• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't really have an interesting heritage outside of having "wow ok you get to live until your 90s" genes.

just that ol potato irishman blood
The Irish are interesting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gwen, you've known me for how long?

Frankly I'm offended you'd even consider I was like that.

Thought we were friends.

Anywho, Vox made a fairly nice article on it.

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/22/18192908/covington-catholic-video-nick-sandmann-maga

TLDR

Interaction in the main video seems to be a bit of a confusing thing. Seems the interaction was a little different than it looked like initially.

However, there is evidence that the kids were being jerks elsewhere (videos and testimony). And I think that's the main take away. It looks like even if the televised encounter wasn't the complete story, the kids were still jerks.

And now I know.

Anywho...

That's the great tragedy.

The reason you don't hear much Native American prejudice is that there really aren't enough of them left to complain. Their collective voice is so quiet that they're often forgotten.

They've lost much of their culture and many of their members who are Native American barely associate it with anything but the negative. They've effectively been beaten down so much that many of them have given up.

Native Americans got it the worst of anyone, frankly. Followed closely by Jewish people.

Sad stuff.
I thought a colleague of mine was a friend too but since that Nashville stuff here in the Netherlands, where one conservative religious party want to actively get rid of LGBT rights because "uwu my magic book says so", he's gotten his head up his ass about how how divorce should be punished and how his interpretation of Christianity is the only way society can live, so I as you can imagine I'm not exactly sure how to take this as this happens to all my 'friends' who are Christians, online and offline

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
he's gotten his head up his *** about how how divorce should be punished and how his interpretation of Christianity is the only way society can live
who does he think he is, henry xiii?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I thought a colleague of mine was a friend too but since that Nashville stuff here in the Netherlands, where one conservative religious party want to actively get rid of LGBT rights because "uwu my magic book says so", he's gotten his head up his *** about how how divorce should be punished and how his interpretation of Christianity is the only way society can live, so I as you can imagine I'm not exactly sure how to take this as this happens to all my 'friends' who are Christians, online and offline
You say this like all Christians are the same and believe the same things.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It REALLY looks like it's the case when it's all I ever get to see irl with a lot of people online being somehow worse
why do you think a small band of the british decided to colonize in america?

being nonamerican does not equate in this example, this a dang history lesson

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What makes no sense to me is that the highschool students are described as "children", most of them seem old enough to drive. LMAO

You say this like all Christians are the same and believe the same things.
Well yeah, that figures when most people wouldn't even know what the original texts say. Going by that homosexuality wouldn't be a sin. But I'd say that's a minority belief among Christianity in modern times.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought a colleague of mine was a friend too but since that Nashville stuff here in the Netherlands, where one conservative religious party want to actively get rid of LGBT rights because "uwu my magic book says so", he's gotten his head up his *** about how how divorce should be punished and how his interpretation of Christianity is the only way society can live, so I as you can imagine I'm not exactly sure how to take this as this happens to all my 'friends' who are Christians, online and offline
Coming off as you're looking at a label before the experiences we shared... I'm not those other people.

"Magic book" comment aside (was that really necessary?) of course Christians believe different things. Denominations exist, lol. I know several LGBT Christians.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Coming off as you're looking at a label before the experiences we shared... I'm not those other people.

"Magic book" comment aside (was that really necessary?) of course Christians believe different things. Denominations exist, lol. I know several LGBT Christians.
That jab was specifically meant for people who act like they're allowed to be sacks of **** who discriminate others because something told them that it makes them good people. If you don't believe the bible makes you allowed to do whatever you want then it clearly doesn't apply to you

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm a Christian. I feel like I do a pretty good job of being tolerant and welcoming to other peoples points of view. LGBT especially. I've always felt Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei was the same way from the convos we've had.

Edit: **** actually I think he was one of the few that stood by me during a debacle in the Old Mewtwo thread...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That jab was specifically meant for people who act like they're allowed to be sacks of **** who discriminate others because something told them that it makes them good people. If you don't believe the bible makes you allowed to do whatever you want then it clearly doesn't apply to you
Doesn't come off that way.

Regardless, Bible is pretty clear that all sin is equal and Christians aren't supposed to judge others. Even if being LGBT is evil, I still have no right to judge or parade around some moral high ground. I'm just as bad as I have also sinned so we would be on the same boat.

I don't think being LGBT makes you evil though. Just makes you a person going through life in a different way.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't come off that way.

Regardless, Bible is pretty clear that all sin is equal and Christians aren't supposed to judge others. Even if being LGBT is evil, I still have no right to judge or parade around some moral high ground. I'm just as bad as I have also sinned so we would be on the same boat.

I don't think being LGBT makes you evil though. Just makes you a person going through life in a different way.
And not to mention every sin can be forgiven as long as you believe. After all, it's acknowledged by the bible that everyone sins. Really what separates heaven from hell is just believing and practicing, which is just lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
There are some good people out there that had bad upbringings that sadly gave them these opinions. I'm trying to say that some of these people can make good friends despite controversial view's on life. As someone who's got friends on the other side of Europe, I know all this too well.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe people are trying to excuse those Covington kids. They ****ing harassed that man on video, all while wearing MAGA hats. What more prpof do you want that they're racist ****heads? ****, after that you could see a bunch of tweets of people sharing their experiences from there and how that school breeds only hatred.
It's an odd choice for a diet
You do realize red meat is less healthy due to high amounts of fat and other factors that come from their industrialized production, right?

D

Deleted member

You do realize red meat is less healthy due to high amounts of fat and other factors that come from their industrialized production, right?
Yeah, but also fish are less sophisticated animals than ones that supply red meat. Fish do not feel pain the same way more sophisticated vertebrates do.

And then you have insects that just don’t feel pain. But I’d hate to eat insects.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm going to say. If Trump sided with something.

It's definitely the wrong side.

I haven't heard the whole story, but I fully believe that man to be an entitled rich white asshole who probably doesn't even have love in his heart for his own children and wife. Let alone anyone who might be different than him.

Long story short. Donald Trump is one of the biggest pieces of **** to ever walk this Earth.

And the people he supported are definitely pieces of **** as well.

Oh and Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei is good people. He's one of the few that always checks in on me when I have an episode or am falling apart.

Oh and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen not all Christians or religious people are racist/homophobic wackadoos.

My favorite cousin is a Pastor. She preaches every Sunday. She's welcomed me into her home many times. Given me my family nickname of ''Wildcard." and on the down low loves to play games like Cards Against Humanity while drinking a stiff bourbon. She's a total sweetheart that preaches love and tolerance of all through her religion.

Don't get religious people twisted.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I haven't heard the whole story, but I fully believe that man to be an entitled rich white ******* who probably doesn't even have love in his heart for his own children and wife. Let alone anyone who might be different than him.

Long story short. Donald Trump is one of the biggest pieces of **** to ever walk this Earth.

Oh and Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei is good people. He's one of the few that always checks in on me when I have an episode or am falling apart.

Oh and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen not all Christians or religious people are racist/homophobic wackadoos.

My favorite cousin is a Pastor. She preaches every Sunday. She's welcomed me into her home many times. Given me my family nickname of ''Wildcard." and on the down low loves to play games like Cards Against Humanity while drinking a stiff bourbon. She's a total sweetheart that preaches love and tolerance of all through her religion.

Again, every time I befriend a Christian it's like it's just a matter of time before they go full cultist on me. Former friends suddenly start spouting how I shouldn't even really be allowed to exist. It's happened so goddamn often I'be lost count

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yeah, but also fish are less sophisticated animals than ones that supply red meat. Fish and insects do not feel pain the same way reptiles, birds, mammals etc do.
There are different species of fish so it's entirely debatable whether they are less sophisticated than some other animals you might list.

Just because an animal doesn't make a sound when having their gut cut open doesn't mean they are more resistant to pain.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are different species of fish so it's entirely debatable whether they are less sophisticated than some other animals you might list.

Just because an animal doesn't make a sound when having their gut cut open doesn't mean they are resistant to pain
You quoted my unedited post. Still, fish are definitely less sophisticated than mammals and the like. Not to say that they aren’t important. But same goes for bugs which can’t feel pain at all.

Fish aren’t “resistant to pain” it’s more like they don’t have the neurological capacity to process pain the way we do.

D

Deleted member

You quoted my unedited post. Still, fish are definitely less sophisticated than mammals and the like. Not to say that they aren’t important. But same goes for bugs which can’t feel pain at all.

Fish aren’t “resistant to pain” it’s more like they don’t have the neurological capacity to process pain the way we do.
So you're telling me fish feel pleasure when eaten?

I haven't heard the whole story, but I fully believe that man to be an entitled rich white ******* who probably doesn't even have love in his heart for his own children and wife. Let alone anyone who might be different than him.

Again, every time I befriend a Christian it's like it's just a matter of time before they go full cultist on me. Former friends suddenly start spouting how I shouldn't even really be allowed to exist. It's happened so goddamn often I'be lost count
You're both right. Not all religious people are bigots, that's a fact, but Gwen has an understandable reason for not being trusting of them considering what she went through and the inherent fact it IS an institution that has thousands of years of hate being spread over in their name.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
We interrupt the general proceedings of NintenZone Social to present, for the intermission, a thirty-kilo ball of mozzarella shaped like a boob.

Because I've not much to add to present discussion other than the cheeto is a raging douche and I wish we could talk about something more positive.

Intermission concluded. We will now return to general proceedings of NintenZone, already in progress.

D

Deleted member

So you're telling me fish feel pleasure when eaten?
If that were the case, you’d be a fish. Why does it always come back to fish innuendos with you anyway?

You're both right. Not all religious people are bigots, that's a fact, but Gwen has an understandable reason for not being trusting of them considering what she went through and the inherent fact it IS an institution that has thousands of years of hate being spread over in their name.
Not all are bigots per say, but many let it slide at least.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
People who spread hate in the name of religion don't even really care about the religion; they just want an excuse to spread hate and be *****.

D

Deleted member

People who spread hate in the name of religion don't even really care about the religion; they just want an excuse to spread hate and be *****.
To the contrary the people who hate the hardest are the ones who really believe in their religion. Though as mentioned earlier, there’s countless different sects and interpretations of various religions. But through use of it is how you get mass fear in the first place.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We interrupt the general proceedings of NintenZone Social to present, for the intermission, a thirty-kilo ball of mozzarella shaped like a boob.

Because I've not much to add to present discussion other than the cheeto is a raging douche and I wish we could talk about something more positive.

Intermission concluded. We will now return to general proceedings of NintenZone, already in progress.
You want to talk about something positive and you're going to bring up cheese? Truly, this planet has gone to the dogs

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I don't really have an interesting heritage outside of having "wow ok you get to live until your 90s" genes.

just that ol potato irishman blood
I honestly don’t either asides from the typical things I get told like “Oh you’re part Swede? You’re ancestors were vikings!” That kind of stuff.

D

Deleted member

I'm 1/4 Lebanese and 3/4 "Brazilian Ethnic Salad"
Shut up Shish before I ruin Brooklyn 99 for you.

Also there's that indie highlights stream in a bit but I can't seem to find any links to the actual stream, someone help
You can't ruin it for me, Gwen, nothing can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom