• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, Smash's reveal could have had multiple character reveals and gameplay, and people would still probably be complaining about "No new info" at this point in time.

I do hope we at least get "Pic of the Day"s again, but not really because I'm starved for news. As silly and pointless as 80% of them were, it was just something neat to look forward to after a long day. Having literally anything to look forward to makes any day more bearable.

...That came out way more depressing than I intended.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
You take that back!

Luigi's nose was freaking amazing!

Every other filler post? I get it. But Luigi's nose was brilliance!
I still remember that one pic of the day where people were expecting a Pokemon character because of X/Y but we got Wii Fit Trainer's ass.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My thing is Sakurai is a show off when it comes to the new playstyles he invented, so if he's had two years plus to work on this he might have actually thought of quite a few.

I don't see him being able to throw away the opportunity to show off as much new stuff as possible. There's always the possibility we get another Smash Direct before E3 with Inkling and Breath of the Wild Link gameplay, a few looks at old returning vets, and even another newcomer or two.

Unless Nintendo is just going to do a ''This E3 is all about Smash" like they did with BoTW.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If Nintendo was smart they'd just have Sakurai use twitter this time around for the Dojo/Pic of the Day like thing. They could have a trending tweet everyday and promote the game like crazy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If Nintendo was smart they'd just have Sakurai use twitter this time around for the Dojo/Pic of the Day like thing. They could have a trending tweet everyday and promote the game like crazy.
Poor guy would get 10X the amount of hate tweets he normally get lol.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope people start tweeting Kamiya about Bayonetta's return as if he has a say.

I really need some Bayo idiots and Smash idiots blockage going on.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I miss snow.

I moved to Florida for school and everything is too hot and damp. I would honest to god take a foot of snow.

I'm a mountain boi.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yeah, let's not subject one of the Nintendo game designers to Nintendo's incredibly whiny and obnoxious fanbase, please.

"A winter storm warning is in effect, starting tomight"

"More than 1 foot of snow is expected"

oh. Guess im not leaving my dorm tomorrow. . .
:061:
So for you I guess...
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Winter has come.

I miss snow.

I moved to Florida for school and everything is too hot and damp. I would honest to god take a foot of snow.

I'm a mountain boi.
You wouldn't be talkin' like that if you had to deal with the slush that came after the snow.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I hope people start tweeting Kamiya about Bayonetta's return as if he has a say.

I really need some Bayo idiots and Smash idiots blockage going on.
I mean, he has some say.

He could say no.

So for you I guess...
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Winter has come.
Good thing you're using an emoji Kirby.

Cause that joke...
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Sucked.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So apparently pre ordering Street Fighter 30th Anniversary gets you a free copy of Ultra SFIV.

That's... Actually really good not gonna lie.

Sadly no Switch pre order bonus (inb4 Ultra SFII for free lol)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Crossover licensing and approval is a very intricate process.
Yes, but as far as it would seem he just simply created the character.

He most likely has no say in her future or where she appears?

Unless he very carefully negotiated her with Sega, 9 times out of 10 the one who is putting the characters out to the world whether it be a movie, book, video game, etc character? It's owned by them.

Tis why you hear of nightmare stories of content creators wishing they'd been smarter in their licensing as to prevent horrible sequels and spin-offs, etc, etc.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Yes, but as far as it would seem he just simply created the character.

He most likely has no say in her future or where she appears?

Unless he very carefully negotiated her with Sega, 9 times out of 10 the one who is putting the characters out to the world whether it be a movie, book, video game, etc character? It's owned by them.

Tis why you hear of nightmare stories of content creators wishing they'd been smarter in their licensing as to prevent horrible sequels and spin-offs, etc, etc.
Sakurai likely would choose not to implement a character against the wishes of their creator and series director, and in crossover deals like this, Kamiya has declined to enter in the past.

That being said, he regrets not putting Bayo in PXZ2 as Dante's partner and would be very unlikely not to support Bayo's re-inclusion.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last Blazing Sword poll was Jaffar. Nino, Lucius, and Ninian all fared pretty well and never fell behind.

Next would be the start of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones with at least two big Lords to choose between. Your choices are Ephraim, Eirkia, Iness, and Seth.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So Kamiya is all of Sega now?

Fun things I did not know.
Point the first, it ain't Sega's call. They don't own the IP, Platinum Games does. Sega just publishes.

Point the second, in the probably pretty unlikely case that Kamiya vetoed Bayo for the next Smash, Sega might ask real nicely behind closed doors, but if his mind's made up they'd just let it ride. It's not a big enough dealbreaker to make the dollar signs disappear. Maybe some nerds boycott Bayonetta 3 in retaliation. Doesn't matter, the title's gonna be all over the press. Publicity either way.

Bonus point is that Kamiya would take any flak, not Sega - and for that, yes, probably him personally.

If Kamiya really wanted to say no Sega might bark but they won't *****.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
"A winter storm warning is in effect, starting tomight"

"More than 1 foot of snow is expected"

oh. Guess im not leaving my dorm tomorrow. . .
:061:
Just walk around in your underwear. That'll make some memories :troll:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Point the first, it ain't Sega's call. They don't own the IP, Platinum Games does. Sega just publishes.

Point the second, in the probably pretty unlikely case that Kamiya vetoed Bayo for the next Smash, Sega might ask real nicely behind closed doors, but if his mind's made up they'd just let it ride. It's not a big enough dealbreaker to make the dollar signs disappear. Maybe some nerds boycott Bayonetta 3 in retaliation. Doesn't matter, the title's gonna be all over the press. Publicity either way.

Bonus point is that Kamiya would take any flak, not Sega - and for that, yes, probably him personally.

If Kamiya really wanted to say no Sega might bark but they won't *****.
Actually, the series is considered an IP under SEGA's ownership and Bayonetta is considered a SEGA character. That being said, SEGA's hand in the franchise basically is as skin-deep as you mentioned tho. Platinum has or at least seems to have all the creative control.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Actually, the series is considered an IP under SEGA's ownership and Bayonetta is considered a SEGA character. That being said, SEGA's hand in the franchise basically is as skin-deep as you mentioned tho. Platinum has or at least seems to have all the creative control.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/02/hideki_kamiya_shares_background_of_bayonetta_3_development
shrug.png

Aight, you got me. I talked out my ass.

So apparently Sega and Ninty are joint owners of the IP for 2 and 3. The reason Bayo 1 went elsewhere was at Sega's behest, because they owned the rights for that game.

I thought they stepped out after 1 and Ninty stepped in. I was wrong. Been wrong before, it doesn't hurt my feelings too much.

D

Deleted member

0171 - golden sun 2.png

According to the guide I'm using, I'm supposed to read the sign and then something happens
I read it and nothing happened

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
If the men in FEH had the bulge size of the girls boobs, how many people do you think would complain?
Considering a bulge THAT big would be unhealthy...

Concerned.
We usually see them from the waist up in portraits.

People wouldn't notice until they realized the male combat models all had three legs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now to be fair.

Breasts are just larger organs that the uh... things in the bulge. At least... usually.

Ivander

Smash Legend
He did say no to Project X Zone.
He did say he regrets it, as he said he should've done it for the fans who wanted to see Dante & Bayonetta fight together. Or something along those lines. And I doubt he would say no to Bayonetta returning.
I mean, besides maybe Square, I don't think none of the other 3rd party owners want to leave their characters out of Smash. I mean, Kojima was pretty willing to let Snake return to Smash if Sakurai asked him(although we don't know Konami's say about it). And besides that, having their characters in does give them good publicity. I mean, does anybody remember how much publicity Megaman got, especially during that E3 tournament?

So yeah, when it comes to Sega, Capcom and Namco, I'm pretty sure they are fine with keeping their characters in Smash. Square's the main concern, as they are picky with their IPs. But considering Cloud's reception when he was first shown, I'm positive both Nintendo and Square are aware of how much of a fan favourite he is and he isn't going to leave so lightly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom