• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Isn't that already the case? :4cloud:
He's still a video game character, he's been on a Nintendo system, and even if he wasn't, he's iconic enough to bypass this rule, as I think Sakurai even mentioned about Cloud not really being a Nintendo-known character, but stated that even after considering Terra and Bartz, who are known to Nintendo gamers, Cloud is easily the most recognisable face of Final Fantasy and that if you stuck to recognisable characters on Nintendo systems only, it'd be rather boring.
Or at least, I thought there was an interview that Source Gaming translated that mentioned something like that.

Either way, Cloud does not automatically mean everything is out the window.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
In the end I still think Sakurai should just stick to video game characters.

We don't want it to become the Ready Player One of video games now do we? :smash:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
We are talking about villains now, eh?

What are some of ya'lls favorite villains in fiction?

Here are probably my 10 favorite villains of all time in no particular order.
- Albert Wesker
- Doctor Doom
- Magneto
- Sosuke Aizen
- Judge Claude Frollo
- Vergil
- Ridley
- Dark Phoenix
- Nemesis
- Gorilla Grodd

It's good to be bad...
I like this
  • Cersie Lannister (#1, rest non-particular order)
  • Voldermort
  • Joan Ferguson
  • Sauron
  • Saruman
  • Hades
  • Balder
  • Ramsay Bolton
  • Ganondorf
  • Cia
  • Grima
Swamp's villain mafia, take note of all this.
Some people think it's possible that one of them might be Sharena in a costume. For one, Sharena was suggested to wear one in the Easter Paralogue, much to her chagrin. And two, someone actually pointed this out.

While there's no guarantee it is, I actually like it when people point out details that actually make sense.
nooooooooo I'm spoiled :(
its 95% sharena.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, the Nindies Showcase is tomorrow and work will make me miss it. I expect some nice things but nothing from a Massive Hero Soccer Guy.

But we could get stuff *like* Smash in it:
  • Details on Rivals of Aether
  • Content for Brawlout
  • Whatever the heck Nicalis is teasing with Quote (in case you missed it)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ARMS Characters are strangely absent on that poll tho.
Probably because they aren't that popular. I mean, Arms is not popular as a whole now you want them to compete with Goku? It's a miracle Rex even showed up.
Well, the Nindies Showcase is tomorrow and work will make me miss it. I expect some nice things but nothing from a Massive Hero Soccer Guy.

But we could get stuff *like* Smash in it:
  • Details on Rivals of Aether
  • Content for Brawlout
  • Whatever the heck Nicalis is teasing with Quote (in case you missed it)
Iirc, there is a fighting game crossover between Nicalis games being made. Curly had been confirmed for it but not Quote, so it's likely related to that.
Can't recall the name though

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably because they aren't that popular. I mean, Arms is not popular as a whole now you want them to compete with Goku? It's a miracle Rex even showed up.

Iirc, there is a fighting game crossover between Nicalis games being made. Curly had been confirmed for it but not Quote, so it's likely related to that.
Can't recall the name though
I know this one! It’s MELEE HD!

Chrono.

Man when ARMS was first shown I remember many folks wanting Spring Man in.

But I guess his popularity did vanish.

D

Deleted member

Blade Strangers is the name, and it's apparently not just Nicalis stuff.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Yeah... Now, most of the people who want to see him are mostly people expecting him because new IP and that seems about it.

I'm one of those, actually. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think Spring Man is as likely as people suggest.
I think the roster was probably decided back in late 2016.

D

Deleted member

I know..
ARMS may of not done well compared to the other big megatons like BOTW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, but none-of-the-less it did pretty decent. I could see him still getting representation if Daddy Sakurai decides to update the roster.
This could be right, and it scares me. I just hope that Sakurai checked back and updated the roster during development.
Having Mythra and Pyra would be a dream come true... :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean, there could still have been insider info about ARMS at late 2016, to be fair.

But with how "popular" ARMS is, making him a DLC wouldn't be the best of ideas. It's not gonna generate as much attention as a returning cut, a Fire Emblem waifu or hype third-parties.

If he's not in the base roster, I doubt he'd be DLC. Could happen, but I don't see it selling well outside of the competitive people (and that's only because all setups need every character in tournaments).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably but Sakurai knows what’s on the horizon so he probably left slots up for things like how greninja was just Pokémon from X andY till he saw stuff from the games.

D

Deleted member

Probably but Sakurai knows what’s on the horizon so he probably left slots up for things like how greninja was just Pokémon from X andY till he saw stuff from the games.
I mean, there could still have been insider info about ARMS at late 2016, to be fair.
But then adding him would've been a gamble. It's much riskier to add a new IP before you know if it's a success or not.

This could be right, and it scares me. I just hope that Sakurai checked back and updated the roster during development.
I don't think that's how roster making works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It wouldn't surprise me if XC2 stuff is DLC, but ARMS stuff not being in the base game would be weird.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But then adding him would've been a gamble. It's much riskier to add a new IP before you know if it's a success or not.
That's very true, but it's not like Smash never took that risk before. :marthmelee::roymelee:

Yeah yeah, the IP already existed, but Melee was the first time anyone not in Japan saw the franchise.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sakurai better put Isaac and Bomberman in this Smash.
*cue neither of them getting in*

If a character -should- get in, there's a 99% chance they won't. Anyone who does get in is the Lucky #100 x whatever visitor to the signup station.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's very true, but it's not like Smash never took that risk before. :marthmelee::roymelee:
FE was a pretty darn old IP by Nintendo standards even then and the only reason they were in localized copies of Melee at all was because the playtesters insisted.

So no, not FE.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai better put Isaac and Bomberman in this Smash.
You're setting yourself up for diappointment. Especially on Isaac, he's as good as dead
And this is coming from someone whose most wanted character is Isaac

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It wouldn't be impossible.

It's just not very likely when it comes to Sakurai since he tends to stick to the original roster as much as he can.

With that said, there is a known exception outside of clones. :sonic:

FE was a pretty darn old IP by Nintendo standards even then and the only reason they were in localized copies of Melee at all was because the playtesters insisted.

So no, not FE.
I stealth edited it already existing lol

It was an old IP... in Japan.

Outside of it, there was never any game about it, so for us non-Japanee gamers, this was our first exposure at them.

And I'm willing to bet the playtesters insisted because they were fun to play, not because of the IP itself.

I could ever argue Ness being that for Europe, since they never got any EarthBound game until the Wii U Virtual Console release happened.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True.. true..
I hope Mythra and Pyra get in as DLC, UNCENSORED.
If the game is E10+, they probably are getting uncensored. Ah well. :p
Mario should get in Smash.
Sorry to break your dreams, but Mario is not getting in the next Smash game. That Mario silhouette was simply character who looks like Mario. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Someone in RTC is arguing that Krystal has a chance because Pit made it into Brawl despite being irrelevant
I want to die

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We can say ARMS' Popularity... didn't reach long enough.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I hope Mythra and Pyra get in as DLC, UNCENSORED.
I like how you seem to see censors as the worst thing ever to them when really, at worst, Sakurai would just do some slight changes to make them fit the age rating.

Like how female Corrin was given pants because a walking panty shot is definitely not fitting for an E10+ game.

And don't get me started about Bayonetta. She's supposed to be nearly naked when using her Wicked Weaves. NAKED!

And given Pyra's... questionable design choices, I can guanrantees you that if she shows up, these shorts are gonna cover more of that buttcrack.

Someone in RTC is arguing that Krystal has a chance because Pit made it into Brawl despite being irrelevant
I want to die
Tell them that Pit and Krystal are two completely different things.

Pit got in as one of the "retro" additions, like Duck Hunt or Ice Climbers.

Krystal is a character from a franchise Nintendo doesn't pay much attention to and when they do, it's for another reboot of its very first game.

Given the circumstances, Krystal's chances aren't that great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

****ing pervert
What can I say? I am sorry.
We can say ARMS' Popularity... didn't reach long enough.
I like how you seem to see censors as the worst thing ever to them when really, at worst, Sakurai would just do some slight changes to make them fit the age rating.

Like how female Corrin was given pants because a walking panty shot is definitely not fitting for an E10+ game.

And don't get me started about Bayonetta. She's supposed to be nearly naked when using her Wicked Weaves. NAKED!

And given Pyra's... questionable design choices, I can guanrantees you that if she shows up, these shorts are gonna cover more of that buttcrack.
I know. :(
At least she looks more civil and kid-friendly so Sakurai can not deal with family complaints. :p
You know, if the game was pushed for a T rating, than I can see Pyra and Mythra not being censored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom