• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I still don't buy Laboman as anything other than a meme-fad like RSM or Non-Specific Action Figure or Reggie like that really early Smash 4 rumor had said

Burb

The Absolute Worst
In 2015, Phil Spencer stated that Microsoft is fine with Banjo & Kazooie being in Super Smash Bros. back when the Fighter Ballot was a thing.

Is this still the case now? Well...
YUP!

back I'm still not expecting them
This actually effectively disconfirms Banjo, imo. At least as part of the main roster.

How?

Well.....

Phil said that yes, he'd be willing to let Banjo appear in Smash. "Willing to" strongly implies that it's something that hasn't happened. You don't say you're willing to do something that's already happened.

He certainly wouldn't have said "Yes" to a random question on Twitter like that if Banjo were already in; an NDA would be in place.

Keep in mind that we had a similar situation pre-SSB4, when Hideo Kojima said that he was never contacted about Snake returning: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...y-to-Return-in-Super-Smash-Bros-4-Says-Kojima

And before anyone says "They could add him last-minute!"......The game is allegedly coming out this year, and it has to be in the last stages of development in order to actually make that release window. I don't think there would be enough time to add him, nor do I think Banjo is a big enough name in 2018 to warrant a delay like Sonic did for Brawl. This is coming from a huge Banjo-Kazooie fan who'd love to have him, by the way.

I'm not even sure Sakurai would even humor the idea. Keep in mind that he rejected Banjo for Melee when Rare was with Nintendo.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This actually effectively disconfirms Banjo, imo. At least as part of the main roster.

How?

Well.....

Phil said that yes, he'd be willing to let Banjo appear in Smash. "Willing to" strongly implies that it's something that hasn't happened. You don't say you're willing to do something that's already happened.

He certainly wouldn't have said "Yes" to a random question on Twitter like that if Banjo were already in; an NDA would be in place.

Keep in mind that we had a similar situation pre-SSB4, when Hideo Kojima said that he was never contacted about Snake returning: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...y-to-Return-in-Super-Smash-Bros-4-Says-Kojima

And before anyone says "They could add him last-minute!"......The game is allegedly coming out this year, and it has to be in the last stages of development in order to actually make that release window. I don't think there would be enough time to add him, nor do I think Banjo is a big enough name in 2018 to warrant a delay like Sonic did for Brawl. This is coming from a huge Banjo-Kazooie fan who'd love to have him, by the way.

I'm not even sure Sakurai would even humor the idea. Keep in mind that he rejected Banjo for Melee when Rare was with Nintendo.
I agree 110% with everything you said.

I honestly don't think Banjo is happening in this or possibly any future installments (even with Nintendo & Microsoft on good terms).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I get that Nintendo wants to prioritize the exclusive indies or those with earlier Switch releases or exclusive content, but when it results in a presentation as dry, short, and underwhelming as that one, they really should be broadcasting to people how games like Hyper Light Drifer and Nidhogg 2 are coming as well, especially if they’re going to be revealed the same damn day. -_-;

Also Hollow Knight and it’s impending release date reveal.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I get that Nintendo wants to prioritize the exclusive indies or those with earlier Switch releases or exclusive content, but when it results in a presentation as dry, short, and underwhelming as that one, they really should be broadcasting to people how games like Hyper Light Drifer and Nidhogg 2 are coming as well, especially if they’re going to be revealed the same damn day. -_-;

Also Hollow Knight and it’s impending release date reveal.
Wait, Hyper Light Drifter is coming?

Been getting curious about that since the backer-exclusive Shantae: Half-Genie Hero content and his appearance in Brawlout.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

How?

Well.....

While I agree that Banjo has a snowball's chance in the fire side of Hailfire Peaks, I'd have to disagree with you on something.

Should Banjo be in Smash and the agreements already made, Phil would indeed be under NDA. In which case, simply replying "yes" to such a question is the best thing he could have done without raising any suspicion. Had he said something else, like say, "I can't answer that," then he obviously would be hiding something. As the head of XBox, I'd suspect he's well aware of how to handle such a situation.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I feel so bad for you, I hope the downpour goes away quickly so you can go home earlier.
Just a little update: The rain died down enough that I was able to leave, currently soaking wet but home and safe!

Thanks for the concern though :b:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

How?

Well.....

Restating that he’d be fine with Banjo in Smash wouldn’t break any normal NDA, those cover actions, not willingness. The pot might get stirred, but literally nothing concrete is disclosed by expressing desire.

It seems very unlikely an NDA would extend to a complete moritorium on the entirety of the subject matter, that seems atypically austere. Not to mention, devs constantly make allusions an NDA of this calibur, were it standard, would prohibit.

That said, I don’t think Banjo will be included, and this certainly doesn’t help that case, because you’re right in that this implies no action has been made, but it’s only an implication: nothing empirical comes of this, other than learning Spencer stands by an opinion he had three years ago.

Goddam was the ballot three years ago?!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just made my final purchases for the Wii Shop Channel, getting the Donkey Kong Country trilogy. Of the three of them, I've only beaten the second one, and since I had 400 points left before adding points, I figured "why not?"

I probably got much more games than I initially intended, but most of them weren't available on other Nintendo systems (mostly Sega Genesis ones, WiiWare titles, Adventures of Lolo 2, or Pokemon Puzzle League), and I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The ballot was three years ago?
I was literally a child back then, and now I'm only 9 months away from being legally considered an adult... Jeebus Krust

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wrapping up post-game in Ultra Moon...

Team bosses out the ass...holy ****! And each of them has their respective legendary...

Weird seeing the original designs for Maxie and Archie used since ORAS was still relatively recent...

Was cool seeing Cyrus however (my favourite Team boss btw) still as intense as ever, but an interesting interaction with Rotom...think I saw a theory suggesting that the Rotom from the Old Chateau was once his when he was a child, so this sort of reinforces that theory in a way...

Mimikyu was put to good use seeing all the Datk types these guys use...Milotic made short work of Giovanni's ground types as well...

I've been somewhat craving another playthrough in Hoenn so I may play some Alpha Sapphire after I'm done with Ultra Moon...

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
In 2015, Phil Spencer stated that Microsoft is fine with Banjo & Kazooie being in Super Smash Bros. back when the Fighter Ballot was a thing.

YUP!

To bad Phil isn't in complete control of Mircosoft, just cause he's cool with it, doesn't mean his bosses are.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait, Hyper Light Drifter is coming?

Been getting curious about that since the backer-exclusive Shantae: Half-Genie Hero content and his appearance in Brawlout.

This summer baby! My list of indies the Switch needed to procure is shrinking by the day. :D

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I think what Burb Burb is saying is sure, "Yep" doesn't break any NDA. But if Banjo really was in Smash then he could have just ignored the tweet. It's not like the guy responds to everything he gets sent.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think what Burb Burb is saying is sure, "Yep" doesn't break any NDA. But if Banjo really was in Smash then he could have just ignored the tweet. It's not like the guy responds to everything he gets sent.
That makes sense, but I think where Burb and I differ is I don’t think it prudent to rule out the possibility over this tweet, no matter how unlikely the outcome itself.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of course, Phil doesn't really have any say of whether Banjo gets in or not. He just is okay with the idea. That's really all it means, at this point.

The character might have a remote chance, but it's not that high. Lacks the iconic factor that Steve? and Master Chief have, who are way higher on the scale for important 3rd parties(heck, so is Fulgore/Jago from Killer Instinct). Banjo & Kazooie do sound interesting, but they're honestly not that likely at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

YUP!

Banjo is a stupid ****ing character from a dead franchise that people often forget has more than 3 games and if Nintendo were willing to work with one of their major competitors they wouldn't use someone who wouldn't draw in any potential buyers at all. Anyone who thinks Banjo has a shot will GET shot by a nerf gun if they keep pretending that Phil Spencer saying he'd like to see one of Microsoft's competitors heavily advertise a Microsoft IP means anything

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Banjo is a stupid ****ing character from a dead franchise that people often forget has more than 3 games and if Nintendo were willing to work with one of their major competitors they wouldn't use someone who wouldn't draw in any potential buyers at all. Anyone who thinks Banjo has a shot will GET shot by a nerf gun if they keep pretending that Phil Spencer saying he'd like to see one of Microsoft's competitors heavily advertise a Microsoft IP
Banjo has a shot. :troll:

You're gonna need to do a lot more than a nerf gun to convince me.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Banjo is a stupid ****ing character from a dead franchise that people often forget has more than 3 games and if Nintendo were willing to work with one of their major competitors they wouldn't use someone who wouldn't draw in any potential buyers at all. Anyone who thinks Banjo has a shot will GET shot by a nerf gun if they keep pretending that Phil Spencer saying he'd like to see one of Microsoft's competitors heavily advertise a Microsoft IP means anything
Methinks you're a tad bitter about this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Obviously Banjo has more than three games. He had two on N64 and two on GBA. He was also in DKR.

That’s it though.

That’s it.

:p

Chrono.

You seem kinda mad tho.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know I need new vidja games to play.
What is a good cheap game on the Switch eShop I can **** around with for a bit?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean I can relate to that, I've seen tons of people say that Geno has a shot and I have to resist the urge not to report those posts for terrorism.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Obviously Banjo has more than three games. He had two on N64 and two on GBA. He was also in DKR.

That’s it though.

That’s it.

:p
That's the thing! Barely anyone even seems to KNOW about the GBA games!
You seem kinda mad tho.
Methinks you're a tad bitter about this.
That doesn't make me wrong in that Banjo would appeal to ****ing nobody who wasn't planning to buy the game already

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean I can relate to that, I've seen tons of people say that Geno has a shot and I have to resist the urge not to report those posts for terrorism.

This attitude isn't helping.

That doesn't make me wrong in that Banjo would appeal to ****ing nobody who wasn't planning to buy the game already
And that's bad because......?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Suddenly, Geno Mii Costume because Sakurai says he considered him cause he's cool. Imagine if one of the characters, like K.Rool or Heihachi, that got a Mii costume gets confirmed...

D

Deleted member

ITT: being dumb about a fictional character's chance to appear in a video game is equivalent to terrorism

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last poll was Prince Ephraim. As expected, Eirika was decently popular but failed to reach her brother's level of popularity. Though Seth and Innes were proven to be just as unpopular.

This next one is the last Sacred Stones poll, with half fan favorite units and half villains. Your choices are Valter, Lyon, Joshua, and Lute.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know what you mean by "cheap" but if $20 is such, The Mummy Demastered is a really fun and well made Metroidvania (don't worry, Tom Cruise isn't in it to ruin it).

Chrono.

You into Bullet Hell?

I recommend Danmaku Unlimited 3. It's hard as balls but not in an unfair way. Good visuals and just a ball of fun.

It's only $10 and it's pretty short but very replayable, as is the norm for Bullet Hell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Suddenly, Geno Mii Costume because Sakurai says he considered him cause he's cool. Imagine if one of the characters, like K.Rool or Heihachi, that got a Mii costume gets confirmed...
And your point is...?

ITT: being dumb about a fictional character's chance to appear in a video game is equivalent to terrorism
When someone else compared putting Goku on a top 10 or something to terrorism everyone liked that post so I figured I can get away with that
Guess not

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In all seriousness while I don't expect Banjo to make it I think he would make for an awesome inclusion in the game. It would be like a love letter to fans from the N64 era that loved playing Rare games back in those days, myself included.

I think the Ballot might have given him a chance for DLC or something but defiantly not the base roster.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If they can't get Banjo and Kazooie, I've got the next best alternative.

Urasring and Swellow.

D

Deleted member

Don't remember how much it costed but Axiom Verge is a pretty fun Metroidvania game and it does some really interesting subversions of the genre in terms of gameplay
The winner of the last poll was Prince Ephraim. As expected, Eirika was decently popular but failed to reach her brother's level of popularity. Though Seth and Innes were proven to be just as unpopular.

This next one is the last Sacred Stones poll, with half fan favorite units and half villains. Your choices are Valter, Lyon, Joshua, and Lute.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.
Hey, just want you to know I hate you for putting my favorite SS characters all in the same poll :)
/s
When someone else compared putting Goku on a top 10 or something to terrorism everyone liked that post so I figured I can get away with that
Guess not
I honestly don't remember a post like that but number of likes doesn't justify someone's point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom