• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really hope those posts about a Smash trailer are in jest.

I'd like to think we've learned something from Smash 4 speculation, but if we haven't even gotten something as simple and obvious as "There's no Smash character trailers in Nintendo Directs that aren't either general Directs or Smash-specific ones", I think it's safe to say that we're more or less doomed.
Trust us.

We are memers.

No one here actually expects Smash news.

Assume memes before stupidity, Burb.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I'd like to think we've learned something from Smash 4 speculation, but if we haven't even gotten something as simple and obvious as "There's no Smash character trailers in Nintendo Directs that aren't either general Directs or Smash-specific ones", I think it's safe to say that we're more or less doomed.
To be fair, this is exactly why any expectations should be tempered.

But also to be fair, there's no distinct need for Nintendo to follow that precedent.

I won't be holding my breath either, but the odds of seeing something are merely immensely unlikely, not impossible.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

We'll never learn our lessons man.

We are truly hopeless optimists.
Trust us.

We are memers.

In the 1/1000000th chance Smash has a reveal, what do you think people's reactions would be?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, it's over.

It was short, like, really short.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Man that Shovel Knight trailer was great. Can't believe they just randomly threw Goku in there too. Sakurai is truly a mastermind.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Waluigi needs his moveset to be based off his personality.
Otherwise it's not worth it.
So you agree with me, Waluigi having a Mario Party based moveset works best for him, since he's a troll, and you mainly troll your friends in the Mario party series? :p

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Some of those games looked pretty neat. I'm not one who usually goes out seeking indie games, so except Banner Saga and Lumines, I basically didn't know any of the games they featured if they've been on PC or other consoles already, and that made it kinda cool for me because it's like fresh announcements.

D

Deleted member

YOOO MARK OF THE NINJA REMASTERED I ****ING LOVE THAT GAME

Fantasy Strike seems neat, I'd have to see more of it first but if it truly is a fighting game with "simple specials" then I'm in

What the **** is that Messenger ****, seriously, everything from it seems straight up ripped from Shovel Knight

"One last announcement"
Is it Shovel Knight?
"Banner Saga..."
Literally who?
"...3"
THEY MADE 3 OF THEM???

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The utter and honest truth.
Those who repeat the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat it. Such is the story of the Smash community.
Man that Shovel Knight trailer was great. Can't believe they just randomly threw Goku in there too. Sakurai is truly a mastermind.
You know someone's actually going to take this post seriously right? :estatic:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Still nothing on Hollow Knight?...k

Even by Indie showcase standards that was very underwhelming...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously tho King of Cards was the only reason I watched it. Yacht Club pls.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Trust us.

We are memers.

I mean, considering ever since the Switch came out, alot of people kept expecting something about Smash ever since the Switch released. There was always, "Smash better be announced" or "I hope Smash is shown." or "We need Smash Bros." Most of us with reason were expecting a possibility of Smash at E3, then came this teaser of Smash out of nowhere. Now people feel like since Smash came out of nowhere that they feel that they can perfectly expect Smash in little Directs or any Directs in general.
In all honesty, I completely expect stupidity first over memes, cause most of us are that "needy" for more that we abandon reason for desire.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I mean, considering ever since the Switch came out, alot of people kept expecting something about Smash ever since the Switch released. There was always, "Smash better be announced" or "I hope Smash is shown." or "We need Smash Bros." Most of us with reason were expecting a possibility of Smash at E3, then came this teaser of Smash out of nowhere. Now people feel like since Smash came out of nowhere that they feel that they can perfectly expect Smash in little Directs or any Directs in general.
In all honesty, I completely expect stupidity first over memes, cause most of us are that "needy" for more that we abandon reason for desire.
The Smash fandom is thirstier than a fish in a desert.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
A more important question would be why anyone would assume much from you in the first place, Uni. :troll:
heartbroken.gif

Heh. For once, the stoopid guy is the smart one. :troll:

I legit don't expect anything before E3. Smash is too big of a hype bomb to waste on a small show. Gotta bring the big guns to the big presentations.

D

Deleted member

I still think we might get one more trailer, teaser or gameplay, before E3. Though it all depends on if we do get a Direct in April or May.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Not to mention that most people are aware that we're highly likely to not get anything else until E3.

If people are already thirsty, the thought of a potential two-and-a-half month long wait is extremely unpleasant.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Didn't people have to wait for months for some new info on Brawl after it was first announced?
If I'm remembering that correctly then a couple of months should be nothing to you grizzled old smash speculator vets. :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I can't hate too much. The games looked mostly interesting.

But every one I looked at I was like, "this is **** I pick up on Steam Sales, at Steam Sale prices."

Might pick up a few of them for mobile play. Lumines in particular. And Pode, Pool Panic, and maybe Bomb Chicken look like they'll be worth keeping an eye on when reviews come out.

But Garage looks like someone drained all the fun out of Hotline Miami, Bad North doesn't excite me, and every last one of the remaining eight - more than half of the showcase - will be on Steam or is on there now, and I don't feel the urge to pay full price for a single one of them.

Kind of wish they'd released Shovel Knight for Smash at the end just so I could give a damn about the presentation.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Didn't people have to wait for months for some new info on Brawl after it was first announced?
If I'm remembering that correctly then a couple of months should be nothing to you grizzled old smash speculator vets. :p
There was a lot of droughts pre-SSB4, too.

Between E3 2013 and December 2013, we were getting a veteran monthly at best, and had countless POTDs that were just silly and served no purpose.

Took 5 months after Wii Fit Trainer's reveal for us to finally get another newcomer in Rosalina.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, but there's a few factors that made Brawl's more bearable.
  • Lots of character reveals that aren't ****ing silhouettes, including 5 newcomers (Meta Knight, Pit, ZSS, Wario and Snake)
  • We had a new mechanic hinted at with Final Smashes
  • WE SAW GAMEPLAY!
  • Brawl wasn't announced on the same year as the first announcement
So you guys were ready to be patient. Not to mention there was a good 5 years between Melee and that reveal. What was a few months after this much time? :p

In this case, our last bit of Smash stuff was about two years ago with the final DLCs and patches and we know this game will be released this year. Aside from that, we only know four things: BotW Link, Mario, Inklings and those ****ing silhouettes.

Different circumstances lead to different things.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not to mention that most people are aware that we're highly likely to not get anything else until E3.

If people are already thirsty, the thought of a potential two-and-a-half month long wait is extremely unpleasant.
It actually reminds me of the wait between the 4/1 Direct and the New Content Approaching Direct in 2015. That felt like an eternity to me. Then there was the wait between the New Content Approaching Direct and the 11/12 Direct which was horrible beyond words.

The benefit of an E3 reveal is that we'll get rapid fire reveals from then to the release date in September, October, or whatever. I mean if the game is being released in September then there's the possibility for weekly character reveals from E3 to the game's launch. Can you guys imagine something like that?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Was really hoping for Hollow Knight. Ah well. That was certainly a thing.

D

Deleted member

I left off at the worst possible location
0171 - golden sun.png

I literally have no idea what I'm doing

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Brawl wasn't announced on the same year as the first announcement
I'm grateful for that part, if anything.

Less pre-release time likely means a steadier flow of actual information. As great as the POTD and Dojo were, there was so much filler and useless posts.

Never forget the POTD about Luigi's nose physics and the "You must recover!" Dojo update.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm grateful for that part, if anything.

Less pre-release time likely means a steadier flow of actual information. As great as the POTD and Dojo were, there was so much filler and useless posts.

Never forget the POTD about Luigi's nose physics and the "You must recover!" Dojo update.
You take that back!

Luigi's nose was freaking amazing!

Every other filler post? I get it. But Luigi's nose was brilliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom