• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Theoria's merely messing with you.
Would it have been better if Lampy said "It looks boring in my opinion"?
Honestly it would have been better if when to the Ridley Mod thread to share his opinion on the mods itself, mean surely the creator would listen to him so has long has he's not being rude about it.

Except I was not being disrespectful, I was just voicing my own opinion on the mod.
I didn't say "OMG IT SUX AND THAT PERSON IS AN IDIOT", I said that it looks boring to me.
Saying it's boring and just leaving it at that is not only rude but also pretty bad "critique", you don't have to say stuff like"OMG IT SUX AND THAT PERSON IS AN IDIOT" to be rude about something.

Like you don't like the mod? Fine but please for the love of god don't ever just say "it looks boring" and just leave at that because that doesn't help the modder and you look like an ass while posting it, regardless of whether or not it was meant to be an actually critique or not.

He really wasn't.

Saying something is boring is rude?

You do know this happens with every movie, game and whatnot, right? Look at how much they put into movies and video games. What about games like Superman 64 or Metroid Other M? Movies like The Room or the Titanic Animated Movie. People were working hard on them. Does that mean criticising them or calling them boring is rude or should be forbidden?

Criticism is not one of those things that should be restricted. If anything, criticism helps those people improve. Remember Mass Effect 3's original ending? After many people worked hard on that ending? Fans criticised it, they listened, and Mass Effect 3 had it's ending changed. Now fans are fine with it.

Criticism is not a bad thing. And at the same time, not everybody will enjoy something. It's not something that should be restricted, as criticism can safely be ignored or it can help developers with either patches or later games. Accepting criticism and learning from it or using it for the future is good for the soul.
Criticism=Good
"it looks boring"=Bad and Rude.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sounds like trashing it to me, stop being rude.
Giving your thoughts on a mod isn't trashing it or being rude.

Hell, I think the mod was really bland aside from maybe the down air. Giving a negative opinion doesn't equate to rudeness.

D

Deleted member

Bingo cards, lol.

Reminds me of when everyone was making those for the Smash 4 Final Presentation stream, and I made an intentionally bad one, and it ended up scoring multiple bingos.
Do you mind posting it here?
I love me some irony.

Saying it's boring and just leaving it at that is not only rude but also pretty bad "critique", you don't have to say stuff like"OMG IT SUX AND THAT PERSON IS AN IDIOT" to be rude about something.

Like you don't like the mod? Fine but please for the love of god don't ever just say "it looks boring" and just leave at that because that doesn't help the modder and you look like an *** while posting it, regardless of whether or not it was meant to be an actually critique or not.
It wasn't even directed at the modder... Whatever, this isn't going anywhere so I'll just drop it right now.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'd definitely just give Female Grima a couple extra stats, since I'd be using her quite a bit.

And yeah I was able to do Lunatic difficulty with Roy + Lyn with Brave Bows plus two dancers but for Infernal I had to use this to help me.

The good old Gravity + choke point trick done in a lot of these kinds of videos. Managed to do it first try making my units match them pretty close, except my healer was stronger (5* Azama <3) and my Olivia was five-starred, but it didn't meaningfully change the AI's reactions.
People who post these F2P Strategies are awesome. They especially help for the harder missions or when you don't have a character that someone else uses or you don't have a specific skill on a character you have.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah if you look at Ridley as a concept and in this mod then compare it to the newcomers in Smash 4, there's no comparison in terms of what is more interesting.

Still, some of the grabbing moves had cool animations, I've got to admit that.

Last edited by a moderator:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Giving your thoughts on a mod isn't trashing it or being rude. Giving a negative opinion doesn't equate to rudeness.
...Did you not read my last post?

It wasn't even directed at the modder... Whatever, this isn't going anywhere so I'll just drop it right now.
I mean i you really feel that way with that mod then you could have when out of your way to go to the modder's thread and go in detail with your problems with the mod itself instead just saying and leaving at "it looks boring".

If I was a cook and someone told my food was bad then I would like for then to go into detail why it's bad instead just saying it tastes bad.

D

Deleted member

I really hope they continue to make maps for Legendary Heroes. Yeah, Robin's is rehsed from the TT but it IS a TT map and those are great.
Kinda wish they had announced it, I doubt most would even know it's there if it wasn't for the Warriors maps lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Did you not read my last post?

I mean i you really feel that way with that mod then you could have when out of your way to go to the modder's thread and go in detail with your problems with the mod itself instead just saying and leaving at "it looks boring".

If I was a cook and someone told my food was bad then I would like for then to go into detail why it's bad instead just saying it tastes bad.
Do you look at time stamps...?

And if you wanted to know why they thought the food was bad, you ask them why they think that. You don't fly off the handle saying they're being rude for stating an opinion.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I'd definitely just give Female Grima a couple extra stats, since I'd be using her quite a bit.

And yeah I was able to do Lunatic difficulty with Roy + Lyn with Brave Bows plus two dancers but for Infernal I had to use this to help me.

The good old Gravity + choke point trick done in a lot of these kinds of videos. Managed to do it first try making my units match them pretty close, except my healer was stronger (5* Azama <3) and my Olivia was five-starred, but it didn't meaningfully change the AI's reactions.
Thanks for sharing, but I couldn't do this for several reasons. I don't have my neutral Lyn anymore, but a +Spd -Hp one. In some cases she kills when she isn't supposed to, and there is a point where she dies due to having too low HP. And I have Quick Reposte upgraded to tier 3, which also makes Ike kills some units he isn't doing in the video. That stupid blue manakete is impossible to kill... I can't get past the second minute hahaha.

And I can't even finish Lunatic yet... Seriously, whoever designed this map is so evil, he must be laughing evilly at his house, watching everyone go mad because they can't get four stupid orbs hahaha.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I really hope they continue to make maps for Legendary Heroes. Yeah, Robin's is reused from the TT but it IS a TT map and those are great.
I think it somewhat happened just because it is Grima again, but a different form. I mean, Fjorm, Gunnthra, Ike nor Ephraim got a Legendary Hero map. I think Grima mostly got one just because they are a Boss character.
Regardless, we'll see what happens with the next Legendary Hero.

AND YES! I got Brave Lucina! :joyful:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Opossum Opossum

( made by @vaanrose , give big thanks to him )
You are welcome.
Um... the very existence of this outfit is actually part of a universal mechanic in FE called a "promotion class"

It's not in FEH though, so there's probably no point in explaining it to you.

Says the one who wants an uncensored Pyra and Mythra in Smash. I know Lampy already said this, but dammit, it's an amazing point.

And also, fanservice isn't always just "showing skin" as you may think. Sure, it's the way it's most often used, but anything done specifically as a crowd-pleaser can be considered fanservice too.

FighterZ has a LOT of this variation of fanservice, with an absolute ****ton of manga and anime references that were ultimately not even necessary. Like how Dramatic Finishes exist even though people were already super hyped about the game before they were even revealed.
Yes, I know fanservice is not just sexual.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Bleh, +RES, -SPD. Not a good nature for her. Regardless, I'll still more than likely be using her alot, as she's still great for Support and will help some weaker units I want to use be more stronger.

Now to see if I can get F!Robin or Lute.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah you might need to re-read my last post there buddy.
I read it just fine, buddy. What you said in that post is absolutely not what you did originally. You need to take your own advice. When Lampy gave his opinion you accused him of trashing it. Your first instinct was NOT to ask why he said what he did, it was to start slinging insults.

And if you want to know my thoughts on it, I think it's a pretty boring moveset and definitely not something I'd want in the game. You couldn't even visually distinguish the special attacks from the other ones, save for obviously the up special, when you should always be given clear visual signals that something is a special move. If Little Mac and Marth, the poster children for "they just punch/swing a sword," can do that, there's no reason a giant space pterosaur can't. And if the specials weren't included? Well, then it utterly fails at being a "showcase." Save for the tail stab down air, the entire set seems so uninspired and boring.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man it’s the worst when you microwave something and it feels hot but then you bite into it and the insides are still cold!

D

Deleted member

I hope you all get smiles for this and I really hope you all read this, but...

My grandfather is all better. I was worried he was going to die.

And my break has started. I have not been this happy since the Smash for Switch reveal.

:)

Edit: Thanks so much everyone!!!

D

Deleted member

Man it’s the worst when you microwave something and it feels hot but then you bite into it and the insides are still cold!
HOT POCKETS!

-either cold or burn your tongue hot; never any medium-

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, and those can be enjoying sometimes... but then again I do take time doing some tedious grind... such as getting rare Blades and doing quests (Which compare to past Xenoblade, most of them don't feel like a chore but still pretty lengthy)

You should check my "refined" post... lol
Besides just negative, your statement was also pretty hollow and I can only reply "So what?" on your statement because whether I play it longer than it should be doesn't affect anyone, nor you can make me change like me quickly finish the game... to sum up I just don't see the point of your statement. I know you weren't trying to be offensive I just found your opinion regarding people playing a certain game too long "unusual" which in general it isn't because as I said, it depends on the games. There games I will play it for hours and there are games I only play it for a few hours and never touch it again.

Yeah, but please aware not everyone here likes him though, especially a mod which I won't put his name up. He thinks Etika only do reactions and play games "for view" which I found that reason ridiculous.

How? lol, I play Smash 3DS with my brothers and at conventions for 4 years, so how is my total gametime for Smash 3DS ludicrous? Again, I don't see the point of it being deemed as ludicrous.

but then again if that's just your viewpoint then I don't even.

Well, the fact that I bought Switch mostly for Xenoblade 2 can also explain why I spend many hours on the game.

Or more exact it was the announcement of XC2 that made me buy the console shortly after the console's launch

And unless you just play Switch only on TV, it's odd for your Switch to "collect dust"... my Switch isn't collecting dust but collecting finger prints...
Oh, yeah, I am not into the handheld functionality. I am a filthy console peasant. Beyond that, as I stated, the only game I own for it is Odyssey, not the best travel game. Or is it? I have no idea because I am not into that sort of nonsense.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
I read it just fine, buddy. What you said in that post is absolutely not what you did originally. You need to take your own advice. When Lampy gave his opinion you accused him of trashing it. Your first instinct was NOT to ask why he said what he did, it was to start slinging insults..
I made a statement that he was being rude however I will agree that I could have handled that part however that does not mean I was wrong in calling him out so your point is invalid.

And if you want to know my thoughts on it, I think it's a pretty boring moveset and definitely not something I'd want in the game. You couldn't even visually distinguish the special attacks from the other ones, save for obviously the up special, when you should always be given clear visual signals that something is a special move. If Little Mac and Marth, the poster children for "they just punch/swing a sword," can do that, there's no reason a giant space pterosaur can't. And if the specials weren't included? Well, then it utterly fails at being a "showcase." Save for the tail stab down air, the entire set seems so uninspired and boring.
I don't know why you're telling me this since the not the one who made this Mod.

https://smashboards.com/threads/uno...classic-ridley-beta-released-31-10-16.368694/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh my god I get a day off on Easter **** yes! Keep in mind our store stayed open on Christmas
Holy ****, I know retail is bad but they usually close here for Christmas. Like, most, if not all, stores stay open until the 23rd.
Take this time off and use it to do nothing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I made a statement that he was being rude however I will agree that I could have handled that part however that does not mean I was wrong in calling him out so your point is invalid.

I don't know why you're telling me this since the not the one who made this Mod.

https://smashboards.com/threads/uno...classic-ridley-beta-released-31-10-16.368694/
You were wrong to call him out though. He had every right to say what he said.

And I said that because this is a social thread and I wanted to give my input. I couldn't care less about Project M, never mind mods for Project M, so I'm not gonna waste my time going over there. There's no need.

D

Deleted member

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Morbi

Scavenger

And I said that because this is a social thread and I wanted to give my input. I couldn't care less about Project M, never mind mods for Project M, so I'm not gonna waste my time going over there. There's no need.
I am not understanding why this does not go both ways. If calling people out is "wrong," what exactly are you doing?! It does not make sense, mate.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965

Your right he does but you know what else? So do I.

So if you're going to give your opinion on the Mod then won't it make more sense to actually going to the Thread for the Mod itself and give your opinion regardless of your opinion on PM?

ITT: Criticism and opinion-sharing are only valid when shared directly with the creators.
That part about Criticism is true thought.

I am not understanding why this does not go both ways. If calling people out is "wrong," what exactly are you doing?! It does not make sense, mate.
I think he meant it like I was trying to say that he wasn't allowed to have opinion when that's what I said at all.

D

Deleted member

Why the **** would he go to the thread for the mod when the mod was literally shown to him here?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner was unsurprisingly Camilla of the Norhrian siblings. Leon was the second most wanted with Xander right after. Then there Elise. lol

Next will be the last Fates poll and FINAL Fire Emblem poll ever. This one will be mostly Fates fan favorites. Your picks are Niles, Azura, Oboro, and Rinkah.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom