• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
hello everyone my goal for today is too finish world of light
Me too, but I want to finish VC4 lol.
Speaking of...

If you like FE and Xenoblade, Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a great game on NS, PS4, Xbox One and PC.
I played the NS version, differences between other versions, well, it's 30fps compare to other consoles that are 60fps (And up on PC depending on your specs)
And I gotta be honest here, I actually prefer 30fps way more than 60fps when it comes to playing Tactical JRPGs... to me it felt more epic whereas 60fps just felt weird to me.
Controls though, NS version has a bit of problem when it comes to aiming, trying to aim the right spot with Pro Controller is tough, not to mention using Joy Cons short Joy stick.

It's really like "What if FE was a WWII game with some Battlefield mixed into it"

It basically a Tactical JRPG with action shooting involved. Unlike FE, there are no "blocks" to determine your moving and attack range... it's AP that determines on how far you can go and your weapon to determine your attack power and range. And that's what's awesome/annoying about it's battle system.

When it works it works really well, when it doesn't... well...
This is sort of Valkyria Chronicles 4 in a nutshell... is yes I aware this also applies to games like XCOM and Fire Emblem... but this happens pretty often, especially when you are shooting right in front of some soldiers, despite it is one of the game's function to dodge (Like Fire Emblem), but more often than not I found Valkyria Chronicles more ridiculous lol.

And it's a JRPG that doesn't have a "bad character design lol", to be frank, the soldier's uniforms are well designed.

Story on the other hand, I gotta say, while there are some troupes and fanserivce moments, the story is pretty solid and gets better the more you played. Unfortunately, most disalogues are just in regular picture and VA... there are only a few important scenes that have a full fledged cutscenes.

Also, it's a bit ironic how this game does a better job at making TV mode and handheld mode look identical than XC2... really, I was impressed on how crisp the graphics is in handheld mode.

If anyone wants to try out this game, I highly recommend you go and give demo a try, you can play 3 chapters of the game, which is a lot since this is a demo with full function of the full game... so you can still play some skirmish too before finishing the demo.

So... what is the difference between VC4 and VC1? Well... not much but I can safely say VC4 IS VC1 but with IMPROVEMENTS. Tanks don't cost 2 CP, no more tread health bar, story missions can be replayed, Squad Stories, so while VC4 is more expensive than VC1 on eshop, For those VC1 fans, I can say VC4 won't disappoint at all.
Yeah...Fury now seems like he was being way too dramatic
Moreover...

Captain Marvel still did not explain how Nick Furry turned from a normal cat-loving agent, to a cold, cool and edgy agent...
The Google game controller looks really uncomfortable.
A lot say they have OUYA vibes when looking at the controller...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So... not sure if this was mentioned before, Devil May Cry V gets a patch that actually censors a scene... I think.
Many news outlets have yet to report this due to the fact that this is a later patch, but pretty sure this will be more known as time goes on.
I gotta say, Capcom or Sony are pretty "clever" this time when it comes to censoring stuff... not sure why you have to censor nudity when this game is rated M for Mature and the scene apparently doesn't effect the ESRB rating.

I have said this many times, I'm okay with censorship on sensitive stuff such as religion, swear, offended gesture and politics... but when it comes to nudity censorship in M rated game or even T rate games... why? Sure most of the time it doesn't effect the gameplay but when you have Sony that recently have been on holds a game (Senran Kagura) and even rare cases made some game unplayable... And now you even have some news outlets and Youtubers pointing out DD standards like nudity in Metro Exodus doesn't get censored (Yet), whereas DMC V did after release... which to me it has been a bit apparent since many games got censored by Sony last year were mostly just niche Japanese anime game which even I personally don't like.

And yes... I aware Nintenzone will have polarized opinions when it comes to this (or not). That being said, since I'm not a Devil May Cry fan, I'm curious to know what do DMC fans think of this. Also other users here too.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So... not sure if this was mentioned before, Devil May Cry V gets a patch that actually censors a scene... I think.
Many news outlets have yet to report this due to the fact that this is a later patch, but pretty sure this will be more known as time goes on.
I gotta say, Capcom or Sony are pretty "clever" this time when it comes to censoring stuff... not sure why you have to censor nudity when this game is rated M for Mature and the scene apparently doesn't effect the ESRB rating.

I have said this many times, I'm okay with censorship on sensitive stuff such as religion, swear, offended gesture and politics... but when it comes to nudity censorship in M rated game or even T rate games... why? Sure most of the time it doesn't effect the gameplay but when you have Sony that recently have been on holds a game (Senran Kagura) and even rare cases made some game unplayable... And now you even have some news outlets and Youtubers pointing out DD standards like nudity in Metro Exodus doesn't get censored (Yet), whereas DMC V did after release... which to me it has been a bit apparent since many games got censored by Sony last year were mostly just niche Japanese anime game which even I personally don't like.

And yes... I aware Nintenzone will have polarized opinions when it comes to this (or not). That being said, since I'm not a Devil May Cry fan, I'm curious to know what do DMC fans think of this. Also other users here too.
I don't think anyone here cares that much.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wrong! lol
It is Mech Fiora to be exact

Sorry, I'm a bit picky when it comes to Xenoblade lol. Ok, I am joking, just aware this is a bit of spoiler lol.
Just came back from Captain Marvel, kick *** movie
It was a pretty good movie. BUT I wouldn't call it kick**** movie, that goes to Alita: Battle Angel. And FYI, I've watch the two movies not too long ago... WITHIN ONE DAY. Whoo... now that's a record lol.

I haven't give my in brief review on Alita: Battle Angel so... here it is:
For a movie based on an anime/manga, I'd say this movie manage to nailed it when it comes to effects, plot however is a minor mixed bag. Especially when you have seen the manga and anime OVA. Nevertheless, the manga has a long time span which it is impossible to explain in a single movie.

I think they did a good job on fixed Dr.Ido's motive of becoming a Hunter Warrior (In movie he became Hunter Warrior to make money for his clinic, but in manga he only did for himself), on nitpick I have on Dr.Ido... is the actor himself, don't get me wrong though Christoph Walz did a good job on casting Dr.Ido, but... in manga he looks fairly young so it makes sense that he is capable of being a Hunter Warrior. The movie though, I have a hard time to understand how can Dr.Ido become one since he's old (I know that other Hunter Warriors need him to repair, but still...)

Keean Johnson as Hugo is okay, and his play in the movie is pretty good, nothing much to say here.

As for Alita, she is really what Ghost In The Shell should have did when it come to Major, played by Scarlett Johnansson, which they have consider remodeling her face to make her look Asian, but that's not what I meant. I think Ghost In The Shell could have made her face look more like an Android or more close to manga, I mean both are cyborgs all over so it makes sense somewhat.

As for plot, since it's base on the mange as I've said before, so many things were altered for the better or worse, the ending was disappointing, but this can be said the same to the manga's ending actually too lol.

I have made my in brief review on Captain Marvel... in short, for a super hero movie it's pretty good, but as a MCU movie it's somewhat mediocre to me. So yes, I personally think Captain Marvel is a bit overrated among many news outlet...

So... sorry, overall both Captain Marvel and Alita Battle Angel are both not my top favorite movies, but I have to say that Alita: Battle Angel wins me over more than Captain Marvel. I hope Alita: Battle Angel can get a sequel and Captain Marvel will really kick*** in Avengers: Endgame.
I don't think anyone here cares that much.
Edit: I don't you can say it for everyone if I have to be honest, but yeah, I can already see that outcome too lol.
And neither do I tbh... but be real here, how Sony censor game is getting more and more attention and problematic recently.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's very telling that you outright admit you care more about Trish's fully naked body than the actual game by admitting you aren't a DMC fan. Nobody cares because Lady and Trish are gay and Dante respects lesbians more than he respects himself

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
These analogies are getting pretty darn specific.
Pretty much
Christian is Hawaiian Punch, then.
Indeed
coffee is as effective and addictive as printer ink

it falsifies its presence and is a dependent item among businesses
Preach
whats up gamers. mar10 is the 69th day of the year and that means that mario ****s.
Mario ****ed every girl except Peach
Moreover...

Captain Marvel still did not explain how Nick Furry turned from a normal cat-loving agent, to a cold, cool and edgy agent...
I guess the entire movie was meant to be the reason why he slowly became more serious as the years went by (though with jokes thrown here and there...also to make it weird...during the midcredits Carol was looking at Widow like a prisoner hunting for booty (that was oddly funny to me)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It was a pretty good movie. BUT I wouldn't call it kick**** movie, that goes to Alita: Battle Angel. And FYI, I've watch the two movies not too long ago... WITHIN ONE DAY. Whoo... now that's a record lol.
Why do people insist on comparing both of those movies to one another? I know it's because both have female protagonists but why else?

Not to mention those GIFs of Alita some people post under Captain Marvel articles on Facebook

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched the latest DuckTales. Just amazing! Still easily stands as one of my most favorite shows.
Mad MAD props for using Capcom's Moon theme
But until May for the next episode?

BOOOOOOO!

D

Deleted member

Ya'll only now getting DSTs? Ours ended some weeks ago and I have to say: good riddance.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Apparently they're considering abandoning changing the clocks (or "daylight savings time" in Freedomland-speak) over here entirely after the next one. I don't disagree with the idea, but I'm less enthusiastic about their solution of changing the timezone here to UTC+1 permanently, for various reasons.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Changing the clocks means you won't wake up to eternal darkness on certain months of the year. Which is my preference, but regardless. It has its uses.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Changing the clocks means you won't wake up to eternal darkness on certain months of the year. Which is my preference, but regardless. It has its uses.
What uses does it have for you?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Huh. So apparently the M30 can change its dpad mode by holding button combinations.

...why the heck didn't they put that in the manual?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i kind of want the next animal crossing to put me back in resident role by default

maybe only make me mayor if i choose to run an election or something

i like responsibilities, but that's too many responsibilities if you ask me

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why do people insist on comparing both of those movies to one another? I know it's because both have female protagonists but why else?

Not to mention those GIFs of Alita some people post under Captain Marvel articles on Facebook
It's a forced rivalry because Alita, a movie with heavy political themes, doesn't have political themes like Captain Marvel apparently

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
now if i wanted to go down on something itd probably be a 2008 danimals crush
Even when I was a kid I thought those were the dumbest things.

The gimmick is that you crush the cup...? Like, you can do that with a regular ass yogurt cup. Or, you know, eat it with a spoon like a normal person.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
people really out here thinking alita battle angel wasnt a manga decades before the movie smh

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So anime spoilers I guess, but Ash caught a Meltan apparently.

Crackpot theory time. This is evidence that the armor evolution thing is real. I can't see any other reason for Ash to have gotten a Mythical, which is pretty unprecedented, if it weren't for the fact that the leak said Meltan ties into armor evolution and there's no way Ash would miss out on that marketing goodness.

Chrono.

In cinemas because otherwise there'd be no fake rivalry. Might watch it next week actually, been pretty stressed today because my mother needs a risky surgery
Its supposedly really good. Makes me wish Alita didn't have the bug eyes because wow did that make for a bad first impression.

Also best of luck to your mom.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So anime spoilers I guess, but Ash caught a Meltan apparently.

Crackpot theory time. This is evidence that the armor evolution thing is real. I can't see any other reason for Ash to have gotten a Mythical, which is pretty unprecedented, if it weren't for the fact that the leak said Meltan ties into armor evolution and there's no way Ash would miss out on that marketing goodness.
The Riddler leaker is appantly back and is leaking the entire new dex roster and said some stuff which matches up with the armour evolution dude

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Riddler leaker is appantly back and is leaking the entire new dex roster and said some stuff which matches up with the armour evolution dude
Oooooh I didn't know this. Have any details?

D

Deleted member

My mains in Future Fight keep getting better each day.
4CB01B10-2532-4CFF-9F7B-9584B67816C7.jpeg

I am currently saving gems to unlock Susan Storm (I need 6.600 gems in total and I have 3.194 at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom