• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wonder what Seals we'll get on this next TT, depending on them, it could really change how I plan on building Lyon.
Imagine if we got a Close Counter seal, now that would be fun.

On another subject, what's a good set for Tana? I'm gonna train her today since tomorrow will be my boy's day.
Tana can surprisingly do alot of jobs. She can be an All-Rounder or Physical Tank with her weapon Vidofnir or she can use a Firesweep or Brave build nicely. For her All-rounder build, she uses Vidofnir with Close Defense to tank Swords, Axes and Lances very reliably. She can also use Fury and Desperation together to give her more bulk and SPD and to finish off enemies before they hit her again.

As for Seals, considering they released Heavy Blade AND Quick Riposte, I don't know what they have in mind. Anything's possible, even Close Counter and Distant Counter. And those 2 would really change up things. Some other ones that would change up things would be:
Flashing Blade, Fury, Triangle Adept, Cancel Affinity, the Bond and Stance skills, Wings of Mercy, Renewal, Guard, Live to Serve, Shield Pulse, Armor March, Infantry Pulse and the Tactics skills. Also, a Seal that cancels weapons like Firesweep or skills like Windsweep or Sacae's Blessing.

I just pray they don't release Death Blow or Life & Death as Seals. Same with the Brazen skills. Armoured Blow and Warding Blow are fine. Darting Blow, maybe a bit unneeded as it can be potentially powerful with fast users, but not too overpowering as slow Brave users like Reinhardt or Cherche won't benefit much from them.

Oh, something that I don't think was mentioned. Another 3 Heroes Quest Line is coming up and the Heroes we're getting are Hinata, Gwyndolyn and Saizo. The comic was alluding to us getting Hinata, the Fury Master.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Reading the DB Super manga and Vegeta's face there really says it all.

Also

Zamasu is ****ing shredded.

EDIT: Okay what the ****.

Goku can do Hakai. Albeit it's weaker and it couldn't kill Zamasu, but still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tana can surprisingly do alot of jobs. She can be an All-Rounder or Physical Tank with her weapon Vidofnir or she can use a Firesweep or Brave build nicely. For her All-rounder build, she uses Vidofnir with Close Defense to tank Swords, Axes and Lances very reliably. She can also use Fury and Desperation together to give her more bulk and SPD and to finish off enemies before they hit her again
I guess I'll have to go budget with Fury because Close Def is on Joshua and Sigurd only and no way in hell I'll ever fodder them off. The CD seal is also on Joshua so I guess I'll go with a +Def seal and Fury, already plan on giving Valter the Iote's Shield seal.
Very Angry Eldigan
Triangle Adept
Gem weapons with double TA AND Cancel Affinity would be the perfect meme build.
I just pray they don't release Death Blow or Life & Death as Seals. Same with the Brazen skills
+12 Atk on Reinhardt
+10 Atk/Spd Brave Lyn
+14 Atk/Def Vantage Black Knight Zelgius with Black Luna charged
8eef09b6-fdf2-4cfb-b647-517fe92ea0e3.jpg

Ivander

Smash Legend
In Paralogue 10:
Seth: No. Fighting is sometimes necessary, for the sake of a kingdom and its people. I doubt you're acting on their behalf, though.

Veronica: The people...?
In Book II Chapter 4
Veronica: A ruler's duty is to the people, is it not?
Seth's words managed to get to Veronica. Also:
-The fact that both parts are Sacred Stone-related Chapters, which is a excellent nod if that was intentional.
-That Xander was in both of them and there was good writing in both of them....Can we have whoever is writing those chapters write the next ones?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
It took almost a year for IS to add a Dark Mage antagonist into the game. The most common class for antagonists only now has one representative.
Also, Lyon is the third main antagonist to be added, the first being Zephiel and the second being Arvis. All others are side villains.
Nergal and Grima as Red Robin when?
Except Arvis, wasn't really the main antagonist of FE4, it was Manfroy. You did see the less the subtle hints the game gives you right?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't forget that DBZ Infinite World also had them combos. I've been looking around a bit because DBFZ is coming out soon. Super DBZ seems fun.

Uub was a necessary sacrifice for cancels. Though Budokai 3 also had them, IW upped the ante.

Chrono.

Don't forget that DBZ Infinite World also had them combos. I've been looking around a bit because DBFZ is coming out soon. Super DBZ seems fun.

Uub was a necessary sacrifice for cancels. Though Budokai 3 also had them, IW upped the ante.
IW was such a weird game. It came out to like no fanfare, unadvertised and it was for the PS2 when the PS3 had been out for some years now.

I had a lot of fun with it. I like how it had GT characters like Kid Goku and Pan, and some missing movie characters like Janemba. Plus it got rid of the gimmicky mechanics and added stuff from the Shin Budokai games, making it a more fluid experience in general.

But I still prefer how Burst Limit played. It's a shame THAT game was looked down upon for it's lack of content. Which is fair, the Tenkaichi series had been out by that point and had tons of content from movies and such, so the HD successor to Budokai having content only up to Cell (+ Bardock and Broly) wasn't gonna fly.

Still, I feel that game was going in the right direction on where to take Budokai's mechanics.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Holy hell we got our first pic of Brie Larson in costume as Captain Marvel!
I'm really digging it to be honest. I really like Marvel's style of armor padded costumes like Ant-man and Captain America and this is in that same vein. Very nice! Colors throw me off but I'm sure there's some backstory reason for that which I'm unaware of. Never was a big comic reader so...

D

Deleted member

In Paralogue 10:

In Book II Chapter 4

Seth's words managed to get to Veronica. Also:
-The fact that both parts are Sacred Stone-related Chapters, which is a excellent nod if that was intentional.
-That Xander was in both of them and there was good writing in both of them....Can we have whoever is writing those chapters write the next ones?
Sacred Stones is synonym to Good Writing.
Except Arvis, wasn't really the main antagonist of FE4, it was Manfroy. Did see the less the subtle hints the game gives you right?
I didn't play FE4 but I'm pretty sure that's like saying the Demon King is the main antagonist of SS. Arvis is the main driving force of the game and that's what makes him the main villain.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

That photo of Iga on the box flap though

Holy hell we got our first pic of Brie Larson in costume as Captain Marvel!

I'm really digging it to be honest. I really like Marvel's style of armor padded costumes like Ant-man and Captain America and this is in that same vein. Very nice! Colors throw me off but I'm sure there's some backstory reason for that which I'm unaware of. Never was a big comic reader so...
Captain Marvel's original costume was a green colour IIRC so it's in reference to that
Concept art shows her with her more traditional red, blue and yellow outfit.

Last edited:

What the ****. I assumed infinite world was budokai 3 with a fancy story mode and a few new characters. Those mechanic changes tho. I need this.
:061:

Chrono.

What the ****. I assumed infinite world was budokai 3 with a fancy story mode and a few new characters. Those mechanic changes tho. I need this.
:061:
It kinda was. The mechanics were pulled from the PSP Budokai games.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I should specify - Japanese translation.
I'm pretty sure @Dr. FalКoopa knows several languages and translates Touhou games as a hobby (which would necessitate knowing Japanese considering, you know, Japanese only video games). I'm not sure if they'd actually be available or anything, and they aren't around here so much lately, but if I needed help with translation they'd be the first person from here I'd ask. Maybe they'd know who to point you to even if they weren't available? Maybe not, but that's the most I can think of for you. I do know that they have a Twitter account that they're likely still active on.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm pretty sure @Dr. FalКoopa knows several languages and translates Touhou games as a hobby (which would necessitate knowing Japanese considering, you know, Japanese only video games). I'm not sure if they'd actually be available or anything, and they aren't around here so much lately, but if I needed help with translation they'd be the first person from here I'd ask. Maybe they'd know who to point you to even if they weren't available? Maybe not, but that's the most I can think of for you. I do know that they have a Twitter account that they're likely still active on.
Fal also lives in India so there’s that.

He has a twitter account too Pacack Pacack

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently an indie game called Celeste is getting 10/10s.

What is this game?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I didn't play FE4 but I'm pretty sure that's like saying the Demon King is the main antagonist of SS. Arvis is the main driving force of the game and that's what makes him the main villain.
Actually, Arvis isn't, because without Manfroy, Arviss would never have plotted to kill Sigurd. And Manfroy was the one who manipulated the invasion at the start of FE4. Just to let you know, don't try to point to who the main antagonist is in a game, without having played it first.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
IW was such a weird game. It came out to like no fanfare, unadvertised and it was for the PS2 when the PS3 had been out for some years now.

I had a lot of fun with it. I like how it had GT characters like Kid Goku and Pan, and some missing movie characters like Janemba. Plus it got rid of the gimmicky mechanics and added stuff from the Shin Budokai games, making it a more fluid experience in general.

But I still prefer how Burst Limit played. It's a shame THAT game was looked down upon for it's lack of content. Which is fair, the Tenkaichi series had been out by that point and had tons of content from movies and such, so the HD successor to Budokai having content only up to Cell (+ Bardock and Broly) wasn't gonna fly.

Still, I feel that game was going in the right direction on where to take Budokai's mechanics.
Burst Limit was cool. And it had a great CSS song. But I didn't care for the "DRAMAIC SCENES" in the middle of the fight. I think IW had the best mix of the 3 and Shin mechanics. Especially when you try running survival mode and you just know that Vegeta and Frieza are extra ****** in that whole game.

Seriously, why couldn't the 3DS get another Budokai game that added things from IW instead of that DB Heroes jank, they have the same models with all the crazy transformations, not to mention Hit.
I'm glad that we're getting DBFZ now, since the 2-D/2.5-D Dragon Ball games were always my favorite. That and Supersonic Warriors. I was one of those guys that weren't too interested in Tenkaichi when it was around even if it had ALL the Warriors.

Though I outta give a some of them try one day.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well well, isn't this something.

I just learned Rem from Re:Zero finally managed to break into the top 20 of the MyAnimeList's most favorited anime characters list (basically a popularity ranking). Want to know her current place?

Yep, she just managed to surpass Taiga from Toradora, and now she is just around 500 votes from surpassing Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.

Not gonna lie, I never thought I'd see Rem make it this high. I remember several months back when she was just 32nd place. She's been climbing up quite fast! Give it a few more months, and I have a feeling she'll make the top 15.

It's nice to see such a great character scoring this high on a popularity poll!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I should specify - Japanese translation.
I have a minor in Japanese so I might be able to help. I'm no expect like PushDustIn or FalKoopa(?) though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Opens Internet Bowser
>Checks Twister
>Vince McMahon is trending
>P A N I C
>He not ded, he did not harrass someone
>FOX Hype
>XFL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well well, isn't this something.

I just learned Rem from Re:Zero finally managed to break into the top 20 of the MyAnimeList's most favorited anime characters list (basically a popularity ranking). Want to know her current place?

Yep, she just managed to surpass Taiga from Toradora, and now she is just around 500 votes from surpassing Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.

Not gonna lie, I never thought I'd see Rem make it this high. I remember several months back when she was just 32nd place. She's been climbing up quite fast! Give it a few more months, and I have a feeling she'll make the top 15.

It's nice to see such a great character scoring this high on a popularity poll!
Full Brother Alchemist is still #1, and I hear people say it is pretty good. I have it directly on Netflix so....

Off-topic: In two days, --- --- will be logged in SmashBoards for ten years! Congratulations to him/her! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Back to DBZ Infinite World for just a sec, I think I know the perfect game to compare its release to. Mega Man and Bass. Since both came out on an old system YEARS later than it needed to. And both added some interesting stuff to their franchises. Despite that, they don't get much attention since they weren't super popular.

That photo of Iga on the box flap though

Captain Marvel's original costume was a green colour IIRC so it's in reference to that
Concept art shows her with her more traditional red, blue and yellow outfit.

In the comics, Mar-Vell(I think that's how you spell it.) and Carol had similar costumes at some point too, the Red one she wore in her solo book. I still think the Black/Yellow/Red was the coolest one she had though.

But yeah, here's the Green one. I thought he only wore green in the Ultimate Universe. But you learn something everyday. The movie suit could use the white.

Too bad they aren't using Monica Rambeau. I did like in some stuff, while Carol got kind of douchey, like Hawkeye(with his lame ass...)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Looking in through the new Chapter released for FEHeroes, this one was a pretty good chapter for a good number of reasons.
-Well first off, the beginning shows off a bit of what Alfonse and Sharena's father, Gustav, is like as well as some depth between him and his son. We find that the royal Family isn't quite as hands-on with simply going out and helping people. This could either be to simply letting the soldiers do the work or the urge to not just casually risk their lives at every turn.
Alfonse's willingness to head out and help people when he joined the Order of Heroes causes a drift between him and his father who has since then refused to see him even when he's around their residence. But the fact that his father is out there leading their troops against Muspell shows he's not exactly neglectful of his people, especially in their time of need.
While we do get a glimpse of what Gustav is like and his relationship with his son, we don't see anything regarding the relationship between him and his daughter. So while nothing too impressive, it's nice to see they're providing some backstory depth and a setup for Gustav.

-The scene between Alfonse and Surtr was chilling. While Surtr is still cartoon-ishly evil, the writing was handled well. When Surtr was talking about burning being one of the most painful ways to die and then describing the way they are dying, that was rather nerve-chilling. Then we see some nice development with Alfonse when he's feeling the pressure from both Anna and Sharena, as well as the people's lives, and when he ultimately makes the choice to go to Nifl.

-While I was expecting something happen for the townspeople, like if Gustav came to protect them in the nick of time or something else, I was pleasantly surprised at what did happen. Alfonse showing his resourcefulness with the hay and getting the signal to the townspeople to get them to start running. Admittingly, I was expecting the hay to come at a later point, so it somewhat feels disappointing that the hay didn't have much purpose other than for just the chapter.
But at the same time, this feels decently handled, as this approach was better than having a "big damn Heroes" moment to save the day. After all, the plan with the hay and signal felt more like a chance rather than a guarantee, making Alfonse's hesitation more lifelike, like what if the signal didn't get across and whatnot.

-We see character development with Veronica, as while she wants to "destroy Askr", we see that she has different thoughts for the people and we see she doesn't want to kill unnecessarily like Surtr is. We see the words from Seth getting to her and she feels compelled to be a ruler for the people. Already, there is now setting up for Veronica being potentially playable.

-Xander being Support Conversation Xander, is which he's awesome and is pretty much "Come at me, bro." to Surtr when he threatens Veronica.

-We see Loki standing up to Surtr and be willing to get hurt by Surtr in order to get something across to him. She's also cunning like her namesake when we see her capable of influencing Surtr to spare Veronica. She definitely feels like she could be part of a greater force that could be manipulating both Embla and Muspell from behind the scenes, if the idea that Surtr is being controlled or compelled by his dragon blood is anything to think about.

-We see Surtr sending Laevateinn to go after the Order of Heroes. We already seen that she treats herself like a weapon in her father's eyes. The way Surtr's just sending Laevateinn after the Order of Heroes. This looks like this could be setting up something for Laevateinn.
Either way, I liked this Chapter alot. Here's hoping they follow it up nicely.

D

Deleted member

Hey, @Shishœ

Enjoy, you silly Crossdresser fanboy :p
Wait, what?
Oh, cool, I'm purple again, thanks!
*BURSTS INTO ROOM, EYES WIDE, SCREAMING IN PANIC*
THE LAST JEDI IS ANIME
View attachment 135460
Star Wars was anime ever since Luke kissed his sister
Looking in through the new Chapter released for FEHeroes, this one was a pretty good chapter for a good number of reasons.
-Well first off, the beginning shows off a bit of what Alfonse and Sharena's father, Gustav, is like as well as some depth between him and his son. We find that the royal Family isn't quite as hands-on with simply going out and helping people. This could either be to simply letting the soldiers do the work or the urge to not just casually risk their lives at every turn.
Alfonse's willingness to head out and help people when he joined the Order of Heroes causes a drift between him and his father who has since then refused to see him even when he's around their residence. But the fact that his father is out there leading their troops against Muspell shows he's not exactly neglectful of his people, especially in their time of need.
While we do get a glimpse of what Gustav is like and his relationship with his son, we don't see anything regarding the relationship between him and his daughter. So while nothing too impressive, it's nice to see they're providing some backstory depth and a setup for Gustav.

-The scene between Alfonse and Surtr was chilling. While Surtr is still cartoon-ishly evil, the writing was handled well. When Surtr was talking about burning being one of the most painful ways to die and then describing the way they are dying, that was rather nerve-chilling. Then we see some nice development with Alfonse when he's feeling the pressure from both Anna and Sharena, as well as the people's lives, and when he ultimately makes the choice to go to Nifl.

-While I was expecting something happen for the townspeople, like if Gustav came to protect them in the nick of time or something else, I was pleasantly surprised at what did happen. Alfonse showing his resourcefulness with the hay and getting the signal to the townspeople to get them to start running. Admittingly, I was expecting the hay to come at a later point, so it somewhat feels disappointing that the hay didn't have much purpose other than for just the chapter.
But at the same time, this feels decently handled, as this approach was better than having a "big damn Heroes" moment to save the day. After all, the plan with the hay and signal felt more like a chance rather than a guarantee, making Alfonse's hesitation more lifelike, like what if the signal didn't get across and whatnot.

-We see character development with Veronica, as while she wants to "destroy Askr", we see that she has different thoughts for the people and we see she doesn't want to kill unnecessarily like Surtr is. We see the words from Seth getting to her and she feels compelled to be a ruler for the people. Already, there is now setting up for Veronica being potentially playable.

-Xander being Support Conversation Xander, is which he's awesome and is pretty much "Come at me, bro." to Surtr when he threatens Veronica.

-We see Loki standing up to Surtr and be willing to get hurt by Surtr in order to get something across to him. She's also cunning like her namesake when we see her capable of influencing Surtr to spare Veronica. She definitely feels like she could be part of a greater force that could be manipulating both Embla and Muspell from behind the scenes, if the idea that Surtr is being controlled or compelled by his dragon blood is anything to think about.

-We see Surtr sending Laevateinn to go after the Order of Heroes. We already seen that she treats herself like a weapon in her father's eyes. The way Surtr's just sending Laevateinn after the Order of Heroes. This looks like this could be setting up something for Laevateinn.
Either way, I liked this Chapter alot. Here's hoping they follow it up nicely.
I like the direction the story is going: more dialogue, Alfonse and Veronica getting some development, Xander showing up again and the setup for future chapters.

I also like that Surtr isn't just Garon 2.0. Garon never felt like a threat, Surtr puts tension in the air whenever he's around, kinda like Walhart did. He's not complex or anything but I like how they're handling him, it'll make kicking his ass at the end of Book II all the more satisfying. Also, the fact his "ha ha I'm gonna make you suffer!" trait bites him back on his ass when the village is evacuated, trying to taunt your enemies like that is a bad war tactic and Garon never learned that lesson.

Looks like they got something to say soon.
I'm gonna give ArcSys one last chance on this. But if they **** up again...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

We're announcing that all 40 characters are now locked behind lootboxes

Their announcement is going to have to be miraculously good if they want to win back the swarm of people they pissed off big time.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Please be "The game will be delayed so that the proposed 20 DLC characters will make the base roster. DLC will now not be half of a titular team nor half of the important characters from one of the other franchises. DLC will instead be the likes of Team JNPR/Cinder/Roman/Qrow/Penny/Sun and Ultimax characters as well as minor BB and UNIEL characters"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom