• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think I give Geno benefit of the doubt of potentially happening because of the fact that he has been considered multiple times by Sakurai for the longest time. You'd think after the 3rd game(Brawl) that you'd stop considering a character who hasn't made a major appearance for 12 years, but Sakurai still considered him as he's reaching the 20 years mark(18 when Smash 4 came out, 19 around when the Geno costume came out, and just under the 20 mark) and even managed to get him as a costume.
I mean, it's one thing to consider a Retro character like Duck Hunt Dog, R.O.B., and Takamaru, who are constantly referenced and mentioned even years later. But it's impressive how Geno, a character who hasn't made a major appearance for 18-20 years and was only a cameo 13-15 years ago, has managed to stay in Sakurai's mind for so long. At least, I find that impressive.
---
Speaking of Mii costumes, do you think if Mii Fighters return, we might get the DLC Mii Costumes from the 3DS/Wii U version and maybe some more? I know it hasn't been confirmed if Mii Fighters are returning, but if the new game is using the same engine as Wii U, I don't see why not. But I am curious if the DLC Mii costumes will come with them or if we might get more.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The winner of the last poll was Prince Ephraim. As expected, Eirika was decently popular but failed to reach her brother's level of popularity. Though Seth and Innes were proven to be just as unpopular.

This next one is the last Sacred Stones poll, with half fan favorite units and half villains. Your choices are Valter, Lyon, Joshua, and Lute.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.
Dang, that's almost all of my favorite Sacred Stones characters in one poll.

Between the two, it's between either Joshua or Lyon for me. Joshua is my favorite Sacred Stones character, while Lyon is my favorite FE villain in the series.

I think I'll pick Lyon for this one just because of his moveset potential as a mage and the villain representation.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I think you have somewhat of a point, but are also reading too much into Sakurai's actions and words. The road ahead goes both ways in terms of reading Geno's fate, IMO.

I stand on the Geno has a 50/50 shot plate these days. He's better than he's ever been because of the way things went last time and the way Sakurai has worded himself.

It's just about the backstage politics of it all at this point.

And surely you can't believe that when Sakurai was faced with the option of adding either Cloud Strife or Geno. He'd pick Geno over Cloud. That's just silly, Burb.

Of course you add the most iconic face of JRPG's over the wooden puppet from that one Mario game who still has a lot of fan demand.

But now that Cloud is out of the way and all of Square's other properities seem...questionable. (Sora is iconic but tied up in Disney, Lara Croft is in a place where her image isn't her iconic one, etc).

Should Sakurai choose to go back into Square's pool Geno might be the option he chooses due to the demand.
I feel the 2nd option Sakurai would go to Square Enix for would be a Dragon Quest character, since that is Square's 2nd biggest franchise in Japan, and is actually starting to grow in the West.

Does Sakurai have to pay to used non nintendo characters? Or are laws like that different in Japan
Well, either way, Nintendo would still have to pay the fee outside Japan, even if the laws are different there, since Smash is released worldwide.

Also if Geno ever makes it into Smash, it'll be the base game, that's his only shot, otherwise he'd never make it in, since he's really not popular enough to justify spending out the fees that come with adding a 3rd party, nor got the recognisability that Waluigi or Daisy have with the casual fan base. So if Geno happens this time, its either base game, or never for him.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think people forget that Sakurai has entered an era where he might be willing to listen to fan demand more because of Bayonetta.

He also might look at Geno as a retro rep as well seeing as how he has to move on from the NES at some point.

It's not Nintendo's only retro system anymore.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I think people forget that Sakurai has entered an era where he might be willing to listen to fan demand more because of Bayonetta.

He also might look at Geno as a retro rep as well seeing as how he has to move on from the NES at some point. It's not Nintendo's only retro system anymore.
So your saying Ray 01 from Custom Robo has a chance this time? Since Custom Robo is a retro series now.

Heh, I wish. I cry every time.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
One more thing to note: Whatever Retro's new game is, if it's a franchise revival, that could make the main character more likely.

There used to be some small rumors that they were making StarTropics 3 (In which case take all of my money), and that could lead to Mike Jones getting in Smash 5 some time down the line.

(In which case take all of my money).

Chrono.

One more thing to note: Whatever Retro's new game is, if it's a franchise revival, that could make the main character more likely.

There used to be some small rumors that they were making StarTropics 3 (In which case take all of my money), and that could lead to Mike Jones getting in Smash 5 some time down the line.

Retro was just working on New Funky Mode all this time.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

And to think, all this time we just needed to blood sacrifice the Wii U.
Who would have thunk?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

He also might look at Geno as a retro rep as well seeing as how he has to move on from the NES at some point.

It's not Nintendo's only retro system anymore.
So what your saying is Layton has a chance

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I want Funky in Smash, but with his voice clips from MKWii; he always sounded like he was busting a nut very violently all the time.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I took a nap and I feel a little groggy.
Honestly, I have a list of characters who I want in Smash in Switch.
I want Funky in Smash, but with his voice clips from MKWii; he always sounded like he was busting a nut very violently all the time.
You made me want to listen to his voice clips all of a sudden. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Man, for a guy of funk, he made a lot of spunk.
Well no wonder he had a lot of cleaning assistance to clean his vehicle every day. :p

No, and I don't know what that means. ... directional influence?
SDI is basically another form of DI. It makes it much easier to hit multi-hits like jabs.
Here is a good video that explains DI and SDI:
Edit: I left it at the part where he talks about SDI solely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For years I thought the Spear was the best bike until I saw those bloody videos where literally everyone used Funky with the Bowser Bike.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
SDI is basically another form of DI. It makes it much easier to hit multi-hits like jabs.
Here is a good video that explains DI and SDI:
Edit: I left it at the part where he talks about SDI:
But we were talking Funky Bike Mario Kart Wii, not Smash. Although now that I think of it, Sub was probably joking.
Is this what being Shiny feels like?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I support this, if only to give Soccerguy a prompt to finally get rid of those stupid gorilla monster noises he uses for DK.

Or, worst case scenario, we get the hilarious contrast between D.K sounding like a demon gorilla monster and Funky being all "WHOAHAHAWOOO" during a fight. Either way it's a win enough for me. :dkmelee:

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Everybody is making numerous speculation threads, and I literally just want Spyro. That's it. That's all I ask for. Please, Sakurai.

:skull:

D

Deleted member

But we were talking Funky Bike Mario Kart Wii, not Smash. Although now that I think of it, Sub was probably joking.
I guess so.
Being Shiny feels like a person who is constantly under stress in every day for many different causes... :p
I really need a time to get away from thinking from my problems.... :(

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

That would be awesome.

If that were the case then Startropics would have the honor of being the series with the longest gap between games. Zoda's Revenge game out in 1994 and a hypothetical Startropics 3 would come out in 2019. Imagine that? A 25 year gap between games.
Retro was just working on New Funky Mode all this time.
The deepest lore right here.

And to think, all this time we just needed to blood sacrifice the Wii U.
Who would have thunk?
And we thought Nintendo wouldn't be able to top last year's lineup of games with Mario and Zelda being launched in the same year.

Although it does beg the question of how Nintendo intends to continue the Switch's success going forward. I think 2019 will be the year of Metroid and that's the series Nintendo will be hyping up the most. 2020 onwards I think we could see more older titles like F-Zero revived along with additional Mario and Zelda games.
I always found that really weird back in the days of MK6.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah no I'm ****ing with ya.
The joke comes from a meme regarding Bayo not being broke. And how you need to just SDI out of her combos (other being don't get hit).
(Now of course that doesn't change the fact she's basically diet Marvel vs Capcom but that's another story.)

D

Deleted member

Jesus Christ...

Remember all the times I said you weren't cringey?

I'm taking all of those back.
See, I knew it some of you guys found me cringey. I knew it.
If this is a joke on the other hand, I will smile.
Yeah no I'm ****ing with ya.
The joke comes from a meme regarding Bayo not being broke. And how you need to just SDI out of her combos (other being don't get hit).
(Now of course that doesn't change the fact she's basically diet Marvel vs Capcom but that's another story.)
You are a clever one.
(I'm still amazed Mario Kart had tiers.)
I have no idea why Mario Kart has a tier list either.
Apparently in Mario Kart 8, Wario and Dry Bowser are the best characters.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I guess so.
Being Shiny feels like a person who is constantly under stress in every day for many different causes... :p
I really need a time to get away from thinking from my problems.... :(
Eh, it only had to do with you not understanding jokes most of, if not all, the time. That's all.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can Nintenzone go one day without getting horny?

No. No it cannot.
:061:
Every other thread gets tense and stressful with all the speculation, so we come here to relieve the stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom