• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yo you got a source on that cause it seems too good to be true.
Fired from his role on morose monokean 2.

I'm curious to see if this will affect his role on more prominent IPs like Dragonball.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Man, I feel like an idiot.

Here I was planning on merging my neutral Loki with my +Atk -Spd Loki... and I ended up merging them the other way around! Neutral Loki remained, while the +Atk _Spd was merged.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

What I was thinking! Great, Loki's attack isn't as high as I wanted it to be. Had to consequently spend some of my first several Dragonflowers just boost her Attack by 1 to make up for it.

Luckily, all of the other merges I was planning went well. Turns out that if you already merged a unit prior to the update, they automatically get the removed bane too! That's pretty nice!

In other news, my free summon today was my first Grima!

Too bad he had a really bad nature though: +Spd -Atk. Man, second new armor I pulled in a row with an awful nature...

At least I have Vengeful Fighter fodder though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Vic Mignogna's role in the dub of Morose Mononokean II, which Funi started simuldubbing a few weeks ago, has been replaced by Ian Sinclair. Funimation themselves confirmed that they replaced him.
well ****...now Broly gotta be recasted

D

Deleted member

Vic's always been Broly in Funimation works. He was never "recast".
And the only reason Vic hated the role is because recording sessions were murder on his vocal chords.

A bit ironic that now that's no longer an issue....but still.
Who the **** is going to take over and still sound like "Broly"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Vic Mignogna's role in the dub of Morose Mononokean II, which Funi started simuldubbing a few weeks ago, has been replaced by Ian Sinclair. Funimation themselves confirmed that they replaced him.
Maybe I'm being cynical, but honestly, I don't think this means much. At least not yet.

Vic is one of the top guys at FUNI (and the industry in general). He's not just some VA that works there, he's a director too among other things. He has quite a bit of power over there and It wouldn't surprise me if it's not that simple to just get rid of him.

Or if they even want to get rid of him, because I can definitely see this being a case of the higher ups at FUNI going "hey you're gonna have to lay low for a while" and waiting for the whole thing to simmer down so after that they just go back and pretend nothing happened.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Maybe I'm being cynical, but honestly, I don't think this means much. At least not yet.

Vic is one of the top guys at FUNI (and the industry in general). He's not just some VA that works there, he's a director too among other things. He has quite a bit of power over there and It wouldn't surprise me that if it's not that simple to just get rid of him.

Or if they even want to get rid of him, because I can definitely see this being a case of the higher ups at FUNI going "hey you're gonna have to lay low for a while" and waiting for the whole thing to simmer down so after that they just go back and pretend nothing happened.
Yeah, "Fired from Funimation" is far too extreme and sudden to be likely, especially for (forgive me if you're a fan of this) a sequel to a 2016 anime that didn't really get a lot of attention

If crack-addict Johnny Depp and Scientologist Tom Cruise can both get constant, high profile, well-paying jobs, I very much doubt anything short of high treason is going to boot him from his bigger roles.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didnt expect Animal Crossing to be so late.
Yeah if that’s true I’m surprised it’s not the summer title, especially when reports said we could see it really early this year.

I mean a fall title makes sense too, but I’m glad we are finally getting it either way

D

Deleted member

If your main concern over a known sexual harasser being fired is that a fictional character will need a new VA, then you really should check your own priorities.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So Ive heard that Majoras Mask is actually not that hard to fight in the 3ds version of the game. Ive heard more complaining about Twinmold than Majora, actually.

If you have played MM, was Majora surprisingly easy to fight for you? Or was it hard?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So Ive heard that Majoras Mask is actually not that hard to fight in the 3ds version of the game. Ive heard more complaining about Twinmold than Majora, actually.

If you have played MM, was Majora surprisingly easy to fight for you? Or was it hard?
That depends on whether you get the Fierce Deity's Mask or not, which requires obtaining every mask. Facing Majora without can get pretty taxing, but with it you basically curbstomp the demon...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Well, the difficulty of the Majora battle sort of depends on if you've collected all of the Masks throughout the game, because if you have, you are able to obtain a special one right before you begin the fight, which just makes it a cakewalk.

And, yeah, Twinmold's fight in Majora's Mask 3D can be really annoying at times! Much less so in the N64 version though...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
That depends on whether you get the Fierce Deity's Mask or not, which requires obtaining every mask. Facing Majora without can get pretty taxing, but with it you basically curbstomp the demon...
Well, the difficulty of the Majora battle sort of depends on if you've collected all of the Masks throughout the game, because if you have, you are able to obtain a special one right before you begin the fight, which just makes it a cakewalk.

And, yeah, Twinmold's fight in Majora's Mask 3D can be really annoying at times! Much less so in the N64 version though...
I see.
Although, i saw zelda master's playthrough of the final boss on youtube, and he didnt use the fierce diety mask and yet he was able to get through relatively fine.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Fighting Majora as Feirce Deity is hella lame though
The Majora vs Fierce Diety fight is meant to be cathartic.

Think about it: you're punishing it for everything it's done to the people of Termina with ease; and since the mask was given to you by Majora (hubris at it's finest), it brought the punishment on itself.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Majora vs Fierce Diety fight is meant to be cathartic.

Think about it: you're punishing it for everything it's done to the people of Termina with ease; and since the mask was given to you by Majora (hubris at it's finest), it brought the punishment on itself.
I know that but it still ruins the fight for me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If your main concern over a known sexual harasser being fired is that a fictional character will need a new VA, then you really should check your own priorities.
People are allowed to care about more than one issue, Shish. You don't have to ONLY bring up the more pressing one.

D

Deleted member

People are allowed to care about more than one issue, Shish. You don't have to ONLY bring up the more pressing one.
That's why I said "main concern" considering some of the reactions to the whole things are more "it sucks they'll have to recast" than anything else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's why I said "main concern" considering some of the reactions to the whole things are more "it sucks they'll have to recast" than anything else.
But just because people don't mention the main concern, it doesn't mean they don't care about it. There's only so much someone can discuss about how much of a lowlife the guy is when it's so immediately obvious, while, for example, the recasting question can at least bring up some slightly more positive voice recasting discussion.

That's the way I see it, anyway.

D

Deleted member

But just because people don't mention the main concern, it doesn't mean they don't care about it. There's only so much someone can discuss about how much of a lowlife the guy is when it's so immediately obvious, while, for example, the recasting question can at least bring up some slightly more positive voice recasting discussion.

That's the way I see it, anyway.
Neither of those have anything to do with what I'm talking about though. I'm not saying it has to be brought up, nor am I saying there's anything wrong with discussing a new VA. The issue is that if you're going to react to the subject as a "it sucks" then it's obviously not going to be read in a good light.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Broly barely said anything to begin with and got recast in the past too (Funny enough Vic was him then but hated the role which is why he got replaced)
Yeah, but when he spoke it was memorable and pure...enough

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Honestly, I haven't cared that much about the Direct Drought. We know most of the 2019 lineup and I can't say i'm too excited for Smash Ultimate DLC given what the rumor mill is spitting out. I can wait til' March TBH.

D

Deleted member

GRR ROAR VIC SATAN GLAD HE FIRED PRAISE JESUS
Satisfied?

Now can I go back to how this controversy affects something that means a lot to me instead of focusing on the controversy itself without SJWs breathing down my back?

What Vic did was wrong. We already ****ing know that.
No sense in constantly forcing people to draw attention to it as if that's all they should be thinking about.

D

Deleted member

GRR ROAR VIC SATAN GLAD HE FIRED PRAISE JESUS
Satisfied?

Now can I go back to how this controversy affects something that means a lot to me instead of focusing on the controversy itself without SJWs breathing down my back?

What Vic did was wrong. We already ****ing know that.
No sense in constantly forcing people to draw attention to it as if that's all they should be thinking about.
Truly sorry that the evil SJWs ruined your fictional character's voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom