• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
'SCUSE ME.

DO YOU HAVE FIVE ****ING US DOLLARS?

DO YOU STILL NOT HAVE ****ING ONESHOT?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/420530/OneShot/

FIVE BUCKS YOU HEATHENS.

BUY IT.
avi_niko_full.png

THANK YOU.

Great timing. Now can someone explain to me how online mafia works?
I've got your back:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Game_of_Mafia

It's got a few other names - you might've seen it as Werewolf, for example. The game Town of Salem is basically Mafia but faster-paced. And of course there's a real-world version all this is based on.

Short version though, we generally have two teams - Town and Mafia. Each one's goal is to eliminate the other. Mafia knows who the Mafia is and can coordinate their efforts. There's a great deal more Town players, but Town doesn't know who anyone is, including other Townies, and has to deduce whose side everyone is on.

Around here, play occurs in 48-hour cycles - 24 hours for a Day phase and 24 hours for a Night phase, respectively.

During the Day phase, everyone talks in the main thread, generally trying to tease out information and make or refute accusations, and all players vote on who should die that day. At the end of the phase, the most voted player is killed.

During the Night phase, players can talk in PMs (with GM supervision) and make secret plans and strategies. The Mafia, who have their own chat, pick a player to die that night. Most players tend to have some kind of abilities or skills during the night phase as well, and depending on how they're used all kinds of things can happen.

Killed players get scooted off to their own graveyard PM to spectate, commentate, and sass. They typically can't influence the game from here, but there's been some unusual examples. And it doesn't always (or for that matter usually) stop ghost ****posting.

We continue these cycles until either all the Mafia are dead (Town wins), or the Mafia and the Town have an equal number of votes (Mafia wins).

Lot more where that came from but those are the basics.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Thank you.

That being said, the one post I did was all the wrong wording. What I wanted to say was, "I've only seen it played on VRChat, as that's where I was introduced to the game, so I don't know how it would work on a board." That's more accurate than what I typed before, but due to being in a rush to type something in time, the wrong words came into my head. I swear I need to slow down sometimes. :facepalm:
I originally only knew it from an SC2 mod, so I know where you're coming from here.

Forum Mafia is a lot slower-paced, and you get a lot more opportunity to examine people's words and actions.

We also can and do go bonkers with the roles.

Basics remain the same though.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Just found out that someone has this username.

View attachment 139072

I have no idea why, but it makes me laugh so hard :laugh:
Heh. I'm kind of embarrassed by it now. It was what I was using as a username back in high school, so I kept it for Smashboards. In retrospect, it' comes off the wrong way, especially when I was using it on a Mafia forum. So many of my "deductions" were flat out wrong. I've mostly moved past it nowadays. On most other forums, I've changed my name to Sart, a nickname I got from the Mafia forum. When Smash Switch got confirmed I came back for speculation, and didn't feel like making a new account. Do you know if there's any way to change your username? I feel like it would be less presumptuous, but I don't want to ruin any mentions made at me.

a smart guy a smart guy
If you're so smart, explain to me why the Earth is round if it's called a PLANEt
Because that's how God wanted to PLANET out.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Heh. I'm kind of embarrassed by it now. It was what I was using as a username back in high school, so I kept it for Smashboards. In retrospect, it' comes off the wrong way, especially when I was using it on a Mafia forum. So many of my "deductions" were flat out wrong. I've mostly moved past it nowadays. On most other forums, I've changed my name to Sart, a nickname I got from the Mafia forum. When Smash Switch got confirmed I came back for speculation, and didn't feel like making a new account. Do you know if there's any way to change your username? I feel like it would be less presumptuous, but I don't want to ruin any mentions made at me.
Get Premium. That's pretty much the one way.

Because that's how God wanted to PLANET out.
OH GOD THE PUNS :laugh:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Idk about y'all, but have this site ever had Survivor or Big Brother games around here? I've done a few on another website and they went pretty well (last year's game I managed to get to it well despite doing the whole game by myself minus 1-2 challenges)

This mafia looks interesting and I don't mind watching them, but curious how they work after all

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Idk about y'all, but have this site ever had Survivor or Big Brother games around here? I've done a few on another website and they went pretty well (last year's game I managed to get to it well despite doing the whole game by myself minus 1-2 challenges)

This mafia looks interesting and I don't mind watching them, but curious how they work after all
You can spectate my game if you want. It’d definitely help you understand it or whatever.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Ooh, Mafia talk!

It’s pretty cool, there’s hundreds of communities around the interwebs.

Who, if anyone, has been the Smashboards rep(s) in the Mafia Championship over on Mafia Universe?

D

Deleted member

What are Survivor and BB games? I only know Mafia and Assassin in the Palace(because the latter is conveniently in the MafiaScum wiki)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The wait for Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion is hard. Also, female Octoling is SOOOO dorbs! ^ω^

And we get to see a better look at the Octoling in octopus form:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
The wait for Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion is hard. Also, female Octoling is SOOOO dorbs! ^ω^

The more I think about it, Spatoon 2 should have been entirely about Octolings.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What are Survivor and BB games? I only know Mafia and Assassin in the Palace(because the latter is conveniently in the MafiaScum wiki)
Based on shows of the same names. Supposed to be a game where you work with people and try to eliminate them to be the Sole Survivor or winner

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I like the ‘stache on the octoling octopus form.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

That octostache though.

Worth buying just for that alone :p

Chrono.

I hope the Octokids get different hairstyles too.

Would suck if we gotta wait for those too.

Morbi

Scavenger
I hope the Octokids get different hairstyles too.

Would suck if we gotta wait for those too.
By hairstyles, I presume you mean tentaclestyles? Because unless Inklings/Octokids are packing some heat down-stairs, I do not see any hair. In all seriousness, because they have eyebrows... Yeah, they probably are.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
By hairstyles, I presume you mean tentaclestyles? Because unless Inklings/Octokids are packing some heat down-stairs, I do not see any hair. In all seriousness, because they have eyebrows... Yeah, they probably are.
"Hairstyles" is an officially used term in the games.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Fun Fact: (Octarian) Octolings were playable in Splatoon 1 and nearly finished via hacking:

I'm so glad we got the Agent 8 ones over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom