• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys holy **** the Dream Friends update is great! All the Dream Friends have unique victory themes, start screens and for the added three at least, unique level design! There's also a new Celebration Puzzle and there's an added theme. Major spoilers
Morpho Knight's theme changes to a theme that relates to the character. I was shocked as hell when VS Marx started playing. Gooey also has a Hyper Zone remix apparently

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I am pretty sure most people aware that third party docks (Nyko's are brick guarantee) will brick your Switch... well, yep, last time I went to my local game store again... the third party dock which is actually good for having an ethernet port... is gone...

So I want to ask... for those who own Switch, what's your alternative for docking Switch without using third party dock?

I bought plastic case for my Switch that you can put in into the official dock... and that's it... I once do afraid it might overheat easily... but as for now my Switch is perfectly fine... and no significant warp whatsoever.

Another solution is buy DIY mini dock that you can just put the original chip in...

last one is just grab an USB typc C extension cable and connect it to Switch and the dock...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Dragon Quest XI... the first game to be announced coming to Switch, actually takes much later to come to Switch...

Typical Square Enix delay at its finest... they should really learn a thing or two from Monolithsoft.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Dragon Quest XI... the first game to be announced coming to Switch, actually takes much later to come to Switch...

Typical Square Enix delay at its finest... they should really learn a thing or two from Monolithsoft.
Well, seeing as their doing this, they better not whine when the Switch version possibly doesn't sell as well as the PS4 version. It really is dumb to release multi-platform games in different years, at best you can get away with is a week, cause people who want the game are going to buy the more easily available version first.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys holy **** the Dream Friends update is great! All the Dream Friends have unique victory themes, start screens and for the added three at least, unique level design! There's also a new Celebration Puzzle and there's an added theme. Major spoilers
Morpho Knight's theme changes to a theme that relates to the character. I was shocked as hell when VS Marx started playing. Gooey also has a Hyper Zone remix apparently
Do you know if Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee also have unique victory themes now?
Question also applies to Morpho Knight's theme btw

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Constant rejection from job interviews is not fun...
Constantly getting ignored from stores you applied to is also not fun

Jobs arent fun
I am pretty sure most people aware that third party docks (Nyko's are brick guarantee) will brick your Switch... well, yep, last time I went to my local game store again... the third party dock which is actually good for having an ethernet port... is gone...

So I want to ask... for those who own Switch, what's your alternative for docking Switch without using third party dock?

I bought plastic case for my Switch that you can put in into the official dock... and that's it... I once do afraid it might overheat easily... but as for now my Switch is perfectly fine... and no significant warp whatsoever.

Another solution is buy DIY mini dock that you can just put the original chip in...

last one is just grab an USB typc C extension cable and connect it to Switch and the dock...
I dont use any other dock then the official dock

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Dang man, new Kirby characters, New DBFZ Fighters, and the Awakening DLC.

Hardly a better time for my break to begin.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, seeing as their doing this, they better not whine when the Switch version possibly doesn't sell as well as the PS4 version. It really is dumb to release multi-platform games in different years, at best you can get away with is a week, cause people who want the game are going to buy the more easily available version first.
DQ XI is perfect for those who don't want 3DS' downgarded style and want the console UE4 version on the go.

I know that DQ Builders isn't the main line DQ game but man I think I will play more DQ games if I have the chance.
I remember I do have two DQ games for the Super Famicom, but I never get in to it not because I don't like it but... it's in Japanese...
Constantly getting ignored from stores you applied to is also not fun

Jobs arent fun

I dont use any other dock then the official dock
If I want to get DQ Builders this year.. I need to find a part time job soon.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
These new Dream Friends are basically what I needed for me to say "I'm gonna buy Star Allies and not give a **** about playing it alone"

They look so damn fun!

Here's to hoping we get a Susie driving a Robobot Armor. That would be awesome! Especially if she can use it to copy stuff like in Robobot.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
And if you think that I am too slow (Thanks to Boreas and lack of time)... Etika from EWNetwork has played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for over 500 hours and only at chapter 8 on his most recent Xenoblade stream (which I didn't check of course) so I wouldn't be surprised if he's already at New Game +.

BTW should I feel glad or bad that my sis and my Bros play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 just for the plot? ( I once said my sis is a huge anime fan so she likes XC2's artstyle and characters.) and my Bros play it.... Because my sis got the game and they have nothing much to play.... My youngest brother dropped XC2 and play Splatoon 2 once he finishes the story and he played some New Game +.... My second brother played XC2 not too long ago and he has already surpassed my progress story wise (at chapter 8)...

So I actually really want to play Splatoon 2... but with my online being not-too-good, and lack of time... and XC2... I haven't really play Splatoon 2 myself, I only play when my brother calls me up and we tend to play Salamon Run. I really want to get back to Splatoon 2 once I am completely done with XC2.

And I am still waiting for my sis to cosplay Pyra.... She probably won't do Mythra any time soon because her costume is hard to make.... I think she had no problems with cosplay either Nia or Morag....

As her favorite non spoiler Blade, I am guessing is Adenine... but not really sure about that...

In XC2 some places even if there is sea clouds.... If it is in low tide, if you drop, you're dead lol.

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
And if possible, I sometimes try to push down the UM sometimes for quick KO lol. Like the one also in Mor Ardain at level 82... It is a Blade connected to UM so... Man it was hard. I beat it first time by pushing to down off the cliff .... Same with that UM I previously mentioned lol.
500 hours? That is about as long as I have recorded on Overwatch over nearly two years (albeit, I played probably another 100 or so with arcade/event modes). Like, what is he even doing? Just running in circles?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
500 hours? That is about as long as I have recorded on Overwatch over nearly two years (albeit, I played probably another 100 or so with arcade/event modes). Like, what is he even doing? Just running in circles?
To be fair, Ovewatch is a shooter, and shooters (Especially those that don't have single player mode) won't take you too much time anyway, so that's not a good comparison if I do say so myself because most RPGs in general take lots of time to complete, not to mention 100% it.
So, I kudos to those who played Splatoon 2 for over 400 hours or even 500 hours....
And no.... salvaging, core resonating, battling, completing quest, look at Heart to Hearts in two languages and party members,doing merc missions, find items, stuff... and last but not least ,resonate all the RNG rare Blades...those can take you for hours.... if you are curious I am currently at 393 hours and at mid chapter 6, still have yet past Tantal. (And I started to play this game since launch btw...) Etika... I think he started to play XC2 after a week or two..

And my rare Blade grind was finally over at March 3rd, coincidentally at the 1st anniversary of Switch and shortly after the Xenoblade 2 1.3.0 update (Which has been said will skip resonate scenes), however it's understandable but odd that I am still trying to finish every quest I can do or finish before chapter 6...
Im walking a friends dog for income rn so hopefully I can get a good amount of money from that
I might work in my university.... or go to a cram school and teach kids...

Last year I work for my teacher I got just enough cash to buy Switch.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
To be fair, Ovewatch is a shooter, and shooters (Especially those that don't have single player mode) won't take you too much time anyway, so that's not a good comparison if I do say so myself because most RPGs in general take lots of time to complete, not to mention 100% it.
So, I kudos to those who played Splatoon 2 for over 400 hours or even 500 hours....
And no.... salvaging, core resonating, battling, completing quest, look at Heart to Hearts in two languages and party members,doing merc missions, find items, stuff... and last but not least ,resonate all the RNG rare Blades...those can take you for hours.... if you are curious I am currently at 393 hours and at mid chapter 6, still have yet past Tantal. (And I started to play this game since launch btw...) Etika... I think he started to play XC2 after a week or two..

And my rare Blade grind was finally over at March 3rd, coincidentally at the 1st anniversary of Switch and shortly after the Xenoblade 2 1.3.0 update (Which has been said will skip resonate scenes), however it's understandable but odd that I am still trying to finish every quest I can do or finish before chapter 6...
My point was, more or less, that Overwatch is the game I have played for the longest period of time and I accrued that number over nearly two years of playing. So I am just putting it into perspective in a way that I can understand the sheer metric volume of just how much time he has wasted. How does one get 500 hours in 3 months, especially when the game only takes half that to complete 100%? You have to be next level terrible or just downright blatantly ignoring your goals (no offense, by the way). Regardless, not really indicative of much other than if you are one of the slowest gamers in the world.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
2 is a big game. Really big. With a lot of sidequests, some of which are only available at certain levels, after other side quests are done, and after reaching certain development levels. Not to mention every Rare Blade has their own sidequests that are pretty meaty a lot of the time (with full on voice acting), and in some cases can only be obtained at certain affinity levels with said blade or when current conditions are met. Not to mention obtaining said blades to begin with.

I'm at 300 hours myself. I've beaten the game mind you, but only about 10 hours so far I've spent on New Game+, and I'm not even max level yet and didn't do NEARLY everything there is to do. That on top of the new content in NG+ still gives me plenty to do.

So yeah tl:dr, plenty to do in the game but some of it is pretty grindy, as is pretty typical with RPGs. If you have a high enough tolerance for the slower parts, the payoff is great.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My point was, more or less, that Overwatch is the game I have played for the longest period of time and I accrued that number over nearly two years of playing. So I am just putting it into perspective in a way that I can understand the sheer metric volume of just how much time he has wasted. How does one get 500 hours in 3 months, especially when the game only takes half that to complete 100%? You have to be next level terrible or just downright blatantly ignoring your goals (no offense, by the way). Regardless, not really indicative of much other than if you are one of the slowest gamers in the world.
Again, trying to 100% XC2 takes more than 500 hours... good luck on trying to get all rare Blades if you don't know the trick...

So, no offense to you as well, but comparing Overwatch despite a game you personally played the most, and it's out for two years... is a shooter game... shooter games that lack single player content don't tend to have a certain amount of playing session, RPGs (Especially JRPGs) does.

And ok, so what's the problem/downside with that besides of me need to avoid XC2 later spoilers? (Which people should really avoid mentioning big/ end game spoiler btw... JRPG discussion 101) I aware you mean no offense but don't tag people with some negative terms...
2 is a big game. Really big. With a lot of sidequests, some of which are only available at certain levels, after other side quests are done, and after reaching certain development levels. Not to mention every Rare Blade has their own sidequests that are pretty meaty a lot of the time (with full on voice acting), and in some cases can only be obtained at certain affinity levels with said blade or when current conditions are met. Not to mention obtaining said blades to begin with.

I'm at 300 hours myself. I've beaten the game mind you, but only about 10 hours so far I've spent on New Game+, and I'm not even max level yet and didn't do NEARLY everything there is to do. That on top of the new content in NG+ still gives me plenty to do.

So yeah tl:dr, plenty to do in the game but some of it is pretty grindy, as is pretty typical with RPGs. If you have a high enough tolerance for the slower parts, the payoff is great.
But again, sorry, to be fair, like past Xenoblade games, quests and rare Blades are optional... you don't really have to do all of them.

Regardless it will still take up to 70 hours to complete the story without doing other things.

And yeah, unlike shooter where you have to be focus all the time, playing JRPGs tend to be more leisure, therefore it's good to play XC2 on the Switch, because if I play it on the go I can just grind in XC2 to kill some time, and I play main story back at home on TV, which is what my sis and I do when playing XC2.

Edit: I am playing my XC2 right now... just salvaging...

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Again, trying to 100% XC2 takes more than 500 hours... good luck on trying to get all rare Blades if you don't know the trick...

So, no offense to you as well, but comparing Overwatch despite a game you personally played the most, and it's out for two years... is a shooter game... shooter games that lack single player content don't tend to have a certain amount of playing session, RPGs (Especially JRPGs) does.

And ok, so what's the problem/downside with that besides of me need to avoid XC2 later spoilers? (Which people should really avoid mentioning big/ end game spoiler btw... JRPG discussion 101) I aware you mean no offense but don't tag people with some negative terms...

But again, sorry, to be fair, like past Xenoblade games, quests and rare Blades are optional... you don't really have to do all of them.

Regardless it will still take up to 70 hours to complete the story without doing other things.

And yeah, unlike shooter where you have to be focus all the time, playing JRPGs tend to be more leisure, therefore it's good to play XC2 on the Switch, because if I play it on the go I can just grind in XC2 to kill some time, and I play main story back at home on TV, which is what my sis and I do when playing XC2.

I... Know it's optional? I never implied or made it seem like it was otherwise. I'm just saying that's an easy reason someone could have 500 hours in the game yet not even be past chapter 8 yet.

Chrono.

What was the song we heard in his trailers then?
It was an orchestral remix of Goku Black's theme, so I'm 99% sure it's Fused Zamasu's theme.

Speaking of him, Trunks had a lot of stuff added to him in the files. Mostly related to his SSJ Rage mode and Sword of Hope.

So, yeah. Zamasu (and Vegito) are pretty much a lock now.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Bamco is weird lol

Ginyu's trailer used Frieza's theme and it wasn't until the game came out that we learned he had his own theme.
Ginyu's case at least makes sense because
  1. Frieza was already confirmed
  2. Ginyu is extremely loyal to him
Broly having what could be Fused Zamasu's theme in his trailer makes no sense.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I... Know it's optional? I never implied or made it seem like it was otherwise. I'm just saying that's an easy reason someone could have 500 hours in the game yet not even be past chapter 8 yet.
And it isn't a shame that I spend over 390 hours and it still at chapter 6... I do find my self have to proceed, but then again I'm just not rush to do so. Once I have more time and finish the last Blade quest... then yeah I might quickly swift to chapter 8.

Not to mention comparing shooter game to JRPG is odd, you can habe a lot of fun playing Overwatch just for a couple of minutes, as for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to get most out of it you have to play the game for a long time to even "finish" the story.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

I already stated, it was for my own perspective. And I looked up the completion time, unless by completion you mean doing some random arbitrary task, it literally takes 250-300 hours which is in line with other JRPG. Do what you will with your time, but if it has to take you that long, it is probably extremely tedious and not intended on the developers part.

I never stated that there was a problem, you are the one with a problem, fam. If it genuinely offended you that you are objectively slower than average, maybe do not respond to me? Nothing about it was negative unless you perceive it to be the case. I could care less how long it takes someone to complete something. I am just saying that in order to get hours around that time, you have to be doing something out of the ordinary. Nothing about that is inherently negative. I am not here to cater to your every whim. All I was pointing out is that it is utterly absurd. Any reasonable person would see that without my grand insight, but I felt compelled to point it out, regardless.

By all means, have fun. If I could, somehow, play a single player game for more than 200 hours on any given file, I would. But, there is rarely enough to legitimately do outside of personal goals that have nothing to do with "completion."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have like 410 hours in XB2 as of now, but I think I had 100~ hours when I finished the game main story. I take a huge pause at around Chapter 5 & 6 from the story and decided to do alot of sidequest and side content. But after awhile, I decided I would finish everything once I finished the main story. So I advanced the story forward and only did a very few sidequest here and there.

Right now, I'm more farming for money to buy lots of Noponcho to give to my blades, so that I can have S+ rank on all of them.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have like 410 hours in XB2 as of now, but I think I had 100~ hours when I finished the game main story. I take a huge pause at around Chapter 5 & 6 from the story and decided to do alot of sidequest and side content. But after awhile, I decided I would finish everything once I finished the main story. So I advanced the story forward and only did a very few sidequest here and there.

Right now, I'm more farming for money to buy lots of Noponcho to give to my blades, so that I can have S+ rank on all of them.
Honestly, given that you are, I believe the fourth person who has hours well above what I believed to be the norm, I am going to just say that the source I read was probably false. My b.

It is definitely a great warning sign for me to steer clear, however.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, given that you are, I believe the fourth person who has hours well above what I believed to be the norm, I am going to just say that the source I read was probably false. My b.

It is definitely a great warning sign for me to steer clear, however.
Really, the main story isn't that long. It's the sidequest and the fun battle system that keep me going right now. Not to mention the free NG+ updates having alot of cool stuff and the fact that more DLC and free content are coming along the way.

In any case, I'm glad I could help.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I already stated, it was for my own perspective. And I looked up the completion time, unless by completion you mean doing some random arbitrary task, it literally takes 250-300 hours which is in line with other JRPG. Do what you will with your time, but if it has to take you that long, it is probably extremely tedious and not intended on the developers part.
No it isn't, any game can play for a long time as long you like it. I can bear some tedious sessions and still take time to play the game,and I still got more things to do.

I never stated that there was a problem, you are the one with a problem, fam. If it genuinely offended you that you are objectively slower than average, maybe do not respond to me? Nothing about it was negative unless you perceive it to be the case. I could care less how long it takes someone to complete something. I am just saying that in order to get hours around that time, you have to be doing something out of the ordinary. Nothing about that is inherently negative. I am not here to cater to your every whim. All I was pointing out is that it is utterly absurd. Any reasonable person would see that without my grand insight, but I felt compelled to point it out, regardless.
How is someone playing a game longer than it intends to be something unusual? Obviously that those play time are just for reference it shouldn't be completely regarded as "Oh, you must finish this game within this time, otherwise it isn't normal " ... I am sure you are not like that but from me looking your first part, I do feel a bit like that....

Sometimes you just have to acknowledge other people having a different playing habit. If you personally consider it a problem or just shouldn't happen, then that is just your mere opinion...

And not getting to heated but... You can't really tell people to don't even respond to your quote, you can give out your two cents do why can't I?

I just don't really see why playing a game for a long time can be such a problem/or just unusual to you.
To me, I don't really care how much people play a certain game either. I won't call out people "you are not playing normally" if they play a game for too long.

Edit:I do consider your statement a bit negative, but I actually found it more unable to comprehend, due to the fact that playing a video game longer then it "intends" to be won' the harm anyone... Or even me, since I don't have other games that I need to play to get the most out of it.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, I'mma have a bit of a rant here. I just kinda need this right now.

*Inhale*

If I see another "Nintendo has had nothing to play since Odyssey" comment or tweet I'm legit going to blow a gasket.

Seriously. Yes, there's a bit of a gap in games right now. I'm not denying that. Guess what, EVERY company has those.

Normally I wouldn't be this livid and just brush this off, but some people are being so bratty about this. For real, within the span of a year, we got a mainline Mario game, Mainline Zelda game, New Splatoon, new IP, New Xenoblade, new Metroid, a Pokemon addition, a remake of one of the best Mario RPGs, a new Mario spinoff and MUCH MORE, again all within the span of a YEAR.

And we just got a new Kirby game and Detective Chu. Regardless of how you may feel about those games, those are still mainline entries in two of Nintendo's big IPs. Just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean there's been a gap in games.

Don't have a 3DS to play some of the great 3DS titles released over this time? Guess what, there's options to get a 2DS for under 100 bucks. If you are so ready to spend more money on Switch games and really need something to play, 3/2DS is so affordable right now.

Still don't want a 3/2DS? Guess what, Nintendo is not the only company in existence. There's so many great games in the Switch's library right now by other companies that can more than fill up your library. Just... Experiment a little and pop the Nintendo bubble.

Just... UGH. I'm not saying people have no right to complain about this, we do have essentially a 2-3 month gap with our next big title being a Tennis game, but come on, give Nintendo a bit of slack. There are people comparing this to the Wii U right now and that just baffles me.

[/rant]

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I was planning to get all rare Blade before chapter 5,it is actually possible, but it is hard....
Okay, I'mma have a bit of a rant here. I just kinda need this right now.

*Inhale*

If I see another "Nintendo has had nothing to play since Odyssey" comment or tweet I'm legit going to blow a gasket.

Seriously. Yes, there's a bit of a gap in games right now. I'm not denying that. Guess what, EVERY company has those.

Normally I wouldn't be this livid and just brush this off, but people are being so bratty about this. For real, within the span of a year, we got a mainline Mario game, Mainline Zelda game, New Splatoon, new IP, New Xenoblade, new Metroid, a Pokemon addition, a remake of one of the best Mario RPGs, a new Mario spinoff and MUCH MORE, again all within the span of a YEAR.

And we just got a new Kirby game and Detective Chu Regardless of how you may feel about those games, those are still mainline entries in two of Nintendo's big IPs.

Don't have a 3DS to play some of the great 3DS titles released over this time? Guess what, there's options to get a 2DS for under 100 bucks. If you are so ready to spend more money on Switch games and really need something to play, 3/2DS is so affordable right now.

Still don't want a 3/2DS? Guess what, Nintendo is not the only company in existence. There's so many great games in the Switch's library right now by other companies that can more than fill up your library. Just... Experiment a little and pop the Nintendo bubble.

Just... UGH. I'm not saying people have no right to complain about this, we do have essentially a 2-3 month gap with our next big title being a Tennis game, but come on, give Nintendo a bit of slack. There are people comparing this to the Wii U right now and that just baffles me.

[/rant]
Tl;dr
THERE'S JUST TOO MANY GAMES ON NINTENDO Switch!

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
FATE STAY NIGHT IS SO HYPE AND IVE ONLY WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was planning to get all rare Blade before chapter 5,it is actually possible, but it is hard....

Tl;dr
THERE'S JUST TOO MANY GAMES ON NINTENDO Switch!
You technically can't get every blades in the game if you haven't started NG+, but that's a whole new story.

For me, I decided to get every blades much later in the postgame. And once I got them all, I was the happiest man alive.:4kirby:

The new blades weren't much of a problem either, since I farmed legendary crystals, boosters & used luck item/blades to boost my chance of getting the blades I wanted. The only one I didn't get in the early NG+ was only because you can only get That Blade after a moment in chapter 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom