• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I didn't really see anything in Odyssey's dialog that was more kid-oriented than every other Mario game released starting from Galaxy.
The only dialogue that come up to mind is the in-between world dialogue with Cappy, who just tell you stuff you probably already know. Beside that however, I don't remember any kid-oriented dialogue in the game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the final Awakening poll was none other than Tharja. Lon'qu and Virion fared well. While it was Gangrel that sucked.

Next is the first of three Fates polls, which will focus on the Hoshidian Royal Family. Your choices are Ryouma, Takumi, Sakura, and Hinoka.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

D

Deleted member

FATE STAY NIGHT IS SO HYPE AND IVE ONLY WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
This is proof Mafia games are great ads :^)

Enjoy the ride, and remember, Assassin is best character.

Also, I assume you finished Zero, any thoughts you want to share on it?
Fate is going to take over the world some day. . .
:061:
To quote that again "I dream of a future where historians use Fate artwork for their works"
So someone on FEH Reddit pointed out something particular. Before we got Legendary Ike, we got Micaiah, Sothe and Zelgius in the same month. Before we got Legendary Ephraim, we got Sacred Memories Eirika. And recently, before Female Robin was announced, we got Fallen Male Robin and Branded Chrom. Basically so far, the recent Legendary Heroes we've been getting have been related to the new characters we got within the same month span(as Sacred Eirika's banner started in the same month as L.Ike, but her Banner continued into the next month, which was the month L!Ephraim was announced).

So what does this mean for the next month? Remember that next month, we are getting new Heroes in the form of Leif, Nanna and Finn. They are just one Banner of new Heroes however. As it's possible they might do a 2nd set of new heroes, like how they did the World of Dawn Banner and Sacred Memories Banner in the same month and they did the Fallen Heroes and Branded King Banners within a month. So it's possible that next month, we could get either:
-A Legendary version of Alm to connect with Fallen Celica.
-A Legendary Hero related to the Set of Heroes before or after the Thracia Banner.
-A Legendary Hero related to Thracia or Jugdral in general. inb4Legendary Reinhardt with Master Sword
LEGENDARY SIGURD IS GONNA POWERCREEP OG SIGURD YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS
Tfw everyone forgot about Pikmin 3.
Man, I love that game. One of the few games I still play in my Wii U from time to time because of how fun the multiplayer is. It has just the right amount of bull**** to be fun.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I always wanted a Kid Icarus game on the Wii U. I am a bit scared what they would do with it after witnessing Star Fox Zero, where you basically need to beat the game just to learn the controls or play co-op.

I am just not interested in the games. It is not necessarily crapping on them. I just want titles that do not suck. :troll:

Skyrim is probably one of the better games on the Switch, now that you mention it. I might pick it up and replay it... Again.

Wow! That is insane. Odyssey was amazing. I am not sure if you play many Nintendo games, however, because they all treat you like you are seven. I am not comprehending why treating you just a smidgen younger is offensive.
I'm not really offended by mandatory tutorials, even if it gets annoying sometimes.

The main thing that really got me was the fact that Odyssey had to stamp a character portrait on the dialog every time they referred to a character. It's like the video game equivalent of talking. like. thiiiiiis. so. dumb. people. can. under. . .staaaand. you.

I'm used to my Nintendo games making meme references and quirky in-jokes, not assuming I'm at a reading level where I can't even follow the context of a conversation. At absolute worst some games would slather unnecessary highlighter onto a name a bit.

And Star Fox Zero was a direct product of Nintendo attempting to justify the Wii U Gamepad's existence, so I don't see something like that ever happening quite like that again. If something goes wrong, it probably won't be what did with SFZ.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The only dialogue that come up to mind is the in-between world dialogue with Cappy, who just tell you stuff you probably already know. Beside that however, I don't remember any kid-oriented dialogue in the game.
Galaxy 2 had signboards, the Tip Network, NPCs that would give advice, and a Super Guide to literally play levels for you.

I don't think Cappy giving a short bit of dialog between each Kingdom is anywhere near as egregious.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not really offended by mandatory tutorials, even if it gets annoying sometimes.

The main thing that really got me was the fact that Odyssey had to stamp a character portrait on the dialog every time they referred to a character. It's like the video game equivalent of talking. like. thiiiiiis. so. dumb. people. can. under. . .staaaand. you.

I'm used to my Nintendo games making meme references and quirky in-jokes, not assuming I'm at a reading level where I can't even follow the context of a conversation. At absolute worst some games would slather unnecessary highlighter onto a name a bit.

And Star Fox Zero was a direct product of Nintendo attempting to justify the Wii U Gamepad's existence, so I don't see something like that ever happening quite like that again. If something goes wrong, it probably won't be what did with SFZ.
Isn't that something that have been here since Mario Galaxy?

In any case, I am not really bothered by it, it's whatever.

Also, I'm listening to Broly theme right now and HOLY ****. THAT IS MY ****ING JAM.
DIl3BSeW4AAwarA.png

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE **** THE MUSIC IS SAYING, BUT ALL I HEAR IS MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST DIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Skirmishes are the one thing in Ni No Kuni 2 that I don’t like.
What are those? My sister is playing through the first and interested in the second, however, she is not digging the mechanical side of Ni No Kuni, so if there is something egregiously annoying, it would be best to know about it.

In any case, I am not really bothered by it, it's whatever.

Also, I'm listening to Broly theme right now and HOLY ****. THAT IS MY ****ING JAM.
View attachment 139857
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE **** THE MUSIC IS SAYING, BUT ALL I HEAR IS MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST DIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, genuine metal. Was not expecting.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What are those? My sister is playing through the first and interested in the second, however, she is not digging the mechanical side of Ni No Kuni, so if there is something egregiously annoying, it would be best to know about it.

Wow, genuine metal. Was not expecting.
If she’s not digging the battles of the first one she will like this much better. They got rid of the pokemon aspect and now it’s a more melee focused rpg.

Skirmishes are this side battle system. You indirectly control up to 4 army units and they do the fighting against another army. Kinda Advance Wars esque

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What are those? My sister is playing through the first and interested in the second, however, she is not digging the mechanical side of Ni No Kuni, so if there is something egregiously annoying, it would be best to know about it
Well For one, the battle systen is entirely different in NNK2, the whole familier aspect is gone, replaced with Pikmin type partners nut they are just that, Pikmin, you dont focus on them as much as you focus on thr character your playing

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Ah, I see you finally started the Fate series.

Strap your seat belt. You're in for one crazy and fun ride of a life time!
started with zero:p
This is proof Mafia games are great ads :^)

Enjoy the ride, and remember, Assassin is best character.

Also, I assume you finished Zero, any thoughts you want to share on it?

To quote that again "I dream of a future where historians use Fate artwork for their works"

LEGENDARY SIGURD IS GONNA POWERCREEP OG SIGURD YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS

Man, I love that game. One of the few games I still play in my Wii U from time to time because of how fun the multiplayer is. It has just the right amount of bull**** to be fun.
the grail is a peice of **** thats what. also loved the complex rivalries, defo. I already said sometime how i loved many of the characters a ton and then a ton i disliked like the mage servent duo and assassin being pointless.

Ive been spoiled what things look like by the opening even tho I tried not to look at it, but i think I know what the assasin is in stay night.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
...Crap, I totally forgot about Pikmin 3.

Bring that over too.

...Even though I'm one of those weirdos who prefers 2.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well For one, the battle systen is entirely different in NNK2, the whole familier aspect is gone, replaced with Pikmin type partners nut they are just that, Pikmin, you dont focus on them as much as you focus on thr character your playing
That is much better. She hates micromanaging all of the different characters. Apparently Swain keeps switching to his pistol that only does one damage and she swaps back to him to summon the familiar and he just goes about his business once she stops controlling him. It is annoying her. :laugh:

Or she starts a guard, swaps, and the characters cancels that guard. It definitely sounds annoying. But she loves the art, music, and world so much that she wants to complete it. She was just worried Revenant Kingdom would be more of the same.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I didn't forget Pikmin 3.

I just counted it as one of the games that's getting a Switch sequel. We were flat out told Pikmin 4 is in development, IIRC, and it's fairly safe to assume it'll be a Switch game when it eventually escapes development hell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING

Star Allies GOTY
Adorable! :grin:
I didn't forget Pikmin 3.

I just counted it as one of the games that's getting a Switch sequel. We were flat out told Pikmin 4 is in development, IIRC, and it's fairly safe to assume it'll be a Switch game when it eventually escapes development hell.
Pikmin 4 is in development?
When are they going to talk about Pikmin 4? :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I 'unno.

Palutena Shrug.png

It's my first mainline Mario title.

Clearly I have underestimated the level of talking down to Nintendo's mainstream audience prefers.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Honestly the Nintendo Switch game selection will never be perfect unless they actually have the guts to make an Uprising sequel for it.
Isn't that how we feel about all our favorite games? Just saying lol.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think at this point the only real system-seller the Wii U has that hasn't gotten a Switch port or sequel is Mario Maker.

And that's pretty much inevitable, be it a sequel or otherwise.
I'd rather have that as a sequel, and XCX as a port. Mayber for 2019?

That is still the one thing missing as a port, in my mind. Aside from Mario Maker.

D

Deleted member

I wish I was like Rick the Hamster.

Rick:
Kind-hearted
Adorable

I:
Always stressed.
Has low self-esteem

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd rather have that as a sequel, and XCX as a port. Mayber for 2019?

That is still the one thing missing as a port, in my mind. Aside from Mario Maker.
XCX had a cliffhanger, though.

I'd half expect them to White Knight Chronicles it and make a sequel off a slightly revamped version of it while also packaging the entire original game in.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Rick the Hamster for Smash.

We need more cute chubby rodents.

Especially since Pikachu went on the Slim Fast diet.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That is much better. She hates micromanaging all of the different characters. Apparently Swain keeps switching to his pistol that only does one damage and she swaps back to him to summon the familiar and he just goes about his business once she stops controlling him. It is annoying her. :laugh:

Or she starts a guard, swaps, and the characters cancels that guard. It definitely sounds annoying. But she loves the art, music, and world so much that she wants to complete it. She was just worried Revenant Kingdom would be more of the same.
The cpu teammates were fairly stubborn at most times.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know what's worse: suggesting to kill Rick or calling Fat Pikachu "Thiccichu"
Probably the whole feeding the hamster to Thiccichu was worse than his canonical name. That was needlessly grotesque. Instead, I offer we just allocate all of Rick's hamster kibble to Thiccichu instead. Rick might starve to death, but it is worth it for the beautiful rotund figure that only Jigglypuff could rival.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Eh, I like slim Pikachu better.

I don't understand what the appeal is in overfeeding your rodents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom