• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Man he sounds like a catch.
Not really the best person in the wrestling journalist community. Is on the bad side on a majority of WWE superstars alone and has a huge bias for New Japan and soon AEW. That bias alone makes people not treat him seriously, yet we still get most of our rumors from him

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why don’t they fire his ***
Cause he works for his own group of people. Makes it hard for those who actually do wrestling things to actually deal with him (they’re only able to either ignore him, or tweet out of annoyance)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
On today's game of Guess The Waifu
20190309_180355.jpg

Nothing lewd as it is for a get well soon card.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Smash needs more random ass villains. Like Andross, Wart, Shake King, Frederik, Vaati, Skull Kid, Porky and Robotnik.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm probably gonna pass out for a bit but I put up a cabin in my save of Stardew Valley in case one of you guys wants to pop into it sometime, I'd try to find a good place to put more too if I'm somehow lucky enough that not just one but multiple people wanted to play. I already restored the Community Center, I basically just want peeps to be free to goof around more or less.
Quick PSA, boys and girls.

When you're up in the game night food rotation:

View attachment 197267

Deliver.

Breaded Eggs Cat is noble and terrible to behold.

I adore it.

Oof. Did not know that, sounds like a rough way to go.

Would a circular tank alleviate that any?

Speaking of squids, ran across this:

View attachment 197269

Woomy Cleric.

There's only a small subset of my social circle where Splatoon and D&D overlap so you were the first to jump to mind.

Goddamn fam.

Heart goes out. May he get a swift recovery and swift justice both.
Circular tanks apparently help, but in order for it to help enough for the squids to actually be OK they'd basically have to be professional ticket-and-tourist sized capital-A Aquarium size tanks.

Funny enough, Breaded Eggs Cat has a counterpart that looks kinda small and slinky:

And which one you get is determined by which parents are what species. Which confused the hell out of me for a bit until I realized that since male mammals have only one X chromosome while female mammals have two that whatever gene determines size in big kitties must be an X chromosome only thing and thus dominant in the mommy. And SURE ENOUGH, when I double checked what parent combo gave what it's the big tanky tigress that moms the Greater Bread Eggs Cat and the more slinky lioness that moms the Lesser Eggs Bread Cat.

. . .Also while getting this picture I stumbled across another one of a male tiger in the actual process of mating with a lioness. The lioness just looked DONE. Just the most utter "are you serious" face I've ever seen. Probably still a more graceful moment than the shell grinding Galapagos Turtles get into though. Got to see THAT one in person one time.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm probably gonna pass out for a bit but I put up a cabin in my save of Stardew Valley
Oooo!!! I have a question!!

OK so I think I got Stardew like Christmas 2017, but I haven't really played it because it seemed so HARD! LOL like I know it's not supposed to be but just the stamina made it hard to stay in the mine or whatever it was for long periods of time, and there was one girl who I wanted to marry my character off to but it was really lame having to use like online resources and flip back and forth between the game and the site. I thought if I was broke I could at least be happy but nope LOL

so it was almost like a loop of where I was too broke to get my first farm upgrade (I think it costs like 100,000 coins right? it's been so long) but I couldn't get rich because of the stamina, and I just kind of cried on the inside when I saw some of my crops died due to the new season.... so I put the game up

:joyful:

this was on the PC though but IDK do you think it's worth going back? Do you think it's worth giving it another go? I think I put 12 hours in it, my main complaint was how much I'd have to use google, because then it felt like I wasn't really playing the game you know? also the fact how I never found out how to gET NEW CLOTHES LOL

fishing was fun tho I think we can both agree on that :laugh: but I'm really considering getting it for the Switch since I do feel that part of the reason I dropped it was because it was on PC, I don't like gaming much on my laptop

KMDP

Smash Legend

OK so I think I got Stardew like Christmas 2017, but I haven't really played it because it seemed so HARD! LOL like I know it's not supposed to be but just the stamina made it hard to stay in the mine or whatever it was for long periods of time, and there was one girl who I wanted to marry my character off to but it was really lame having to use like online resources and flip back and forth between the game and the site. I thought if I was broke I could at least be happy but nope LOL

so it was almost like a loop of where I was too broke to get my first farm upgrade (I think it costs like 100,000 coins right? it's been so long) but I couldn't get rich because of the stamina, and I just kind of cried on the inside when I saw some of my crops died due to the new season.... so I put the game up

this was on the PC though but IDK do you think it's worth going back? Do you think it's worth giving it another go? I think I put 12 hours in it, my main complaint was how much I'd have to use google, because then it felt like I wasn't really playing the game you know? also the fact how I never found out how to gET NEW CLOTHES LOL

fishing was fun tho I think we can both agree on that :laugh: but I'm really considering getting it for the Switch since I do feel that part of the reason I dropped it was because it was on PC, I don't like gaming much on my laptop
Take it from a Harvest Moon vet; Harvest Moon (and Stardew Valley) is very much a game of patience.

You need to gradually build up to staying long periods in the mine, and buying the House Upgrade, and other high level stuff.

Higher leveled tools cost less stamina to use, meaning you can get more done. Starting with the first upgrade you can hold the tool button to increase the Tool's range, speeding things up even more.

If you want to get a lot of money fast you need to be an Antisocial A-Hole, unless you know what you're doing.

However, every Season in Stardew Valley has a Crop that makes more money than the others, like the Blueberry in the Summer (Blueberry Plants produce 3+ Blueberrries every 4 days and stick around until the end of the season, you can exploit this).

Try to get Kegs and Preserves Jars. Wine/Beer and Jelly/Pickles yield much more money than regular Crops, if you can get your hands on an Ancient Fruit or a Star Fruit, turning them into Wine makes them give you 1,600 G (Ancient Fruit) or 2,500 G (Star Fruit). But if you get those Crops, keep one of each until you get a Seed Maker, which allows you to reproduce them, letting you grow them infinitely.

When I stopped playing Stardew Valley last year (after playing for a few weeks/months), my farm had a Shed that was full of Kegs, Preserves Jars and other conversion items.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Sure, you could try it again. I can't be 100% on you getting back into it, but they actually fixed your latter issue by having a bit of an event that becomes available during the winter that when progressed through creates a random chance of getting small notes when you dig dirt, crack rocks, chop wood, etc. A lot of the notes tell you what the favorite things of characters are. The former issue is just more a thing of learning how to balance your day out, if you're low on energy you can still socialize with people and do a couple of other things.

And 100,000 coins is actually the FINAL house upgrade, the first one is only 10,000. Still kinda steep for someone only 12 hours into the game, but it runs on a curve once you start making enough money on crops I.E. during summer and fall when the better stuff is available it should be easy enough to get.

Hats you get from the Hat Mouse after unlocking achievements or in a couple of cases from holidays and shoes are gotten from adventuring far enough in the mines and either finding them in a chest or buying them from the Guild. The rest of your look is baked into your character on creation, but if you get super buddy-buddy with the Wizard that lives in the forest he'll let you go into his basement and use a magic device he's got in there to fiddle with it.

Overall if you like fishing then you're actually a decent way past getting over the initial big hump just from that. A lot of people actually hate it but fish are worth more than anything you can really get early on LOL. Thankfully I like it too so I can just walk home with an armful of sardines after a hard-fished day and pat myself on the back LOL.

Every hardcore Stardew Fan I've ever seen has basically said to just take it easy while playing the game and not worry too much about things, and hey that's solid enough advice. If you only made it 12 hours you probably never got any Stardrops either, you can start getting them in the fall (the fair has one in the shop and basically gives you infinite time to try to save up fair tokens for it, there's also a harder to find one but when I started typing up the process I realized it's pretty convoluted hahahah) and they'll increase your energy amount.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Take it from a Harvest Moon vet; Harvest Moon (and Stardew Valley) is very much a game of patience.

You need to gradually build up to staying long periods in the mine, and buying the House Upgrade, and other high level stuff.

Higher leveled tools cost less stamina to use, meaning you can get more done. Starting with the first upgrade you can hold the tool button to increase the Tool's range, speeding things up even more.

If you want to get a lot of money fast you need to be an Antisocial A-Hole, unless you know what you're doing.

However, every Season in Stardew Valley has a Crop that makes more money than the others, like the Blueberry in the Summer (Blueberry Plants produce 3+ Blueberrries every 4 days and stick around until the end of the season, you can exploit this).

Try to get Kegs and Preserves Jars. Wine/Beer and Jelly/Pickles yield much more money than regular Crops, if you can get your hands on an Ancient Fruit or a Star Fruit, turning them into Wine makes them give you 1,600 G (Ancient Fruit) or 2,500 G (Star Fruit). But if you get those Crops, keep one of each until you get a Seed Maker, which allows you to reproduce them, letting you grow them infinitely.

When I stopped playing Stardew Valley last year (after playing for a few weeks/months), my farm had a Shed that was full of Kegs, Preserves Jars and other conversion items.
And after all of this, work on getting that greenhouse up. You can grow any crop and any trees all year round. If you get enough iridium ore, you can craft and install 6 sprinklers that water everything. I usually grow strawberries and 2 of every fruit tree. It is a great source of revenue later in the game.

KMDP

Smash Legend
And after all of this, work on getting that greenhouse up. You can grow any crop and any trees all year round. If you get enough iridium ore, you can craft and install 6 sprinklers that water everything. I usually grow strawberries and 2 of every fruit tree. It is a great source of revenue later in the game.
A Greenhouse full of Strawberries, Ancient Fruits and Trees = Mega Bank.

I know Ancient Fruits grow in Spring, Summer and Autumn outside of the Greenhouse, but you need those sweet, sweet Winter Bucks.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

I know Ancient Fruits grow in Spring, Summer and Autumn outside of the Greenhouse, but you need those sweet, sweet Winter Bucks.
It becomes especially useful in that season yes. After I was able to have the greenhouse restored, I stopped farming outside altogether and just used greenhouse and focused on my animal stock/animal goods/artisanal animal products. I used my whole basement for wine aging.

This is putting me in the mood to play again.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm glad to know that's still a good route. I end-gamed a loooooong time ago before a bunch of things were added and I had too much money lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
It becomes especially useful in that season yes. After I was able to have the greenhouse restored, I stopped farming outside altogether and just used greenhouse and focused on my animal stock/animal goods/artisanal animal products. I used my whole basement for wine aging.

This is putting me in the mood to play again.
I never reached the point where I had a basement (the last thing I did was get the Slime "Coop"). I never even got a Cask.

I had a Grove of Trees next to my Greenhouse, both the Purchasable and Foraging kind (the Tree Saps are pretty useful). I also had a main field separate from the Greenhouse south of the House (because I like the Gardening part of the game too much to limit it to just the Greenhouse).

...Alcohol became my go-to present for most of the Citizens. Including Pam the Bus Driver. My Mum was watching me play as I gave the Bus Driver a pint of Beer as a gift immediately before asking to be taken to the Desert, her reaction was basically "Oh god what are you doing?"

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I never reached the point where I had a basement (the last thing I did was get the Slime "Coop"). I never even got a Cask.

I had a Grove of Trees next to my Greenhouse, both the Purchasable and Foraging kind (the Tree Saps are pretty useful). I also had a main field separate from the Greenhouse south of the House (because I like the Gardening part of the game too much to limit it to just the Greenhouse).

...Alcohol became my go-to present for most of the Citizens. Including Pam the Bus Driver. My Mum was watching me play as I gave the Bus Driver a pint of Beer as a gift immediately before asking to be taken to the Desert, her reaction was basically "Oh god what are you doing?"
"I'm enabling the alchoholic, mom. Don't judge me."

KMDP

Smash Legend
"I'm enabling the alchoholic, mom. Don't judge me."
I also gave Robin (the Carpenter) expensive wine every day while she was working on the Slime Hutch.

Because I'm actually a monster trying to get the whole town drunk, apparently.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
How do I go about selling expensive Pokemon cards?
Walk up to a child wearing a trenchcoat asking if they want to buy some Pokémon cards; and then wonder why you get dragged off by the police.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How do I go about selling expensive Pokemon cards?
iirc, some companies check the card condition, case it on plastic and give a rating for it; certain cards with ratings from 8/10 to 10/10 sell for hundreds of bucks.

I don't remember the company, but rating the card costs ofc. So a quick option could be eBay

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
iirc, some companies check the card condition, case it on plastic and give a rating for it; certain cards with ratings from 8/10 to 10/10 sell for hundreds of bucks.

I don't remember the company, but rating the card costs ofc. So a quick option could be eBay
Yeah, if you're looking for top-dollar, getting them graded is essential. Going to a local card or comic shop and asking the manager might yield some results, if google doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom