• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well I feel like any second now antagonist praline is gonna take over so I’m gonna leave for the night so I don’t become a complete jerk to anyone.
Hey, you weren't being a jerk. I can fully understand how annoying it is for one word to be censored, even if it doesn't feel needed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I already miss R-Truth as the Champion of the United States...but **** yeah to Samoa Joe as champ

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's not entirely a matter of swearing. Some things are censored due to their usage on the site in general. *** can also refer to the buttocks, but it often has inappropriate uses as well. It's fairly common for it be censored.

For the record, I don't honestly think it should be. But as of now, it's a normally censored word. It doesn't get censored when combined with certain words, but if you add a hyphen to a word, and then say ***, it'll always be censored. I'm sure it was simply a misunderstanding of the censoring rules here.
are we deadass talking about ass

because i dont know whats going on

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The No Pants bit was more of a stab at the amount of artwork that focus on her at an "angled" view". Although I wouldn't be surprised if there were other reasons why female Byleth has a more different design compared to male Byleth compared to their predecessors.
That's what fanart often does lol. And obviously that doesn't just limit to female Corrin, since welp... Many female characters get the artworks with some weird views. It is what it is to me.

As for Byleth on the other hand hey I actually do agree they tried a bit to hard to make her more appealing. I mean her default look is okay, so does her design nevertheless.
But still, female Corrin's popularity does mostly come from, "Because it's the female version", cause her popularity sure doesn't come from her own game.
And again, that also applies to other Nintendo female rep like Inkling and Pokémon female protagonists. Mostly because their designs look great or yeah, thanks to Internet memes and fanarts as well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can't believe I missed a talk about butt :'V
You’ll be there next time
That's what fanart often does lol. And obviously that doesn't just limit to female Corrin, since welp... Many female characters get the artworks with some weird views. It is what it is to me.

As for Byleth on the other hand hey I actually do agree they tried a bit to hard to make her more appealing. I mean her default look is okay, so does her design nevertheless.

And again, that also applies to other Nintendo female rep like Inkling and Pokémon female protagonists. Mostly because their designs look great or yeah, thanks to Internet memes and fanarts as well.
tbf with Female Inklings, they are way more pimped out than the males (the Woomy Clan don’t put them to shame tho, unlike the Octolings, where the females are definitely better than the males)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Guess we're starting to get some news on that new Digimon.
Can't say I even care about this anymore. It's neat that Nakatsuru is back for those who were still bothered by tri's art direction.

But that's just it, I wasn't bothered by tri's art direction lol. It was literally everything else about tri that bothered me. The half baked plot lines, really bland characterization, treatment of the 02 cast, the really forced "mature" drama, etc.

Oh well, at least the music was really good.
Having watched it a few weeks ago, Tri really needed more consistent writing. There's good elements there like Himekawa's past and how that effected her actions, but none of them really get explored properly and just drift away to be forgotten, or they're Meiko and their development runs around in circles. It also didn't help that they kept adding more to the plot such as the useless tree, which dragged focus away from where it was needed and made its lack of development issues more problematic.

I will still give this new entry a shot because I still like Adventure, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I don't have a lot of faith in it.

Oh, ****, look at the end of the video
Also yay, an unleaked unit.
Oh hey, Thea! She was pretty useful in Binding Blade for me, so I'm glad to see that she finally made the jump.

Also I'm glad to see IS has accepted best Lyn ship.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Headcanon is that Roy is canonialy Lyn's son.
Considering how much FE7 pushes the Lyn x Hector and Eliwood x Ninian trains it's more likely that Lilina is Lyn's Daughter (and Roy is a quarter Dragon).

Unless you adhere to the Lyn x Florina ship.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Considering how much FE7 pushes the Lyn x Hector and Eliwood x Ninian trains it's more likely that Lilina is Lyn's Daughter (and Roy is a quarter Dragon).

Unless you adhere to the Lyn x Florina ship.
The true canon is Lyn x Mark because they both **** off from the narrative and are never mentioned again.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The true canon is Lyn x Mark because they both **** off from the narrative and are never mentioned again.
I mean, most of the FE7 cast disappear never to be seen again.

The only FE7 characters we know the fates of are Eliwood, Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Bartre, Canas, Karla and Athos.

EDIT: Forgot Karel.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

The only FE7 characters we know the fates of are Eliwood, Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Bartre, Canas, Karla and Athos.
Weren't Pent and Louise still around during Binding Blade? At least, I thought a couple characters mentioned them.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Weren't Pent and Louise still around during Binding Blade? At least, I thought a couple characters mentioned them.
By the time of Binding Blade, Cecilia has taken over as Mage General, so I don't think so.

At the very least, they aren't mentioned by name.
I think they had relatives? Can't remember exactly.
You're thinking of Klein and Clarine, their children.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
after deciding to redo botw on master mode this time, i realized that

damn, did the developers only decide to make the zoras fleshed out or what

the closest thing that can compare are the rito, but not the actual rito, but the whole sidequest with their ****ing kids for that one quest

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
By the time of Binding Blade, Cecilia has taken over as Mage General, so I don't think so.

At the very least, they aren't mentioned by name.

You're thinking of Klein and Clarine, their children.
I could swear they mentioned that Pent was just furthering what Athos had started, and all that. It kinda implies Pent and Louise are alive and well.

EDIT: Actually isn't Rath confirmed to be dead too?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I could swear they mentioned that Pent was just furthering what Athos had started, and all that. It kinda implies Pent and Louise are alive and well.

EDIT: Actually isn't Rath confirmed to be dead too?
From the (good) FE wiki:
"Athos died shortly after Nergal's defeat, and Pent chose to resign from his post as Mage General to allow himself time to focus on continuing Athos's research. Pent chose Cecilia as his successor in the role. Afterward, he and Louise largely retreated from public life in Etruria, and within a year of the battle with Nergal, Louise gave birth to their first child, Klein.

When Klein was four years old, the Reglay family attended a gladiator match at the largest arena in Aquleia, during which Klein escaped into the arena pit and was attacked by a lion. He was saved by Dieck, then a young gladiator, who was severely scarred by the lion for his efforts. Out of gratitude, Pent and Louise hired Dieck into their service and began to treat him as a member of the family. Two years into his time with them, Dieck abandoned the Reglay household after rumors and gossip about their treatment of Dieck started to circulate around Etrurian nobility. During this time, Louise gave birth to their second child, Clarine, who was still very young when Dieck left.

While both of their children were actively involved in the Disturbance of Bern as soldiers fighting under Roy, Pent and Louise paid little attention to the conflict even as the rest of Etruria was embroiled in the Revolutionaries crisis."
While he never appears in person, Pent is mentioned in passing in several of Klein, Clarine and Dieck's support conversations.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
From the (good) FE wiki:
Yeah, going by that, I think it's safe to say Pent and Louise are very much alive.

Also Sue being the last surviving member of her tribe, IIRC, basically confirms Rath is dead.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, going by that, I think it's safe to say Pent and Louise are very much alive.

Also Sue being the last surviving member of her tribe, IIRC, basically confirms Rath is dead.
Rath's fate is a big mystery, neither of his possible endings in FE7 mention what happens to him. The Lyn/Rath ending mentions "a daughter" (possibly Sue) and "living happily in the plains", but... that's about it.

Also, Sue isn't the last member of the Kutolah tribe, because Sin and Dayan are also still alive (and all the Nomads you fight in the Sacae path, assuming Roy doesn't kill them).

Actually, speaking of being the last of a tribe, Lyn isn't actually the last member of the Lorca tribe (even though she functionally is), because she mentioned that "everyone who was still alive left because they didn't want to follow a woman" at some point early in FE7.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone from FE7 is alive and well, ya'll shut your dirty mouths.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
And this is why we need a Blazing Sword X Binding Blade remake. If besides to confirm who is alive and whatnot and to connect the two games a bit more cleanly.
And besides giving Mark an identity, maybe even give that random Fire Dragon Final Boss an identity as well. Seriously, every Final Boss has an identity and name besides the poor random Fire Dragon. Give the poor guy a break.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
And this is why we need a Blazing Sword X Binding Blade remake. If besides to confirm who is alive and whatnot and to connect the two games a bit more cleanly.
And besides giving Mark an identity, maybe even give that random Fire Dragon Final Boss an identity as well.
If we get an FE6/7 remake, they can retcon out all the "everyone's mothers are dead" that FE7 being a prequel caused.

Ninian supposedly dying "because she didn't go back to the Dragon Realm" makes absolutely no sense.

KMDP

Smash Legend
i cant believe hector is ****ing dead

Not before my Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 remakes first *****
A "Genealogy of the Holy War x Thracia 776" remake where, midway through the second part, the game suddenly decides to pull focus away from Seliph and instead focus on Leif for like 20 chapters.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A "Genealogy of the Holy War x Thracia 776" remake where, midway through the second part, the game suddenly decides to pull focus away from Seliph and instead focus on Leif for like 20 chapters.
not like its any different with sigurd existing too

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

EDIT: Forgot Karel.
We know Lyn’s fate...she decided to join Smash as a playable fighter and failed 3 (or 4 if you separate Smash 4 in half) games in a row...currently serving as an Assist and then sits in the locker rooms waiting for another go and regretting leaving Hector behind

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We know Lyn’s fate...she decided to join Smash as a playable fighter and failed 3 (or 4 if you separate Smash 4 in half) games in a row...currently serving as an Assist and then sits in the locker rooms waiting for another go and regretting leaving Hector behind
and thats how hector gets in smash

payback, *****

AXE TIME

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
If we get an FE6/7 remake, they can retcon out all the "everyone's mothers are dead" that FE7 being a prequel caused.

Ninian supposedly dying "because she didn't go back to the Dragon Realm" makes absolutely no sense.
At the very least, they could give a more detailed death than just prequel shenanigans. I mean, one of the things about connecting the two is that they could do a "What happened in-between?" story before Bern started it's attack, especially when you consider that Zephiel was potentially plotting since Roy and Lilina were children.

I think one of the other potential things you can do with making a game that connects Blazing Sword and Binding Blade together is all the potential with choosing Ninian as the mother for Roy. Like, considering that the whole deal Roy is trying to prove is that humans and dragons Can co-exist together, it would be awesome attention to detail if the player makes Ninian Roy's mother and then Roy actually uses his mother as proof that they can. Heck, it'd just be as awesome if Jahn reacted accordingly to Roy's reveal as a son of a dragon and his demeanour suddenly changes.

Like I'm aware that the person who made Fire Emblem Echoes wants to do a Binding Blade remake, but I feel there is so, so much more potential and good in making a one-game remake of both Binding Blade and Blazing Sword.

KMDP

Smash Legend
At the very least, they could give a more detailed death than just prequel shenanigans. I mean, one of the things about connecting the two is that they could do a "What happened in-between?" story before Bern started it's attack, especially when you consider that Zephiel was potentially plotting since Roy and Lilina were children.

I think one of the other potential things you can do with making a game that connects Blazing Sword and Binding Blade together is all the potential with choosing Ninian as the mother for Roy. Like, considering that the whole deal Roy is trying to prove is that humans and dragons Can co-exist together, it would be awesome attention to detail if the player makes Ninian Roy's mother and then Roy actually uses his mother as proof that they can. Heck, it'd just be as awesome if Jahn reacted accordingly to Roy's reveal as a son of a dragon and his demeanour suddenly changes.

Like I'm aware that the person who made Fire Emblem Echoes wants to do a Binding Blade remake, but I feel there is so, so much more potential and good in making a one-game remake of both Binding Blade and Blazing Sword.
That's a really good idea.

Making a Blazing Blade + Binding Blade dual remake would cause the game to be about 50-60 chapters long. Though if you consider Fates one game then that's, like, 72 chapters long not even accounting for DLC.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Daily reminder that if Lyn x Hector is canon, Lyn never returns home to the plains and dies in a medieval castle giving birth to Lilina.
Lyn sadd.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom