• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Probably not a good idea.

If BotW burns you out, Skyrim's the same kind of game and thus, would likely bring the same results to you.
. . .Depending.

Skyrim has a bit more interesting of subplots and character attachment to it. On one hand it might be risky if he's really not feeling open world, but on the other hand I put more than twice the amount of time into Skyrim as BotW.

Either way BotW's still at least the game he put the MOST time into, LOL.

D

Deleted member

Coricus, you almost played Skyrim for 600 hours. That is dedication.
I need to look how much time I played Smash in Wii U.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
BOTW is not a problem, or Skyrim. The problem is that Smash for Wii U is too much fun, so I play mostly that.
Honestly, I need to try out more other games. :/
Yeah. Could really help you out to try various things. Maybe getting out of your comfort zone, which seems to be Smash, could lead you to finding some things you never knew you'd like?

Take me as an example, I has a bit of a dislike of shooter games because of how repetitive they could be (looking at you, Call of Duty), and it made me worry of Splatoon. Sure, it looked fun and creative, but I was constantly held back by the past, being all like "what if it's more of the same, but with tentacle people?"

Regretted not getting Splatoon 1 after watching Chugga's LP, so when 2 came out, I said "**** it" and bought it. It's now my second most played Switch game and not that far from first.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Coricus, you almost played Skyrim for 600 hours. That is dedication.
I need to look how much time I played Smash in Wii U.
Here's the fundamental difference between BotW and Skyrim.

BotW: I have to start over my save because the original one is gone, but ugggh I feel like I ate too much cake trying to go again from the beginning

Skyrim: I've completed a quarter of the quests in the game? Let me do it again on a half a dozen other characters, all while never actually progressing far into the main questline!

I know my Smash Wii U time is even bigger than my Skyrim time, but I don't think it counts because the vast majority of it was spent listening to the sound test or leaving the game on intending to do such.

D

Deleted member

How do you check how many hours you played Smash 4?
I think Smash for Switch will take me back to the Switch... :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here's the fundamental difference between BotW and Skyrim.

BotW: I have to start over my save because the original one is gone, but ugggh I feel like I ate too much cake trying to go again from the beginning

Skyrim: I've completed a quarter of the quests in the game? Let me do it again on a half a dozen other characters, all while never actually progressing far into the main questline!

I know my Smash Wii U time is even bigger than my Skyrim time, but I don't think it counts because the vast majority of it was spent listening to the sound test or leaving the game on intending to do such.
Thats probably how I got over 500 hours in Splatoon 2, turning it on then just standing in the plaza doing nothing

Chrono.

I just remembered something that pissed me off on DBS.

Jiren did the Dragon Ball equivelant of rage quitting and tried to murder Gohan, Piccolo, Tien, Roshi, Krillin, 18 and Vegeta. That was some bull ****.
It made sense though.

His entire philosophy was challenged. Vegeta even points out that Jiren must've felt like he was reliving his trauma a bit before that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think by the end I only had about.... a couple hundred hours over the four-five year period I owned it? Maybe more?
I had phases where I didn't play it for months because of either college or other interests.
I only now recently really got back into Smash for example.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone in the pokemon community keeps talking about this new Eeveelution that's supposedly coming out because of merchandising of the next pokemon movie

But, I mean. Couldn't it just be Zeraora? I don't think he's been officially revealed yet. We only know about him because of dataminers

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I own Smash 4 Wii U...but I don't think I ever actually played a significant amount of it. :nervous:
Same here. Bought it so I could Smash with my brother, but due to circumstances we barely played. Already unlocked everything in Smash 3DS, so wasn't in the mood to unlock everything again on Wii U.
And not a fan of some of the stuff in Wii U anyway. Smash Tour, its Classic Mode, 8 Player mode, the new stages... Special Orders and the selection of returning stages were nice, though.

D

Deleted member

Games and More>Vault>Records
OOOH I thought you had to go into the Wii U systems and stuff like that... thanks!
The Smash 4 menu is a bit weird but I have gotten used to it for a while actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fought a power outlet for 20 minutes and lost. Power outlet wasn't even working after all of it. . .

Anyway, waiting for my lasagna to cook, so I guess i'll give a write up on JoJo part 3 since I have nothing better to do.

• Prefered Part 2 Joseph to Jotaro
  • Joseph feels like a completey different character. His old personality shines through every once and a while, but age really got to him
  • Kakyoiin is my boy.
  • Polenareff grew on me
  • Avdol. . .exists
  • First like. . 10 episodes had really bad/weird women's reputation. It's like they couldn't spend 5 minutes without doing something at least vaguely sexist
  • It's always funny to me how they go from Part 1's generic vampire hunting to Stand insanity.
  • Villain of the week works pretty well with Jojo. Cool new powers, and lot's of different characters fight
  • Love that so many fights aren't just fights of brute strength. Fights like Ebony Devil and Lovers were great. Those 2 in particular were probably in my top 3.
  • First opening is better than the second
That is, until Dio ****s with the opening, which is great.
  • I have no idea what the point of Iggy was. Was he just comic relief? He doesnt do anything until Petshop, and then dies.
  • The back and forth of disappearances was funny. "Avdol is dead!--->he's back!--->Kakyoin is injured!--->Hes back!-->avdol is dead!-->Kakyoin is dead!
  • **** YOU DIO FOR KILLING MY BOY KAKYOIN
  • Judgement was the weirdest figth in the show. Like. . .Star Platinum just suddenly has Kirby level sucking powers. It's never explained and is never seen again
  • clearly the power outlet I mentioned at the beginning of this post was Bastet (that fight was great too)
  • D'arby the gambler was such a great episode. I want a gambling anime now
  • **** YOU DIO FOR KILLING KAKYOIN
Final Result: 2x dramatic posting/10
Will probably go for the manga for part 4 and beyond
:061:[

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
redfeatherraven redfeatherraven
You were the guy that got me into Minecraft again.... you have Realms? If so, chose a time tat we can interact with each-other.
'fraid not. Typically run single-player.

Occasionally run family servers, but run that off my IP address when I do. No offense meant, but can't hand that out.

If the situation changes I'll let you know, though.

Probably not a good idea.

If BotW burns you out, Skyrim's the same kind of game and thus, would likely bring the same results to you.
I'm with Cori on this one. Not exactly the same thing.

One of the big benefits Skyrim has is that it successfully throws you into the world naked but for some basic information within a scant few minutes of gameplay, allowing you to do as you like from then on. And it gives you a fair multitude of options regarding what you want to do with that freedom - and much more story and lore for the trouble.

BotW is, generally speaking, still pretty good about this and very freeform - but you do still have to complete the plateau before you can get anywhere, and Link's approaches to combat and problem solving are less about a multitude of options and more about using a handful of basic options in increasingly clever ways.

So people on Saltybet kept spamming "BECOME AS GODS" when the song Birth of a wish came on and I was like "wut"

Then I put "Become as gods" in youtube and I understood them 100%

Can we just... talk about how stupid this submenu's name is?

Games and More? Really?

What about every other mode outside of it? Are they not games?
No.

They're "More."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can we just... talk about how stupid this submenu's name is?

Games and More? Really?

What about every other mode outside of it? Are they not games?
"If they're not in the games and more section, then they aren't games"

Don't go into law.

D

Deleted member

I checked Smash in Wii U and it said I played "856:40" hours. Noice.

Occasionally run family servers, but run that off my IP address when I do. No offense meant, but can't hand that out.
Ah, okay. At least you answered.
I am thinking about playing Minecraft, but I want to save my gaming time for other Switch games.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I checked Smash in Wii U and it said I played "856:40". I can not tell if that is in hours or days... :p

Ah, okay. At least you answered.
I am thinking about playing Minecraft, but I want to save my gaming time for other Switch games.
Probably hours.

And DQB is an option. Minecraft-like, but different.

D

Deleted member

I really want to get into Mario Odyssey, BOTW and Splatoon 2, but I can not. I just get bored when playing them after a while..... what is wrong with me? :cry:
Probably hours.

And DQB is an option. Minecraft-like, but different.
Emmm.... okay....
Shiny confirmed to not know Rayman :troll:
I actually do know Rayman and I have played "Rayman Legends" before on my PS4 Pro.
Speaking of PS4 Pro, I have not played that in ages and I used my own money for that console.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

If the situation changes I'll let you know, though.

I'm with Cori on this one. Not exactly the same thing.

One of the big benefits Skyrim has is that it successfully throws you into the world naked but for some basic information within a scant few minutes of gameplay, allowing you to do as you like from then on. And it gives you a fair multitude of options regarding what you want to do with that freedom - and much more story and lore for the trouble.

BotW is, generally speaking, still pretty good about this and very freeform - but you do still have to complete the plateau before you can get anywhere, and Link's approaches to combat and problem solving are less about a multitude of options and more about using a handful of basic options in increasingly clever ways.

No.

They're "More."
I always find it hilarious when people act legitimately terrified of Boston Dynamics robots because "they're too advanced."

Like c'mon now just because it has locomotion skills mimicking animals and collision prevention software does NOT mean they're on the verge of becoming sapient. And even if they were, people say a half a dozen other things are going to kill us within the next two decades, so whoop-a-dee-doo. A robot apocalypse would be the best case scenario out of all the things people get paranoid about.

Also Boston Robotics stuff is just doofy looking and that's a big chunk of the reason why that video is as funny as it is.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh boy, I sure do love when you think you finished a level in FE Warriors but then it pulls out a surprise Velezark fight.

:glare:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I really want to get into Mario Odyssey, BOTW and Splatoon 2, but I can not. I just get bored when playing them after a while..... what is wrong with me? :cry:
Not every game is for everyone.

If you don't like platformers, open-world games or unorthodox shooter games, then I can't really help.

Emmm.... okay....
That means Dragon Quest Builders.

I used my own money for that console.
I don't wanna be that guy, but you said you don't have a job, right?

That means your only source of income is either stealing money or allowances from your parents.

You're too nice for the former, so that means, technically speaking, your parents paid for it. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Emmm.... okay....

I actually do know Rayman and I have played "Rayman Legends" before on my PS4 Pro.
Speaking of PS4 Pro, I have not played that in ages and I used my own money for that console.
Did you do single player first to get a grip on the controls and then do multi with Splatoon 2? I don't really find single player that fun, but it eases you into it well and makes getting into multi easier.

Fish wisdom is the extent of where I have any kind of advice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom