• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's so weird going between GameFAQs, where people are calling for every FE character to be cut from Smash except Marth and Ike, and Nintenzone Social, where FE is constantly being talked about and there's polls being held about the characters.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

You know, with how we keep coming back to this series on an unhealthily frequent basis, I herby vote we change this place to "Fire Emblem Social Ft. NintenZone 6.0".
Implying this thread wasn't that in the first place lol.
He does it so he can get a good laugh at my suffering..... :p
And mine as well

My innocence man...:(

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's so weird going between GameFAQs, where people are calling for every FE character to be cut from Smash except Marth and Ike, and Nintenzone Social, where FE is constantly being talked about and there's polls being held about the characters.
I do think this site is generally more pro-FE than many other Smash places where as FAQ's is more anti-FE. Most other places are somewhere in between.

Then again FAQ's hates everything so my observation might be wrong lol.
Two kinds of people in this thread.

To the latter camp's chagrin, I'm in the former.
#TeamLatterCamp

Lol my bad the quoting is messed.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And then there's Fanfiction.net and AO3, where you'd be forgiven for thinking FE characters were all that existed half the time.

Hmm. . .

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Here is the anime character I am most attracted to by far:

Can you guys recommend an anime as well? It can be mature even.
I mean, that really depends on what you're looking for.

I guess if I had to pull an anime example out of nowhere among my favorites, "Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day" is great. It'll probably make you bawl like a baby (I did, and I'm 23), but in a good way. Not in a sad way, per se.

"Ancient Magus Bride" is a pretty new one that I've fallen for hard. Really touching series with a lot of whimsy to it.

"Pop Team Epic" is "Kek" incarnate.

I dunno, again, what are you looking for in an anime?

Last edited:

Chrono.

I do feel people sleep on Male Corrin too much. He's got a nice elegance to his design compared to Female Corrin. I dunno how to describe it. But his VA is great, probably one of my favorite voice actors in the series.

I still like Fem Corrin more though because she's cute and I'm male trash.

I also still don't like Fates as a whole but I can probably stop saying that at this point. But Corrin's aight.
I like Male Corrin's design more than most.

But I feel like he always ends up looking really off in everywhere that isn't his Fates official art.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And then there's Fanfiction.net and AO3, where you'd be forgiven for thinking FE characters were all that existed half the time.

Hmm. . .
Let's be fair. They're also fond of Pit and Link. :p

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I do think this site is generally more pro-FE than many other Smash places where as FAQ's is more anti-FE. Most other places are somewhere in between.

Then again FAQ's hates everything so my observation might be wrong lol.
No, you're right, and I'm very much aware that's the case.

I'm just making an observation, that it's a bit strange just how different two corners of the same fandom can be on this one subject. There's usually a general consensus on things (the same newcomer requests/predictions, for example).

Hmm. . .
Yowwie wowwie!

D

Deleted member

It's a good thing that some of the ones i'm going for are gameplay-related with only a couple of them I'm actually interested in. But that's mostly because I want to get a team that can simply help me get through things.
While I'm saving for Jeanne Alter right now, I do want to get Art-based Servants, like Li Shuwen, Caster Gilgamesh, Summer Arthuria, etc. Mostly because thanks to having Tamamo, I can actually do good Art teams that can last a long time and it helps me save my resources more easily.
Also, I want a Art Lancer, especially Shuwen, as a Lancer is the only Art teammate I need, as Cu Chulainn and Scathach are Quick-based and Karna, Brynhild and Elizabeth are Buster-based. Fionn is Art-based........but he sucks majorly gaemplay-wise despite being super strong in legend. So Li Shuwen, who is also 4* and an Art-Lancer is my next best option.
My opinion of games like these is to always focus on my personal favorites. Not just gacha but things like Pokemon or main-series FE games.
The problem with FGO to me is that, outside of, like, 5 Servants, everyone else I like is at least a 4*, with most being 5*. Doesn't help that the ones I want aren't just because they're from previous Fate works but also from stories I like irl, like the Count of Monte Cristo, Jeanne D'Arc and Every Arthurian Knight Ever. At least I get Bedivere for free when he comes out

I hope I can at least get Artoria before King Hassan comes out because I know he's limited and he's my second most wanted after her. Helps that he's actually good too.

Also, if I rolled for gameplay purposes, you'd see me using Jack because of my Cu and Kojiro but I refuse to use her because I really wanted the actual Jack the Ripper.
I'm fortunate enough in the sense that of my top sixteen favorites, I have all but one of the ones available in FEH. Basically my orbs are reserved for Silque/Sumia/Lena/ShadowDragon!Hardin being added, plus Celica.

Because goddammit Celica, come home already. I have literally everyone else from your route.
I think the only characters in FEH that I don't have that I want are Ninian and Innes.
I have a personal bias against jojo
Bad
I could go Fate/Stay Night, but want a mini break and watch something in between the Fate series that I got into thanks to your mafia.
I see my plan worked.
I still prefer Zero's Masters and story more than Stay Night but I have really grown to like the latter's Servants.
Namely, the REGEND and Best Doggo

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Let's be fair. They're also fond of Pit and Link. :p
And Hyrule/Altea/Ylisse/Hoshido/Nohr as settings for extremely melodramatic storylines.

But never, ever Angel Land.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
And Hyrule/Altea/Ylisse/Hoshido/Nohr as settings for extremely melodramatic storylines.

I remember Fanfiction.net having an option for Dark Pit under "Characters" in the Smash section before he was ever even an actual character in Uprising.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Pit confirmed for Smash Bros. OC. :p

I'm sitting on like five fics I've been writing in my free time in various states of completion and I haven't found time to finish them. I literally can't talk smack about FF and AO3 lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I'm just making an observation, that it's a bit strange just how different two corners of the same fandom can be on this one subject. There's usually a general consensus on things (the same newcomer requests/predictions, for example).
Well then again FE tends to bring out strong, emotional opinions out of every Smash Bros fan whether it's positive or negative. More so than any other series really. Maybe Mario but that's Nintendo's Mickey Mouse so most people aren't too bothered. I say that as someone who enjoys playing FE but isn't particularly fond with the amount of characters it got in Smash 4.
I remember Fanfiction.net having an option for Dark Pit under "Characters" in the Smash section before he was ever even an actual character in Uprising.
The idea of Fanfiction.net leaking Smash stuff is actually pretty hilarious lol.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

That tends to happen with games that have completely different worlds and characters in each installment (Or most installments, in FE's case). Especially since Fire Emblem sometimes has more than one character that can be considered the "main" character (Alm and Celica, Lyn Eliwood and Hector, arguably Robin and Chrom, etc). Everyone has a favorite, everyone has a least favorite, some games are more relevant than others, and the fanbase can be at ends a lot because of that. Especially with the "Classic vs Modern" split the fanbase decided to have for no real good reason.

Happens a lot with Final Fantasy and such as well. Heck, I've seen signs of it sprouting up with Xenoblade. It's just an inherent disconnect series like this will almost always have.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here is the list of anime I can watch.
There are some I can list as "should not watch" right off the bat though.
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
Pit confirmed for Smash Bros. OC. :p
Off-Topic, but I would have loved to see Hades in Palutena's Guidance. Hades is just a funny type of guy. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Chrono.

Here is the list of anime I can watch.
There are some I can list as "should not watch" right off the bat though.

Off-Topic, but I would have loved to see Hades in Palutena's Guidance. Hades is just a funny type of guy. :p
The Devil is a Part Timer is hilarious af.

It's also short so I'd say watch that.
> Third row. Fourth column.

As a non anime fan, that's just Pyra dressed as Mythra.
Same designer lol

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
What do you guys think Palutena's chances for coming back are? I've seen a lot of people in a lot of places say she is certainly returning but I feel like if customs are dropped then she could be to. Anyone else think the same way or am I crazy

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What do you guys think Palutena's chances for coming back are? I've seen a lot of people in a lot of places say she is certainly returning but I feel like if customs are dropped then she could be to. Anyone else think the same way or am I crazy
Def returning IMO. I don't see why she's gonna be cut.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
> Third row. Fourth column.

As a non anime fan, that's just Pyra dressed as Mythra.
That's Angela Scrotum; Saito kinda recycles many of his ideas and concepts lol.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think she's safe. Maybe her default specials will change if customs go, but I can't see her leaving.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't see Palutena getting cut regardless of whether or not Customs are coming back. Yeah, she'd lose basically the only thing that sets her apart from the others, but I just don't think Sakurai would be willing to get rid of her in spite of it.

I actually have a post detailing my opinion on what characters are likely to get cut. Check it out if you're interested: https://smashboards.com/threads/nin...-allies-edition.452577/page-419#post-21958780

That tends to happen with games that have completely different worlds and characters in each installment (Or most installments, in FE's case). Especially since Fire Emblem sometimes has more than one character that can be considered the "main" character (Alm and Celica, Lyn Eliwood and Hector, arguably Robin and Chrom, etc). Everyone has a favorite, everyone has a least favorite, some games are more relevant than others, and the fanbase can be at ends a lot because of that. Especially with the "Classic vs Modern" split the fanbase decided to have for no real good reason.

Happens a lot with Final Fantasy and such as well. Heck, I've seen signs of it sprouting up with Xenoblade. It's just an inherent disconnect series like this will almost always have.
It's got nothing to do with "different worlds with different casts".

They just don't like anything Fire Emblem.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Customs were kind of her central "gimmick", weren't they? Tend to forget that.

Still, I don't really see her going anywhere. Sakurai has at least earned KI having 2 reps, and Palutena fits that mold better than most of the other Uprising characters. They could always rework her a bit if customs are indeed removed.

Or she could stay the same as her default moveset, who knows. Not like customs not being legal stopped some people from playing her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
D

Deleted member

Watch One Punch Man. It’s on Netflix.
I already watched that, actually. I just hope Season 2 gets on Netflix quickly after Season 2 episodes are released.
Oh my god her last name is Scrotum.

No one deserves that.
I know, right? Who thought of the last name?
Excuse me?
Weird, right?

The Devil is a Part Timer is hilarious af.
Hmm... I will give it a try.
You are crazy. :p
I'd say Fate/Zero, but I bet some people would tell me "HE'S JUST A CHILD UNI" :p
Hmm... I will give it a try as well.
You see that? adventures of Sinbad and Magi, yeah, watch this, watch them, watch them. Watch Magi
Hmm.... I will give that a try too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't see Palutena getting cut regardless of whether or not Customs are coming back. Yeah, she'd lose basically the only thing that sets her apart from the others, but I just don't think Sakurai would be willing to get rid of her in spite of it.

I actually have a post detailing my opinion on what characters are likely to get cut. Check it out if you're interested: https://smashboards.com/threads/nin...-allies-edition.452577/page-419#post-21958780

It's got nothing to do with "different worlds with different casts".

They just don't like anything Fire Emblem.
I guess I misunderstood what you meant then? Because you were talking about people in the same fandom...

Oh, you meant Smash in regards to people's thoughts on FE, not FE fans picks FOR Smash... Never mind me then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Angela Scrotum tells me this is an ecchi anime with angels that takes on certain fetishes.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also, giving her impossible charisma when she's been isolated all her life just feels stupid... She never had many interactions and suddenly, she's everyone's favorite? Not asking for social awkwardness because that could hurt the plot's pacing and some dialogue, but don't make her a people magnet either lol
I feel the issue isn't that Corrin's charismatic. It's more that because she's simply the sibling to the Nohrian Siblings and the Hoshidan Siblings. I mean, to the retainers that aren't Felicia, Jakob, Flora and Gunter, they either don't really care about Corrin outside of supports, were asked to protect Corrin that's only explained in DLC, or want his guts when he's on the opposite side.
Silas is already explained as he was a childhood friend of Corrin's and Kaze feels guilty for letting Corrin get captured in the first place and feels the need to help him to redeem himself(and in Conquest, before Chapter 15, he was convinced of Corrin's determination to change Nohr from within and wanted to help him).

As for the siblings, to the Nohiran siblings, Corrin's been with them since childhood, and during Conquest, they are aware that Corrin isn't on good terms with what Garon's been doing and try to protect him or appeal to him to the best they can do. With the Hoshidan siblings(not including Takumi), they see him as their long lost sibling that has chosen to fight with them. Takumi is hesitant because of Saizo warning him about Corrin being with Hans(explained in a Drama CD) and because of the other siblings' giving attention and wanting to spend time with their long lost sibling.
Azura is mostly because she can relate to Corrin as both were captured from the opposite kingdom and lived their lives in the other kingdom, and the fact that she feels that Corrin is the answer to stopping the main villain.

But really, Corrin isn't that much of a people magnet as people put it, cause like I said, outside of Corrin's retainers, Silas, Kaze and the siblings, the retainers don't really care much for him. We just think he's a people magnet because of the fact of how much we see the ones who do care about him in the story, especially the siblings, more than we see the ones who don't really care.
It also doesn't help that depending on which side Corrin joins, the other siblings do a major heel-face turn to him. And it's not handled well. It's practically "Join me or I hate you." And it was even worse in Revelations where it's like they didn't even care how much Corrin's been through, about:
-how he got separated from his Nohrian family
-lost Gunter
-learned he was Hoshidan who was kidnapped
-lost his mother who died protecting him
-went through a breakdown that changed him into a dragon
-and now is possibly about to lose more of his family from either side

and both sets of siblings practically went all "All hope is lost" on him when he chooses not to join either side. So it doesn't even look like Corrin being charismatic. It's looks more like they listen to Corrin when plot calls for it, as when they aren't, they're practically in a state of "Blah blah blah, I'm not listening" until Corrin defeats them or whatnot. I'd argue that the way the siblings are handled in the story hurt the story more than Corrin does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom