using this video.

D

Deleted member

Back in 2015 people would've drowned you with responses using this video.

If people would've responded with the exact same moveset then it just proves Aurane's point.
Also this moveset looks super boring from a visual standdpoint

Chrono.

If people would've responded with the exact same moveset then it just proves Aurane's point.
Also this moveset looks super boring from a visual standdpoint
I don't care for it either lol I'm just poking fun at that video getting around a lot during that time.

You couldn't say anything about Ridley without everyone shoving it at your face. It's still a well made mod though, better than most full character mods.

I did dislike the modder's rather smug attitude though

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
@Lampy I feel a Flight Mode can work in which he can freely move in the air for a while alongside aerial grabs. Obviously it'd be tricky to balance but I feel Flight mode making Ridley lighter and taking extra damage could be a decent compromise (I feel Ridley would be a regular medium-weight character) and throwing in the air depletes meter faster

D

Deleted member

@Lampy I feel a Flight Mode can work in which he can freely move in the air for a while alongside aerial grabs. Obviously it'd be tricky to balance but I feel Flight mode making Ridley lighter and taking extra damage could be a decent compromise (I feel Ridley would be a regular medium-weight character) and throwing in the air depletes meter faster
Well that does sound pretty interesting.
How would the aerial grabs work though?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well that does sound pretty interesting.
How would the aerial grabs work though?
You know how you grab people on the ground? That but being able to do it in the air. Multiple characters already have a tether grab executed by using the air button in midair but Ridley's always been a grabby ****** in fights so I feel it's appropriate he can grab in the air. The throws would have longer restore time (By that I mean Ridley can't just grab all the time and takes a second longer than the average character to grab a specific victim again) and his air throws move him in the direction he throws the enemy

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The more I play Ni No Kuni 2 the more I think the artstyle of Studio Ghibli would be perfect for Quest 64

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is anyone going to play Smash Switch bingo?:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-super-smash-bros-for-switch-roster-bingo-thread.453925/

Surprisingly the bingo was easy think through and fun to do. Here is my bingo:

If you wanna know more about my reasonings, I recently posted them in that thread for those that wanna know.
Blue stop this stupid meme, considering you aren't willing to make a bet in which you'll get Smash Switch for free if you win, you don't genuinely predict a deck of cards to be playable

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know why people are expecting Ribbon Girl and Octolings. We didn't even get Alph as a separate character last time.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
By the way, there's a new map featuring this new Robin, and it's absolutely nuts. I can't even beat the lunatic difficulty.
I'd definitely just give Female Grima a couple extra stats, since I'd be using her quite a bit.

And yeah I was able to do Lunatic difficulty with Roy + Lyn with Brave Bows plus two dancers but for Infernal I had to use this to help me.

The good old Gravity + choke point trick done in a lot of these kinds of videos. Managed to do it first try making my units match them pretty close, except my healer was stronger (5* Azama <3) and my Olivia was five-starred, but it didn't meaningfully change the AI's reactions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know how you grab people on the ground? That but being able to do it in the air. Multiple characters already have a tether grab executed by using the air button in midair but Ridley's always been a grabby ****** in fights so I feel it's appropriate he can grab in the air. The throws would have longer restore time (By that I mean Ridley can't just grab all the time and takes a second longer than the average character to grab a specific victim again) and his air throws move him in the direction he throws the enemy
That sounds pretty neat. I've always been a sucker for grabs (It's the main reason why I like using Bowser so much and Suplex is one of my favorite abilities in Kirby because of how satisfying it is to kill bosses with throws), so I think I'm sold.

Is anyone going to play Smash Switch bingo?:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-super-smash-bros-for-switch-roster-bingo-thread.453925/

Surprisingly the bingo was easy think through and fun to do. Here is my bingo:

If you wanna know more about my reasonings, I recently posted them in that thread for those that wanna know.
Here's mine

As you can probably tell, this is more of a wishlist than a prediction (Although 4 of them are predictions). I put Ridley there because I was curious as to what they'd do with him if he somehow made it in.
Squirtle, Ivysaur and Susie are in a far lower priority for me as far as wants go.

Yeah because saying that about someone's hard work isn't rude at all.

"It's ok to talk **** because so has long the person who made it doesn't see"

Yeup totally not rude.
It's not.
What with the hostility and why do you care so much?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

"It's ok to talk **** because so has long the person who made it doesn't see"

Yeup totally not rude.
To be fair, if I put hard work into something and it's bad, I'd rather have people tell me it's bad and how I can improve. It may be harsh but sometimes one can merely be giving criticism.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
It's not.
What with the hostility and why do you care so much?
Because being disrespectful is wrong, regardless of what you thought of the mod you could have worded it better.

To be fair, if I put hard work into something and it's bad, I'd rather have people tell me it's bad and how I can improve. It may be harsh but sometimes one can merely be giving criticism.
You're right which is why there's a thread for that.

https://smashboards.com/threads/uno...classic-ridley-beta-released-31-10-16.368694/

Man who pissed on your cat?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
D

Deleted member

Because being disrespectful is wrong, regardless of what you thought of the mod you could have worded it better.
Except I was not being disrespectful, I was just voicing my own opinion on the mod.
I didn't say "OMG IT SUX AND THAT PERSON IS AN IDIOT", I said that it looks boring to me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Please One winged Devil One winged Devil , calm down, Lampy didn't say that the person who made the Ridley moveset should eat a gun and kill himself with it. He just said it wasn't interesting to him, no one feelings were hurts.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Please don't trash others peoples work.
He really wasn't.
Saying something is boring is rude?

You do know this happens with every movie, game and whatnot, right? Look at how much they put into movies and video games. What about games like Superman 64 or Metroid Other M? Movies like The Room or the Titanic Animated Movie. People were working hard on them. Does that mean criticising them or calling them boring is rude or should be forbidden?

Criticism is not one of those things that should be restricted. If anything, criticism helps those people improve. Remember Mass Effect 3's original ending? After many people worked hard on that ending? Fans criticised it, they listened, and Mass Effect 3 had it's ending changed. Now fans are fine with it.

Criticism is not a bad thing. And at the same time, not everybody will enjoy something. It's not something that should be restricted, as criticism can safely be ignored or it can help developers with either patches or later games. Accepting criticism and learning from it or using it for the future is good for the soul.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Bingo cards, lol.

Reminds me of when everyone was making those for the Smash 4 Final Presentation stream, and I made an intentionally bad one that crapped on popular predictions and demands, and it ended up scoring multiple bingos.

Good times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom