• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On one hand, I need to save my orbs.

On the other hand, Catria variant.
Do it, Opossum, search your feelings, you know you want her! DO IT!
Catria's easily one of the more popular Archanea characters, at least. As for why they went with Archanea to begin with...well, it's anyone's guess.

Not complaining though. :p
There are two HUGE reasons:
1-Popular character from popular game
2-Ninjabbit

Ivander

Smash Legend
It was... fine.

But it needs some improvements.

Still leagues better than Tour tho.
IF there's anything that's easily addable that will improve Smash Run greatly, it's giving it Settings like with Kirby Air Ride.
-Allow us to choose the Mode that plays at the end of the time
-allow us to change the Time limit to between 3 min to 7 min
-having the option to turn on or off events
-have an option to allow the players to see other players and even have a "Friendly Fire" like option
-have an option for 2-4 players rather than just only 4 players
-have an option to choose which cannons, passages, enemy hordes, etc, pop up on the map
And last but not least, 2 Modes:
-Free Run Mode, a Mode where only us, the player, can roam around the entire map with no time limit, allowing us to beat the frick out of enemies for general amusement.
-A Mode that allows us to select one of the exclusive Smash Run games, like Race to the Finish or Climb the Tower, and play that mode without need to go through Smash Run first.

These things really helped City Trial in Air Ride, these new things for Smash Run would definitely make it much more replayable.

So like me and Animal Crossing then.

I just don't understand how people can play that game for so long.
I used to play a whole lot of the first Animal Crossing on Gamecube and I was one of the first in my family to actually get the Golden Statue, but eventually got burned out. I did try a bit of Wild World, but it didn't attract me in as much as the first game did.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do it, Opossum, search your feelings, you know you want her! DO IT!

There are two HUGE reasons:
1-Popular character from popular game
2-Ninjabbit
But those are reasons for Kagero, not Catria. :p

See, AC and ARMS being less fun the more you play actually makes a lot of sense IMO

ARMS is pretty cool at a basic level. When you first start out it's new and exciting. But the more you play, the more you realize the game is a bit too simple. As you get better at the game, the gameplay problems that exist become more and more pronounced because better players notice them better. (plus, some of the modes are kind of **** when you start to notice the problems, and if you then only do ranked battles. . .yeah not that great)

AC is based on a repetitive gameplay loop. That's not a bad thing obviously. People ****ing love that based on the sales. But if you don't like that little loop, doing it over and over will get less and less interesting the less new it is.

So like, liking them the most when they are at the newest makes a lot of sense. But as the new stuff fades away. . .If you don't like the foundation, there is nothing ledt
:061:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
See, AC and ARMS being less fun the more you play actually makes a lot of sense IMO

ARMS is pretty cool at a basic level. When you first start out it's new and exciting. But the more you play, the more you realize the game is a bit too simple. As you get better at the game, the gameplay problems that exist become more and more pronounced because better players notice them better. (plus, some of the modes are kind of **** when you start to notice the problems, and if you then only do ranked battles. . .yeah not that great)

AC is based on a repetitive gameplay loop. That's not a bad thing obviously. People ****ing love that based on the sales. But if you don't like that little loop, doing it over and over will get less and less interesting the less new it is.

So like, liking them the most when they are at the newest makes a lot of sense. But as the new stuff fades away. . .If you don't like the foundation, there is nothing ledt
Isn't that true for most games though?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I used to play a whole lot of the first Animal Crossing on Gamecube and I was one of the first in my family to actually get the Golden Statue, but eventually got burned out. I did try a bit of Wild World, but it didn't attract me in as much as the first game did.
Yeah...

I may be an Animal Crossing fan, but I really can't defend Wild World. It aged horribly, has none of the holidays, everyone shares the same house (which sucks if you're trying to design your roon, but user #3 decided to sell your **** or whatever) and online play, its one redeeming quality, got shut down.

City Folk isn't that much better. Compared to Wild World, it has the holidays, doesn't look as ugly but damn, it's surprisngly bare bones.

Really, the only good AC games are the original and New Leaf. And New Leaf is ****ing fantastic.

I meant cause they both are lame.
>Animal Crossing
>lame

I don't like you anymore.

Yeah... It's a big reason I dropped out of Wild World and City Folk when I did, actually.

Those games don't offer much beyond the usual. And the usual was mostly nothing.

As for why I dropped out of New Leaf? Life just got in the way, couldn't play for a while and I'm too ****ing scared to lose a villager to even think of coming back lol

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
IF there's anything that's easily addable that will improve Smash Run greatly, it's giving it Settings like with Kirby Air Ride.
-have an option to allow the players to see other players and even have a "Friendly Fire" like option
-have an option to choose which cannons, passages, enemy hordes, etc, pop up on the map
-Free Run Mode, a Mode where only us, the player, can roam around the entire map with no time limit, allowing us to beat the frick out of enemies for general amusement.
-A Mode that allows us to select one of the exclusive Smash Run games, like Race to the Finish or Climb the Tower, and play that mode without need to go through Smash Run first.

These things really helped City Trial in Air Ride, these new things for Smash Run would definitely make it much more replayable.
Another thing that Smash Run could take advantage of. A Boss Battle event, like the King Dedede Event in Air Ride's City Trial. Basically, after Smash Run, the 4 players team up to fight against a juiced-up Boss like Dark Lord, Yellow Devil, Ridley or Metal Face. First Place is given to the one(s) who survive.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Another thing that Smash Run could take advantage of. A Boss Battle event, like the King Dedede Event in Air Ride's City Trial. Basically, after Smash Run, the 4 players team up to fight against a juiced-up Boss like Dark Lord, Yellow Devil, Ridley or Metal Face. First Place is given to the one(s) who survive.
Really loving those ideas.

Take some ****ing notes, Slapurai.

Chrono.

First you people don't like ARMS.

Then you don't like Smash Run?

I thought you people liked fun things.
It was okay but no real point to play it outside of just regular Smash.

It felt like an afterthought, not the big new single player mode.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
When people say I bandwagon, it makes me angry. :mad:
I do not bandwagon.

Sure we are I guess. Welcome twin.
Just cause we’re the same age doesn’t mean we are twins.

Yeah...

I may be an Animal Crossing fan, but I really can't defend Wild World. It aged horribly, has none of the holidays, everyone shares the same house (which sucks if you're trying to design your roon, but user #3 decided to sell your **** or whatever) and online play, its one redeeming quality, got shut down.

City Folk isn't that much better. Compared to Wild World, it has the holidays, doesn't look as ugly but damn, it's surprisngly bare bones.

Really, the only good AC games are the original and New Leaf. And New Leaf is ****ing fantastic.

>Animal Crossing
>lame

I don't like you anymore.

Yeah... It's a big reason I dropped out of Wild World and City Folk when I did, actually.

Those games don't offer much beyond the usual. And the usual was mostly nothing.

As for why I dropped out of New Leaf? Life just got in the way, couldn't play for a while and I'm too ****ing scared to lose a villager to even think of coming back lol
But I still like youuuu. Embarrass

Isn't that true for most games though?
Not exactly.

Story driven single player games are able to avoid this the best. New stuff is always happening because of the story. Same goes for puzzle games, because there is always a new puzzle to slove.

Some genres, like MMOs and some Shooters don't have that problem either, at least for a while. MMOs are filled with content, so getting to the grindy parts takes a long time. Shooters have lot's of unlocks to go through. If it's class based, there is usually a lot of classes and maps to learns (and eapns depending on the game I guess)

Fighting games and racing games are some of the biggest problems because they usually have the least content. . .but unlike ARMS, they are usually way more complex so there is a lot of cool learning you can do for those that want to play more hardcord. Casuals wouldnt care obviously, but lol fighting game sales.

Im sure im forgetting a few genres but meh.

D

Deleted member

Question, do you guys think they should bring back Smash 4 Rage or not? Just curious.
Rage can be beneficial for the losing side, yet actually harmful.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Really loving those ideas.

Take some ****ing notes, Slapurai.
Sakurai made Air Ride and those Settings for City Trial were available from the start. The End Games after City Trial you had to gradually unlock by getting them, but once you unlocked them, you could play them freely whenever you wished and choose them as the end game after the time limit.

So yeah, I was shocked for a good reason when Smash Run didn't even have a Settings Mode.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It felt like an afterthought, not the big new single player mode.
I do hope they add the part of Smash Tour where you could have different characters as the stocks into Smash 6. That was cool.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But I still like youuuu. Embarrass
Well, I don't like people who think AC is lame, so...

Just kidding. Still like ya ^-^

Question, do you guys think they should bring back Smash 4 Rage or not? Just curious.
It can also be beneficial for the winning side if they have enough rage.

It's a neat concept, but the execution isn't as neat...

Ivander

Smash Legend
You mean you didn't find fun in exploring a giant platformer-like maze beating the **** out of Nintendo baddies with a mix of Capcom, Sega and Namco enemies?

I mean, it should've at least been a good stress reliever after doing some regular Smash.

D

Deleted member

I found this image in Google....
It perfectly represents me IRL....
Lonely, in my room all day....:(
welp.jpg

......chatting with all of you guys. :)
Well, I don't like people who think AC is lame, so...

Just kidding. Still like ya ^-^

It can also be beneficial for the winning side if they have enough rage.

It's a neat concept, but the execution isn't as neat...
I once saw something where Captain Falcon had max rage and he killed a Luigi in 20% WITH A JAB...... I have no idea how.
Rage is an interesting concept indeed, just in some cases it can be bonkers.
Lucario's Aura is busted because of rage. Rage affects Lucario as well, and Lucario's aura was BUFFED from Brawl. So Lucario can kil you at like fifty percent with a grab in max aura + max rage. Nice.
The **** is rage?
A Smash 4 mechanic where the more percent you have, the more knock back a move can do.
This video will help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I once saw something where Captain Falcon had max rage and he killed a Luigi in 20% WITH A JAB...... I have no idea how.
Lucario's Aura is busted because of rage. Rage affects Lucario as well, and Lucario's aura was BUFFED from Brawl. So Lucario can kil you at like fifty percent with a grab in max aura + max rage. Nice.
Rage is janky.

Just because a concept is good doesn't mean its application into the game will. And that's a great example of this.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I found this image in Google....
It perfectly represents me IRL....
Lonely, in my room all day....:(
View attachment 139130
......chatting with all of you guys. :)

A Smash 4 mechanic where the more percent you have, the more knock back a move can do.
This video will help you out.
Nah I’m not watching it.

Chrono.

It's past 12am and Noctis isn't on PSN.

I gotta wait till 9am aren't I.
They should buff Rage and also Knockback and also everything else.
You mean you didn't find fun in exploring a giant platformer-like maze beating the **** out of Nintendo baddies with a mix of Capcom, Sega and Namco enemies?

I mean, it should've at least been a good stress reliever after doing some regular Smash.
The thing is, when Smash goes full platformer, it isn't as fun to me. On top of that, 3DS Smash wasn't as fun to me in general because of the controls (and me having the first 3DS which was small as heck.)

I rarely touched it after Wii U came out. I had /some/ fun with Smash Run, but not enough to come back to it constantly. Still prefer just regular Smash in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe if it had been on Wii U with some extra features, yeah. I would've paid more attention it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So S!Alfonse has bunny rabbits in the egg on his spoon.

His Damaged art is going to be sad to look at, isn't it?
So when will we get fanart of Bunny Hood Mewtwo with his spoon holding Buneary?

Cause that's literally the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Remember when I said I didn't post my drawings here because they were bad?

Well, take a look (Viewers Discretion is Advised lel)

Yeah, I drew Cloud but ended up drawing someone loosely based off Cloud lol. I got a ways to go as you can obviously tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom