• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Actually, speaking of FE7, I was listening to voice lines from Heroes.
Serra... doesn't have the voice I was expecting. I was expecting her to sound like a Valley Girl, or at least like Charlotte or Mae or something, but no.

I mean the voice they gave her makes sense, she's trying to sound like a "Proper Lady".

Japanese Serra, on the other hand, sounds exactly like I expected her to.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm still waiting for Lyn to be with her awaited Tactician one day...whether or not it's the Male or Female one you have to find out yourselves.

Although reminder that Azura, a main character, almost was bisexual and able to marry both Corrins at one point according to datamining. Female Mark and Lyn may not be so impossible.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Déjà vu, we had this discussion a year ago
Higher on the ships, Lyn doesn't know where she has to go
Her fate and the others it's a mystery
Standing on my feet, it's so hard to ship Mark X Lyn
Uooooooo

****posting aside, I do remember having this discussion on this site about a year ago. And I reaffirm what I said then, I'm a Mark X Lyn type of guy. And they should remake FE6-FE7 on one single cartridge having pair ups carry to the FE6 cast, having two generations. That's all, have a nice day everyone.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Uooooooo

****posting aside, I do remember having this discussion on this site about a year ago. And I reaffirm what I said then, I'm a Mark X Lyn type of guy. And they should remake FE6-FE7 on one single cartridge having pair ups carry to the FE6 cast, having two generations. That's all, have a nice day everyone.
Mark x Lyn is my favorite ship on the basis that fanart makes them look extremely adorable together.

Lyn carrying Mark.jpg

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Indeed.
Then you also have the badass artwork of them as well.
Edit: You know, for how much Lyn gets made fun of with "The Enemy!", it's actually hilarious to note that Hector is the one who says it to her in her Support.
Hector: Hmph... I’m not this way to just anyone, you know...
Lyn: What?
Hector: A-Ah! The enemy! Let’s go, Lyn! Don’t lag behind!
Lyn: What! W-Wait up!

So......Patrick Seitz "The Enemy!" when?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So Ninty's YouTube dropped this a bit over seven hours ago.

And I saw not one Coricus Coricus tag.

I know we're all kinda collectively sleeping on Switch Online but what the hell fam, get on the ball.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was looking at the CYL3 results for Heroes and decided to tally up the characters in the Top 100 who:

A) Are already playable in Heroes that
B) Don't have any alts right now

I also only included units released before voting started, so Tibarn, Panne, Idunn, and the Fates beasts were excluded. I also excluded Alm because he'll be getting his first alt due to winning CYL3.

The list of characters, divided by game, is this:
Anna

Wrys
Minerva

Delthea
Berkut

Sigurd
Seliph
Ishtar
Ayra

Leif

Lyon

Nephenee
Black Knight/Zelgius (depending on how you view these as alts or not)

Cherche
Severa/Selena
Grima
Morgan
Owain/Odin
Lon'qu

Felicia
Soleil

Loki
Surtr
Eir

Some interesting take-aways include the lack of Elibe characters in the Top 100 that don't have alts, and the fact that despite Awakening having lots of alts, there are many Awakening characters in the Top 100 who have none.

Also really surprised that Felicia hasn't gotten an alt considering she's popular and from Fates, two things that usually guarantee alts when put together. Jugdral is also altless entirely.

Seriously though, why have we gone through two New Years banners without getting a Minerva alt though?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
tbf with Female Inklings, they are way more pimped out than the males (the Woomy Clan don’t put them to shame tho, unlike the Octolings, where the females are definitely better than the males)
Exactly, if I remember correctly, they design female Inklings first and then the male Inklings are just base on female Inklings but with some changes on the hair and the eyes.

Back the Pokemon Sword and Shield though, if it wasn't the memes of portraying the female trainer with a Scottish accent, I still think her designs look a bit bland.

Movies: Today I watch both Captain Marvel and Alita: Battle Angel

And let me tell ya... both movies were meh... but I personally like Alita: Battle Angel even more.

Captain Marvel in my opinion feels like the first Thor movie, where most of the movie takes place in Earth, it was later part where we see her in space, sort of.
How Nick Furry messes up his left eye... I'll leave that as a secret besides that it's a bit ridiculous.

Alita: Battle Angel, it's... really was it was suppose to be, a re adaptation of the Manga, and they did it well. And I can tell there will be a sequel of this movie...
There as a movie trailer of an anime CGI movie before the movie starts (Which is a very good marketing move since those who watch Alita: Battle Angel are mostly anime fans), urgh, I used to have no opinion with CGI anime but this one's anime style doesn't fit with CGI. I could tell you guys the title of the anime movie but it's a bit long.

I also double dip on Valkyria Chronicles 4 but I bought the Memoirs From Battle Edition since it's well... on sale.
I might try to sell my standard copy of Valkyria Chronicles 4 once I got it, and so is the DLC code inside it, since well... I already bought the DLCs.

Edit:
Now I'm pretty glad that I didn't buy this on my 3DS. Because Alliance Alive is coming to Nintendo Switch as Alliance Alive HD Remaster, now if SE can port Bravely Default and Bravely Second that would be awesome.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Today I learned that balancing JRPGs is very difficult. ...Well, actually I knew that already but whatever.

I was messing around in RPG Maker MV, and I decided to reduce the character stat numbers to "Fire Emblemian Proportions" (basically, stats in the single digits).

I made a Bat enemy with... comparable stats and entered into a few test battles.

I'd say "I wonder if people would play a game where even the weakest enemies are super scary", but I know there are people who would.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Today I learned that balancing JRPGs is very difficult. ...Well, actually I knew that already but whatever.

I was messing around in RPG Maker MV, and I decided to reduce the character stat numbers to "Fire Emblemian Proportions" (basically, stats in the single digits).

I made a Bat enemy with... comparable stats and entered into a few test battles.

I'd say "I wonder if people would play a game where even the weakest enemies are super scary", but I know there are people who would.
I mean, if you spun it so that way the core mechanic of the game is losing (in a sense), I would play it.
Actually gives me some good ideas.

D

Deleted member

648B8671-B0BC-4EA7-8113-87B81147DE4B.jpeg

Since I’m the only one here, I will claim this thread as my property so the Skrull Empire can finally have a place to live on.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
and thats how hector gets in smash

payback, *****

AXE TIME
The Ultimate Plan
Daily reminder that if Lyn x Hector is canon, Lyn never returns home to the plains and dies in a medieval castle giving birth to Lilina.
View attachment 196382
****...gotta make Lyn make romance either with Mark, herself, or nobody
Uooooooo

Thought I was the only one with that idea for remakes...here at the least...looks like you’re ****ing educated as well

I know we're all kinda collectively sleeping on Switch Online but what the hell fam, get on the ball.
Kid Icarus is the only reason why the Switch Online is worth the money spent...Uprising HD and sequels now Nintendo (and put Pit in Persona 5 Switch while y’all at it)
Exactly, if I remember correctly, they design female Inklings first and then the male Inklings are just base on female Inklings but with some changes on the hair and the eyes.

Back the Pokemon Sword and Shield though, if it wasn't the memes of portraying the female trainer with a Scottish accent, I still think her designs look a bit bland.

Movies: Today I watch both Captain Marvel and Alita: Battle Angel

And let me tell ya... both movies were meh... but I personally like Alita: Battle Angel even more.

Captain Marvel in my opinion feels like the first Thor movie, where most of the movie takes place in Earth, it was later part where we see her in space, sort of.
How Nick Furry messes up his left eye... I'll leave that as a secret besides that it's a bit ridiculous.

Alita: Battle Angel, it's... really was it was suppose to be, a re adaptation of the Manga, and they did it well. And I can tell there will be a sequel of this movie...
There as a movie trailer of an anime CGI movie before the movie starts (Which is a very good marketing move since those who watch Alita: Battle Angel are mostly anime fans), urgh, I used to have no opinion with CGI anime but this one's anime style doesn't fit with CGI. I could tell you guys the title of the anime movie but it's a bit long.

I also double dip on Valkyria Chronicles 4 but I bought the Memoirs From Battle Edition since it's well... on sale.
I might try to sell my standard copy of Valkyria Chronicles 4 once I got it, and so is the DLC code inside it, since well... I already bought the DLCs.

Edit:
Now I'm pretty glad that I didn't buy this on my 3DS. Because Alliance Alive is coming to Nintendo Switch as Alliance Alive HD Remaster, now if SE can port Bravely Default and Bravely Second that would be awesome.
Captain Marvel already came out for you? Damn you lucky (that’s my 3rd/4th most anticipated movie of the year, behind Endgame and FFH of course), and that Inkling info is really cool. No wonder why picking the female is always the right choice

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo is hosting a Tetris 99 tournament. 999 winners will receive 999 My Nintendo Gold Coins.
I highly bet it won't be me but I'm still giving it a shot.

D

Deleted member

.Captain Marvel in my opinion feels like the first Thor movie, where most of the movie takes place in Earth, it was later part where we see her in space, sort of.
Thoughts on the Skrulls?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, if you spun it so that way the core mechanic of the game is losing (in a sense), I would play it.
Actually gives me some good ideas.
One thing I forgot to mention is that: the way I had it set-up, at one point the Bat Enemies could one-shot the Cleric character (at Level 1) if they used their strongest attack, because her HP and Defense is trash

Obviously that isn't fun, so I weakened the Bat Enemy and gave the Cleric an extra point of Defense. Such stats are fine in Fire Emblem (what the stats are based on) because you can generally keep the squishy characters out of harm's way, in a proper JRPG, such low stats are incredibly debilitating.

The way I currently have these character's stats arranged, even at Level 99 the main character only barely gets to about 60 Attack; for example.

At this point I'm just messing around, though having such low numbers makes every attack seem dangerous, and makes them seem like they matter. I remember ProJared mentioned such a thing in his Final Fantasy I Let's Play, at a certain point high numbers (which later Final Fantasy games use in abundance) lose a lot of their meaning. Having 6 damage taken from a 30 HP character has a lot more weight to it than having 600 Damage taken from a 3000 HP character, even though they are the same ratio.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
One thing I forgot to mention is that: the way I had it set-up, at one point the Bat Enemies could one-shot the Cleric character (at Level 1) if they used their strongest attack, because her HP and Defense is trash

Obviously that isn't fun, so I weakened the Bat Enemy and gave the Cleric an extra point of Defense. Such stats are fine in Fire Emblem (what the stats are based on) because you can generally keep the squishy characters out of harm's way, in a proper JRPG, such low stats are incredibly debilitating.

The way I currently have these character's stats arranged, even at Level 99 the main character only barely gets to about 60 Attack; for example.

At this point I'm just messing around, though having such low numbers makes every attack seem dangerous, and makes them seem like they matter. I remember ProJared mentioned such a thing in his Final Fantasy I Let's Play, at a certain point high numbers (which later Final Fantasy games use in abundance) lose a lot of their meaning. Having 6 damage taken from a 30 HP character has a lot more weight to it than having 600 Damage taken from a 3000 HP character, even though they are the same ratio.
Pretty much. As much as I like seeing huge numbers fly around on the screen, it has way more "oomph" behind it if it was built up to that point and not just the developers tacking on 0's to the end of the actual value to add cheap thrill.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nintendo is hosting a Tetris 99 tournament. 999 winners will receive 999 My Nintendo Gold Coins.
I highly bet it won't be me but I'm still giving it a shot.
I just downloaded this game lol I guess I'll try too.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Captain Marvel already came out for you? Damn you lucky (that’s my 3rd/4th most anticipated movie of the year, behind Endgame and FFH of course), and that Inkling info is really cool. No wonder why picking the female is always the right choice
Yeah, due to MCU movies being super popular in my country. MCU movies are earlier than US in my country.
And about Inkling Tbh I'm not that sure though. But what's true is that female Inklusive NG are indeed more popular.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guys, I woke up feelin' the big sad, what do? :V

KMDP

Smash Legend
Guys, I woke up feelin' the big sad, what do? :V
Hmm...

Do you know what's making you feel sad? Or is it just a general feeling of melancholy?

Because doing something that relaxes you might help (take a bath, sit in the sun, take a walk, etc etc).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, due to MCU movies being super popular in my country. MCU movies are earlier than US in my country.
And about Inkling Tbh I'm not that sure though. But what's true is that female Inklusive NG are indeed more popular.
Did you like the Skrulls?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seems like Taiwan might love the MCU more than the US (or atleast barely behind)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

People who haven't played Startropics should do so now that it's on NSO. Such an underrated series that got cut off way too early.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
People who haven't played Startropics should do so now that it's on NSO. Such an underrated series that got cut off way too early.
I would love a Star Tropics 3.

Any Star Tropics in Smash would be amazing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I would love a Star Tropics 3.

Any Star Tropics in Smash would be amazing.
Yeah Startropics 3 would be great in today's age since Zelda isn't linear anymore. ST has that niche it can fill not to mention it's more action-focused than puzzle solving.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

The problem with small numbers is that you can’t have small differences between them, especially if you're restricting yourself to integers, simple fractions, or finite decimal digits — there are more values you can cram between, say, 400 and 600 than between 4 and 6.

D

Deleted member

Ivander Ivander Erureido Erureido
Extella Link is coming to the Switch on the 19th!
I'm still not sure whether to pick it up or not. Extella was fun but it lacked replayability and had a very boring story mode due to being locked to specific Servants, multiplayer and more characters don't fix my main issues with the first game.
If I hear it expands on singleplayer content though, I might pick this up later if I find a physical copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom