• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
been thinkin lately that while raimi references are great, i think too many are starting to pop up. gonna get oversaturated eventually if you ask me

just do the maguire/garfield/holland crossover already god dammit
My God...that’s something we absolutely need

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Eir looking at the 2nd Anniversary logo perfectly encapsulates the playerbase reaction to the event lol
1549504039404.png

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
EO Nexus stuff, part 3:

- Picking only five of 19 classes is hell. I knew I wanted a Ronin and Ninja (the two on the left over there), so I added in an Imperial for big damage, a Sovereign for support and eventual healing, and a Protector because I enjoy not being dead (there are other methods of achieving not dying, but I'm lazy). I'll probably change it up a bit once I get access to subclasses.

- I'm also playing on Expert. Didn't feel up to Heroic mode (same as Expert, but you can't change difficulties later) for my first run just in case I get particularly stuck somewhere.

- You start off by completing ordinary quests until the guildmaster deems you "good enough", before being allowed to actually start exploring labyrinths. In other games you just get dumped into the labyrinth and told "here's some mapping parchment, off you go". I feel like this probably works out better if you're a newcomer - instead of having one large task thrown at you where you'll probably die (mapping out a whole floor), you get a handful of smaller, more specific objectives to ease you into the game, and gradually introduce new mechanics, before tackling the big stuff.

- The world map is the same as in Fire Emblem - it just dots points of interest on the map, and you can move freely between them. Guess they figured there was enough map-making in the actual dungeons (of which there are 14). :p I kinda liked the overworld navigation from EO4, but oh well.

- When you do get to an actual labyrinth, though (which took me 2 hours), you're just dropped in and left to wander around for a bit before being given the map. I think the message here is "how'd you like being lost? this is why you need to draw the map :p". It automatically fills in the areas you've been to before you get the map, so it's not too bad.

- There's one particularly nasty event in the first labyrinth where 3 people in your party get covered in toxic water. They lose a bunch of HP and TP, and you're forced to remove their equipment and then fight one battle where half your party has no equipment. It worked out especially badly for me because my Protector was one of those three people who had to dump their gear, meaning I had no guard skills. So I just threw my Ronin's Force Break at them and ran (got lucky and got all three instant kills, too). Events like this make me feel kinda conflicted because they're a pain to deal with, but they're also there to drive home the game's "in the labyrinth, anything can kill you" atmosphere, so I can get why they exist. Plus I'll admit it does feel good to overcome a challenge like that. :p

- "somehow you defeat the pissed-off and hungry wolf" - I killed it in two hits, that's not exactly "somehow". :p Wonder if I accidentally landed on a really strong team, or just got lucky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

EO Nexus stuff, part 3:

- Picking only five of 19 classes is hell. I knew I wanted a Ronin and Ninja (the two on the left over there), so I added in an Imperial for big damage, a Sovereign for support and eventual healing, and a Protector because I enjoy not being dead (there are other methods of achieving not dying, but I'm lazy). I'll probably change it up a bit once I get access to subclasses.

- I'm also playing on Expert. Didn't feel up to Heroic mode (same as Expert, but you can't change difficulties later) for my first run just in case I get particularly stuck somewhere.

- You start off by completing ordinary quests until the guildmaster deems you "good enough", before being allowed to actually start exploring labyrinths. In other games you just get dumped into the labyrinth and told "here's some mapping parchment, off you go". I feel like this probably works out better if you're a newcomer - instead of having one large task thrown at you where you'll probably die (mapping out a whole floor), you get a handful of smaller, more specific objectives to ease you into the game, and gradually introduce new mechanics, before tackling the big stuff.

- The world map is the same as in Fire Emblem - it just dots points of interest on the map, and you can move freely between them. Guess they figured there was enough map-making in the actual dungeons (of which there are 14). :p I kinda liked the overworld navigation from EO4, but oh well.

- When you do get to an actual labyrinth, though (which took me 2 hours), you're just dropped in and left to wander around for a bit before being given the map. I think the message here is "how'd you like being lost? this is why you need to draw the map :p". It automatically fills in the areas you've been to before you get the map, so it's not too bad.

- There's one particularly nasty event in the first labyrinth where 3 people in your party get covered in toxic water. They lose a bunch of HP and TP, and you're forced to remove their equipment and then fight one battle where half your party has no equipment. It worked out especially badly for me because my Protector was one of those three people who had to dump their gear, meaning I had no guard skills. So I just threw my Ronin's Force Break at them and ran (got lucky and got all three instant kills, too). Events like this make me feel kinda conflicted because they're a pain to deal with, but they're also there to drive home the game's "in the labyrinth, anything can kill you" atmosphere, so I can get why they exist. Plus I'll admit it does feel good to overcome a challenge like that. :p

- "somehow you defeat the pissed-off and hungry wolf" - I killed it in two hits, that's not exactly "somehow". :p Wonder if I accidentally landed on a really strong team, or just got lucky.
Do you have the two Shishos as your Protector and Imperial because since you have that sepcific Ronin and Ninja I just feel the need to say my Protector and Ronin in EO2U were a couple so could you please keep even their alternate selves tigether?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Eir looking at the 2nd Anniversary logo perfectly encapsulates the playerbase reaction to the event lol
View attachment 190701
Is that the look of sadness or the look of "I don't know how to feel when Duma, the Tellius Banners and Merge changes are so good. And maybe the new Refines too."

I mean, the way you have people going from "Yay!" at the Laguz Banner to "No Yay!" to the Hot Spring Banner to "Yay!" to Duma to "No Yay!" at RNG 5-Stars to "Yay!" to the Tellius Seasonal Banner, you can't really tell how they feel half of the time.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Da heck?
I don't get this.
You had the word “Endgame” in your comment...somI took every other word out just so I could have an excuse to reference Avengers by using that Spidey pic

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Do you have the two Shishos as your Protector and Imperial because since you have that sepcific Ronin and Ninja I just feel the need to say my Protector and Ronin in EO2U were a couple so could you please keep even their alternate selves tigether?
I actually do. With those classes I didn't really have much choice. :p

I guess I'll just post what my whole party looks like.

I ended up doing not much customising since for the most part I like their default appearances (in the case of this particular Protector portrait, you can't customise it anyway).

The Sovereign is the odd one out. I just went for the one I liked of the default set, but I might change it later. This game is really good for this since you can change characters' appearances whenever you like to whatever you like, without having to jump through hoops like reclassing or retiring.

D

Deleted member

I actually do. With those classes I didn't really have much choice. :p

I guess I'll just post what my whole party looks like.

I ended up doing not much customising since for the most part I like their default appearances (in the case of this particular Protector portrait, you can't customise it anyway).

The Sovereign is the odd one out. I just went for the one I liked of the default set, but I might change it later. This game is really good for this since you can change characters' appearances whenever you like to whatever you like, without having to jump through hoops like reclassing or retiring.
I can't believe you ship me and you together

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is that a look of disgust?
As I said, more of a look of "Why must you do this to me?" due to the fact that everybody went from "No Yay!" to "Yay!" once the new Seasonal Banner was shown. The fanbase seems to have a love/hate relationship toward the game.

Chrono.

As I said, more of a look of "Why must you do this to me?" due to the fact that everybody went from "No Yay!" to "Yay!" once the new Seasonal Banner was shown. The fanbase seems to have a love/hate relationship toward the game.
That's just how gacha fanbases roll.

I remember the Dokkan Battle subreddit blew a gasket over the (very) underwhelming christmas banner. All that disappointment turned into unadulterated hype with the new years banner not even a month later.

Chrono.

If Sora makes it to Smash I sure hope he doesn't have the abysmal landing lag he has in KH3.

Makes Smash 4 Shulk look like Melee Fox.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Sora makes it to Smash I sure hope he doesn't have the abysmal landing lag he has in KH3.

Makes Smash 4 Shulk look like Melee Fox.
Make him like Bayonetta and give him his KH2 combat.

Every time you hit his block, he counter attacks you for 50%.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I can't believe you ship me and you together
Well, the town in this game is on an airship, so yes, I suppose I am shipping people together, in a sense. :p

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything like that, though. If anyone wants to read it like that, that's all on you, honey. ;p

D

Deleted member

Great.
Just when Broly finally becomes canon and is re-written to be a character everyone can actually like and is set up to be a recurring character, he needs to be recast....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom