• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I was browsing the fandom since like mid-2012, so I got a decent look at it before it croaked, LOL.

Now we get to start with the infighting all over again, yay! :awesome:

. . .:urg:
Yup, the Mario infighting's already back on, at least over at GameFAQs.

It's primarily Captain Toad vs Waluigi, with some wildcards like Daisy, Pauline, or an RPG rep (Geno, Paper Mario, etc) here and there.

Meanwhile K. Rool vs Dixie has basically vanished, and now it's Donkey Kong vs Fire Emblem instead.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Your likes get on my nerves and I think you need to learn when to get involved in a discussion and when to stay out, but considering your age I can tolerate it.
I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread went through a similar phase.
Lmfao, "learn when to get involved in a discussion and when to stay out" on a public forum. Good one, buddy. Just letting you know, I am of an age where my frontal lobe is fully developed. I have no excuses.

D

Deleted member

Please do not speculate about alternate usernames or such. Let the Moderation handle it. We're looking fully into the situation and doing what we can with the information we have.

Just report only.
Off-Topic, but what happened? :p
Your likes get on my nerves and I think you need to learn when to get involved in a discussion and when to stay out, but considering your age I can tolerate it.
I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread went through a similar phase.
Sorry... it is just I promise I only like funny or good posts. The posts you make are funny.
Even if you can be rough on me, I highly like you as a user. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I already know I annoy the ever living hell out of him. So at least you are not on that level.

Honestly, I feel as though everyone is being WAY over-dramatic. Disagreements are not "fighting." There were only a couple of questionable posts in the entire thread. I should know, I read them all.
For what it's worth, I'm not reading the thread, just working off of flashbacks of 2012-era GameFAQs.

I think I blocked out what specifically it was back then, but it was definitely psychotic.

D

Deleted member

I've recently noticed that there have been Kirby infighting with Bandana Dee vs Marx.
*sigh*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Off-Topic, but what happened? :p

Sorry... it is just I promise I only like funny or good posts. The posts you make are funny.
Even if you can be rough on me, I highly like you as a user. :)
Something something an individual once took a picture of himself in front of NoA headquarters so at this point no one's sure what they might do anymore something something

At least I think. Might be conflating him with his GameFAQs clone.

. . .These types are never women. What's up with that? Not that I'm complaining LOL.

D

Deleted member

I think I might be getting glasses soon, maybe... While my vision is not terrible, it is just not as good as before.
I've recently noticed that there have been Kirby infighting with Bandana Dee vs Marx.
*sigh*
I have a solution to the fight, how about add both Marx and Bandanna Dee?

Morbi

Scavenger
*sigh*
I guess Bandana Dee supporters are just threatened that Marx might have a legitimate chance. Personally, I have no idea why they are concerned because he does not. But, hey, that is the only logical explanation I can think of. Other than that, everyone targets Waddle Dee for being generic outside of his precious spear.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sigh*
Aw darn, and the Kirby fandom was like the one fandom to not start stuff either, LOL.

Why Marx NOW? Solely because he's being added as a bonus character to Star Allies? That's only marginally less stupid than the "this character was added to Hyrule Warriors, so that means they have WAY more chances for Smash!!!" thing that happened before, LOL.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Aw darn, and the Kirby fandom was like the one fandom to not start stuff either, LOL.

Why Marx NOW? Solely because he's being added as a bonus character to Star Allies? That's only marginally less stupid than the "this character was added to Hyrule Warriors, so that means they have WAY more chances for Smash!!!" thing that happened before, LOL.
And Pokken, since the same thing happened with that as Hyrule Warriors.

There's also a Tharja topic over on GameFAQs about her based entirely on the FE Warriors DLC.

*sigh*
Yup, that's another big one at the moment.

I don't think it'll be long-term, though. The sudden spike in Marx support feels to me like it's just Star Allies hype.

I guess Bandana Dee supporters are just threatened that Marx might have a legitimate chance. Personally, I have no idea why they are concerned because he does not. But, hey, that is the only logical explanation I can think of. Other than that, everyone targets Waddle Dee for being generic outside of his precious spear.
I don't think Marx has a realistic shot at all, though I don't think Bandana Dee's super likely, either.

https://smashboards.com/posts/21977108/

^ This post I made basically sums it all up, as Marx was one of the three characters in specific I had in mind while writing that up.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

In my experience, no "fandom" is free from toxicity. It just happens if you have enough people to warrant calling them a fan-base.

D

Deleted member

That CSS leak brings me back, I remember that it was before E3 and we all bought it initially(the first images were tilted pics of it without that thing).
Then... "Ridley" showed up, and I think what happened next speaks for itself
Unfortunately, the E3 Leaks thread was deleted so we can't read it D:
In my experience, no "fandom" is free from toxicity. It just happens if you have enough people to warrant calling them a fan-base.
Counterpoint: the Etrian Odyssey fanbase is 100% pure and there is no toxicity.
Except those ****ers who use arrows for doors they're the real issue wake up america

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Anecdote: I know someone who modded for a really ****ty Kirby Discord server.
They're not a mod there now, but Kirby has kinda been ruined for them. And from the stories I heard yeah there was a bunch of dumb **** going on.

Last edited:

Chrono.

He got a pretty cool looking moveset to boot.

But, yeah. He's pretty much a fad character.

Morbi

Scavenger
Anecdote: I know someone who used to be a mod for a really ****ty Kirby Discord server.
They're not a mod there now, but Kirby has kinda been ruined for them. And from the stories I heard yeah there was a bunch of dumb **** going on.
I mostly just ignore terrible people, honestly, Smash has one of the worst fan-bases that I have been apart of, second only to Overwatch. That being said, I stick around for the good because I love Smash more than I hate bad people. Know what I am saying?

D

Deleted member

I also want to add that Marx isn't really getting special treatment
They're bringing back a bunch of other old fan favorites (They said it will be the first update, implying that there will be more)
If anything, Bandana Dee got special treatment by being the only Dream Friend with a unique moveset that's in the base game. Sure, it's based off an ability that exists in other games, but still.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you guys are wondering, Bardock and Broly will each cost 4.99 USD to buy separately in DBFZ.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mostly just ignore terrible people, honestly, Smash has one of the worst fan-bases that I have been apart of, second only to Overwatch. That being said, I stick around for the good because I love Smash more than I hate bad people. Know what I am saying?
I get that.
But on the other hand, I can't say I've not felt the same way either. Especially here.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Kirby's fine as it is represenation wise. Those 3 are the most iconic and noteworthy individuals in that franchise. Kirby's not like Mario in that it feels wrong that someone is missing, because Kirby hasn't got like 8 or 10 individuals that are consistently noteworthy in it's franchise. Yet those 3 typically are.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I think Kirby's fine as it represenation wise. Those 3 are the most iconic and noteworthy individuals in that franchise. Kirby's not like Mario in that it feels wrong that someone is missing, because Kirby hasn't got like 8 or 10 individuals that are consistently noteworthy in it's franchise. Yet those 3 typically are.
With more and more of a focus on 4 player stuff in Kirby, I have to admit it does feel a bit wrong not to have Bandana Dee. I am technically biased because I am a huge fan of Waddle Dee; however, at the same time, I do not particularly want him for Smash anymore either.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
With more and more of a focus on 4 player stuff in Kirby, I have to admit it does feel a bit wrong not to have Bandana Dee. I am technically biased because I am a huge fan of Waddle Dee; however, at the same time, I do not particularly want him for Smash anymore either.
Let me phrase it this way.

Toad is typically the 4th player character in all Mario games with 4 players.

He has no representation in Smash save being a meat shield for Peach.

He's far more important to Nintendo history.

Not playable.

If he can't get in yet. Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee with his recent ever so often ''I'm the 4th guy!" thing? Sure as **** shouldn't. If Sakurai thinks Toad hasn't earned it. Then Bandana Dee is surely in an even worse space.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think Kirby's fine as it represenation wise. Those 3 are the most iconic and noteworthy individuals in that franchise. Kirby's not like Mario in that it feels wrong that someone is missing, because Kirby hasn't got like 8 or 10 individuals that are consistently noteworthy in it's franchise. Yet those 3 typically are.
Exactly how I feel.

Even with how prominent they've made Bandana Waddle Dee, he's just never quite felt like he's on the same level of importance as the three who are already in Smash.

Not playable.

If he can't get in yet. Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee with his recent ever so often ''I'm the 4th guy!" thing? Sure as **** shouldn't. If Sakurai thinks Toad hasn't earned it. Then Bandana Dee is surely in an even worse space.
I actually think Blue Toad is the perfect example of a Mario equivalent of Bandana Dee, even moreso than regular Toad.

Both are members of a common race from their respective series.
Both are known by a generic, descriptive name.
Both were basically made playable in the first place for 4-player co-op.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Kirby's fine as it is represenation wise. Those 3 are the most iconic and noteworthy individuals in that franchise. Kirby's not like Mario in that it feels wrong that someone is missing, because Kirby hasn't got like 8 or 10 individuals that are consistently noteworthy in it's franchise. Yet those 3 typically are.
Well you've got a point. And it's the same with Metroid honestl- *gets pelted with trash*

Morbi

Scavenger
Not interested in our lord and savior?
I actually love Zamasu, I am just not sure if I want to pay for him. Same could be said for Vegito. I feel as though they should have been in the base game... Same as Goku and Vegeta Saiyan Saga, really. Bardock, Broly, and Cooler make sense as DLC characters, so I am cool with it. The others, not so much. If Zamasu was going to be DLC, why not Hit? Because I would probably pay for Hit.

Not playable.

The inherent difference is that Mario has so many other characters with a lot going for them. Kirby has, well, just Bandana Dee, realistically. Despite that, I definitely agree with you which is actually one of the predominant reasons I do not want him in Smash anymore.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well you've got a point. And it's the same with Metroid honestl- *gets pelted with trash*
Metroid's problem isn't that Ridley is missing as much as I want him.

Metroid's problem is that well it's struggling to stay in it's iconic footing.

It's a similar place to Star Fox. It gets new games, but they don't peform as well as Nintendo would like.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the thing with Bandana Dee is that he's currently the most important Kirby character not in Smash.
Toad has to compete with much more popular choices and Captain Toad being a thing doesn't help the generic Toads either. Also, something DDD Gordo throw something Peach Toad shield

D

Deleted member

There's also the fact Bandana Dee has much more obvious moveset potential than Toad
Not saying that Toad doesn't have potential but y'know
Edit: also Bandana Dee is an individual character rather than a genric species like Toad

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The next Pokémon go day is all about Ampharos. Glad I saved up candy without evolving one. I can get a shiny if I'm lucky

Morbi

Scavenger
There's also the fact Bandana Dee has much more obvious moveset potential than Toad
Not saying that Toad doesn't have potential but y'know
Edit: also Bandana Dee is an individual character rather than a genric species like Toad
In that case, the more apt comparison would be between Bandana Dee and Captain Toad.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The next Pokémon go day is all about Ampharos. Glad I saved up candy without evolving one. I can get a shiny if I'm lucky
That's pretty cool. I only have one mareep so I would love to get more and if I got a shiny that be pretty cool.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Metroid's problem isn't that Ridley is missing as much as I want him.

Metroid's problem is that well it's struggling to stay in it's iconic footing.

It's a similar place to Star Fox. It gets new games, but they don't peform as well as Nintendo would like.
The sales charts for Samus Returns in particular are criminal.

Critical praise, return to form for Metroid - still hasn't broken past 450k.

Beats Federation Force's sales but let's not trip over that high bar.

Even Other M sold 1.36 mil. Other M.

Oh ****.

I basically ignored Bulba day but I'm in for that.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I actually love Zamasu, I am just not sure if I want to pay for him. Same could be said for Vegito. I feel as though they should have been in the base game... Same as Goku and Vegeta Saiyan Saga, really. Bardock, Broly, and Cooler make sense as DLC characters, so I am cool with it. The others, not so much. If Zamasu was going to be DLC, why not Hit? Because I would probably pay for Hit.
Probably because Goku Black is way more popular and easier to make than Fused Zamasu (given how he's another Goku superficially). But I guess in a way that would make Black the better candidate for DLC, since he would sell more. But, eh.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I might just do that. Because the only other character I am genuinely interested in is Cooler. It is not really worth buying the entire pass.
I thought only 6 of the DLC was leaked, with people not being sure if DBS 17 was happening.

Personally, I'd want to see what Cooler and Vegito are about. I'm hoping Vegito will have the SS1 hair, and Blue is only for his Lvl

3 or an Install Super.

The sales charts for Samus Returns in particular are criminal.

Critical praise, return to form for Metroid - still hasn't broken past 450k.

Beats Federation Force's sales but let's not trip over that high bar.

Even Other M sold 1.36 mil. Other M.

Oh ****.

I basically ignored Bulba day but I'm in for that.
Wait...Seriously? I didn't think it would do too hot, since it is a remake on the 3DS and all. But the game is pretty damn good all things considered. Would recommend it to anyone here who hasn't played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom