• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I wanted to look up Lyn from Fire Emblem for a potential profile picture and here are the two first search options.
View attachment 135461
Thanks for the recommendations, Google!
You all remember my Hotel Mario profile picture back then?
I believe Google searches are based on your own searches.

Then again...

Let me try.

Yeah I also got Yuri and Pregnant.

Also got Swimsuit.

FE community man....

Ivander

Smash Legend
Can't read japanese, but im going to assume this is your midpoint results for the CYL
:061:
So IF it is Mid-poll, so far:
-Celica, Camilla, Hector and Ephraim are 1st and 2nd respectively. So far, they are the candidates for Brave forms.
-Celica used to be 118th altogether. Now she's 1st Ranked Female.
-Ephraim went from 7th to 2nd.
-Tharja has gone from 3rd to 10th. And Female Corrin from 5th to 9th.
-Azura was 8th last poll. She is 4th this poll.
-Eirika has gone from 6th to 3rd.
-Chrom has gone from 4th to 6th. Male Robin went from 8th to 7th.
-Takumi went from 9th to 8th. Leo has gone from 10th to 14th.
-Marth is pretty equal from his last rank, going from 6th to 3rd. However, his Mystery form now joins the Top 10 this time. NMotE Marth used to be 17th. Now he's 9th.
-Alm was 145th altogether. Now he's 4th on the Male Poll.
-Cordelia was 7th. Now she's 11th. inb47/11joke
-Micaiah has gone from 9th to 6th.
-Nowi was 10th. Now she's 14th.
-Nino was 19th. Now she's 8th.
-Veronica is 5th. Loki is 7th. Laevateinn is 16th.
-Alfonse is 19th, surprisingly.
-Ninian used to be 100th place altogether. Now she's 17th on the Female Poll.
-Female Morgan was 22nd for the Female poll. Now she's 12th.
-Leif was 157th altogether. Now Leif is 10th. People want to complete the series, IS! Release him for Anniversary!

And now for the kicker.
-Reinhardt was 584th altogether on the last CYL. Now he is in frickin' 5th place on the Male Poll!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Made my Day 5 pick for Choose Your Legends 2:

Going with my third favorite Echoes character: Conrad! This boy deserves some love.

I'll be going to Sacred Stones starting tomorrow.

As for those results, glad to see Takumi is holding well in the top 10. I'm shocked Ryoma took a huge leap to the point of surpassing both Nohrian brothers, and it's also surprising Kliff is currently the most popular of the Echoes villagers and not Gray or Tobin despite the latter two having more supports and screentime than Kliff.

Kaden at 20th though... I feel REALLY tempted in switching out one of my Sacred Stones characters for Kaden just so he can get one extra vote from me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what let's pretend I didnt make this post.

I dont want a warning lol

What was the post you made about? You do not deserve a warning my friend, you are just too precious.
That was a clutch af save.
View attachment 135463
Touchdown! Indeed.
I believe Google searches are based on your own searches.

Then again...

Let me try.

Yeah I also got Yuri and Pregnant.

Also got Swimsuit.

FE community man....
At least you are the good and honest-part of the Fire Emblem fandom. I feel sympathy for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't even notice FE3 Marth jumped so much.

Man if Marth fails because he has his votes split i'll be sad. Right now, 3 out of 4 of my votes are for Marth because I want a new form RIP

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When I saw that in the cinema, I actually said to my friends I'd seen that it anime.

Of course we all watched anime so we all got a good laugh.
Rian Johnson is a known anime fan. Big time.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pokemon Crystal's being released for 3DS tomorrow!
:215:

My backlog is starting to build up again...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With Owlboy, and now Flinthook and Dead Cells, the Switch is really nailing my indie game wishlist. :D
Hyper Light Drifter and Hotline Miami remain. Off the top of my head.

You can tell the kind of art style I'm a sucker for...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the marvel news today, I was thinking back on Thor Raganork and I think I have to say the ending is probably one of my favorites in the MCU.

It switches things up and has a pretty cool finale and I like where they were heading with the ending.

The whole movie was great but I really liked how it stood out from other MCU films.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The grind to get Mythra to S+ and obtain 500 extra Auto-Atk points begins.
Thankfully I have the necessary items to increase trust. :yeahboi:
No, seriously I fed her with my entire inventory and just got to S1, wtf.

Also Blade affinity quests.
-Got this one by accident in Chapter 6, but I needed to finish the 7th to continue it
-Silver Donkey Kong throwing rocks
-Wulfric running impulsively to smack the Gogols was a running gag tbh
-****ing Lv. +80 Antols
-Ozaru vs Hirudegarn:
2018012117564700-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg

-The final battle vs the Offended, Indignant and Enraged Gogols turned annoying due Blowdown
-A ****ing Gogol blasted Mòrag in the face with a Kamehameha lmao
-K guys I'll be mercif- *I get bodied by a fart attack* Chango Cochino, Imma use Mythra Verde now!
-*Overkill Full Burst*

-Now the Tantalese know that they must respect habitats, and Wulfric is a more calm and collected hero. Still one of my fave Blades for sure.

-This one felt fast, mostly because it was about going to point A to point B and move the clock
-Aza gon sink yo ship.
-At least the people she spied truly had bad intentions with the poisonous flowers they were collecting, imagine if they were innocent lol.
-Yes Mòrag, Azami always sees you:
2018012316284200-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg
-*knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock*
-A poison machine capable to mess up a Titan sounds pretty scary, specially if used against the elder Mor Ardain
-Wrecking the Terrorist Drivers was EZPZ
-Of course the dude would give me a fake password to deactivate the Thanatotitan machine.
-Azami, if you sniped the machine from the very beginning we could have saved so much time.
-"At least take me to a date"

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
With Owlboy, and now Flinthook and Dead Cells, the Switch is really nailing my indie game wishlist. :D
Hyper Light Drifter and Hotline Miami remain. Off the top of my head.

You can tell the kind of art style I'm a sucker for...
Gotta admit, I'm a big fan of the hi-bit style that's been on the rise lately. But how the hell are these artists able to make sprite animations so detailed and fluid when they're still drawn one frame at a time?

Maybe they have an ability to picture the animations in their minds in a way that I lack.

D

Deleted member

Can't read japanese, but im going to assume this is your midpoint results for the CYL
Ok, I didn't think the results would be THIS different
-Hector being #1 is expected but with all these changes I hope he can manage it to the end.
-Celica in #1? I knew she was popular but not this much. Alm in #4 is also kinda surprising.
-Nino breaking the Top 10, thank you FEH
-Joshua got kicked out of the Top 20 :'(
-****ing Reinhardt proves this fanbase only cares about stupid memes god****ingdamnit

D

Deleted member

Well, the following sentence isn't one I use often, but...

I'm really feeling it!
[/Zeke's voice]

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well, my thoughts on the CYL voting results.

-I'm extremely happy with Hector and Ephraim being the first characters, and Marth/Alm after them? Glad people have good taste.
-Disappointed that lords are the most voted one though.
-Lol Reinhardt
-I'm indiferent about Celica, I don't like her nor I dislike, but I rather have her than most of the top voted women.
-**** Camilla being second. We already have enough versions of her...
-Don't know why Tharja is lost so many votes, but I'm not complaining.
-Why do people vote the FEH originals? I, for example, really like Laevatein's desing, but she hasn't done anything storywise yet, so no way I'm voting her.

Overall, happy with the males, disappointed with the females. Normally I prefer female characters in video games, but guess there are no worth females this time. So, here's my vote for today!
I really liked Alm, he reminded me of Ike, but in a different way. He's such a dork, and he carried me hard in his route. I'd take a new version of him any day.

-****ing Reinhardt proves this fanbase only cares about stupid memes god****ingdamnit
I am to blame, I don't regret a thing.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's been a pretty decent day for me - I brutally murdered my wallet buying both Monster Hunter World and Dragon Ball FighterZ and so far enjoying both of them. Even though I'm a series veteran since Tri on the Wii, it's nice to have a breath of fresh air in the series that can be enjoyed by both fans and veterans alike.

Now for my vote towards the Choose Your Legends 2 Poll.
Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 10.14.31 PM.png

Mr. "I don't pick fights I can't win" - Ephraim. He's definitely one of the more hot-headed Lords in the series alongside Hector, (and it wouldn't surprise me if both of them won the polls for the males and get Brave versions) but he also goes through character development that makes him think over his battle-loving attitude. ...That probably explains the crazy difficulty spike if you play his route in Sacred Stones. :p.

Tomorrow I might vote for one more Sacred Stones character - Joshua.

D

Deleted member

Lyon's GHB on Infernal is so ****ing hard, what the hell. Lunatic was easy enough that I never saw the Armor Knights but there's simply too many enemies that I get overwhelmed. Doesn't help most are mounted or flying, where are my trenches now, IS?

Anyways, CYL 2.0: Day 5
Fitting, is it not?
Torn on who to vote now, I want to give Hector another vote like all Hector fans should to ensure his first place but I also want to help Nino and Joshua gain positions. And I haven't even voted for Forrest yet. I need more votes damnit!
#JoshuaWasRobbedOfTop20
I am to blame, I don't regret a thing.
WHEN BRAVE REINHARDT HAPPENS DON'T YOU DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT HIM.

Brave Reinhardt
Sword Cavalry
Master Sword: 16 Mt. Rng: 2. Strikes twice during combat. Damage calculated using the lowest of foe's Def or Res.
Assist: Reposition
Special: Galeforce
A: Death Blow 3
B: Magic is Everything(if foe does not use magic, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot. Skill cannot be inherited.)
C: Cavalry March 3
S: Heavy Blade 3

EDIT:
Tomorrow I might vote for one more Sacred Stones character - Joshua.
Good taste

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Lyon's GHB on Infernal is so ****ing hard, what the hell. Lunatic was easy enough that I never saw the Armor Knights but there's simply too many enemies that I get overwhelmed. Doesn't help most are mounted or flying, where are my trenches now, IS?
Props to IS, it's the first time I couldn't use horse emblem to beat the map, every mage seems to have a anti calvary tome. Also, they're giving units brazen skills and both bold and vengeful fighter. We're doomed.
WHEN BRAVE REINHARDT HAPPENS DON'T YOU DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT HIM.

Brave Reinhardt
Sword Cavalry
Master Sword: 16 Mt. Rng: 2. Strikes twice during combat. Damage calculated using the lowest of foe's Def or Res.
Assist: Reposition
Special: Galeforce
A: Death Blow 3
B: Magic is Everything(if foe does not use magic, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot. Skill cannot be inherited.)
C: Cavalry March 3
S: Heavy Blade 3
I'm not complaining hahahaha. Your idea seems to be more possible than mine, though mr Magic is Everything not using magic is so wrong. Here was my idea to make people unistall the game:

Brave Reinhardt
Mage Flier
Ultra Dire Thunder: 14 Mt. Rng 2. Same as original Dire Thunder, but grants +6 Attack when initiating.
Special: Magic is everything. Like Regnal Astra, but with attack stat.
A: Death blow
C: Flier March

Now that they're trying to nerf cavaliers to dust, having him as a flier would be much better, and with flier march he would still have 3 movement, plus hone fliers buffs, Airzura being a thing, and other shenanigans that fliers can pull off. This would be so much cancer... I LOVE IT!

D

Deleted member

Props to IS, it's the first time I couldn't use horse emblem to beat the map, every mage seems to have a anti calvary tome. Also, they're giving units brazen skills and both bold and vengeful fighter. We're doomed.

I'm not complaining hahahaha. Your idea seems to be more possible than mine, though mr Magic is Everything not using magic is so wrong. Here was my idea to make people unistall the game:

Brave Reinhardt
Mage Flier
Ultra Dire Thunder: 14 Mt. Rng 2. Same as original Dire Thunder, but grants +6 Attack when initiating.
Special: Magic is everything. Like Regnal Astra, but with attack stat.
A: Death blow
C: Flier March

Now that they're trying to nerf cavaliers to dust, having him as a flier would be much better, and with flier march he would still have 3 movement, plus hone fliers buffs, Airzura being a thing, and other shenanigans that fliers can pull off. This would be so much cancer... I LOVE IT!
I got blindsided by Bold Fighter on the mew story maps and that was when I realised we were all ****ed from now on.

Ok, but consider: 4 Mov.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Just learned a cow produces 23 liters of urine a day and I don't like that one bit

D

Deleted member

Just learned a cow produces 23 liters of urine a day and I don't like that one bit
The sad truth is that Cows are not eating grass like what you guys think. They are fed corn and "other things" ( which makes them fat ) and they are standing in their own manure up to their knees, and some is coated on top of it. That is why you should buy organic cow meat. I got that from Food.Inc.
That's why Camilla pisses so many people off
HUH.jpg

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Lyon is here to support you through tough times
1TIYUZx_d.jpg
kG32BTN_d.jpg

I'm the one who should be telling that to you! ;_;
Lyon's characer is my entire mood

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Why do people vote the FEH originals? I, for example, really like Laevatein's desing, but she hasn't done anything storywise yet, so no way I'm voting her.
A couple things to consider.
-As mentioned, a good part of the people voting are people who only played Fire Emblem Heroes. After all, FEH is F2P as well as on iOS and Android. So unsurprisingly, the original characters have alot of exposure, especially Veronica, who's been there since the beginning. Loki has also technically been there since the first Tempest Trials, just that she didn't get her original look until Book II.
-Some of the people voting for these characters are likely people who want the characters to be playable and they are probably hoping a high ranking will get the message across to IS. And people have definitely been clamouring for Bruno and Veronica to be playable. And then you have some people hoping that Laevateinn will be a Legendary Fire Hero.
-Sadly, while some of these fans intentions are fine, Loki is sadly up there just because of her "design". And by design, I mean her way of appealing to "those people." While I'll give the fact that we definitely have gotten more exposure to Loki's character compared to Laevateinn, who is definitely up there for design/waifu reasons and not character, Loki is still a pure example of who is part of the FEH Fanbase and how much "waifu-ism" sells. And trust me, these people plague other Gacha games just as much, especially titles like Grand Order and LoveLive! School Idol Festival.

That isn't to say that there aren't as many veterans/fans playing FEHeroes. The fact that Leif is now in the Top 10 is a clear indicator that there are just as many veterans and fans of the main Fire Emblem series playing Heroes or voting in the CYL2 poll. You can also say that with the first CYL, as you had characters like Lyn, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Micaiah, Dorcas and other non-Awakening/Fates characters in the Top 20.

It's just alot less prevalent in this CYL Poll because now there are people who only played Fire Emblem Heroes included. Veterans/Fans aren't just voting for Hector now, but now people who've been exposed to Hector and see him as that powerful Distant Counter Quick Riposte armoured character who is still at the Top of the Meta.
And as much as some of us want to say Reinhardt is only up due to Memes, for some people, they have a Reinhardt who has greatly helped them with their game or voted for him because of his notoriety in the Arena. And the Arena/Meta definitely plays a part into why some characters are high, like Nino, Azura, Ninian, Ryoma, Sigurd, etc.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A couple things to consider.
-As mentioned, a good part of the people voting are people who only played Fire Emblem Heroes. After all, FEH is F2P as well as on iOS and Android. So unsurprisingly, the original characters have alot of exposure, especially Veronica, who's been there since the beginning. Loki has also technically been there since the first Tempest Trials, just that she didn't get her original look until Book II.
-Some of the people voting for these characters are likely people who want the characters to be playable and they are probably hoping a high ranking will get the message across to IS. And people have definitely been clamouring for Bruno and Veronica to be playable. And then you have some people hoping that Laevateinn will be a Legendary Fire Hero.
-Sadly, while some of these fans intentions are fine, Loki is sadly up there just because of her "design". And by design, I mean her way of appealing to "those people." While I'll give the fact that we definitely have gotten more exposure to Loki's character compared to Laevateinn, who is definitely up there for design/waifu reasons and not character, Loki is still a pure example of who is part of the FEH Fanbase and how much "waifu-ism" sells. And trust me, these people plague other Gacha games just as much, especially titles like Grand Order and LoveLive! School Idol Festival.

That isn't to say that there aren't as many veterans/fans playing FEHeroes. The fact that Leif is now in the Top 10 is a clear indicator that there are just as many veterans and fans of the main Fire Emblem series playing Heroes or voting in the CYL2 poll. You can also say that with the first CYL, as you had characters like Lyn, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Micaiah, Dorcas and other non-Awakening/Fates characters in the Top 20.

It's just alot less prevalent in this CYL Poll because now there are people who only played Fire Emblem Heroes included. Veterans/Fans aren't just voting for Hector now, but now people who've been exposed to Hector and see him as that powerful Distant Counter Quick Riposte armoured character who is still at the Top of the Meta.
And as much as some of us want to say Reinhardt is only up due to Memes, for some people, they have a Reinhardt who has greatly helped them with their game or voted for him because of his notoriety in the Arena. And the Arena/Meta definitely plays a part into why some characters are high, like Nino, Azura, Ninian, Ryoma, Sigurd, etc.
Loki is up there because she's a tactician with unknown powers and a legendary staff that has a Gravity Ploy built into it.
People also vote for her because they want the single player characters playable, no reason to assume "dumb casuals voting for boobies"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ive only been voting for the same three people, Niles Jakob and Leo

And lets not lie to ourselves there are some( before anyone gets on me, I said Some) people voting for Loki/Camilla/Tharja/ any other of those girls because breasts. They are quiet but they are out there

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So somebody managed to get a more decent list on the characters' last placement in the last CYL poll, as it actually takes into account their places on their respective polls.
Loki is up there because she's a tactician with unknown powers and a legendary staff that has a Gravity Ploy built into it.
People also vote for her because they want the single player characters playable, no reason to assume "dumb casuals voting for boobies"
It's perfectly reasonable. When you have a game that is F2P, the audience that plays the game will definitely have a good variety of any kind of people, including people obsessed with "waifus". And that's not even including that the fanbase also has these people, especially after Awakening and Fates.

And that's not including that we have a guy who literally has 4 +10 Sakuras and 4 +10 H!Sakuras and uses a Team of only them for doing Missions and whatnot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom