• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I would do a fan roster, but the problem is that my roster would be nitpicked so hard, and you guys can be really rude sometimes about rosters...

It would basically be the majority of the characters from 4, most of the veterans, and a few newcomers, including Frisk, The Dragonborn, and Quote. And of course, Inklings.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In lite of the new Spring Heroes, new FEH Comic is out.
Well, can't say I blame him when he's not used to being with a whole bunch of new people from other worlds. But now I'm curious how many other complaints have been made. *looks at Valter, Narcian, Oliver, Grima, etc*

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I vote Grima.

Partly because if your Jakob ain't broke there's no need to fix it, partly because it shores up your Grima's shortcomings
Yeah... That's what I thought too.

Now come home, Hardin, so I may sacrifice you to the Fell Dragon :p

and partly but to a lesser extent because I'm heavily biased towards evil dragon dad.
:laugh:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yo it's hard to make a demo reel when all your best work is on a previous laptop you can't recover anymore and can't afford the repairs for because you bought your current laptop with the triple amount of money it would cost to repair the previous one.

D

Deleted member

@Erureido Ivander Ivander @Burruni
Two new Extella Link Servants have been announced
Yup, Arjuna was the other Archer, and we finally got an actual archer playable. The Archer class isn't really made up of archers.
The other Servant is Darius III as one of the Berserkers, shouldn't be too hard to find his video.

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Erureido Ivander Ivander @Burruni
Two new Extella Link Servants have been announced
Yup, Arjuna was the other Archer, and we finally got an actual archer playable. The Archer class isn't really made up of archers.
The other Servant is Darius III as one of the Berserkers, shouldn't be too hard to find his video.
Arjuna vs Karna as well as well Iskander vs Darius III shenanigans. Nice.

D

Deleted member

Still WIP but this is my roster (It's a wishlist with no regards to realism at all)
  1. Mario (Moveset takes more inspiration from Odyssey, also has costumes from that game)
  2. Luigi (Moveset takes more inspiration from Luigi's Mansion)
  3. Peach
  4. Yoshi
  5. Rosalina
  6. Bowser (Dry Bowser)
  7. Bowser Jr. (Koopalings)
  8. Wario (With Wario Land stuff)
  9. Waluigi (Still haven't come up with many moves but he would generally do stuff that defy logic)
  10. Donkey Kong
  11. Diddy Kong
  12. Dixie Kong (Wolf/Lucas-esque Semi clone of Diddy)
  13. King K. Rool (Still coming up with a moveset but he obviously uses stuff from his boss fights and has a Kaptain costume)
  14. Dr. Mario
  15. Mr. Game & Watch
  16. Little Mac
  17. Duck Hunt
  18. Ice Climbers
  19. R.O.B
  20. Link (Updated to whatever he does in BoTW)
  21. Zelda (See above)
  22. Sheik
  23. Ganondorf (With a moveset that takes inspiration from his boss fights)
  24. Toon Link
  25. Samus (With an updated moveset)
  26. Zero Suit Samus
  27. Ridley (Being generous here)
  28. Pit
  29. Palutena (Her current moveset is awful pls fix)
  30. Dark Pit (Redone from scratch)
  31. Takamaru (Draw and sheathe style swordsman with Shuriken and fire, Samurai armor alt because I ****ing can)
  32. Ness (Final Smash is changed to PK Rockin, Ninten alt)
  33. Lucas (Down B is changed to Offense Up)
  34. Marth
  35. Roy
  36. Ike
  37. Robin
  38. Lucina (Redone from scratch)
  39. Corrin (Female as default)
  40. Captain Falcon
  41. Kirby (Moveset now includes more stuff from abilities that aren't Fighter, Hypernova FS)
  42. King Dedede (Swole Dedede FS, Masked costume)
  43. Meta Knight
  44. Bandana Dee (Currently remaking my moveset, mostly Spear and Parasol attacks)
  45. Marx (Mostly based off Star Allies)
  46. Fox
  47. Falco (Arwing FS)
  48. Wolf (Wolfen transformation FS)
  49. Pikachu (Gigavolt Havoc FS, Detective Pikachu alt w/ voice)
  50. Charizard
  51. Jigglypuff
  52. Mewtwo
  53. Lucario (Moveset updated to actually include some fighting type moves)
  54. Greninja
  55. Decidueye (Sp00py archer with windboxes and some grass attacks)
  56. Villager
  57. Isaac (Earthbender that uses a sword occasionally, Martthew alt)
  58. Olimar (Alph)
  59. Wii Fit Trainer
  60. Shulk
  61. Tibby (Rhythm Heaven rep, uses rhythm based attacks that reference minigames from the series)
  62. Inkling
  63. Pac-Man (Ms. Pac-Man)
  64. Snake (Big Boss)
  65. Ryu
  66. Mega Man
  67. Phoenix Wright (Based off MvC3)
  68. Sonic (****ing 70% ball attacks, you can do so much better than this)
  69. Bayonetta
  70. Rayman (Moveset writes itself)
  71. Crash (Still need to play his games to figure this one out)
  72. Cloud
  73. Shovel Knight (Just play the damn game for yourself)
I was originally going to put some stuff that I don't care about like Spring Man or Rex/Pyra to include "realistic aspects" but then I realized that they might not make it in because of timing issues so lol

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's going to be interesting rating Rex/Pyra for RTC today. I might have a long analysis on the character.

It's also going to be interesting to see if Smash ends up revealing an indie character for today's direct. I'm not banking on it, but we'll see.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
RTC is depressing today man. Like, even as a fan of Xenoblade 2, I don't like most of the character designs, and I will never deny how fan-service-y it is at times, but geez, at least TRY to look past Rex and Pyra on a surface level people, they're both pretty like-able in the actual game, and Smash would literally not be any more blatant with its own fan service than it already is if they made it in.

The people complaining about the fan-service who use Fire Emblem elements in their avatar/signature is especially depressing.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
RTC is depressing today man. Like, even as a fan of Xenoblade 2, I don't like most of the character designs, and I will never deny how fan-service-y it is at times, but geez, at least TRY to look past Rex and Pyra on a surface level people, they're both pretty like-able in the actual game...

The people complaining about the fan-service who use Fire Emblem elements in their avatar/signature is especially depressing.
Rex and Pyra feel like pretty likely characters from popularity and relevance alone, even if I haven't taken enough interest in XC2 to actually buy it yet.

I'm holding out for an XC:X stage because the environments were the best part of that game and the chances of a character from that game getting in are pretty much slim-to-none thanks to XC2's success and... existence really. I think having a stage would be a perfect way to represent the game. Maybe Noctilum at night, or a stage based on Primordia with NLA and the big gel crystals in the background.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Rex and Pyra feel like pretty likely characters from popularity and relevance alone, even if I haven't taken enough interest in XC2 to actually buy it yet.

I'm holding out for an XC:X stage because the environments were the best part of that game and the chances of a character from that game getting in are pretty much slim-to-none thanks to XC2's success and... existence really. I think having a stage would be a perfect way to represent the game. Maybe Noctilum at night, or a stage based on Primordia with NLA and the big gel crystals in the background.
Oh everyone is rating them as pretty likely. It's the "want" ratio and their reasoning why that's getting under my skin a bit.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
What direct are you talking about?
He's referring to the Nindie showcase.

They're showing nindies today.
Well, :4greninja:'d.

Anyway, just thought I'd point it out, Nindie Showcases, are not Directs. Directs are for Nintendo games and big game publishers, with Indies sometimes getting a appearance, Nindie Showcases are just for Indie games being released on Nintendo platforms.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Oh everyone is rating them as pretty likely. It's the "want" ratio and their reasoning why that's getting under my skin a bit.
I find them likely enough that despite my 'roster' only adding 6 characters (including the Inklings) for a total of 64 in the lowballed version, Rex and Pyra made it in.

Highballed version should add about another six or so.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
RTC is depressing today man. Like, even as a fan of Xenoblade 2, I don't like most of the character designs, and I will never deny how fan-service-y it is at times, but geez, at least TRY to look past Rex and Pyra on a surface level people, they're both pretty like-able in the actual game, and Smash would literally not be any more blatant with its own fan service than it already is if they made it in.

I wondered if the negatif feeling I had when I saw the RTC thread was stupid or justified.

Really, I'm fine with peoples saying that they don't like Rex/Pyra design or even dislike Xenoblade 2 and all, but man, some of the post I saw were just...urgh...I knew that discussion about Pyra/Rex inclusion to Smash tend to go into salt fest just because of their design alone, but this is too much for me man.

Then again, I quit dislike Smash speculation in general, so, maybe I should have seen it coming and just leave that thread alone.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm moreso trying to figure out how Rex and Pyra would work in gameplay. Are they going to function like Pokemon Trainer or will Pyra be with Rex on the battlefield?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I wondered if the negatif feeling I had when I saw the RTC thread was stupid or justified.

Really, I'm fine with peoples saying that they don't like Rex/Pyra design or even dislike Xenoblade 2 and all, but man, some of the post I saw were just...urgh...I knew that discussion about Pyra/Rex inclusion to Smash tend to go into salt fest just because of their design alone, but this is too much for me man.

Then again, I quit dislike Smash speculation in general, so, maybe I should have seen it coming and just leave that thread alone.
The Smash community is both simultaneously one of the best communities I've been honored to be a part of and one of the worst trash piles I've had the displeasure of witnessing.

There ain't much in-between on the internet.

D

Deleted member

I remember Bandana Dee and Takamaru's RTCs. People who gave them low want scores were usually of the following camps:
  1. Generic Enemy/Swordsman
  2. "They feel like a token Kirby/Retro character"
ugh, can't wait for the inevitable "token grass starter" to be used against Decidueye -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Smash community is both simultaneously one of the best communities I've been honored to be a part of and one of the worst trash piles I've had the displeasure of witnessing.

There ain't much in-between on the internet.
Yeah, I share the same feeling. Again, I generally try to avoid Smash speculation due to how trash it can become when it come to certain characters. But sometime, even I can't help but look a little into the void, even if I risk to fall in it at any second.
I'm moreso trying to figure out how Rex and Pyra would work in gameplay. Are they going to function like Pokemon Trainer or will Pyra be with Rex on the battlefield?
Personaly, I feel like Rex/Pyra/Mythra would work as a reverse :pt::

Rex fight on the battlefield while Pyra/Mythra follow him in the background, the closer Rex is to Pyra/Mythra, the better his damages/knockback get over time. Just like in the game where, the longer and closer you are to your blade, the better your stats become (your arts reload faster, you get buff to your damages, defense, etc..).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I mean to be fair, for as dumb as a lot of Nohrian armor was, a lot of XC2 designs take my issues with them and turn them up to eleven.

That's all I'll say here though.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I mean to be fair, for as dumb as a lot of Nohrian armor was, a lot of XC2 designs take my issues with them and turn them up to eleven.

Oh I'm not about to deny the character designs in Xenoblade 2 are MUCH more outlandish than a game like Fates, barring a few exceptions like Nohr Azura. I just mean the "fan-service" argument in general. Need I remind everyone of the petting mechanic...

Even barring Fates, FE as a whole isn't a stranger to fan-service. Comparing a campfire to the sun in the case of Xenoblade 2, but still.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'd picture something along the lines of Ice Climbers cept Pyra wouldn't attack but just power up Rex (save for some special combination attacks)...but in a more temporary sense, like an assist trophy exclusive to Rex...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It always surprises me when people say they can't come up with a moveset for Waluigi. Personally, I think he is one of the easiest to make one for.

The Mario Sports/Kart/Party series is the highest selling franchise that isn't represented in the roster at all. Having Waluigi use different sports equipment, Mario Party elements, and even maybe use Mario Kart elements would be perfect for a wacky character like Waluigi.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh I'm not about to deny the character designs in Xenoblade 2 are MUCH more outlandish than a game like Fates, barring a few exceptions like Nohr Azura. I just mean the "fan-service" argument in general. Need I remind everyone of the petting mechanic...
imo Fire Emblem does at least make sense sometimes by having the characters have personalities that fit the fanservicey designs or Tharja having an outfit that would protect her from the desert's heat

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
imo Fire Emblem does at least make sense sometimes by having the characters have personalities that fit the fanservicey designs or Tharja having an outfit that would protect her from the desert's heat
I can agree with that. Given her actual personality Pyra has literally no reason to look the way she does. But fan service is fan service at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Just curious, how do you feel about the design of the antagonists? Mainly, Malos, Jin, Akhos, Patroka & Mikhail? In term of design, I say that, none of them are overly design to the point of being ridiculous, though, beside Malos, it's very clear that Nomura designed them, but what do you think? Here are images to help.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yeah, I share the same feeling. Again, I generally try to avoid Smash speculation due to how trash it can become when it come to certain characters. But sometime, even I can't help but look a little into the void, even if I risk to fall in it at any second.

Personaly, I feel like Rex/Pyra/Mythra would work as a reverse :pt::

Rex fight on the battlefield while Pyra/Mythra follow him in the background, the closer Rex is to Pyra/Mythra, the better his damages/knockback get over time. Just like in the game where, the longer and closer you are to your blade, the better your stats become (your arts reload faster, you get buff to your damages, defense, etc..).
I was thinking about that idea but I can imagine it being hard to track your Pyra/Mythra in an 8 plyer Smash (assuming that comes back.)

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Xenoblade 2's plethora of guest artists ultimately hurt the game more than helped it, honestly, in the west anyway. Only so many different ingredients you can throw into a melting pot before you lose the flavor you were trying to go for because of so many different elements mixing together. Not to mention, again, the "preference" a lot of the artists had with some designs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well now someone is using the "typical rpg character" arguement, which, as an Isaac supporter, I ****ing hate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom