• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

On the topic of Rex.

If he makes it in...

I hope the Master Driver outfit is an alt.

While his regular outfit grew on me, this one is far better.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Well, this is going to seem odd, but I wanted to respond to these posts, I just remembered that @Delzethin and @mario123007 had responded to my response, to their responses.

Well, it's not a clear cut thing regarding the movies. Certainly not a requirement, as we saw with Greninja recently and the Trainer in Brawl. It's not as if there's some benchmark that decides who makes it and who doesn't, but what we can do is pay attention to which mons are given the most prominence in the current generation, as they're the most likely to be considered for Smash.
Well, my main point with the movie, was that the movies are usually the one to influence a generations most popular Pokemon, case and point Lucario and Zoroark for Gen 4 and 5.

Which is why I've been pointing out how Ash's signature 'mon this generation is actually a Lycanroc, not any starter.
Really, Lycanroc is Ash's Gen 7 signature Pokemon this time? Huh, guess I really need to catch up on the anime.

You're right on how a lot of people keep assuming Decidueye must be a lock or must be the only option in order to "complete the starter trio", and it's an argument that doesn't hold up because the Smash devs don't choose characters just to fill quotas. First and foremost, they're looking for compelling new additions to the roster, and that's where Pokémon in particular gets complicated. While Decidueye has prominence due to being a starter and potential due to unique plant-based powers and archery skills, Lycanroc also has prominence as more or less Gen 7's Lucario archetype as well as being a focal point of the anime, and potential due to unique earth-based powers, a possible quadrupedal build, possibly a multi-form stance system (note: not full moveset transformation) if that was appealing enough to the devs, et cetera. It's reminding me of the Chrom-vs.-Robin thing back in 2014, and since it turns out the two of them may have been considered independently of each other, there's a fairly realistic chance we could see both Decidueye and Lycanroc here.
Wait if Lycanroc is the Lucario archtype of Gen 7, does that mean he's a Pseudo-legendary? Didn't know that.

You know, you were the one who actually convinced me Decidueye wasn't a lock in. Anyway as you said, if they do decide to complete the starter Trio, I can easily see them deciding to use other gen Grass starters, I just hope they'd avoid using the gens already in Smash. And anyhow Meganium, Torterra and Serperioir do also bring something unique to the table, like Decidueye, with their builds and the character concepts they use.

Personally for me, I'd love if they choose Sceptile, if they chose to do the whole let's complete the starter trio, but that's only if they choose to do the Starter Trio for Smash 5, but I doubt they'll do it, just because fans think it would be a neat idea.

Also, not sure where you're getting the "only Ash's fire starters evolve" thing. He's had a Bayleef and Sceptile before, and, y'know, Greninja.
Well, what I actually meant was, most of Ash's non fire starters have a tendency not to reach their final evolutions. Also with only 2 of Ash's grass starters only ever reaching their final stages, I'm thinking Decidueye's popularity won't explode like people are hoping.

I don't know.....from the outer scope this doesn't sound like a Xenoblade game at all, however if it adds Xeno reference, nopons, collectibles, and still an action turn based battle system, I am fine.
Well, now that I've thought about it, most Super hero tropes are usually just Sci-fi tropes, so if they did any Sci-Fi tropes, like I'd be hoping, they'd probably just lump them into the X, if they were going to have it go all in on hard Sci-fi ,like I'm hoping.

Now here's my idea/wishful thinking, for upcoming DLC rare Blades in Xenoblade Chronicles 2:
I also would like to share my thoughts to RWBY fans who also is a fan of Xenoblade (like me), with how now RWBY characters are starting to appear in video game like BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, wouldn't be awesome if we have the RWBY characters appearing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a Blade? With Weare getting new Blades in the futures this idea isn't that far fetched in my opinion. Her are just my thoughts, and yes, their appearances has to be what they are in Volume 1.
I mean just look at Yang Xiao Long for example... Her weapon is basically a knuckles blade, and her element is hands down fire. With how we don't have a fire knuckle rare blade and a tank knuckle blades (with her ability in her original show, she has to be a tank) , if she can be a Blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a guest character and DLC blade, that-would-be-AWESOME.
Weiss besides definitely can be an ice element blade, however, I still can't get how they can use her weapon well... Since her ability heavily involves in dust in her original show...
Ruby might be a wind blade base on her ability in her original show as well. I really want to use her Crescent Rose (or at least a synche weapon) in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 .... Her class might be Attack due to her quick movement and speed in her original show.
Blake... Dark blade, an attack blade, and definitely a Blade that is for Nia lol.
Huh, neat idea for adding the RWBY cast to Xenoblade 2, even though I don't watch RWBY anymore. Felt it went to dark after Vol 3 for me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
On the topic of Rex.

If he makes it in...

I hope the Master Driver outfit is an alt.

While his regular outfit grew on me, this one is far better.
This is the only time I hope Sakurai will say:

"**** Spoilers"

And put that outfit in it. (Along best girl Pneuma)

Like that, if Rex is include in 5ma5h, more peoples will be fine if he have this design as a alternate costume.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait if Lycanroc is the Lucario archtype of Gen 7, does that mean he's a Pseudo-legendary? Didn't know that.
Lucario isn't a pseudo-legendary nor does he even meet any of the requirements for it. Much less Lycanroc.

Starlight_Lily

So, I was liked by @Spazzy_D, and @PushDustIn a while back. You guys think I've got a shot at working for source gaming?

Cause I think I'm totally in there.

Except not really, since I'm not being serious, as fun as it would be to work for them, I like being outside, since that's where I prefer to be, when it comes to Video-game journalism.

Starlight_Lily

Lucario isn't a pseudo-legendary nor does he even meet any of the requirements for it. Much less Lycanroc.
And according, to my sources you are, drum roll, please:

Right.

Welp, I need to do my research better.

D

Deleted member

Careful what you return at the library. You don't wanna be this guy.

Oh my, the person who owns the disc just got exposed.
The people complaining about the fan-service who use Fire Emblem elements in their avatar/signature is especially depressing.
I know, right? I am not saying that Pyra shold be uncensored ( I dream of her being uncensored though ), but geez some people want to cover her to the point where her design is too different.
I see we're discussing Pyra again.
All I'll say is, even disregarding the blatant fanservice, her design is just... Bad. Like, there isn't much for her to stand out and all the details on her outfit make it a mess and bot pleasent to look at.
The same goes for Rex with a bad color palette and his stupid pants.

But, like, I know that's not the case for the whole game because I've seen Morag and I really like her design because it hits all the right notes. Same goes for other characters I've seen being mentioned here like Zeke.
So, for whatever reason, the two main characters have the worst designs out of all characters in the game.
I honestly like Morgan's design, actually. Even though it is not fan-service, I still love Morag's design none of the less. She actually looks like some solider or something while Pyra looks like some kind of summer beach volleyball girl in which she is not. :p
I mean, with people being so sure Icies are gonna come back, I'm sure Pyra and Rex as a combo would work about as well as that.
UM, Pyra, Rex and Mythra trio instead.
Trust us.
We are memers.
Does that include me? :p

D

Deleted member

-sees that Shiny is online-

I'm now half-expecting him to write "Keep talking about *****! I need the knowledge!"

:troll:
You really think so? Embarrass
Yep, this is true. Here are the Psudo-Legendary list:
PUSODE.PNG

Wow, interesting that Generation 3 was the only generation to have two pseudo-legendaries . :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Source Gamig uploads video about Ridley, no mention of the leaks. Ridley confirmed! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom