• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

You mean this cancer of a "Ridley"?

What the hell was going in the faker's mind on creating that.
What the hell was going in their mind when creating everything else??

There's so much wrong here I don't even know where to start.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

I like how you can sorta guess what the "leaker" predicted the rest of the roster would be like by the placement of the Locks.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I like how you can sorta guess what the "leaker" predicted the rest of the roster would be like by the placement of the Locks.
I like that apparently Bowser is a locked secret character or just got cut all together. Lol.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Am I the only one who thinks Sakurai will change his mind on Ridley and put him in as a playable character for Smash Switch? He did this with the Villagers/Mii's/Pac-Man way back in the Brawl days and they ended up being added to Smash 4. What's to say he wouldn't change his mind for adding Ridley into a new Smash game?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Jokes about alert boxes aside, yeah, I'd miss you, @ShinyLegendary

I mean, you're not exactly the best person here, but it's not really your fault. You're young and, from what I could tell with all the stuff you said, don't interact much and pretty much have no friends outside of the Internet. That leaves you with little social experience, so you're bound to screw things up in conversations... a lot. You also fail to really see the context in the posts sometimes and seem to have absolutely no judgement as to what's worth liking or what's appropriate. So you tend to bandwagon and brown-nose a lot in order for us "senpais" to "notice you." :p

But that's normal. Some are born with good social skills, others have to get them through experience. You're on the latter, so as long as you keep on interacting and learning from your mistakes (especially in real life because body language adds a completely new layer to things that's pretty much a game-changer sometimes), you'll end up being good enough to be, as you would likely put it, "as good as us."

If this tendency of yours to screw things up is why you asked what we would do if you were gone for a week, don't worry about it. Again, it's just a lack of proper experience, it's not you being a bad person. I've seen my fair share of ******** in my life whom I wouldn't hesitate to call "bad people", and you're not even close to being there. In fact, you're probably one of the nicest kids I ever met. Don't ever worry about that kind of stuff.
I'm going to agree 100% here and I'll add on from my experience.

When I joined IGN ten years ago next week, I didn't happen expect myself to stay that long (and I'm in the middle of trying to set up an 40k milestone thread mind you. They're big on IGN with major k threads), but I didn't have a lot of social skills myself. I struggled at times and was mostly around my Deaf friends who were in the same public schools as me, but I was thankful to even get some kind of social skills due to wrestling, Smash Bros, etc. and I managed to even make a few close friends during high school.

Then came college. Best part of it? You'll be able to find the people you can get along with, who you share similarities with, etc. That was one of my best experiences and being involved in other organizations (Vice President in one) and a fraternity, it helps build one up. But there's the dramatic parts where members can disagree so that's best to remind yourself when you can and can't speak without being in conflicts/arguments. I have self-esteem issues at times, and even I struggle to admit my mistakes and faults.

All I'm saying is give yourself time. You're young, so best to pick up as much as you can while you're still in school. Once you graduate and enter the real world, it's a whole new ball game. So it is okay to be young and learn from your mistakes, as long as you acknowledge them . Some of the older people are so ****ing stubborn, it won't do any good and I'm dealing with that with my state's organization. I was once in your shoes before, and I've grown quite a bit since my teen years. It takes time and effort, so don't beat yourself up. One of my professors in my community college (who I still in contact with), told one class that it takes many, MANY years to learn a new language (in this case, ASL), don't beat yourself up. I have my moments but those words were always in my head to remember that I have came this far and have no intention to stop anytime soon.

So if you need to have a "big brother" type of moment where you can share your thoughts or concerns, please feel free to contact me anytime or reach out to us on here. We all want you to feel comfortable around here despite many of us being older and can help you see yourself grow instead of going downhill.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Am I the only one who thinks Sakurai will change his mind on Ridley and put him in as a playable character for Smash Switch? He did this with the Villagers/Mii's/Pac-Man way back in the Brawl days and they ended up being added to Smash 4. What's to say he can't change his mind for a new game?
I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen.

But I will say, however, that it's not impossible.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I like that apparently Bowser is a locked secret character or just got cut all together. Lol.
I think it was meant to be an E3 demo. Those usually don't give access to all characters, and there's several other characters who were confirmed at that time that are also missing just like Bowser (Rosalina, Greninja, Diddy Kong, Ike, Toon Link, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus, off the top of my head).

The timeline adds up, too. All the characters shown were ones that were revealed before E3 2014.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm going to agree 100% here and I'll add on from my experience.

When I joined IGN ten years ago next week, I didn't happen expect myself to stay that long (and I'm in the middle of trying to set up an 40k milestone thread mind you. They're big on IGN with major k threads), but I didn't have a lot of social skills myself. I struggled at times and was mostly around my Deaf friends who were in the same public schools as me, but I was thankful to even get some kind of social skills due to wrestling, Smash Bros, etc. and I managed to even make a few close friends during high school.

Then came college. Best part of it? You'll be able to find the people you can get along with, who you share similarities with, etc. That was one of my best experiences and being involved in other organizations (Vice President in one) and a fraternity, it helps build one up. But there's the dramatic parts where members can disagree so that's best to remind yourself when you can and can't speak without being in conflicts/arguments. I have self-esteem issues at times, and even I struggle to admit my mistakes and faults.

All I'm saying is give yourself time. You're young, so best to pick up as much as you can while you're still in school. Once you graduate and enter the real world, it's a whole new ball game. So it is okay to be young and learn from your mistakes, as long as you acknowledge them . Some of the older people are so ****ing stubborn, it won't do any good and I'm dealing with that with my state's organization. I was once in your shoes before, and I've grown quite a bit since my teen years. It takes time and effort, so don't beat yourself up. One of my professors in my community college (who I still in contact with), told one class that it takes many, MANY years to learn a new language (in this case, ASL), don't beat yourself up. I have my moments but those words were always in my head to remember that I have came this far and have no intention to stop anytime soon.

So if you need to have a "big brother" type of moment where you can share your thoughts or concerns, please feel free to contact me anytime or reach out to us on here. We all want you to feel comfortable around here despite many of us being older and can help you see yourself grow instead of going downhill.
Just gonna drop a @ShinyLegendary tag here so he gets a good reminder to read this.

Great post, dude.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, I'm back for a second I need some reccomendations.

Good GBA games. Anything that's not Pokémon. Fire away.
Golden Sun

It feels like you guys are all friends and I'm just one of those awkward lurkers who's creepily listening in on your conversation while also wanting to join but not knowing what to say and then deciding not to join in but still lurk and listen in and not get any of the inside jokes or references but pretend like I do.

Hi
I feel ya
My first post in Nintenzone was written is small text because of how timid I was and I barely posted until much later on. It'll take time but you'll get used to the weirdness, don't worry.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I can't help but wonder if this leak was actually meant to be satire or some other kind of joke because of how awful and fake that looks. It looks even worse than I remembered.

Am I the only one who thinks Sakurai will change his mind on Ridley and put him in as a playable character for Smash Switch? He did this with the Villagers/Mii's/Pac-Man way back in the Brawl days and they ended up being added to Smash 4. What's to say he wouldn't change his mind for adding Ridley into a new Smash game?
It's certainly possible, don't doubt that.

But we have no reason to think it will happen and very little, if any reason, to think it's the more likely outcome.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on Ridley this time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think my favorite leak was the Palutena one.

That one legit fooled us for a long time.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not ruling out the possibility, for the exact reason you gave.

I'm definitely not holding my breath, though, and my hope's definitely not as high as it was prior to when I felt he was disconfirmed for Smash 4 (The Direct where his shadow flew by).

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The Palutena one was definitely on a higher tier than the others, including other top notch ones like Rayman.

Easily the best fake leak for Smash 4 of any kind.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So this fighting game is gonna come out for Switch and...

Man, idk. Not even gonna get into the visuals, I just don't like what we've seen of the mechanics here.

D

Deleted member

Welp, today's RTC was certainly something.
And here I thought Krystal, Ridley, and K. Rool's fanbases were bad... :laugh:
Clearly I haven't seen anything yet.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welp, today's RTC was certainly something.
And here I thought Krystal, Ridley, and K. Rool's fanbases were bad... :laugh:
Clearly I haven't seen anything yet.
Who's the culprit?

K. Rool's fandom is bad, but it's "attack other fandoms" bad. Dixie fans used to put up a fight but cowered in fear by the end, so I'd guess chance rating would go smoothly.

. . .Mario character? The infighting with those is pretty bad.

D

Deleted member

Who's the culprit?

K. Rool's fandom is bad, but it's "attack other fandoms" bad. Dixie fans used to put up a fight but cowered in fear by the end, so I'd guess chance rating would go smoothly.

It's Peach.
Except, y'know, with a yellow dress and brown hair.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not speculate about alternate usernames or such. Let the Moderation handle it. We're looking fully into the situation and doing what we can with the information we have.

Just report only.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's Peach.
Except, y'know, with a yellow dress and brown hair.
Eeeuph.

Yeah, I remember the four way brawls GameFAQs used to get into between Toad, :4bowserjr:, Waluigi, and Daisy.

Since the K. Rool fandom actually got WORSE each time a major character like:4megaman::4mewtwo: got in to create a power vacuum, I can imagine the various Mario clans are probably at war more fiercely than ever right now.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Pretty sure this is what the fake leaker was thinking, based on the places the locks were and trends at the time.

Some ordering might be off, but I'm pretty certain this is the gist of it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Who's the culprit?

I always figured they just converted into King K. Rool fans or something. The visual image in my head is pretty funny, however.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Who's the culprit?

The Mario infighting didn't really last very long, though.

Like, after Rosalina was confirmed, I remember most of the other Mario characters' support kinda fizzled out.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad that the Family Kamehameha is actually a dramatic finish in DBFZ, I was worried Broly was only gonna have one dramatic scene.

Morbi

Scavenger

Like, after Rosalina was confirmed, I remember most of the other Mario characters' support kinda fizzled out.
Eh, I still remember quite a bit of Toad versus Bowser Jr. stuff. It was more muted, sure, but notable enough that I remembered it and my memory is complete garbage.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Did anyone actually believe that leak?
If I recall correctly, there was a version without Ridley that was posted first, and one with Ridley afterward.

I think people humored the Ridley-less one, but it sorta blew up after the Ridley version was posted.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I was browsing the fandom since like mid-2012, so I got a decent look at it before it croaked, LOL.

Now we get to start with the infighting all over again, yay! :awesome:

. . .:urg:

D

Deleted member

Jokes about alert boxes aside, yeah, I'd miss you, @ShinyLegendary

I mean, you're not exactly the best person here, but it's not really your fault. You're young and, from what I could tell with all the stuff you said, don't interact much and pretty much have no friends outside of the Internet. That leaves you with little social experience, so you're bound to screw things up in conversations... a lot. You also fail to really see the context in the posts sometimes and seem to have absolutely no judgement as to what's worth liking or what's appropriate. So you tend to bandwagon and brown-nose a lot in order for us "senpais" to "notice you." :p

But that's normal. Some are born with good social skills, others have to get them through experience. You're on the latter, so as long as you keep on interacting and learning from your mistakes (especially in real life because body language adds a completely new layer to things that's pretty much a game-changer sometimes), you'll end up being good enough to be, as you would likely put it, "as good as us."

If this tendency of yours to screw things up is why you asked what we would do if you were gone for a week, don't worry about it. Again, it's just a lack of proper experience, it's not you being a bad person. I've seen my fair share of ******** in my life whom I wouldn't hesitate to call "bad people", and you're not even close to being one of them. In fact, you're probably one of the nicest kids I ever met. Don't ever worry about that kind of stuff.
I definitely do not interact much, and I do have no friends outside the internet. I do try to make you guys notice me. :p
I am one of the nicest kids? Thanks! :)

Hey @Lampy, I have a question. Am I annoying to you? I want to try to be less annoying to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Eh, I still remember quite a bit of Toad versus Bowser Jr. stuff. It was more muted, sure, but notable enough that I remembered it and my memory is complete garbage.
I'm sure it was still there, but it definitely wasn't on the level of stuff like K. Rool vs Dixie, or pre-Brawl's Krystal vs Wolf feud.

D

Deleted member

It's not even about infighting, it's about fans grasping at straws and accusing others of bias, which just screams hypocrisy to me.
Actually one of them compared her to Dixie and said she has more going for her for some reason. I'm 90% sure that's Voldemort.

Morbi

Scavenger
I definitely do not interact much, and I do have no friends outside the internet. I do try to make you guys notice me. :p
I am one of the nicest kids? Thanks! :)

Hey @Lampy, I have a question. Am I annoying to you? I want to try to be less annoying to you.
I already know I annoy the ever living hell out of him. So at least you are not on that level.

I was browsing the fandom since like mid-2012, so I got a decent look at it before it croaked, LOL.

Now we get to start with the infighting all over again, yay! :awesome:

. . .:urg:
Honestly, I feel as though everyone is being WAY over-dramatic. Disagreements are not "fighting." There were only a couple of questionable posts in the entire thread. I should know, I read them all.

D

Deleted member

Your likes get on my nerves and I think you need to learn when to get involved in a discussion and when to stay out, but considering your age I can tolerate it.
I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread went through a similar phase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom