• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wouldn't wait for reviews at all.

Unless they all say they're an unplayable dumpster fire.
The character graphic looks great, but some parts of the background looks off. .. . Or just unpolished.

Not just this I also hope they can port that Seven Deadly Sins Knights of Britannia fighting game come to Switch as well.

To Bandai Namco ... They really should port those anime games to Nintendo Switch and they will get more sales than on PS4. Dragonball Xenoverse 2's Switch sales proves it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is amazing.
I realized many animes popular Japan cartoon character, video game IPs are having more odd collaboration with many unexpected brands.

Like I saw Google ad where Evagalion has collaboration with a shirt brand called GU . .

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Is it E3 yet?

.....No?

.............Wait, what do you mean the Smash 5 reveal was just little over a week ago?

god this is gonna be a long couple of months

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
– Why was Snake on the Halberd? Why was Marth defending an unnamed fortress? It didn't resemble Altea Castle or the Millennial Palace at all. Why was Lucas at the Ruined Zoo and why was it Ruined? Was it the result of someone abandoning their Zoo Tycoon save? Did the lions escape and kill everyone? There's some lore **** here, I tell you, and none of it got resolved.
– Where was Crazy Hand in all of this? Honestly that alone is a good start for a sequel.
– And even then, what is Subspace? Where did Tabuu come from? He was cool, but had nonexistent development.
– Were we just supposed to ignore that the one Mizzo was the last of its kind? Did it survive Subspace blowing up? Maybe it can be an attraction at the Ruined Zoo.

Just some ramblings and such.
Look man, I get you and all.
But trust me when I say, there's a reason I don't pay attention to fighting game plots.

People think Kingdom Hearts is bad? Try getting the Street Fighter guys to make an overarching lore.
Or whatever the hell BlazBlue is getting at now.

Morbi

Scavenger
Look man, I get you and all.
But trust me when I say, there's a reason I don't pay attention to fighting game plots.

People think Kingdom Hearts is bad? Try getting the Street Fighter guys to make an overarching lore.
Or whatever the hell BlazBlue is getting at now.
Mortal Kombat did a... Decent job in MK9, which was intended to clean up the first three games. So yeah. At least that one is serviceable.

Other than that, you cannot beat the plot of an anime fighter that is just recreating the series. I am looking at you, Dragon Ball Z.

D

Deleted member

Welp I think I'll mute the notifications I get when someone likes my post.
No wait, I always look forward to that... ****, what do I do?

Morbi

Scavenger
OH GOD, MORBI IS HERE! RIP MY ALERT BOX!

This is why they hire UDON to make comics about the SF series instead :troll:

And when they make a story for their game, it's either a basic premise, which works, or it's whatever SFV got.
I was summoned, you cannot blame me for that.

Welp I think I'll mute the notifications I get when someone likes my post.
No wait, I always look forward to that... ****, what do I do?
If you see the word "Morbi" just ignore it. Pretty simple.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey Morbi is back.

Hello Morbi. What brought you back to Smashboards?
It has been about a week; however, I am glad to be the first to reveal to you that... Nintendo announced Smash for Switch. Crazy, I know. But it is finally here and it is all I can think about.

I blame Shiny.

It's pretty hard when my notification box blows up and kind of eats up every other notification I get

lol how
I always wanted to be buried alive. You can start there and lure me out with Sweet Baby Ray's chicken wings.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It has been about a week; however, I am glad to be the first to reveal to you that... Nintendo announced Smash for Switch. Crazy, I know. But it is finally here and it is all I can think about.

I always wanted to be buried alive. You can start there and lure me out with Sweet Baby Ray's chicken wings.
I pushed it so far into the back of my mind that I guess I forgot. lol

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sakurai isn't a great storyteller if Subspace is any indication, he should just focus on making a fan-service filled Adventure Mode and focus on tweaking Smash gameplay balance for the entire roster instead wasting time creating a story IMO. This is coming from someone that watched several great anime with great stories over the past few years.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't see us having to wait till E3 to get some news on Smash. Maybe a few veterans or something will be revealed before then.

Now here's a question for you guys.

Of all the 3rd party DLC newcomers who didn't get assist trophies who would you make Cloud, Bayonetta, Ryu's assist trophies in Smash Switch?

Cloud? Tifa or Sephiroth. If other franchise heroes from Final Fantasy are eligible maybe Terra from Final Fantasy 6.

Bayonetta? Jeanne or Enzo.

Ryu? Chun Li.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai isn't a great storyteller if Subspace is any indication, he should just focus on making fan-service filled Adventure Mode and focus on tweaking Smash gameplay balance for the entire roster instead wasting time creating a story IMO.
I do not want a story, per se; however, I still want to see the characters interacting as well. I know that most people here probably hate Playstation Allstars, but I really appreciated the rival system. It would be interesting to see that in Smash.

I can't see us having to wait till E3 to get some news on Smash. Maybe a few veterans or something will be revealed before then.

Now here's a question for you guys.

Of all the 3rd party DLC newcomers who didn't get assist trophies who would you make Cloud, Bayonetta, Ryu's assist trophies in Smash Switch?

Cloud? Tifa or Sephiroth. If other franchise heroes from Final Fantasy are eligible maybe Terra from Final Fantasy 6.

Ryu? Chun Li.
Fat Chocobo for Final Fantasy.

For Bayonetta, ugh... I am going to sound racist, that black guy. He was my favorite but I cannot remember his name. I should just Google it to preserve my dignity, but I am too lazy.

For Street Fighter, it definitely has to be Dan.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai isn't a great storyteller if Subspace is any indication, he should just focus on making a fan-service filled Adventure Mode and focus on tweaking Smash gameplay balance for the entire roster instead wasting time creating a story IMO. This is coming from someone that watched several great anime with great stories over the past few years.
iirc the story wasn't Sakurai.
It was Kazushige Nojima. Also known as the guy who does the Final Fantasy plots.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Decided to write what I want to see as newcomers/returning cuts as my sig. I wonder how accurate I'll be :p

Ryu? Chun Li.
Final Fantasy: I want Black Mage. There's a lot of potential for screwing around with something like that.

Bayonetta: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Street Fighter: Dan Hibiki. Assist Trophies need their Goldeen equivalent and seeing him do the Legendary Taunt would be ****ing amazing. :laugh:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What FF stories was Nojima known for the most, out of curiousity?
Ripped from Wikipedia (the most trusted of sources):
Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, and the Kingdom Hearts series.

Explains a lot actually.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Black Mage is too good to not be playable in my opinion. Like he's future FF rep potential in my book. We need more magic users in the cast. Zelda and Robin aren't enough.

As far as Street Fighter's assist trophy goes. I do wonder if Ryu will remain the sole fighting game character to continue to make him special, thus why I go for Chun Li. Together with Sonya Blade, and Samus Aran she paved the way for Lara Croft and other female characters like her to be prominent in gaming.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ripped from Wikipedia (the most trusted of sources):
Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, and the Kingdom Hearts series.

Explains a lot actually.
Considering the can of worms that is the KH plot, I don't want him to make a story mode for Smash Switch now TBH.

D

Deleted member

Late AF, but Super Star Ultra was such a good game. Favorite Kirby game, and the only one I can really say I love.

WTF MY BOY NIDOKING IN A GRAND FINALS?

MY BOY'S ALL GROWN UP.
:034:
It would have been more hype for Nidoking if Jens Arne won, but either way. You would never see a Nidoking in grand finals with all of these OU Pokemon in place, so glad to see you hype over it. :034:
Subspace had its issues, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want another massive story mode like it. Honestly I still go back to Brawl on rare occasions just to play it.

– I thought some of the generic enemies had cool designs, like the Roturret and Poppants, but I'd have liked more Nintendo enemies beyond the Koopa Army and the R.O.B.s.
– I'd much prefer text boxes for dialogue than pantomime, if voice over is out of the question. It led to a lot of the plot not coming through clearly and being reliant on Word of God, such as the nature of King Dedede and Meta Knight's roles in the plot.
– I actually thought the environments were pretty nice, but more actual Nintendo locations would have been cool. If we got Dedede's Castle, we can have other locales too.
– One of the major issues I took was with the notable lack of heroic NPCs outside of Palutena's cameo. For people like Ike, Samus, and the Pokémon Trainer it's less of an issue, since they're usually traveling on their own anyway (hell, post-Radiant Dawn Ike basically packed up and left Tellius while Red stayed secluded up on Mount Silver after the Kanto games, and Samus is Samus). But for folks like Marth, Ness, Lucas, and ESPECIALLY Fox, who rely on a more ensemble cast as part of their character? Where's Caeda? Where are Peppy and Slippy? It's very noticeable. There's even a scene where the Great Fox shows up and we know Fox and Falco aren't piloting it. That means Slippy, Peppy, or R.O.B.64 had to be there anyway. Why not show them? The bosses themselves show that the world is populated by at least some NPCs.
– Speaking of bosses, Galleom was cool, but Duon sucked. Also why didn't Mr. Game and Watch get a name tag?
– Why was Snake on the Halberd? Why was Marth defending an unnamed fortress? It didn't resemble Altea Castle or the Millennial Palace at all. Why was Lucas at the Ruined Zoo and why was it Ruined? Was it the result of someone abandoning their Zoo Tycoon save? Did the lions escape and kill everyone? There's some lore **** here, I tell you, and none of it got resolved.
– Where was Crazy Hand in all of this? Honestly that alone is a good start for a sequel.
– And even then, what is Subspace? Where did Tabuu come from? He was cool, but had nonexistent development.
– Were we just supposed to ignore that the one Mizzo was the last of its kind? Did it survive Subspace blowing up? Maybe it can be an attraction at the Ruined Zoo.

Just some ramblings and such.
Wow, these points are actually true. I agree with all of these. Now you are making me want another Subspace Emissary sequel already than before.
This is mostly fanfiction, but I always liked to beleive it was the abandoned zoo from Mother 1
:061:
I would liked to believe that as well. :)

D

Deleted member

I went outside and had time to myself... I loved it. I want to go outside more often.
~Gets on ground~
I think Morbi is the user with the most "like status". Now the like memes are going to be named after Morbid.

Morbi

Scavenger
I went outside and had time to myself... I loved it. I want to go outside more often.
~Gets on ground~
I think Morbi is the user with the most "like status". Now the like memes are going to be named after Morbid.
I stayed inside and had time to myself... I loved it. I want to stay inside more often.

I'm getting 2015 flashbacks.

Hey, Morbi, remember the Smash 4 social when a handful of people did just like you and started liking everything? :laugh:

Or at least, that's how I remember it :lol:
I thought I was going to get a random infraction for that. Lmfao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom