• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
i want to know you wonderful people better so i put this together

If you could fix one world problem, what would it be?
If you could live in any era, which would it be and why?
If you could have chosen your own name, what would you have picked?
What would be your perfect date night?
What kind of animal am I?
What kind of animal are you?
Has anyone accidentally seen you naked?
If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?
What are some things that offend you?
How would you describe me in 5 words?
How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
How do you feel about genetically modified food?
Is there anything too serious to be joked about?
Could you be persuaded to kill someone? If you answer no, how much money would it take to change your mind?
What is your strongest personal quality?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah I did my free summon on the banner today in heroes and got who I’ve been wanting to get for awhile:
89D30B62-165B-4060-94D6-4A143924D83B.png

One of my favorite characters in sov so I’m pretty happy to get him. He’s plus res minus def which isn’t the worst as fortress res and def with a plus six buff makes him a pretty good wall.

D

Deleted member

Yeah she’s great.

Well I mean a lot of brazilians are black. I didn’t really mean anything by it.
Brazil is basically a salad of ethnicities, you'll find anyone and from anywhere, and mixed from all sorts of degrees. We have even more racism though, don't think it's too different from the US.
It felt a bit rushed to me*, though what was there was great.
*For being Steven's "greatest challenge yet", White Diamond took less time to submit to the Crystal Gems ideology than Jasper.

One thing I noticed about Steven's final song for the season, he sings a new variant of "We Are the Crystal Gems", but doesn't insert himself into the roll call like he used to. I wonder if this is Rebecca Sugar trying to say something about Steven.
I also feel like it was way too quick but I think they managed to work with what they had. It inly felt fast relative to the rest of the series imo, otherwise the pacing was fine.
Still, I would have preferred if the whole Gem stuff started way earlier than the finale of season 1 and then moved faster than a snail's pace.
Back then, new Gems were an event, now they were all just there and it speaks to how fast the pacing got in recent seasons.

Still, I'm excited to see what comes next because I can't think

But the good stuff?
The Pebbles
White Diamond is just a white suburban mom, Sugar Woman's greatest fear
Lapis and Peridot with Crystal Gem outfits
Rainbow 2.0
The new Crystal Gems as a whole actually
SUNSTONE
MOTHER****ING OBSIDIAN
DID YOU SEE THAT SWORD???
STEVE REFUSING WAS SO BEAUTIFUL I WAS TIRED OF EVERYONE CALLING HIM PINK DIAMOND
LARS AND SADIE REUNITING WAS JUST SO AAAAAAAAA
JASPER IS BACK

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh yeah I did my free summon on the banner today in heroes and got who I’ve been wanting to get for awhile:
View attachment 188202
One of my favorite characters in sov so I’m pretty happy to get him. He’s plus res minus def which isn’t the worst as fortress res and def with a plus six buff makes him a pretty good wall.
I got Dream Female Corrin and you got Kliff...I think we both balled out today

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Could you be persuaded to kill someone? If you answer no, how much money would it take to change your mind?
Encouraging people to look into news thoroughly without kneejerk reactions

Seattle as that is my birthplace

Michael is my name, and I like it well enough (they were gonna name me "Dane." Yikes)

Yoshi dittos on Smash

Skeletor ("Answer me you royal boob!!!")

:yoshi:

Um... I think one time without a shirt, but idk

Because that's the English language for ya

"Yoshi isn't an important character!!!"

Andy's boyfriend and meme extraordinaire

Yup, ostensibly shy, horrifically indecent

Anything that furthers human development is fine by me

I only care if a joke is funny or not

No. And it'd probably be an amount that exceeds the GDP of the world

INTENSE LOYALTY!!! Not that anyone here would've picked up on that or anything...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Both Mics in the game saved my butt numerous times in Abyssals so she earns this one.
20190123_200523.jpg

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
Encouraging people to look into news thoroughly without kneejerk reactions

Seattle as that is my birthplace

Michael is my name, and I like it well enough (they were gonna name me "Dane." Yikes)

Yoshi dittos on Smash

Skeletor ("Answer me you royal boob!!!")

:yoshi:

Um... I think one time without a shirt, but idk

Because that's the English language for ya

"Yoshi isn't an important character!!!"

Andy's boyfriend and meme extraordinaire

Yup, ostensibly shy, horrifically indecent

Anything that furthers human development is fine by me

I only care if a joke is funny or not

No. And it'd probably be an amount that exceeds the GDP of the world

INTENSE LOYALTY!!! Not that anyone here would've picked up on that or anything...
i didnt think that i would get a response lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
I also feel like it was way too quick but I think they managed to work with what they had. It inly felt fast relative to the rest of the series imo, otherwise the pacing was fine.
Still, I would have preferred if the whole Gem stuff started way earlier than the finale of season 1 and then moved faster than a snail's pace.
Back then, new Gems were an event, now they were all just there and it speaks to how fast the pacing got in recent seasons.

But the good stuff?
The Pebbles
Rainbow 2.0
SUNSTONE
MOTHER****ING OBSIDIAN
STEVE REFUSING WAS SO BEAUTIFUL I WAS TIRED OF EVERYONE CALLING HIM PINK DIAMOND
JASPER IS BACK
I came up with a few plotlines they could tackle after the episode ended; the examples I came up with were along the lines of
  • What will the other Crystal Gems and Jasper do with the revelation of Rose Quartz' true identity?
  • Hell, how has Jasper's Earthly experiences effected her? What will she do now?
  • Can Gem culture weather the massive social upheaval that will come with White, Yellow and Blue changing their policies? (Some of the gems are comfortable in their roles and with the status quo, others are not; just like in real life this will cause friction)"
  • What of other races on planets in the process of being colonised by Homeworld? They probably won't just accept an apology and "oh, we don't that anymore".
  • What's going to happen with the Gem shards wandering around Earth? Those will have to be dealt with at some point.
One more I thought of later on that's worth considering: Pink Steven claims Pink Diamond is "Gone" (and he is very adamant about this), but a person's identity is mostly formed from their memories, and Pink Diamond's memories still exist (what I'm saying is that she's not as gone as Steven thinks she is), let's say that someone creates an 'artificial gem' and somehow transfer's Pink Diamond's memories into it, she could, theoretically, come back. Just shooting the breeze with this one because I'm an optimist at heart.

Obsidian's sword is rad, especially how she summons it.

Oh, here's another plot I thought of that I just remembered, when the newly healed gems find out about Steven's nature as a Gem hybrid, what if there are a few who think to replicate the process (for whatever reason)?

D

Deleted member

Bigotry because that's basically the root of most of our problems.
A future one where capitalism has fallen and people don't have to wrok anymore. If the future is not a valid answer, then whatever era it is socially acceptable to run around with a sword and in full armor
If I could choose my name as the current me but if I didn't have a name? I'd say Apollo, it has a nice ring to it and I like its origin.
Just snacks, Netflix and chill but actual Netflix and chill
A cat I guess
A crow I guess. I like crows. They're smart but they'd rather only use their intelligence whe it's convenient and also they hate farmers like me.
Actually, funny story but yes.
So you see, I was in the toilet on the first floor of my house and the window was open. Not a problem normally but there just happened to be a girl standing in the second floor of the neighbor's house and it was just awkward when I looked up and saw it open.

What's more awkward is that said girl xame to visit my house on that same day because she was a friend of my neighbour's daughter.

And that, kids, is why I always close the windows when using the bathroom.
Because capitalism is built on top of a throne of lies and we kneel to it.
Ignorant people and people who insist on defending these people because "we have to hear what they have to say" or "you can't punch nazis"
Distinguished gay and lovable nerd
Spacing out always also lazy
Cool i guess
Yes. A lot of things. Unfortunately, others didn't get the memo on the R-Word.
Me: "Look man, I'm not going to kill someone for money."
Random guy: "The target is Bolsonaro."
Me: "How much do I owe you?"
I'd have to say my creativity. I know it sounds like bragging but I'm always having ideas about something, even if they're just goddamn ****posts.
The problen is that I rarely have the motivation to write down my ideas, I could have avtually written a book already because ideas certainly arrn't missing but why do I have to type words? When can I have a device to read my thoughts?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Brazil is basically a salad of ethnicities, you'll find anyone and from anywhere, and mixed from all sorts of degrees. We have even more racism though, don't think it's too different from the US.

But the good stuff?
The Pebbles
Rainbow 2.0
SUNSTONE
MOTHER****ING OBSIDIAN
JASPER IS BACK
Well sorry to hear that.

..that being the racism part.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hopefully when this weekend I'll get to finish up the rest of Spider-Man PS4. I've really been liking the story and fighting mechanics. Hard to say if it has my favorite web-swinging, as good as it is, I kind of like the momentum of Spider-Man 2's and Ultimate Spider-Man's more. But the wall running, web-zips, and perch launching add that sense of speed too.

I'm excited to take on the Sinister Six though. I heard you take them on in groups of twos. Then I'll move on to post game stuff by finishing the Taskmaster stuff and fighting Tombstone.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Bigotry because that's basically the root of most of our problems.
I thought about this, and it's mostly true, though it depends on where you live and what your perspective is. The "most" of your statement is the important part, there are some problems that are entirely unrelated to bigotry, like Global Warming.

The biggest problem my home island is facing is actually immigration, our island is very small and can't handle the amount of foreigners who want to come into the island (population density and all that); for some reason our local government wants to keep allowing them in, while simultaneously building more finance districts and not the housing districts we need to sustain the growing population. A certain amount of immigration is healthy for a community, but at this point it's actually becoming a problem for us, which our government is choosing to ignore (perhaps to not be seen as racist?).

On another note, while I'm venting; our island has picked up some... stereotypes due to our history with taxation. Until recently, we were considered one of the "best" Tax Havens; and now, for some reason, we're now considered a rich community, over the years I've seen a disconcerting amount of ads talking about "Jersey Millionaires" (and I know it's not talking about New Jersey because they mention St. Helier, our main Parish). Trust me, we are not all rich on this island, anyone who tells you we are is stupid and/or a liar.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

-I suppose racism would be one problem I would fix.
-I guess it might be nice to live in the '90s, I guess.
-I don't know what I would choose my name to be, as I like the name that I currently have.
-I haven't dated before and I'm not really seeking romance atm, so I don't really have an idea of what that would be.
-A cat, I guess?
-A dog, I guess? (They're my favorite animals, so . . .)
-Not that I can remember (or at least, that I want to remember)
-That's a good question that I don't know the answer to.
-I suppose it's difficult to truly offend me, but in general, I don't take kindly to people picking on those that are weaker than themselves (so bullying, basically)
-A cool guy who's nice
-Kind of smart, if quiet.
-I'm not really sure how I feel about it.
-Lots of things, but suicide is probably the biggest one that I can think of.
-No. You'd have to pay me all of the money in the multiverse, and even then I still wouldn't change my mind.
-I'm not quite sure what my strongest quality might be (since, admittedly, my self-esteem is pretty low), but my intelligence and how hard I work, would probably be too of my biggest strengths.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Yeah, I'm going to make sure Conrad gets some extra votes for this CYL.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What if in some secret Xenoblade 2 DLC it revealed (the character) Mythra loved the Lakers and waxes poetic about Kobe being the GOAT?
Kobe era is fine, current Lakers are just a meme. Still I'd prefer the Celtics anytime but I also not fond of them either.

But hey, her cooking is trash so probably her tastes on other stuff are bad too :V

Still gotta tell her about the true GOAT: His Airness, hopefully in the form of quests to find movies about 90s Chicago Bulls

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We have even more racism though, don't think it's too different from the US.
It isn't really different anywhere. Same **** really.

A lot of people like to think racism is a mostly white on black USA exclusive affair, but around the world you're going to find alarming cases where you can pretty much put any group of people in the oppressor and the oppressed and have it be real and accurate.

Does America have problems with racism? Yeah, it has a lot of all sorts and its unfortunate.

But if we really want to stop racism, we need to accept that anyone and everyone is capable of it and has done it to some extent.

A history teacher of mine said it best. Studying history is learning how awful your country has been. Then its looking at how awful everyone else has been. Then you start to understand the scope of these problems, how deep rooted they are in all of our cultures and just how far the pain has reached.

tldr: people are racist dude

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maria Kanellis is a babe with two awesome theme songs to boot

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now you need to vote for Raigh and Wrys to have the average summoning circle
If I didn't have a bunch of others I needed to vote for I probably would've dropped in a Wrys vote, mainly because I legitimately like Wrys. :p
Vote for him, and you'll be very glad you did.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What's a FE meme vote without voting for Oliver?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Are you bribing again, Opo? :smirk:
I'm actually just referencing Wrys' recruitment dialogue.
"I am Wrys, a humble curate. I cannot fight, but the staff I carry can heal the wounded. Take me with you, and you'll be very glad you did."

...I shouldn't know that by heart, but apparently I do.

D

Deleted member

A lot of people like to think racism is a mostly white on black USA exclusive affair, but around the world you're going to find alarming cases where you can pretty much put any group of people in the oppressor and the oppressed and have it be real and accurate.

Does America have problems with racism? Yeah, it has a lot of all sorts and its unfortunate.

But if we really want to stop racism, we need to accept that anyone and everyone is capable of it and has done it to some extent.

A history teacher of mine said it best. Studying history is learning how awful your country has been. Then its looking at how awful everyone else has been. Then you start to understand the scope of these problems, how deep rooted they are in all of our cultures and just how far the pain has reached.

I was just joking about it considering how ethnically diverse Brazil is compared to basically any other country. I know very well how racism works.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was just joking about it considering how ethnically diverse Brazil is compared to basically any other country. I know very well how racism works.
Ah, that wasn't really directed at you specifically.

Comment just made me think.

KMDP

Smash Legend

This brings to mind that bunch of comments the Main Discussion thread got from 5ch a few months ago (I think it was a discussion on the Grinch Leak?) where one of the commenters was incredibly racist to a Korean person (literally calling them sub-human).

Now, on to the actual meat of the post; if we want to stop racism. we have to start by collectively ridding ourselves of the "Us vs Them" mentality.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is totally Fire Emblem related...no lies
36EBE96A-1119-47CB-B1AB-E7821BDDBBAA.jpeg

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm actually just referencing Wrys' recruitment dialogue.
"I am Wrys, a humble curate. I cannot fight, but the staff I carry can heal the wounded. Take me with you, and you'll be very glad you did."

...I shouldn't know that by heart, but apparently I do.
Ayy, I might drop the last vote for him for the memes or go Marth, it depends on the midway results as Eliwood is posed to upset him.

Outside of Alm who probably is holding safely on first place with his dong armor everything else feels unpredictable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ayy, I might drop the last vote for him for the memes or go Marth, it depends on the midway results as Eliwood is posed to upset him.

Outside of Alm who probably is holding safely on first place with his dong armor everything else feels unpredictable.
I swear if Marth gets snubbed I'm going to beat up Eliwood's son in Smash.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I swear if Marth gets snubbed I'm going to beat up Eliwood's son in Smash.
Oh come now. Marth already got his Dragon Buster Legendary that is on par with Ayra. Give poor Eliwood a moment to shine with his buddies. I mean, he doesn't have either a Brave version or a Legendary version, just like Alm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom