• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I love the smell of a new game on a damp and dreary day.
Hope you lot are looking forward to the 10-page essays I'm going to be preparing on this one. :p
(if the image goes on fire, I'm sure you can probably guess what it is anyway)

D

Deleted member

Here's the trailer for a game whose previous one I did not finish
I love the smell of a new game on a damp and dreary day.

Hope you lot are looking forward to the 10-page essays I'm going to be preparing on this one. :p
(if the image goes on fire, I'm sure you can probably guess what it is anyway)
Talk as much as you can about it because it'll take me a long while to ever experience it.

Chrono.

One day I will play Etrian Odyssey.

That day is not today.

Nor anytime soon, I think the next games I should tackle are Bayonetta.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Here's part 1, just some quick thoughts:

- There's an artbook in the box with art for all the classes in the game, plus a bunch of NPCs. It's neat, but there are a few oddities - the EO4 classes have their recolours featured instead of the originals, Yuji Himukai isn't credited anywhere in it, and Shisho doesn't get top billing on the Protector's page, instead being stuck in the corner at the back:
- You can't customise the DLC portraits from previous games (except EO5's since they were already customisable), which is kinda lame but understandable, since they probably just pulled the files out of the other games and threw them in without much effort.

- why does this exist, Atlus pls

- The "press A to continue" prompt icon still looks like a loading icon. Lame. They did this in EO5 too and it resulted in me waiting for like a minute on the "creating save data" screen for no reason, because the icon made it look like it was still processing when it was actually done.

- The opening sequence at the start of a new game is different. No more standing around the forest entrance being lectured on "this is Yggdrasil and it's been here for 1000 years and countless explorers have died exploring it, so off you go". Almost looks like this game might have some actual effort put into its story. :p

- Voices are in Japanese. I don't mind this personally, but it's a bit odd since the last few games were fully dubbed. Did they cheap out on the localisation a bit? But if that's why it got here quicker than the other games (this is the first time an EO game has launched on the same day in both Europe and the US) then I'm okay with it.

- Message backlog function hype

- I still haven't actually even started playing - need to figure out my party first. But you can now have any portrait on any character by default, which is awesome. In older games you were stuck with the class' default portraits, and if you wanted to change you had to reclass (which meant that character being stuck with stats that probably weren't optimal for their new class). You can change their appearances at any time after registering them, too.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
The other thread got shut down so we’ll be migrating here. My avatar should be a good indicator of what went down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, the Ultimate Social got closed. Guess people were misbehavin' again. Wasn't there for it, so I dunno what went down, which is probably for the best.

Anyways, out of curiosity sake, I went to go see what others were thinking of KH3 now that it's been out for a week (without spoiling anything major, of course).

I started with Pro Jared. He, uh...hoo boy, he really didn't like it, lol. He finished it in about 25 hours, yet here I am sitting at 16 hours and I'm only at the Monster's Inc. world. Like, did he really play this game to enjoy it, or did he just blow through it, I wonder? I guess he and some other people are complaining the game is more cutscenes than gameplay, and TBH I'm not really sure where they're coming from. There's about as many cutscenes as there were in KH2, sooo...:drshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh boy time to post on the Ultimate Soci--
Screenshot_20190205-165304~2.png

Oh boy what the hell happened
Here's part 1, just some quick thoughts:

- There's an artbook in the box with art for all the classes in the game, plus a bunch of NPCs. It's neat, but there are a few oddities - the EO4 classes have their recolours featured instead of the originals, Yuji Himukai isn't credited anywhere in it, and Shisho doesn't get top billing on the Protector's page, instead being stuck in the corner at the back:

- You can't customise the DLC portraits from previous games (except EO5's since they were already customisable), which is kinda lame but understandable, since they probably just pulled the files out of the other games and threw them in without much effort.

- why does this exist, Atlus pls

- The "press A to continue" prompt icon still looks like a loading icon. Lame. They did this in EO5 too and it resulted in me waiting for like a minute on the "creating save data" screen for no reason, because the icon made it look like it was still processing when it was actually done.

- The opening sequence at the start of a new game is different. No more standing around the forest entrance being lectured on "this is Yggdrasil and it's been here for 1000 years and countless explorers have died exploring it, so off you go". Almost looks like this game might have some actual effort put into its story. :p

- Voices are in Japanese. I don't mind this personally, but it's a bit odd since the last few games were fully dubbed. Did they cheap out on the localisation a bit? But if that's why it got here quicker than the other games (this is the first time an EO game has launched on the same day in both Europe and the US) then I'm okay with it.

- Message backlog function hype

- I still haven't actually even started playing - need to figure out my party first. But you can now have any portrait on any character by default, which is awesome. In older games you were stuck with the class' default portraits, and if you wanted to change you had to reclass (which meant that character being stuck with stats that probably weren't optimal for their new class). You can change their appearances at any time after registering them, too.
Shisho was robbed

Also, I've had the same problem with EOV's icon and it hapoens every time I boot up the game.

And the no dubbing is 100% the reason it was so easy to localize it but they could have just reused the EOV voices for the playable characters.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here's a song to commemorate the death of the Ultimate Social Thread.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Welp, the Ultimate Social got closed. Guess people were misbehavin' again. Wasn't there for it, so I dunno what went down, which is probably for the best.

Anyways, out of curiosity sake, I went to go see what others were thinking of KH3 now that it's been out for a week (without spoiling anything major, of course).

I started with Pro Jared. He, uh...hoo boy, he really didn't like it, lol. He finished it in about 25 hours, yet here I am sitting at 16 hours and I'm only at the Monster's Inc. world. Like, did he really play this game to enjoy it, or did he just blow through it, I wonder? I guess he and some other people are complaining the game is more cutscenes than gameplay, and TBH I'm not really sure where they're coming from. There's about as many cutscenes as there were in KH2, sooo...:drshrug:
If you blow through the game, yeah it aint gonna last long. I personaly love the cutscenes. They just look so good and unf

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
And I guess we’re all back here again.

I mean I still visit this thread regularly, but I guess it’s gonna be a lot more active now.

D

Deleted member

If you blow through the game, yeah it aint gonna last long. I personaly love the cutscenes. They just look so good and unf
People are also saying the game is too easy.

I mean, yeah, Standard becomes a breeze once you realize how broken thunder and Ever After is, but you could always play on Proud or use Zero EXP, so honestly I'm not quite sure what the problem is. KH2 wasn't exactly super hard either, lol. People are also upset about the lack of FF content.

People are also complaining about the story. To which my response is this: It's KH, what did you expect? You should know full well what you're getting yourself into if you've played all the way up to this point.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The Ultimate thread got locked again? Cool. Can we leave it like that this time and just move everyone here? This site isn't big enough for the two socials. :p

D

Deleted member

The Ultimate thread got locked again? Cool. Can we leave it like that this time and just move everyone here? This site isn't big enough for the two socials. :p
TBH that would make much more sense.

D

Deleted member

I guess he and some other people are complaining the game is more cutscenes than gameplay, and TBH I'm not really sure where they're coming from. There's about as many cutscenes as there were in KH2, sooo...:drshrug:
It's probably a case of being blinded by nostalgia, I'm sure if he was to play through KH2 again he would make the same complaint.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But that would mean all the stuff that gets the Ultimate Social blocked would come here instead.

It is a necessary evil to have both in order to keep the NintenZone as clean as possible. :V

Last edited:

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
need to rant a little

i keep getting harassed by white people at the gym and it makes me so uncomfortable to even go outside. they are so damn condescending it makes my blood boil. it really makes me feel like **** knowing these people cant stand a black dude working out. its ****ing ridiculous how racist the northern VA-DC metro area is. people know that calling other people racist and homophobic slurs is unacceptable right? people know that shoving and groping other people is unacceptable right? why do people think this is ok? this isnt remotely ok for ****s sake.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

I mean, yeah, Standard becomes a breeze once you realize how broken thunder and Ever After is, but you could always play on Proud or use Zero EXP, so honestly I'm not quite sure what the problem is. KH2 wasn't exactly super hard either, lol. People are also upset about the lack of FF content.

People are also complaining about the story. To which my response is this: It's KH, what did you expect? You should know full well what you're getting yourself into if you've played all the way up to this point.
yeah that I agree with, One streamer was on Proud and it was kinda easy for him. Matbe Proud is easy or maybe he was a damn good player, idk pff and yeah, KH doesn need FF anymore to stay alive

Any KH fan knows KHs story is a big out of control rollercoster of emotions and confusion but we( well some of us) love it for its stupid fun

Chrono.

As someone who played on Proud, the game Is still a breeze. I literally died less than 5 times in the main game and when I did it was usually in a gimmick fight.

Coming off the heels of Dream Drop Distance, I played for the first time ever 2 weeks ago and I chose Proud. That game is grueling, especially on the endgame world and bosses. But that game is also weird with progression so it's not a great comparison.

Compared to KH2, yeah. It's about the same difficulty. Though I'd argue KH2 on Proud at least had some bosses in the main game that you couldnt just breezs your way though (Demyx, Xaldin and especially Roxas come to mind.)

That said, I still think the game is fantastic. But they really need to patch in a critical mode.

D

Deleted member

It's probably a case of being blinded by nostalgia, I'm sure if he was to play through KH2 again he would make the same complaint.
Especially when I remember very clearly that that was a huge complaint used against KH2 back in the day. I like that people are complaining you can beat it in 25-30 hours when that's how long it takes to beat the other ones if you blaze through them. :p

I'm not really all that surprised about some of the hate KH3 is getting. In a way, I kind of expected it. It's a common case of overhype: The game has been a dream of people's since they were kids, and everyone thought it was gonna be mind blowing but surprise surprise, it's exactly what it says it is: Kingdom Hearts 3. It's just another Kingdom Hearts game.

Another huge complaint is that people say it's a terrible entry point. ...Like, what? That's like complaining you can't start reading Lord of the Rings starting at Return of the King, lol. It's a long standing franchise: Of course you're gonna need to know what happened in the other ones if you want to follow along!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Especially when I remember very clearly that that was a huge complaint used against KH2 back in the day. I like that people are complaining you can beat it in 25-30 hours when that's how long it takes to beat the other ones if you blaze through them. :p

I'm not really all that surprised about some of the hate KH3 is getting. In a way, I kind of expected it. It's a common case of overhype: The game has been a dream of people's since they were kids, and everyone thought it was gonna be mind blowing but surprise surprise, it's exactly what it says it is: Kingdom Hearts 3. It's another Kingdom Hearts game.

Another huge complaint is that people say it's a terrible entry point. ...Like, what? That's like complaining you can't start reading Lord of the Rings starting at Return of the King, lol. It's a long standing franchise: Of course you're gonna need to know what happened in the other ones if you want to follow along!
or starting at Half blooded Prince rather then Chamber of Secrets

D

Deleted member

need to rant a little

i keep getting harassed by white people at the gym and it makes me so uncomfortable to even go outside. they are so damn condescending it makes my blood boil. it really makes me feel like **** knowing these people cant stand a black dude working out. its ****ing ridiculous how racist the northern VA-DC metro area is. people know that calling other people racist and homophobic slurs is unacceptable right? people know that shoving and groping other people is unacceptable right? why do people think this is ok? this isnt remotely ok for ****s sake.
You need to talk, buddy? I've never been harassed to such point but I can understand the anger and frustration you must be feeling.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings

Jared has gone on record saying that he really doesn't like Kingdom Hearts, so he probably didn't go into it with the most positive of mindsets.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ironic that apparently a week old thread title was bad but no one cared till yesterday,

Meanwhile the other social got locked twice in like a week and nothing more happened.

But that’s none of my business

Chrono.

I'm not really all that surprised about some of the hate KH3 is getting. In a way, I kind of expected it. It's a common case of overhype: The game has been a dream of people's since they were kids, and everyone thought it was gonna be mind blowing but surprise surprise, it's exactly what it says it is: Kingdom Hearts 3. It's just another Kingdom Hearts game.

When it comes to KH you can't really please everyone.

You get the crowd saying the story is too convoluted, which is fair enough. Then the other half is screaming about Disney worlds taking up most of the game and it's like, hello?? What series have you been playing this time?

Literally every KH game is like this, the plot stuff happens sprinkled through the game and then everything happens at the end. I'd even say KH3 strikes a better balance than most as every organization member is involved in the Disney worlds this time around and aside from 3 worlds, all the plotlines are original to this game. The game itself is actually a tad longer than your average KH1 and KH2 run, they're just structured very differently.

At least to KH2, KH1 and 3 are pretty similar. It's just 2 had those second visits to each world that made the game feel longer than it is. Which, btw, was one of the major criticisms KH2 had for the longest time and the main reason Nomura opted for bigger worlds that take longer to beat but don't have to go back to beyond hunting for treasure and emblems.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
need to rant a little

If you were groped, you should call the cops. Like, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom