• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
BotW is a game where dumping on it is seen as such a hip thing to do that even though there's clearly room for improvement I just can't be bothered to offer much criticism. Hipster bait isn't worth my time any more than mainstream dumping grounds are.

But I will say that the scenery design was ON POINT. I can't picture many games on the market that have sights with quite as much emotion to them. Skyrim takes a crack at it, but as much as the DIALOG is better the awe factor of visual setpieces just can't come close. Cell shading is a criminally underused artstyle, too.

Ivander

Smash Legend
His tornado attack produces stars, at least in Ultra.
And I'm speaking from fresh expirience since I've been playing the **** out of Helper ot hero in the last few days.
That's possible and I just never noticed. I mean, if you didn't have a way to attack Meta-Knight in the possibility you fight him without a Copy Ability or if you lost the Sword ability, you would never beat him. It was just hard to beat Meta-Knight with that due to relying on Suplex's weak pinpoint kick.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Devil's Advocate.
Nah, that can't be it. That's what I do, and all I saw was bull**** sass.

Lemme keep trying.

Dipped Almonds?

Dirty Apron.

Wait wait wait no I got it. Disenfranchised Albatross.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nah, that can't be it. That's what I do, and all I saw was bull**** sass.

Lemme keep trying.

Dipped Almonds?

Dirty Apron.

Wait wait wait no I got it. Disenfranchised Albatross.
Dental Agony

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bugzzy isn't bad. His standard B attack wrecked Whispy Woods and King Dedede at least.

Too bad he can't produce Ladybugs like the boss fight against him

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK but I have to get this out

In particular, I find the best designed spot in BotW to be the top of the glowing mountain.

There's no quest, no epic battle to be had, no real explanation, it's just. . .

When you get there, EVERYTHING is on point. Everything.

Even the sound design that normally has generic music for nearly every location suddenly shifts to a song that perfectly matches the tone. I have never seen a game so wordlessly capture a collection of emotions into a single, small, largely useless little location like that. If you gave me a few different locations like that in any given game that encourages you to wander the world and explore, I'd be a VERY happy gamer.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think you are bit right Mythra Mythra ,not sure why but once I got the safest way to deal with that Lv 130 Kurdoil... the Taychon Chip drop rate becomes slims... for some reason, hell I think that even chain combo to Full burst it to death doesn't even help...

I just beat that Kuroil three times... and no Taychon Chips...

And my way may not be the best but...

Rex draws aggro and unleashes special IV with Newt, and being tank is better to prevent your other two member get Bonecrushed. Also with Newt on Rex even with Run Rampage he will never die in full health or even get launched. And put Adenine to Morag because she can charge to lv 2 fast, therefore Nia with Kora can immediately go with the last special by performing the (Wind> Wind > Electric) Blade combo. The reason why I go with it was because not only it's easy, and Kora's special III can heal and Blowdown the Kurdoil.

There were many ways but this one I found myself die less the most, I didn't get wipe out ever since with this pair.

Hope the later super bosses can be more fair than this Kurdoil...

And can Boreas please fill your Trust up quickly? Even if I can't complete his quest before chapter 7 I still want to fill his trust up, and follow up might be Kora and Finch...

Edit:
When Kurdoil uses Murder Ray or Ultra Annihilation Fire...
And you don't have neither party gauge filled nor Special IV ready...

When your party gauge or special IV is ready:

Using Blade Combos to Full Burst actually is pretty ineffective to farm stuff :p

Use Driver Combos only to smash the boi; pre-patch that gave me around 4-6 Chips per battle, now it gives me 1-3

For Rex I always use Mythra and only switch to Dagas and Roc to Launch and Smash. I tend to die a couple of times, but it is not a big deal as having S+ Trust with Mythra gives me a golden link pretty quickly.
For some reason I always survive Murder Ray, but I Chain Attack Ultra Annihilation Flare just in case

Kurodil is pretty inbetween in the Superboss rank, like only 2 of them are much easier than him, the rest are harder and have many bull**** moves.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
If you have not yet played Breath of the Wild, you are probably never going to. Let us be real, it was a hype train sort of game. I have not heard much about it ever since it launched outside of the DLC that everyone wanted to say sucked but was too afraid to because everybody was busy pretending the game was a masterpiece.
On my way to the internet to pretend I like a game I don’t just to fool people and support corporate overlords, because that’s a good use of time. I’m definitely a real person who exists

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
BotW is a game where dumping on it is seen as such a hip thing to do that even though there's clearly room for improvement I just can't be bothered to offer much criticism. Hipster bait isn't worth my time any more than mainstream dumping grounds are.
"People don't like it/have isuses with it therefore they are hipsters"

Zelda Fans everybody! :laugh:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"People don't like it therefore they are hipsters"

Zelda Fan everybody! :laugh:
BotW is only the second Zelda game I've beaten and the fourth I've tried. The first being Phantom Hourglass and the two unbeaten ones being Spirit Tracks and Four Swords. All either loaners or free prior to BotW.

I'm no Zelda fan, people whining just irritates me LOL.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
On my way to the internet to pretend I like a game I don’t just to fool people and support corporate overlords, because that’s a good use of time. I’m definitely a real person who exists
Just as I post that I see an equally weird take from the other side:
PEOPLE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION FROM YOURS AREN’T MAKING IT UP

THE FACT THAT YOU WERE BOTH ABLE TO RATIONALIZE OPPOSITE IDEAS AS PEOPLE TRYING TO BE COOL HIGHLIGHTS THE ABSURDITY OF THE ARGUMENT

I don’t mean to dump on you specifically but this attitude bugs me

D

Deleted member

OK but I have to get this out

In particular, I find the best designed spot in BotW to be the top of the glowing mountain.

There's no quest, no epic battle to be had, no real explanation, it's just. . .

When you get there, EVERYTHING is on point. Everything.

Even the sound design that normally has generic music for nearly every location suddenly shifts to a song that perfectly matches the tone. I have never seen a game so wordlessly capture a collection of emotions into a single, small, largely useless little location like that. If you gave me a few different locations like that in any given game that encourages you to wander the world and explore, I'd be a VERY happy gamer.
wAIT YOU'RE TELLING ME THERE'S NOTHING ON THAT GLOWING SPOT
tHE ****
i SPENT AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR TO GET THERE AFTER SEEING THE GLOW FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE AND SPENT ANOTHER HALF AN HOUR TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT TO DO
**** THIS GAME

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
tHE ****
i SPENT AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR TO GET THERE AFTER SEEING THE GLOW FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE AND SPENT ANOTHER HALF AN HOUR TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT TO DO
**** THIS GAME
There's something there, just nothing you get to -keep-.

Fun experience nonetheless, though. Hope you brought a bunch of stamina boosting food.

*EDIT* Assuming it's still glowing and you didn't just rush in there like a maniac.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
tHE ****
**** THIS GAME
no there’s something really cool there

it just isn’t something that is A Quest that Allows You To Videogame More Efficiently

D

Deleted member

There's something there, just nothing you get to -keep-.

Fun experience nonetheless, though. Hope you brought a bunch of stamina boosting food.
No, but for real, tell me what it is.
Also, is it supposed to stop glowing after you get there or is that a time based thing?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No, but for real, tell me what it is.
Also, is it supposed to stop glowing after you get there or is that a time based thing?
I think it's a time based thing, yeah. I'm guessing you just missed it.

If you get there while it's glowing. . .

There are a TON of those little glowing moth-bunnies like what you see on the path behind Kakariko. . .and a bearded glowing moth-HORSE. It's one heck of a persistent mount in attempting to buck you off, the stables won't take it for fear of being cursed, and it'll run off and disappear almost as soon as you dismount it, but it's got, like, the best horse stats in the game.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
PEOPLE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION FROM YOURS AREN’T MAKING IT UP

THE FACT THAT YOU WERE BOTH ABLE TO RATIONALIZE OPPOSITE IDEAS AS PEOPLE TRYING TO BE COOL HIGHLIGHTS THE ABSURDITY OF THE ARGUMENT

I don’t mean to dump on you specifically but this attitude bugs me
I mean, it bugs me too, but that's not what I saw.

I saw, in order, "everyone wanted to say the DLC sucked but they were too busy claiming the game was a masterpiece," "lol check it another convinced sheeple," and "boring and poorly designed."

Last bit approaches an actual rationalization, but it took two tries ****ting on the fanbase to get there.

If you don't like a game, **** on the game, that's fine. But don't **** on people who did like it.

At least the DA business is a fun mental exercise, which is why it's getting my time.

**** Attack
Destined Artifact.

D

Deleted member

I think it's a time based thing, yeah. I'm guessing you just missed it.

If you get there while it's glowing. . .

There are a TON of those little glowing moth-bunnies like what you see on the path behind Kakariko. . .and a bearded glowing moth-HORSE. It's one heck of a persistent mount in attempting to buck you off, the stables won't take it for fear of being cursed, and it'll run off and disappear almost as soon as you dismount it, but it's got, like, the best horse stats in the game.
I think the glow I saw was different. It was in the same general location of Satori Mountain but it was next to the Sheem Dagoze Shrine.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think the glow I saw was different. It was in the same general location of Satori Mountain but it was next to the Sheem Dagoze Shrine.
Was it yellow?

I'm gonna assume you just saw a falling star and by the time you got there it was morning.

It's a pain in the butt crafting object to get that only spawns very rarely in the middle of the night, drops in some random spot, and despawns at dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom