• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

So Dragon Quest XI on Nintendo platforms is turning to be a bit of a mess.

They announce an "NX" version of the game as far as 2015, but now it's pretty obvious that was pure marketing and they had no devkits. As the game is slated to come "much later" in regards to the PC/PS4 version and we still have no idea how the Switch version even plays or looks like.

On top of that, the 3DS version of DQ11 is skipping localization entirely.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If I see another "Nintendo has had nothing to play since Odyssey" comment or tweet I'm legit going to blow a gasket.
You're going to get these regardless. Just remember, there aren't just going to be whiners. There's going to be people who mainly say stuff to tick people off. This is going to be common regardless of who is complaining or not, the best you can do is simply ignore them. It's not going to be easy, but focusing on just having fun with the games you have than focusing on people detracting or whatnot is going to help you more in the long run.

Also, new Avatar to prepare for Team Grima with Guidance. Here's hoping I get Female Robin to go with my Male Robin.....what's with that look? Obviously, I mean team-wise and not support-wise. :lol:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You technically can't get every blades in the game if you haven't started NG+, but that's a whole new story.

For me, I decided to get every blades much later in the postgame. And once I got them all, I was the happiest man alive.:4kirby:
Yes...I get that and it's a bit of a spoiler giveaway lol.

And what's more ironic, you got all rare Blade more faster than me lol.

So Dragon Quest XI on Nintendo platforms is turning to be a bit of a mess.

They announce an "NX" version of the game as far as 2015, but now it's pretty obvious that was pure marketing and they had no devkits. As the game is slated to come "much later" in regards to the PC/PS4 version and we still have no idea how the Switch version even plays or looks like.

On top of that, the 3DS version of DQ11 is skipping localization entirely.
For Nintendo Switch owners we just have to wait....
So for 3DS owners though.. . that just sucks...

Morbi

Scavenger
No it isn't, any game can play for a long time as long you like it. I can bear some tedious sessions and still take time to play the game,and I still got more things to do.

How is someone playing a game longer than it intends to be something unusual? Obviously that those play time are just for reference it shouldn't be completely regarded as "Oh, you must finish this game within this time, otherwise it isn't normal " ... I am sure you are not like that but from me looking your first part, I do feel a bit like that....

Sometimes you just have to acknowledge other people having a different playing habit. If you personally consider it a problem or just shouldn't happen, then that is just your mere opinion...

And not getting to heated but... You can't really tell people to don't even respond to your quote, you can give out your two cents do why can't I?

I just don't really see why playing a game for a long time can be such a problem/or just unusual to you.
To me, I don't really care how much people play a certain game.... I really don't ...

Edit:I do consider your statement a bit negative, but I actually found it more unable to comprehend, due to the fact that playing a video game longer then it "intends" to be won' the harm anyone... Or even me, since I don't have other games that need to play.
It is not grossly unusual, just a bit. By definition. It is not usual, and therefore it is unusual.

I agree, I only use them for reference myself. Usually I complete games far before those times and I am not "rushing" per se.

I already stated that it was not a problem and yes, if I did have a problem, I am well aware that it would be my opinion. Hence why I shared it. I understand, do not worry about it.

You literally told me not to be negative, I was merely suggesting something that could aid you in the future, especially because I was not being negative. Offense can only be taken, never given and I went out of the way to share my intent. I love it when people respond to me as I am here to have discussions. So, by all means.

I honestly believe I am not the only one that believes 500 hours on a game is a bit much. I can only speak for myself, but those are ludicrous numbers. What other games have you played for that long?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yes...I get that and it's a bit of a spoiler giveaway lol.

And what's more ironic, you got all rare Blade more faster than me lol.

Again, I don't know if the luck of getting new blades increase the latter in the game you are. So maybe that helped too. (Though, getting Kos-Mos in chapter 5-6 was definitly me being lucky lol)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You're going to get these regardless. Just remember, there aren't just going to be whiners. There's going to be people who mainly say stuff to tick people off. This is going to be common regardless of who is complaining or not, the best you can do is simply ignore them. It's not going to be easy, but focusing on just having fun with the games you have than focusing on people detracting or whatnot is going to help you more in the long run.

Also, new Avatar to prepare for Team Grima with Guidance. Here's hoping I get Female Robin to go with my Male Robin.....what's with that look? Obviously, I mean team-wise and not support-wise. :lol:
I know. It's just, a lot of this is stemming from people like Arlo and The Lonely Goomba, two people I massively respect for two different reasons, and they're big enough at this point that comments like that tend to make ripples. I know they're just people with opinions like you and me at the end of the day but still. Eh.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Eh, not necessarily. I am not a whiner or someone who wants to tick people off, well, perhaps a little bit. However, the Nintendo Switch has objectively had a slow start if you were a Wii U owner. Odyssey was the first and only game I purchased for it and it has been collecting dust. They themselves even admit that there is indeed a drought at the moment, which I have no idea why they would then be angry at people who also noticed this fact, but that is not any of my business. The only reason I am not complaining is BECAUSE Smash, Metroid, and Pokemon, along with an Ace Attorney game, are coming. That being said, having tons of indies and ports was really not what I had in mind when I purchased the console.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It is not grossly unusual, just a bit. By definition. It is not usual, and therefore it is unusual.
Well, just to be clear, I don't consider it unusual. .. Because it just people's own habit when it comes to playing video games...

I agree, I only use them for reference myself. Usually I complete games far before those times and I am not "rushing" per se.
To be clear, again, lol.
It depends on the games. I don't spend too much time on most of the games either.
Because I know Xenoblade series pretty well, that's why I spend a lot of time not only doing the extras but also just grinding for more.

You literally told me not to be negative, I was merely suggesting something that could aid you in the future, especially because I was not being negative. Offense can only be taken, never given and I went out of the way to share my intent. I love it when people respond to me as I am here to have discussions. So, by all means.
Um, no, I just sort of consider your statement a bit negative tbh and you told me not to respond to. Which I found that statement a bit ridiculous too to some extent.

And I have nothing needed be to aid silly, despite Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my most played game on Nintendo Switch.... So I just think your statement was negative but no offense, and plus a bit... Hollow? Because your statement won't stop me from continuing to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 anyway.

I honestly believe I am not the only one that believes 500 hours on a game is a bit much. I can only speak for myself, but those are ludicrous numbers. What other games have you played for that long?
News flash, I actually said 500 hours XC2 .. .Was another Youtuber called Etika, funny dude but his fanbase...I think they are crazy that what I can say.

And yeah, but in general they aren't ludicrous...

And to answer that...
None....
Well. . .. Actually.... That is Nintendo Switch at least.
The only game I have played for over 560 hours.... Is Smash 3DS....is that ludicrous? Lol

Again, I don't know if the luck of getting new blades increase the latter in the game you are. So maybe that helped too. (Though, getting Kos-Mos in chapter 5-6 was definitly me being lucky lol)
Same for me, I never expect to get KOS Mos that soon....
It was all thanks to @Mythra ...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, just to be clear, I don't consider it unusual. .. Because it just people's own habit when it comes to playing video games...

To be clear, again, lol.
It depends on the games. I don't spend too much time on most of the games either.
Because I know Xenoblade series pretty well, that's why I spend a lot of time not only doing the extras but also just grinding for more.

Um, no, I just sort of consider your statement a bit negative tbh and you told me not to respond of that's the ade. Which I found that statement ridiculous too to some extent.
And I have nothing needed be to aid silly, despite Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my most played game on Nintendo Switch.

News flash, I actually said 500 hours XC2 .. .Was another Youtuber called Etika, funny dude but his fanbase...I think they are crazy that what I can say.

And yeah, but in general they aren't ludicrous...

And to answer that...
None....
Well. . .. Actually.... That is Nintendo Switch at least.
The only game I have played for over 560 hours.... Is Smash 3DS....is that ludicrous? Lol
Fair enough.

Definitely, that is why I put usually. I spend a lot of time in modern open-world games just driving around the cities listening to the radio. I sometimes treat them like Burnout, drive really close to the other cars without hitting them. Just a little extra something that pads my play-time in games such as GTA.

I noticed that you found it to be negative, which is why I suggested what I suggested. You can take it or leave it; however, I fail to see the point that you are making. I already told you twice, it was not intended to be negative. Whatever you want to believe is your prerogative, but I have no motive to offend you.

Correct? That was the time I played Overwatch and the time that I referenced as ludicrous and presumably you got offended because you will pass that benchmark yourself. I love Etika, he is hilarious.

Yes.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
With nearly every worthwhile Wii U game having or getting a Switch port or sequel, I genuinely think the Switch's lineup is already going to be better than Wii U's by the end of the year.

Morbi

Scavenger
With nearly every worthwhile Wii U game having or getting a Switch port or sequel, I genuinely think the Switch's lineup is already going to be better than Wii U's by the end of the year.
Once it has Smash, it will have surpassed the Wii U, easily. After that, Metroid will be the nail in the coffin, and Pokemon will be desecrating the grave.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay, I'mma have a bit of a rant here. I just kinda need this right now.

*Inhale*

If I see another "Nintendo has had nothing to play since Odyssey" comment or tweet I'm legit going to blow a gasket.

Seriously. Yes, there's a bit of a gap in games right now. I'm not denying that. Guess what, EVERY company has those.

Normally I wouldn't be this livid and just brush this off, but some people are being so bratty about this. For real, within the span of a year, we got a mainline Mario game, Mainline Zelda game, New Splatoon, new IP, New Xenoblade, new Metroid, a Pokemon addition, a remake of one of the best Mario RPGs, a new Mario spinoff and MUCH MORE, again all within the span of a YEAR.

And we just got a new Kirby game and Detective Chu. Regardless of how you may feel about those games, those are still mainline entries in two of Nintendo's big IPs. Just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean there's been a gap in games.

Don't have a 3DS to play some of the great 3DS titles released over this time? Guess what, there's options to get a 2DS for under 100 bucks. If you are so ready to spend more money on Switch games and really need something to play, 3/2DS is so affordable right now.

Still don't want a 3/2DS? Guess what, Nintendo is not the only company in existence. There's so many great games in the Switch's library right now by other companies that can more than fill up your library. Just... Experiment a little and pop the Nintendo bubble.

Just... UGH. I'm not saying people have no right to complain about this, we do have essentially a 2-3 month gap with our next big title being a Tennis game, but come on, give Nintendo a bit of slack. There are people comparing this to the Wii U right now and that just baffles me.

[/rant]
In 2018, there are more crybabies in the world than it was in the 90's.

But seriously I agree with you 100%. People are just doing nothing to whine all day and even I can't always get every game I'd like to have so I keep replaying the old games to keep me busy (Fire Emblem Path of Radiance was one of the greatest ideas) until I can find something "to play"

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think at this point the only real system-seller the Wii U has that hasn't gotten a Switch port or sequel is Mario Maker.

And that's pretty much inevitable, be it a sequel or otherwise.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pop Team Epic Overall Impressions:

Pop Team Epic, was a pretty strange experience. I expected the anime to be extremely strange, but the way the show frequently breaks the anime medium altogether made it a very interesting ride. I thought the jokes were a hit/miss, more or less. The Bobbenemi segments are definitely the funniest parts with how badly animated and amazing the voice actors are. But the rest are eh. Thinking about my neutral impressions more specifically, I realized something.

Pop Team Epic is basically an experimental anime. It is a hugely collective showcase of what Japanese producers are capable in playing with different formats and mediums, much like how experimental Western media is with cartoon animation. As crazy as it sounds, I see Pop Team Epic as something of a savior for Japan’s anime industry. I can see this anime continuing for years to come as a way for several kinds of staff members to get the chance to improve in many different skills, not needing to worry so much about overall quality, more so focusing on being playful and fun.

If there is a second season, I will definitely give that a watch. Although, I will not watch it for the comedy, I more so want to see how various people all over the world can tackle PTE segments, experimenting with different mediums and comedy. We had content from a French CG animator and a talented Japanese person that created one bizarrely cool animated segment named Hellshake Yano, how about people from other regions tackle Pop Team Epic for fun?

Chrono.

"We just have to wait" on blind faith for a port that could turn out to be shoddy as all hell. Or maybe it's not even a port and it's just an updated 3DS version.

The point is we don't have a lot to go off on.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think at this point the only real system-seller the Wii U has that hasn't gotten a Switch port or sequel is Mario Maker.

Mario Maker is basically the reason why I said "nearly every" in my post.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think at this point the only real system-seller the Wii U has that hasn't gotten a Wii U port or sequel is Mario Maker.

Wonderful 101? :troll:

But seriously, it has a few of those Mario games that have naming conventions that make it impossible for me to allude to them reasonably. I expect Mario Maker will have a Switch port within a matter of time.

Chrono.

Mario Maker would be better with a sequel.

Porting would be a hassle with no Miiverse I feel.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So someone on FEH Reddit pointed out something particular. Before we got Legendary Ike, we got Micaiah, Sothe and Zelgius in the same month. Before we got Legendary Ephraim, we got Sacred Memories Eirika. And recently, before Female Robin was announced, we got Fallen Male Robin and Branded Chrom. Basically so far, the recent Legendary Heroes we've been getting have been related to the new characters we got within the same month span(as Sacred Eirika's banner started in the same month as L.Ike, but her Banner continued into the next month, which was the month L!Ephraim was announced).

So what does this mean for the next month? Remember that next month, we are getting new Heroes in the form of Leif, Nanna and Finn. They are just one Banner of new Heroes however. As it's possible they might do a 2nd set of new heroes, like how they did the World of Dawn Banner and Sacred Memories Banner in the same month and they did the Fallen Heroes and Branded King Banners within a month. So it's possible that next month, we could get either:
-A Legendary version of Alm to connect with Fallen Celica.
-A Legendary Hero related to the Set of Heroes before or after the Thracia Banner.
-A Legendary Hero related to Thracia or Jugdral in general. inb4Legendary Reinhardt with Master Sword

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wonderful 101? :troll:

But seriously, it has a few of those Mario games that have naming conventions that make it impossible for me to allude to them reasonably. I expect Mario Maker will have a Switch port within a matter of time.
The Wonderful 101 wasn't even a Wonderful 101 seller, let alone a system seller. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Do you know if Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee also have unique victory themes now?
Question also applies to Morpho Knight's theme btw
Yes and dunno
Pop Team Epic Overall Impressions:

Pop Team Epic, was a pretty strange experience. I expected the anime to be extremely strange, but the way the show frequently breaks the anime medium altogether made it a very interesting ride. I thought the jokes were a hit/miss, more or less. The Bobbenemi segments are definitely the funniest parts with how badly animated and amazing the voice actors are. But the rest are eh. Thinking about my neutral impressions more specifically, I realized something.

Pop Team Epic is basically an experimental anime. It is a hugely collective showcase of what Japanese producers are capable in playing with different formats and mediums, much like how experimental Western media is with cartoon animation. As crazy as it sounds, I see Pop Team Epic as something of a savior for Japan’s anime industry. I can see this anime continuing for years to come as a way for several kinds of staff members to get the chance to improve in many different skills, not needing to worry so much about overall quality, more so focusing on being playful and fun.

If there is a second season, I will definitely give that a watch. Although, I will not watch it for the comedy, I more so want to see how various people all over the world can tackle PTE segments, experimenting with different mediums and comedy. We had content from a French CG animator and a talented Japanese person that created one bizarrely cool animated segment named Hellshake Yano, how about people from other regions tackle Pop Team Epic for fun?
smh you can't even spell Bobunemimimi right you fake anime fan

Morbi

Scavenger
Mario Maker would be better with a sequel.

Porting would be a hassle with no Miiverse I feel.
Honestly, that is probably why the port does not yet exist, same as Smash. They ported it to the 3DS, so the Switch would be no problem. And yet, here we are. I guess you are correct.

D

Deleted member

Dang man, new Kirby characters, New DBFZ Fighters, and the Awakening DLC.

Hardly a better time for my break to begin.
I have school tomorrow and break happens. So Thursday is the last day of school before the break.
When that break ends.... school is back and it is going to be more in force I believe, IDK. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tfw everyone forgot about Pikmin 3.

Morbi

Scavenger
Thanks, I had finally forgotten about it and you just had to bring it up. I like to pretend the series does not exist. I am not really up to date on Nintendo news, because, well, there was no reason to be up until recently; however, I vaguely recall GameXplain constantly predicting Pikmin 4 for every Nintendo related event. So, it will probably be a Splatoon 2 situation. Not a pseudo-port, but just going with a sequel instead.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
...I didn't...

Anyway, people really shouldn't be saying we in a drought for the Switch, they just got a major Kirby platformer all. Effectively we're now waiting until E3 for more major big releases. Those who are saying the Switch is in a drought, need to understand this:

Major AAA games don't usually come out from big publishers between End of March to mid of May.

Morbi

Scavenger
...I didn't...

Anyway, people really shouldn't be saying we in a drought for the Switch, they just got a major Kirby platformer all. Effectively we're now waiting until E3 for more major big releases. Those who are saying the Switch is in a drought, need to understand this:

Major AAA games don't usually come out from big publishers between End of March to mid of May.
I am not lying, I thought Kirby Star Allies was another 3DS game. Cross my heart, fam. I did not even realize until it was much closer to release and even then, it is pretty easy to forget.

That being said, you can still have rainfall in a drought, I should know. I live in an arid climate.

Usually those major publishers release more than one major game a year, however, and even if they did not, your other console is still usable from other publishers. With a Switch, you are bound to Nintendo, who released one major game after the Summer. Facts are facts.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I am not lying, I thought Kirby Star Allies was another 3DS game. Cross my heart, fam. I did not even realize until it was much closer to release and even then, it is pretty easy to forget.

That being said, you can still have rainfall in a drought, I should know. I live in an arid climate.

Usually those major publishers release more than one major game a year, however, and even if they did not, your other console is still usable from other publishers. With a Switch, you are bound to Nintendo, who released one major game after the Summer. Facts are facts.
...Its not Summer yet.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly the Nintendo Switch game selection will never be perfect unless they actually have the guts to make an Uprising sequel for it.

But I have ten physical Switch titles in the span of a year and don't feel any kind of bizarre compulsion to crap on all the ones I don't buy, so I can't say I'm doing half bad. Even if a lot of them don't have much progress on them. XC2 only really had the misfortune of being in my hands just a couple days before Skyrim, though.

. . .Oddly the game I feel like I enjoyed the LEAST out of my physical library was Odyssey. Just kind of a dull pacing during the starting levels I was on without any of the catharsis of level grinding or object building, and the dialog treated me like a three year old in a way no other Nintendo game ever did. It's the game I'm least tempted to go back to once I'm thoroughly worn out of Skyrim.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
FATE STAY NIGHT IS SO HYPE AND IVE ONLY WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ah, I see you finally started the Fate series.

Strap your seat belt. You're in for one crazy and fun ride of a life time!

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly the Nintendo Switch game selection will never be perfect unless they actually have the guts to make an Uprising sequel for it.

But I have ten physical Switch titles in the span of a year and don't feel any kind of bizarre compulsion to crap on all the ones I don't buy, so I can't say I'm doing half bad. Even if a lot of them don't have much progress on them. XC2 only really had the misfortune of being in my hands just a couple days before Skyrim, though.

. . .Oddly the game I feel like I enjoyed the LEAST out of my physical library was Odyssey. Just kind of a dull pacing during the starting levels I was on without any of the catharsis of level grinding or object building, and the dialog treated me like a three year old in a way no other Nintendo game ever did. It's the game I'm least tempted to go back to once I'm thoroughly worn out of Skyrim.
I always wanted a Kid Icarus game on the Wii U. I am a bit scared what they would do with it after witnessing Star Fox Zero, where you basically need to beat the game just to learn the controls or play co-op.

I am just not interested in the games. It is not necessarily crapping on them. I just want titles that do not suck. :troll:

Skyrim is probably one of the better games on the Switch, now that you mention it. I might pick it up and replay it... Again.

Wow! That is insane. Odyssey was amazing. I am not sure if you play many Nintendo games, however, because they all treat you like you are seven. I am not comprehending why treating you just a smidgen younger is offensive.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I didn't really see anything in Odyssey's dialog that was more kid-oriented than every other Mario game released starting from Galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom